Project Monotype Teambuilding Workshop V2

I'd like a fairy team based around Togekiss.

Togekiss @ Babiri Berry
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 84 SpA / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Fire Blast
- Aura Sphere
- Roost

I'm trying to put around a fairy team for my first time playing the monotype meta.
togekiss.jpg

Hello Again! Looking to mix things up with a HO Dark Team

Sharpedo @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Crunch
- Psychic Fangs
- Waterfall

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 48 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 204 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Earthquake

Hydreigon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Flash Cannon

Simple but powerful Offensive core, Trying to find some good companions to these guys.

Feel free to mix up the ev spreads, and I'm not sure about the movesets on the choice users.
Go with what feels natural!

Also, thanks Decem for the awesome Dragon team, it's really good but I'm super rusty with it now that I'm back into pokemon after about 2 months lol

Thanks guys!

Harpp

No rain, no flowers.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Sir David
Buzzwole Fighting

Cobalion @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Buzzwole @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leech Life
- Superpower
- Ice Punch
- Poison Jab

Gallade-Mega @ Galladite
Ability: Inner Focus
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Zen Headbutt
- Shadow Sneak

Terrakion @ Rockium Z
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Rock Polish

Hawlucha @ Power Herb
Ability: Unburden
Jolly Nature
- Sky Attack
- High Jump Kick
- Acrobatics
- Defog

Keldeo-Resolute @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Taunt
- Scald
- Secret Sword

Hi, Sir David. For your request for a Fighting-type team around Buzzwole I decided to use a Choice Scarf set on the Buzzwole since it opens up the room to use Double Dance Terrakion which is a threatening Pokemon to face. So with DD Terrakion and Buzzwole sets decided I added in Cobalion next as the Stealth Rock setter of the team however instead of using a full utility set with moves such as Thunder Wave, I decided on using a offensive Stealth Rock Cobalion set with Life Orb, Focus Blast and Hidden Power Ice which allows to open up some walls and take out Pokemon like Gliscor, Garchomp, Landorus for the team. Next up, Mega Gallade was added since it is a terrific wall breaker able to break types such as Water and Poison. Since the team has DD Terrakion which is vulnerable to hazards in particular such as Toxic Spikes and Sticky Web, I added Defog Hawlucha next to support Terrakion. Lastly, added in Stall breaker Keldeo to keep hazards away and to be able to deal with walls such as Toxapex and Mantine with Taunt.

I also have an alternate team for you to use. The team which is posted below has dual scarf as Choice Scarf Terrakion deals with faster threats which Choice Scarf Buzzwole fails to check. The team also has a Scrafty which is good in my opinion as it provides the team with a much appreciated Psychic-type immunity, allowing the team to deal with threats like Choice Scarf Latios without much issue.
https://pokepast.es/0997706a528f8c11

Sir David
Buzzwole Fighting

Cobalion @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Buzzwole @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Leech Life
- Superpower
- Ice Punch
- Poison Jab

Gallade-Mega @ Galladite
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Zen Headbutt
- Shadow Sneak

Terrakion @ Rockium Z
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Rock Polish

Hawlucha @ Power Herb
Jolly Nature
- Sky Attack
- High Jump Kick
- Acrobatics
- Defog

Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Taunt
- Scald
- Secret Sword

Hi, Sir David. For your request for a Fighting-type team around Buzzwole I decided to use a Choice Scarf set on the Buzzwole since it opens up the room to use Double Dance Terrakion which is a threatening Pokemon to face. So with DD Terrakion and Buzzwole sets decided I added in Cobalion next as the Stealth Rock setter of the team however instead of using a full utility set with moves such as Thunder Wave, I decided on using a offensive Stealth Rock Cobalion set with Life Orb, Focus Blast and Hidden Power Ice which allows to open up some walls and take out Pokemon like Gliscor, Garchomp, Landorus for the team. Next up, Mega Gallade was added since it is a terrific wall breaker able to break types such as Water and Poison. Since the team has DD Terrakion which is vulnerable to hazards in particular such as Toxic Spikes and Sticky Web, I added Defog Hawlucha next to support Terrakion. Lastly, added in Stall breaker Keldeo to keep hazards away and to be able to deal with walls such as Toxapex and Mantine with Taunt.

