Team Monotype Winter Premier IV - Finals (Won by the Seafolk City Spirits)

twinkay

these bugs love all the sugar in my blood
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
hosted with Kev
1643636956156.png

banner by Moosical

Finals
Rules
Replay Thread
Records Spreadsheet

1643636945730.png
vs
1643636939166.png

Nixtorm Ninetales (1) vs Seafolk City Spirits (4)

SS: Shiba vs Prof.Otaku
SS: Xiri vs Hyperspace12
SS: Plunder vs Leafium Z
Bo3: Bushtush vs mushamu
Threat: Nailec vs adjustments
NatDex: Mateeus vs FatFighter2

:zeraora: Monothreat is Electric! :zeraora:
:mandibuzz: Bo3 starts with BW! :braviary:

Nixtorm Ninetales vs Seafolk City Spirits

SS: Shiba vs Prof.Otaku
SS: Xiri vs Hyperspace12
SS: Plunder vs Leafium Z
Bo3: Bushtush vs mushamu
Threat: Nailec vs adjustments
NatDex: Mateeus vs FatFighter2

The deadline for Finals is: Sunday, February 6th @ 11:59 PM EST (GMT -5)!

Last edited:

fade

pistol pete
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
MPL Champion
thanks Leru and Sabella for drafting me had a fun season and ty Attribute for passing me teams the whole tour

gl to the yassers(?) cy

6 slots for a tier that's a tossup on whether it's decided on preview or not was a horrible idea

NatDex: Mateeus vs FatFighter2: watching fatfighter attempt to play mons is excruciating he has managed to have matchup so one-sided in all of his games that he is able to win despite his lack of a basic understanding on how to play this game. he's playing probably the only player worse than him tho and mateeus won't have mu

Zar

What a time
is a Contributor Alumnus
Ngl I have more copypastas and no more threads so I'm bout to dump it all here. Gl to both teams in finals

That’s it I'm no longer a Zephyr Zigzagoons fan! An absolutely disgraceful lineup yet AGAIN! In all my years as a Pokemon fan of this team I've never seen such awful players start for this team! I'm becoming a Seafolk City Spirits fan! They play real pokemon, have a better manager and win trophies!

I’m shaking right now. My 1 year old son just said his first words. He said “Is it true that DugZa is finished?”, and I said “Yes son”. I couldn’t lie to him. It was one of the realest moments of my life.

i think its hilarious u kids talking shit about DugZa. u wouldnt say this shit to him at lan, hes jacked. not only that but he wears the freshest clothes, eats at the chillest restaurants and hangs out with the hottest dudes. yall are pathetic lol

Can't believe people still think anyone is better than DugZa LMAO. Maple is better, why? Cause he has proven himself everywhere. Won at Monotype room(dominated the room and was the best poster in the site). Has won tours at 2 different rooms. Is a more complete poster. He's 47 and still competing at the highest level. Has won an website-wide poll with his tier(no one else has). Bars & Melodies is a leader for his community . Has won the smogon award and pokemon showdown poll at two different rooms. Bottom line Zephyr>everyone

Ok guys, Zephyr has crossed the fucking line. Yesterday, he grabbed the aftershave from the bathroom, and smeared it all in my underwear. I put my underwear on and my dick stung like a motherfucker. So I got him back by unscrewing his lube, and filling it with chilli powder. Maple was so pissed off he came to my room and threw Bars & Melodies at my fucking wall and DugZa is fucking dead.

the team that got almost last on every pr did it fellas. insane ggs to the ninetales and everyone else this tour. i hope i was a sufficient manager for all the spirits, love u guys fr, best teammates i could ask for. s/o's in alphabetical order cuz why not :D

adjustments - felt bad for stealing you from the pipers at first but man teaming with you was fun as fuck. glad you took my slander for fun and dished it back, you made for an awesome teammate. if i get to manage mpl im getting ur ass again cuz you're a baller player too.

