Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Roost
- Thunder Wave
- Dazzling Gleam
- Air Slash

Gliscor honestly has to be one of my favorite flying pokemon (sorry Moltres), which unfortunately doesn't see as much action as it should. With a steady 12% heal coupled with an immunity to status, decent typing and impressive defense to boot, Gliscor has the makings to be a fantastic anchor for flying. That being said, I felt I would use this team to showcase a more offensive oriented balance variant in response to the rise of electric. To be noted, this team still suffers vs electric. The combination of Alolan Raichu, Zeraora, and Tapu Koko with electric terrain make it a threat to most of its weaknesses. As far as this team's struggle, the team's dominant SpDef tank is not only unapologetically weak to electric, but has a moveset that is generally ineffective vs the type. That being said, Gliscor offers valuable Ground STAB while living as a general Zeraora switch in (against physical or banded sets, hp ice ruins it's life [but also try to have toxic up first, so you don't get knock off'd]). Thundurus-Therian, with Volt Absorb, has decent sustain vs. electric, while carrying dark pulse to and sludge wave to catch Alolan Raichu and Koko.

Moving past Electric, the team is geared to be balanced in both nature and mu advantage. The diversity of offensive pressures offers win setups in most matchups, whether it be getting dragonite set up, sweeping with char y, or pivot chunking with Thundy. SR Taunt Gliscor and Defog Whirlwind Skarm help to keep hazards in an advantageous position, something that is important to flying, and serve to set up the dominant sweepers to do their job effectively. Thundy with dpulse and sludge wave help to check some of the dominant types in the meta right now, psychic and fairy.

Honestly, I built this team to be as inoffensive as possible. Flying has enough versatility and variety that any number of teams can be built, each specializing in one thing or another, each focusing on a mon to carry to the end. Gliscor in itself has a lot of fun variety, whether you want to be adventurous with double dance, or safe with sub toxic stall or what have you. Each of those focus on making Gliscor shine. I wanted to use this to give an example on how Gliscor can make the TYPE shine.

obviously if it's awful tell me.

yuh yuh

mantine (1).gif
gliscor.gif
thundurus-therian.gif
charizard-megay.gif
landorus-therian.gif
celesteela.gif

soft loli moans (Mantine) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Haze
- Defog
- Roost

lift yourself (Gliscor) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 208 SpD / 56 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Earthquake
- Roost

donkey kong country (Thundurus-Therian) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Dark Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

jr (5 hennys mode) (Charizard-Mega-Y) (M) @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
EVs: 16 Atk / 240 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Overheat
- Earthquake
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast

yikes (Landorus-Therian) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off

bed ft ariana grande (Celesteela) @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 248 HP / 104 Def / 156 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Flamethrower
- Heavy Slam

Standard Team with Thundy-T and Earthquake/Overheat Zard-Y. Also I know that some of the names don't fit.

Mantine - This is your main Special wall. Mantine has a phenomenal special defense stat and can learn defog, it also serves as your water immunity with Water Absorb. Haze just punishes bad players who try to set up.

Gliscor - Standard Gliscor with Rocks/Taunt/EQ/Roost. Not a lot to say other than Stealth Rock is a pretty good move and Taunt is pretty nice.

Thundurus-Therian - Standard Scarf set, I'm confident enough in most matchups to not run sub-optimal moves. Although, I could see an argument for Thunderbolt over Volt Switch. I wanted a fast scarf mon that has a high Special Attack stat and Thundurus fits that role quite well.

Mega Charizard Y - I run Earthquake mostly for Heatran because it can just wall this out if you don't run it, and it can help with random threats. Overheat is what I want out of this mon for the most part; it gives Zard the ability to switch in and usually take a knockout and switch back out. Zard, in my opinion, is this team's best win condition. Solar Beam and Focus Blast are just very good coverage moves.