I also have an alternate team for you to use. The team which is posted below has dual scarf as Choice Scarf Terrakion deals with faster threats which Choice Scarf Buzzwole fails to check. The team also has a Scrafty which is good in my opinion as it provides the team with a much appreciated Psychic-type immunity, allowing the team to deal with threats like Choice Scarf Latios without much issue.
Thanks a lot.

mushamu

God jihyo
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
this was a toughie to build
Iggy96

Minior Rock

Minior @ White Herb / Focus Sash
Ability: Shields Down
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Shell Smash

Tyranitar @ Tyranitarite
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch
- Crunch

Terrakion @ Rockium Z
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Substitute

Nihilego @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam

Golem-Alola @ Expert Belt / Choice Band
Ability: Magnet Pull
Adamant Nature
- Wild Charge
- Brick Break / Stone Edge
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake

Shuckle @ Mental Herb
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Knock Off
- Sticky Web
- Encore
- Stealth Rock

First and foremost, Focus Sash is an option on Minior for it to act as a last ditch check to Pokemon such as Azumarill and set up in matchups such as Electric garuanteed Stealth Rock isn't up, but hurts Acrobatics' reliability. The rest of the set is fairly standard. I couldn't fit Mega Diancie on this team without having to remove Shuckle, which I didn't like, so I decided to opt for Dragon Dance Mega Tyranitar instead with Crunch to hit Psychic-type Pokemon. Substitute + Swords Dance Terrakion applies a lot of pressure onto balance builds in general as a breaker. Choice Scarf Nihilego compliments the team as speed control, and I thought Dazzling Gleam would be nice to lure in Kommo-O and have a spammable attack against Dragon-type Pokemon as I didn't have Mega Diancie. Alolan Golem is the Mega Scizor check, and can trap other Steel-type Pokemon such as Klefki in the Fairy matchup for Scarf Nihilego and Ferrothorn for the team. Brick Break breaks Klefki's screens. Shuckle sets Stealth Rock and Sticky Web. With this team you kind of have to just try to lay down hazards and focus on pulling through with one of your wincons.

replays:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7monotype-854229137
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7monotype-854227909
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7monotype-854431172

Last edited:
Sir David
Buzzwole Fighting

Cobalion @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Buzzwole @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Leech Life
- Superpower
- Ice Punch
- Poison Jab

Gallade-Mega @ Galladite
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Zen Headbutt
- Shadow Sneak

Terrakion @ Rockium Z
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Rock Polish

Hawlucha @ Power Herb
Jolly Nature
- Sky Attack
- High Jump Kick
- Acrobatics
- Defog

Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Taunt
- Scald
- Secret Sword

The alternate team mentioned here is very good.. Scarf Buzzwole and Terrakion come very handy in most of the cases.. I only had trouble with few battles against Flying and Fairies (Mimikyu and Azumaril).. and I just had a save by Buzzwole in a battle..
vs Bug
I was almost in a tough spot, and was hoping to somehow boost Kommo-o with Clagorous soulblaze.. but Buzzwole clean swiped the whole team.

Hello! To jazz up this thread again, I'm submitting this for a steel team.
Dugtrio-Alola @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Tangling Hair
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Stone Edge
- Memento / Sucker Punch

As it is unlisted on the VR, I will explain why I would like someone to explore this further than I can at this point. With this set, you can outspeed Terrakion, Infernape, Charizard-X, Blacephalon, Tapu Bulu/Koko, Diancie-Mega, Zeraora and other Flying types like Zapdos, Thundurus, Dragonite, etc. I feel in comparison to Excadrill, the speed that Dugtrio offers could out-weigh the attack stat and ability that the former offers. The main reason why Excadrill is preferred - to me - is the ability to counter Rotom-Wash and on occasion, Sableye-Mega. With the same offensive coverage as Excadrill, and the fact that Sucker Punch can deal damage on Psychic types like Latios, Gallade (though Earthquake would be better), and Alakazam (granted any attack from Dugtrio will get Alakazam down), but this could be an interesting experiment.

Hello Everyone! I feel like some OMs haven't gotten enough love in this set. I'm requesting a mono AAA Electric team based around this Xurkitree set:

Xurkitree @ Psychium Z
Ability: Surge Surfer
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hypnosis
- Tail Glow
- Thunderbolt
- Energy Ball

I don't mind changing the attacking moves or the ability, but I'd prefer to keep the Z-Hypnosis Tail Glow. I feel like a good electric surge core combined with pokemon with levitate could do a really good job to support xurkitree in cleaning up the game. I'm relatively inexperienced in mono aaa, and I'd love something spicy (hence why I'm requesting this set.) Thanks!