FatFighter2 - we had really brief interactions before this tour but funnily enough i got you because you said you wanted either spirits or some other team to draft you in your ndpl cord. i also heard good things about you on the islanders prep wise! definitely did not regret bidding on you. ik you probably dont really care about people saying you get mu all the time but they didnt see the effort and consideration you took when you prepped and built every week so those mu fishes were super deserved bro. if anything they werent fishes more so just your prep paying off. hope to see you in blt/mpl, was awesome getting to know you!

gorex - sorry for not playing you this tour but thank you for sticking around T_T. its always a pleasure talking to you cuz youre fun to be around

Hurtadoo - LE DOO. im glad you pm'd me before this tour bc honestly i probably wouldnt have gotten you otherwise. you owned me and mush during ptpl so we knew we wanted you when you dm'd me. you started off hella strong this tour and did a lot in teamchat despite you being hella busy with work. very appreciated bro ^_^

Hyperspace12 - mushamu v2. i feel like you arent super keen of me but thank you for putting in all the ss prep that you did, definitely one of the most distinguished ss players and you will definitely go for a good amount in mpl. glad to have managed you in your first 2 teamtours on smogon, i hope they were a good experience for you :D

Leafium Z - SLAYYY. im sorry we couldnt get your goons which was our original draft plan but blame rateeus for that....regardless you put your head in the game and never showed any instance of slowing down the effort you put in. you were awesome to get to know and again hope we get to team again somewhere else. (well that goes for everyone im just trying not to repeat myself)

mushamu - i know before this your you planned on quitting altogether but im glad i got you to manage this tour. youre def one of my closest smogon friends and a lot of the times i forget that we met on mons cuz we just fuck around all the time and have fun. thank you for playing bo3 and carrying our ss as well. we're running this shit back in mpl surely

Prof.Otaku - the goat. sorry we only played you two weeks. the entire tour decem and i were making jokes that you were a secret anime villain ready to farm this pool. i totally believe you could have and its on me for not putting you in sooner but you are a fire ass player and def hope to see you in blt/mpl.

shieldpoke - PIELDBOY. we're barely really mons friends since we interact in not mons servers a lot but im glad i got you to play this tour and im glad you got to pick up a win as well. hope you enjoyed monotype and if you're willing to sign up for mpl and i manage i want to start you ^_^. thanks for putting in effort to learn a tier you had no idea about and thanks for helping me prep threat a lot.

Ticken - you werent on our team but you definitely helped our threat slot all tour so much bro, thanks a bunch for that and im glad that i got to know you more as well aside from just monotype!

as for myself im def not proud of my record or how i played, some hax happened, i choked a game etc etc but its the game and im taking it all as a learning experience and hope i can perform better in other tours :D. hopefully will get a chance to manage an mpl team >:)

rs

STANDING ON BUSINESS
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
won ggs everyone - 6th will have to come in mpl :pirate:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8monotype-1505599089

ty mat/toxa for picking me up and big shoutouts to style.css and Plunder for carrying with the teams every week; my record is pretty much credited completely to them (I was just the pilot) and they were both criminally underrated at 4.5k at 3k respectively, please pick them up in every tour going forward ty ty

aye this was a fun team and fun tour overall, we were not the best team on paper by a long shot but we kicked some ass. feels good to have a ring in these tours and ggs to the ninetales for a fun series!

first mushamu, we've been friends on this damn site for almost 5 years now but we finally teamed and i had a blast with you. im glad ur finally getting to a good spot in life, and i would love to team with you once again if we aren't too busy getting bitches in the mpl season.

cy you thought this was gonna be a bitches joke LOL, but fr i was not sure what to expect from u at first im ngl, but you turned out to be a stellar manager and you definitely have potential to become a stellar player as well, so don't let the numbers let you down. you made this tour fun for me and i am sorry for having a bit of an attitude in the beginning.

Leafium Z Hyperspace12 Hurtadoo Prof.Otaku i don't wanna get too mushy here but you guys have def started to make a name for yourself in this community, and you're only gonna be getting better, don't listen to what anyone else tells you. y'all are the SS goats.

FatFighter2 idk how you do it bro but you're a god at this game. you whooped my ass in tests then get a 90-10 mu. you had some fun natdex games though, hopefully you stick around for more mono tours!

gorex where tf were u in slot 2 i might have to sue decem...