Landorus-Therian - Scarf is the best set in Monotype, probably. Fast, strong, Intimidate, and great type coverage makes Landorus a must-have on almost every Flying team.

Celesteela - Standard Bulky set. Leech Seed allows you to safely switch into most of your team without an issue. The EV spread allows Celesteela to tank hit while getting its Beast Boost in Defense giving Celesteela more versatility as your main wall in most matchups. Heavy Slam is ridiculously strong against most threats and is a nice physical STAB move for this mon. Flamethrower is the best coverage move for it, it's good against Steel except for Heatran, Grass, Bug Pokemon. Leftovers also adds to Celesteela's longevity and allows it to remain safe with Protect and Leech Seed.

I'm always open for criticism/suggestions (positive or negative) and thanks for reading~

One Big Bat + One Fat Boi
23D4E378-FD19-4F2B-8FD8-AD801E03B748.gif
B30874E5-72F6-4DEF-AE79-8710B9F1D257.gif

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 20 Def / 188 SpD / 56 Spe
Careful Nature
- Taunt / Defog
- Toxic
- Roost
- Earthquake

Mantine @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 40 SpD / 96 Spe
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Scald
- Roost
- Haze

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 68 SpA / 24 SpD / 168 Spe
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 148 SpD / 108 Spe
Calm Nature
- Roost
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Discharge

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Iron Head
- Roost
- Toxic
- Defog / Whirlwind

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

I’ve never built a team around taunt toxic gliscor, so I built this for fun. Usually with standard stallbreaker gliscor mons like mega latias that don’t fear knock off are good switchins to you, but don’t like taking a toxic. This set takes the best of both status option and stallbreaker, with the option to get rid of items allocated to a teammate in av torn

EV Descriptions

Gliscor- Stallbreaker to break down peoples defensive cores. Enough speed to outspeed Pokémon like adamant breloom and bisharp. The hp gives gliscor maximum recovery from toxic heal. The def ensures that gliscor is never ohkoed by banded victini from full. The rest is dumped into spdef to ensure it is never koed by specs hp ice from koko from full

Mantine- Main special wall and primary defogger of the team. Enough speed for belly drum azumarill, mixed bulk to take hits on both sides and max hp

Tornadus-Specially defensive pivot/utility Pokémon. Enough speed for plus natured base 110s. Max hp with with an odd number to switch in on stealth rocks. The spdef evs allow torn to always take attacks such as magnet t bolt and specs volt switch from koko from full and knock them off so zapdos can check them better. Max hp also allows torn to stay in on mons such as banded tini, lo kyurem, banded diggersby, scarf Tapu Bulu and much more. Getting rid of their items then pivoting to the respective counter, or koing them outright given the opportunity. Rest is dumped into spa to hit as hard as possible.

Zapdos- Specially defensive wall and primary check to electric types. I would usually opt for heatwave two attacks zapdos, but I thought with stallbreaker gliscor and heatwave torn as well as haze mantine, you should be okay vs steel. It runs enough speed for plus natured base 70s and the rest in special bulk and hp to better handle Pokémon like mega latias. You can opt for more speed, to outspeed Pokémon like stallbreaker mew, suicune, non naive kyurem , and opposing zapdos. The team handles all of those fairly well so I prefer the bulky spread

Skarmory- Second defogger of the team and main answer to physical attacks. This spread hits a defensive jump point, and alongside the 200 spdef evs allow skarmory to 100% check lo kyurem with lefties recovery after it is knocked off by tornadus, as well as defog vs mons like fire blast lead chomp, and check diancie

Landorus- revenge killer of the team and helps check physical threats alongside gliscor and skarmory. It also is the rocker of the team. Just max max with a scarf.