Hello Everyone! I feel like some OMs haven't gotten enough love in this set. I'm requesting a mono AAA Electric team based around this Xurkitree set:

Xurkitree @ Psychium Z
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hypnosis
- Tail Glow
- Thunderbolt
- Energy Ball

I don't mind changing the attacking moves or the ability, but I'd prefer to keep the Z-Hypnosis Tail Glow. I feel like a good electric surge core combined with pokemon with levitate could do a really good job to support xurkitree in cleaning up the game. I'm relatively inexperienced in mono aaa, and I'd love something spicy (hence why I'm requesting this set.) Thanks!
Reserved

Hi all, I'd like to request a team based around a landorus, with set completely open to changes.

(Set off smogon recommended)
Landorus @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Gravity
- Focus Blast

I was interested when I found out that Lando was run as a spec attacker typically and I love to use a team based around its wall breaking potential.
I am also interested in any heat sets or unconventional ones as well, for example I saw one person who ran a calm mind set.

Harpp

No rain, no flowers.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hi all, I'd like to request a team based around a landorus, with set completely open to changes.

(Set off smogon recommended)
Landorus @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Gravity
- Focus Blast

I was interested when I found out that Lando was run as a spec attacker typically and I love to use a team based around its wall breaking potential.
I am also interested in any heat sets or unconventional ones as well, for example I saw one person who ran a calm mind set.
reserved

Harpp

No rain, no flowers.
XannyDevito101

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind
- Stealth Rock

Excadrill @ Steelium Z
Ability: Sand Rush
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin

Garchomp @ Garchompite
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Stone Edge

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Recover
- Earthquake

Landorus @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast
- Sludge Wave
- Gravity

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Substitute

This is fairly standard Ground team based around Sand Stream support from Hippowdon. The team has Gastrodon for Water-type immunity and to check threats such as Keldeo for the team. Excadrill with Steelium Z and Swords Dance doubles up as a wallbreaker and sweeper and is able to get past checks such as Gliscor with Steelium Z boosted by Swords Dance. Landorus here is sporting a standard set with Gravity to take care of threats such as Celesteela and dismantle Steel and Electric type teams easily. Mega Garchomp with its mixed set surprises a lot of its usual checks such as Slowbro which gets dented by a Draco Meteor. Edge-Quake combo allows for good coverage in conjunction with Fire Blast. Lastly, I added in Substitute Mamoswine as a secondary wallbreaker and priority user in Ice Shard which improves the Dragon-type match up a bit. Substitute allows Mamoswine to do well against bulky Dark-type teams where bulky Dark-type teams struggle to safely switch into it due to its coverage moves. Metronome can be used over Life Orb on Mamoswine but I have not tested that out. I also have a Sandless Ground team for you to use which I have linked below. If you have questions regarding both the teams then feel free to pm me here.
Team2: https://pokepast.es/049ad27dd69b3f17

Hello, I'd like to request an Ice team built around Life Orb Mamoswine please.

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off / Superpower

maroon

free palestine
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
RMT & Mono Leader
Hello, folks

I'm requesting a Psychic team featuring Meowstic for Screen suport. I have seen players who use it with succes.

As the Mega of choice I would like it to be Latios, Alakazam or Gardevoir, please.

I hope it is possible.
hello, meowstic is quite a bad pokemon and while yes some ladders have used it to moderate success remember it is just the ladder. If you wanted a screens setter on Psychic try Deoxys-Speed as your best bet!!!

hello, meowstic is quite a bad pokemon and while yes some ladders have used it to moderate success remember it is just the ladder. If you wanted a screens setter on Psychic try Deoxys-Speed as your best bet!!!
O. K. I was not aware of that. But thanks for the advice.

Hi all, I've seen a distinct lack of electric monotype teams recently and I'd love to give on a try. There are 2 mons that interest me the most on the viability rankings: Zeraora and Golem-A. For my team request a team with both is not necessary, a team with one or the other is fine as well, but from what I've look at they work together quite well, with Golems rocks chipping for Zera and together they pressure the annoying steel type. Set are open for changes if the ones I've posted are outdated or if the team prefers different moves being run. Thank you :)

Zeraora @ Choice Band
Ability: Volt Absorb
Jolly Nature
- Plasma Fists
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Iron Tail

Golem-Alola @ Air Balloon
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Stone Edge