Ticken i shouted you out earlier but lets be real i would NOT be undefeated in threat without you bro, i must say though threat is a fun tier and i am for sure open to playing it in the future :eyes:

i also want to give a lil bit of credit to myself since i stayed motivated throughout this tour and finished with a record that i am happy with

that is all and i will see y'all in mpl!

stay tuned on the commencement thread for a deep analysis of our prep for this season.....

A bit sad to see it ending like that, but we had a run this tournament I definitely won't forget. From getting two big comebacks against the stacked rosters, taking one of them down in semis, and getting a clean sweep in a week we needed to win, I don't think there's anything else I could wish for apart from the final result. I'm really proud of the hard work, the effort, and how this team tied up together so well in this season, and for this reason it would be unfair of my part to not give credit where it's due, because these guys were the reason we went all the way.

style.css - one of the best decisions we could possibly have made in the draft was to get you, trust me. You were a big part of MPL Braves, and going into this tour you did keep the high standard. I mean, you and Plunder were the engine behind our insane SS record, so what's there not to be thankful for :P Hope you try your hand at managing, because you sure as hell are good at it!

Plunder - speaking of him, here's the devil himself. 5-0 in your first major debut in a team tour, after a positive showing in MPL? That's really good stuff bro, and I think you'll probably go even further than that. You were also a great scouter/builder with style, and an amazing team chat presence as well. Wish we can team up another time :)

Bushtush - rough tour you had, but it unfortunately happens to the best of us :( I am honestly sorry for some of the teams we passed you thru the tour as I think some losses were due to the builder, but nevertheless you net us three wins that did help our regular season run. Thanks for being a nice dude and a good team player once more.

Nailec - you were designed to be our threat player from the start, and honestly, I can say I'm satisfied by what you did. the 0-2 start was a bit bad, but then things started to hinge after the crucial SS win that kept our momentum built. Overall you were not only a great guy in the threat slot, but a helper in the other slots and just a cool presence, so thank you very much for that :)

Shiba - we knew you were one of the best in the draft, but finishing 8-1 while winning every single week after the first was just remarkable and, of course, fundamental to our run. In fact, we kinda accounted ur games as almost wins because you're just a very reliable player to count on. Again, thank you and hope we can team up again :)

Xiri - just like Shiba, you've been another consistent threat in monotype team and individual tours by now, and I'm glad you kept threatening the opposition this MWP, haha. You were another important part in our SS record and our performance in this tournament, and I definitely can say you exceeded our expectations. Thank you very much as well, and I do want to team with you up in the future too!

Aberforth - unfortunately you didn't get too much playing time, but when you did, I can't say I'm disappointed. While I do think you could have done better, the win you got was in one of our more crucial weeks since we needed to bounce back from a loss, and I thank you for that. Sorry for not having slotted you as much as the others :(

ToxaNex - firstly, thank you for managing this together. You do have results in Discord tours when on the helm, and turns out you were a great fit for this tournament as well with your drafting and Monothreat experience. We do know each other from quite a good time in this community, so I can say it was a fun experience overall. I really think you could get to manage in more Monotype competitions in the future because I know you're successful at it :)

As for myself, I'm proud of what I achieved in the past year as a manager. I'm not a good player by any means (and am still roasted for being ass), but managing is what's fun for me and reaching another final is, from any perspective, a big achievement. I do have to work on my playing skills if I want to buy myself again in the future though... I think I underperformed when I couldn't, and I apologize you guys for that.

GG's and congrats to the spirits, nice series overall and deserved finals win. Sad to see our team losing, but you guys were just a great team in this tournament that turned out to be definitely much better than what everyone said in the beginning (myself included).