P.S. You can opt for defog on gliscor if you want whirlwind on skarm over defog to deal with setup sweepers better than just toxic stalling them out. Gives you the option to status or phase them out. Enjoy the team.
P.S.S. I did this all on my phone :psycry:

Last edited:
Ishtaria and Jets.
I also really liked Harpp's team, but I prefer the more offensive and momentum-based builds teams like Ishtaria's focus on. I might write in more detail at some later point about which teams I like over others. Right now a few big things glare out at me (like I'm not sure what 136 speed on Zapdos really accomplishes when you can't touch Nidoking anyways) but honestly flying is such a versatile type that it's hard to say specific builds are much better than others when there are just so many viable mons.

The voting phase has ended, congratulations to The Excadrill for winning Cycle 46!

Harp: 4
Guwahavel: 1
Exca: 5
Jets: 4
Ishtaria: 2
Wincon: 1

The next cycle will be up soon, tagging Eien to merge this with the index thread

Metagross Bulky Offense Thing: http://pokepast.es/2c2d7f33289e8000

Metagross @ Choice Band
Ability: Clear Body
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- Earthquake

Celebi @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 48 SpD / 80 Spe
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Stealth Rock
- Recover
- Thunder Wave

Latios @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt
- Defog

Victini @ Normalium Z
Ability: Victory Star
Timid Nature
- Celebrate
- Searing Shot
- Stored Power
- Focus Blast

Gardevoir-Mega @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Hyper Voice
- Focus Blast

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 120 SpD / 136 Spe
Timid Nature
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Soft-Boiled
- Taunt
I'm glad Metagross isn't a meme on Psychic anymore which is reflected by it moving up to B rank on Psychic in the latest VR update. I decided to go with the standard Choice Band set that helps a ton vs Fairy and the Psychic mirror (via Pursuit) and is a strong priority attacker which is great on any team. I decided defensive Celebi would be the best rocker since it can switch into Ground attacks aimed at Metagross and helps deal with Swampert. Latios was chosen as the Choice Scarf user for this team and I decided to give it Thunderbolt to lure Mantine and dent Celesteela on the switch-in. I decided the team needed a late-game sweeper and cleaner so I went with Z-Celebrate Victini which alot of teams are unprepared for at the moment. The team has a rough matchup against Mega Sableye and Dark in general so Mega Gardevoir was added. Lastly Mew should be on every Psychic team so I went with the stallbreaker set to help secure the matchup against Balanced teams and act as a switch in to annoyances like Kyurem-Black, as well as keeping the team from being 6-0ed by Bisharp.

Last edited:

Harpp

No rain, no flowers.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Double Band Mega Slowbro Balance: http://pokepast.es/cbad9048b13ff708

Metagross @ Choice Band
Ability: Clear Body
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Ice Punch
- Thunder Punch

Slowbro-Mega @ Slowbronite
Ability: Shell Armor
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Scald
- Slack Off

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 48 SpD / 80 Spe
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Giga Drain
- Recover

Victini @ Choice Band
Ability: Victory Star
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- Brick Break
- U-turn

Alakazam @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
- Counter
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Focus Blast

Latias @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish
- Defog

Decided to build a team with Metagross + Mega Slowbro, Mega Slowbro in general is a very good set up sweeper and provides the team with the ability to sponge physical hits well. For Metagross set I decided to go Bolt-Beam coverage for it since it reliefs pressure off Victini to check Steel-types such as Celesteela and Skarmory as Metagross with a Choice Band and Adamant Nature can easily 2hko those Pokemon. Bullet Punch is a handy priority move for the team being able to revenge kill threats such as Greninja or Hydreigon for the team. To help for the normal matchup and to make a very strong wall breaking core with Metagross, I decided to use Choice Band Victini. Then I added in utility Celebi to provide the team with Stealth Rock support and a Ground resist to the team. Sash counter Alakazam was added as a blanket check to various threats to Psychic-types teams, Dazzling Gleam is used on it so it can do better vs Pokemon such as Hydreigon and Mega Sharpedo as it sometimes runs Substitute. Lastly I needed a Speed control so I added Scarf Latios with Defog and Healing wish to the team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)