Hello! I've recently gotten back into Showdown and have had some trouble building for monotype since I haven't built a team for it in close to a year and am not super in-touch with the meta currently. My favorite type is water but I have a nice water team I like, I think it would be fun to use mono-bug :) I'll leave these sets for two of my favorite bug types but I'm not opposed to the sets being changed in any way! I've been a huge believer in scarf Heracross since the beginning of gen 6 and would love to use it again. I feel like Armaldo is a good fit as well just given the typing as well as its utility as a rocker and spinner. Huge thank you in advance :]

Heracross @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Megahorn
- Earthquake
- Knock Off

Armaldo @ Leftovers
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 84 Def / 172 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge

maroon

free palestine
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
RMT & Mono Leader
Hi all, I've seen a distinct lack of electric monotype teams recently and I'd love to give on a try. There are 2 mons that interest me the most on the viability rankings: Zeraora and Golem-A. For my team request a team with both is not necessary, a team with one or the other is fine as well, but from what I've look at they work together quite well, with Golems rocks chipping for Zera and together they pressure the annoying steel type. Set are open for changes if the ones I've posted are outdated or if the team prefers different moves being run. Thank you :)

Zeraora @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Plasma Fists
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Iron Tail

Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Stone Edge
Hello! I've recently gotten back into Showdown and have had some trouble building for monotype since I haven't built a team for it in close to a year and am not super in-touch with the meta currently. My favorite type is water but I have a nice water team I like, I think it would be fun to use mono-bug :) I'll leave these sets for two of my favorite bug types but I'm not opposed to the sets being changed in any way! I've been a huge believer in scarf Heracross since the beginning of gen 6 and would love to use it again. I feel like Armaldo is a good fit as well just given the typing as well as its utility as a rocker and spinner. Huge thank you in advance :]

Heracross @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Megahorn
- Earthquake
- Knock Off

Armaldo @ Leftovers
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 84 Def / 172 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge
XannyDevito101 & Odog.Eastpond both of these cores are incredibly common and found on the sample teams. You should check those out, here is a direct link to the samples post: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/monotype-sample-teams.3599682/#post-7292576!

Floss

never forgotten
is a Community Leaderis a Top Tiering Contributor
Monotype Leader
Hello, I'd like to request a team built around this particular set for Mono Fairy.

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 240 Spe
Bold Nature
- Taunt
- Knock Off
- Nature's Madness
- Scald

When I was thinking of ways I could implement cool tech on top tier types, like Fairy and Psychic (admittedly fallen off), this was one of the ideas I had. Fini serves as a mon that can lure/not scare away one of the premier threats to Fairy in Alolan-Muk (and Knock Off Iapapa/whatever berry to stunt its effectiveness), while also serving its use in other scenarios that assist Fairy. These include hitting Mega Steelix for decent damage (and able to nullify it if Haze and Icium Z are used over another move and leftovers respectively) along with being capable of preventing recovery/hazards removal of the opponent mon through Taunt. However, I have been unable to utilize it to its fullest potential on a Fairy team, which is the cause of requesting this. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

mushamu

God jihyo
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
Joshua Harsono

Thundurus Electric

Tapu Koko @ Magnet
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Taunt
- U-turn

Raichu-Alola @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Focus Blast
- Grass Knot
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt

Thundurus @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Thunder Punch
- Fly
- Superpower

Rotom-Wash @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 212 SpD / 44 Spe
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog

Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Fire Punch
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake

Zeraora @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Iron Tail
- Plasma Fists
- Close Combat
- Knock Off

Tapu koko is a mandatory member of all Electric teams because of its excellent offensive presence and ability to set terrain. I chose a taunt set to go on this team in order to prevent hazards, namely stealth rock from coming up and chipping at the team and thundurus. Alolan Raichu abuses Electric Terrain, and runs a life orb 4 attacks set on this team as thundurus takes up the Z-move. Rotom Wash is a defensive pivot that supports the team through its ability to check pokemon such as Victini and Azumarill, as well as provide utility in Will-o-wisp, and can defog way entry hazards if it comes down to it. Thundurus is a setup sweeper that utilize bulk up in conjunction with Z-Fly to to dent threatening grass-type Pokemon, namely Mega Venusaur for the team. Alolan Golem sets Stealth Rock, and without Zapdos I decided to make it a Air Balloon set so that it could trap and eliminate Steel type Pokemon such as Choice Scarf Excadrill. Finally, Zeraora doubles up with Thundurus as another physical attacker and loosens the teams reliability on Electric Terrain to wallbreak. Dazzling Gleam with Choice Specs or Calm Mind can be used on tapu koko for dragon teams.