Thanks for the hosts Felines and Kev for running this tournament as smoothly as it could be, and for the other managers for making this competition special. See you guys in BLT for another Staravias rampage :bloblul:

I will also write some s/o about the tournament. First of all I would like to thank the hosts and also to congratulate the Ninetales, your journey in SS was incredible and it was a pleasure to see a second team of friends in the final. So now let's start the s/o

cy You were literally the key element of the team and I mean that sincerely. You have literally shown that even if you are not the best player of your tier you can be the best captain of the tournament. You managed to catch the whole team in shape even though we were getting sub while helping on the preparations and calls of almost all the slots. Thanks again for taking me on and let me my chance, it was a real pleasure to play under you, I had the best tournament of my life on this site and it is largely thanks to you. I hope you'll take me back to the spirits at the next MPL <3

PS: Remove the fucking fruity role i get more bitches than you this tournament

shieldpoke A nice user who is pretty active in the team. Unfortunally you don't play a lot but it was a real pleasure to talk with you. You are a very nice and funny guy.

Prof.Otaku I know that you were disappointed that you didn't play much but you were so clutch in the semi-final. Unfort, you don't be a lot active in the team but i hope that the help that I brought to you in the final will have been useful even if you did not play the team. I hope to see you again at your prime brother

gorex REX REX REX REX REX REX REX REX REX REX REX

FatFighter2 You are THE GOOD guy, bro i never see a people say "sorry for the mu" as soon as you have a positive matchup :sob: . After, I really found you excellent on most of the games and you were clearly our carry when we needed it to the point where in semi I went to bed saying to myself: "It's ok FF2 will win". You are the goat and I hope we'll keep in touch.

adjustments My RU tutee on smogon <33 . I'm so happy that we finaly make a tournament together since 1 year. You really improve your ingame and i'm really proud of you because one year ago you have so much difficulites and now you literally win in SS and THREAT by destroying the playoffs. I'm so happy to win this tournament with a good friend that i know before the tour :)

Hyperspace12 You are crazy as fuck bro and i don't talk about pokemon, I literally laugh irl when i remember the fucking message that you send to floss for 0 reason. Other than that it was really cool to have someone like you in our SS core, like me you have some crazy idea and it was really nice to have someone to control it at all. That was a pleasure man i can't wait to be with you in the Spirit 2.0

Leafium Z BRO I LOVE YOU SO MUCH, YOU ARE THE KINDEST TEAMMATE WHAT I HAVE SINCE 1 YEAR. For real, you are a fucking lovely guy and every interaction that i have with you make me happy. Also i want to thank you for the confidence that you have on me, you don't doubt about the build and the idea that i give you and you pilot so good my team (even my walrein). I really hope to team with you again if you need anything in NU/RU don't hesitate to pm me on discord at any hours my message are always open for you

Before to shoutouts the GOAT i want to say a big thank you to Floss Plunder style.css yedla Cielau Dieu Amphibien for test with me when i need. Tbh without you I would have really struggled to pilot my teams and thankfully you took time out for me to test my teams. I make a special S/O to Bouki who literally help me to adjust my team before i play, this man deserve a slot for the next mpl it's the plunder tutee have a good idea and start a good ssnl run including a win over toadow, i hope someone take that in consideration for the man who carry me in the shadow.

Also, i want to S/O the shadow spirits for the atmosphere that you have put in the whole tournament Perish Song Elyoss Ara maroon Aberforth avarice Ainzcrad gum silver grace and TAI and the helper who join us in semi finale (LuckyPiper DONT THINK THAT I SNAKE YOU I PM CY AND YOU IN THE SAME TIME AND WHEN YOU ANSWER TO ME I SEND A MESSAGE TO NO ONE)

For finish...

mushamu I don't know how to say a thank you for everything you did for me in this tournament. I really didn't think you would have taken me after our famous game in ptpl and yet you took me in, you believed in me, you helped me and now I feel like I really progressed in monotype thanks to you. I really respect you as player, your ideas are heat af, your teambuild totally crazy with a lot of sense and I loved playing everything you proposed . It's thanks to you that I'm so involved when my work literally takes up all my time. I'm sorry for my losestreak after my good start. I hope you'll want me back for the next mpl because I really enjoyed being with you. Apart from that you are now a very good friend for that so if you need to talk about anything including irl never hesitate i'm here for you

Thanks for this crazy season the spirit i will never forget this tournament. For my part I am happy with what I was able to do on this tournament even if i'm disappointed with my results, I feel that I have played my games well in general and I know the points that I still have to improve !

Ily spirits

Last edited:
This was my first serious tournament, after two BLTs, and I couldn't be sadder that it took place in a complicated period for me where I was overwhelmed with irl responsibilities. Nevertheless it was a good tournament, and the team was extremely motivated (and funny)!

I wouldn't know what to say about all the players, but I wanted to at least thank cy and mushamu who decided to pick me, even though there were probably better choices on the side.
Hyperspace12 , keep on persevering, you'll go far, likewise Hurtadoo , you seem to like mono so good luck.

Thanks also to Insector84 and Bouki for the help they gave me.
And of course an s/o to my absolute brother, Cielau , he corrected the two teams I sent him <3 (and he is an absolute goat)

mushamu

God jihyo
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
wanted to post my win and do shoutouts so here it is, thanks Sabella for the oras team idea. happy to bring it home for the spirits.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7monotype-607351
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen6monotype-607360

cy thanks for managing with me and making the whole experience fun. originally i didnt wanna manage cause i thought it would be time draining but u made the tour seem like it was just hanging out with friends and playing mons instead of an actual tour and thats what made it enjoyable for me. thanks for being a really good friend too outside of mons. might run it back in mpl, we'll see how im feeling then motivation wise but fsr i have an addiction to this tier so lmao

Hyperspace12 uve come a long way since we first met like a year ago (?) n u asked me to help u with mono playing/building. ur ceiling is way higher in both departments and its really nice to see. thanks for being a good friend the whole time, sorry to hear u might not sign up for mpl, but i understand since its where im kinda coming from too with the needing to focus on other things other than mons. good luck with life :)

adjustments thanks for being friends with me for like 5 (?) years now. its kinda crazy to think that we were both barely high schoolers when we first met on this site and now we're both grinding ourselves at college. it's nice finally getting to team with you as well. ik u werent happy with the team at first but im glad u quickly got used to it :D

Hurtadoo Leafium Z u guys both have a lot of potential in the future if u guys keep it up :D. hurtadoo i honestly forgot that game even happened when i think about u cause like everyone has bad games sometimes but it doesnt mean theyre inherently bad players. even the best players will throw 100% winpaths on the wrong days but like its ok. i even played badly on the game that we first played so like shit happens, but i think the best players know how to move on from those horrible games, learn from their mistakes, and keep going. otherwise, thanks for the hard work u two put in all season, and helping by both putting in a lot of effort in the building/playing department. hopefully we can team again in mpl, but if u guys are on other teams or i dont sign up then im sure u guys will put in a lot of work there as well.

FatFighter2 thanks for putting in a lot of work this season. i still dont know how u do it in the builder, i stg there has to be some plot armor LOL but ur a great player too (see: finals game vs mateeus)

Prof.Otaku sorry for not getting to start u more. i know u are a great player with a high ceiling ever since u whooped my ass in tryouts and im sure u can do the same to the mpl pool :D

shieldpoke thank u for picking up this tier this tour even if monotype isnt the tier ur the most familiar with, u still played a v good game against havens and put in a lot of effort in threat. i can see u doing well in sm monotype for mpl if u want to sign up so i hope u will stick around mono.

gorex sorry for not getting the chance to play slot2rex this tour but thank you for being my friend otherwise. good luck with the army :)

Aberforth Ticken silver grace gum avarice Ara Sabella LuckyPiper maroon Perish Song Ainzcrad thanks for helping the team with builds/tests and stuff or just being a good presence. team wouldnt be the same without the team chat for sure.

overall it feels nice to share a ring with a group of people i can call my friends. my motivation tanked midtour so sorry about that. see u guys in mpl (maybe) and if not, then good luck with ur future endeavors :)

Last edited:
Congratulations to the spirits for the win.

mushamu As a competitor I can respect someone who takes multiple games off me across different tournaments. The only thing I can respect more is someone who takes multiple games off the best players in said tier across different tours. Your run is not only unheard of, but the best I've seen in the monotype community in my personal opinion.. Keep at it king very nice win.

Hurtadoo Plunder You guys had some cool games and I hope to see more of you guys in the future. Always good to give credit when I see decent showings

Peace and Love Monotype family.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)