Thundaaaaa

Tapu Fini Fairy

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 240 Spe
Bold Nature
- Taunt
- Knock Off
- Nature's Madness
- Scald

Tapu Bulu @ Rockium Z
Ability: Grassy Surge
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Horn Leech
- Stone Edge
- Substitute

Mimikyu @ Life Orb
Ability: Disguise
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw
- Shadow Sneak
- Play Rough

Tapu Koko @ Magnet
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Roost
- Taunt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Psychic
- Stealth Rock
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast

Klefki @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Foul Play / Thunder Wave
- Light Screen
- Reflect

Tapu Fini is a stallbreaker on this team with knock off utility to help remove items, a prime example being Alolan Muk's pinch berry and Eviolite for the rest of the fairy team to take advantage of. Tapu Bulu is a fantastic wallbreaker with the capability to break through a lot of balance builds with a Swords Dance set. Since this build wasn't running any other Z-Moves, I decided to run Rockium Z on tapu bulu to break past pokemon such as zapdos, staraptor, celesteela, and mega venusaur, usually after a bit of chip damage. Mimikyu is a pretty nice setup sweeper that can blanket check a lot of threats using Disguise. It really appreciates klefki's spikes that wear the opposing team down for it. Tapu Koko is another stallbreaker with roost to keep itself healthy, especially in the flying matchup. Tapu Koko can run a lot of sets so its set is really a tossup on what you want to do. Mega Diancie is the Stealth Rock user, Psychic helps in the Poison matchup, and another coverage move can be used over it otherwise. Finally, Klefki is our spiker and screens setter, and supports the rest of the team using its hazards and screens.

Heres a few replays of the team in action:

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7monotype-889155189https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7monotype-889156240https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7monotype-889157484

Floss

never forgotten
is a Community Leaderis a Top Tiering Contributor
Monotype Leader
Thundaaaaa

Tapu Fini Fairy

team

Tapu Fini is a stallbreaker on this team with knock off utility to help remove items, a prime example being Alolan Muk's pinch berry and Eviolite for the rest of the fairy team to take advantage of. Tapu Bulu is a fantastic wallbreaker with the capability to break through a lot of balance builds with a Swords Dance set. Since this build wasn't running any other Z-Moves, I decided to run Rockium Z on tapu bulu to break past pokemon such as zapdos, staraptor, celesteela, and mega venusaur, usually after a bit of chip damage. Mimikyu is a pretty nice setup sweeper that can blanket check a lot of threats using Disguise. It really appreciates klefki's spikes that wear the opposing team down for it. Tapu Koko is another stallbreaker with roost to keep itself healthy, especially in the flying matchup. Tapu Koko can run a lot of sets so its set is really a tossup on what you want to do. Mega Diancie is the Stealth Rock user, Psychic helps in the Poison matchup, and another coverage move can be used over it otherwise. Finally, Klefki is our spiker and screens setter, and supports the rest of the team using its hazards and screens.

Heres a few replays of the team in action:

[Gen 7] Monotype replay: Decem vs. pas de cheval - Pokémon Showdown
Watch a replay of a Pokémon battle between Decem and pas de cheval ([Gen 7] Monotype)
replay.pokemonshowdown.com
Watch a replay of a Pokémon battle between Decem and pas de cheval ([Gen 7] Monotype)
Thanks for the team! Seems fun to use, so I'll try it out soon!

PA

Purgatory.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Requesting A Monotype Flying Team Around The Following:
Thundurus (M) @ Electrium Z
Modest Nature
- Agility
- Thunderbolt
- Grass Knot
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Handles water teams really well after a agility (outspeeding scarf greninja) it pretty much sweeps the team also is a nice way to deal with opposing flying teams with thunderbolt in conjunction with hp ice, finally grass knot is for swamperts, and other ground teams to make flying's job a lot easier the team im looking for is hoping to have some creativity and not be a generic balanced flying team offense anyways alas

mushamu

God jihyo
View attachment 170515
Requesting A Monotype Flying Team Around The Following:
Thundurus (M) @ Electrium Z
Modest Nature
- Agility
- Thunderbolt
- Grass Knot
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Handles water teams really well after a agility (outspeeding scarf greninja) it pretty much sweeps the team also is a nice way to deal with opposing flying teams with thunderbolt in conjunction with hp ice, finally grass knot is for swamperts, and other ground teams to make flying's job a lot easier the team im looking for is hoping to have some creativity and not be a generic balanced flying team offense anyways alas
ok

Reactions: PA

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)