Project Monotype Teambuilding Competition V3.2 [index]

Harpp

No rain, no flowers.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
**Offensive Electric Team**

Golem-Alola @ Air Balloon
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Wild Charge
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake

Tapu Koko @ Choice Specs
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Thundurus (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Prankster
Jolly Nature
- Wild Charge
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Raichu-Alola @ Aloraichium Z
Ability: Surge Surfer
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic
- Focus Blast

Zeraora @ Life Orb
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Plasma Fists
- Close Combat
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Grass Knot

Rotom-Wash @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Defog
- Will-O-Wisp

I started off with Golem-Alola since it is the only viable Stealth Rock user for Electric-type teams and Offensive teams in general appreciate Stealth Rock support. The set for Golem-Alola is a neat way to beat ferrothorn and threats like Exadrill since Air Balloon and Magnet Pull works in a similar fashion to Magnezone set. Tapu Koko is using a Choice Specs set as it is a very threatening set in general and puts in good work vs Dragon-type teams which is a hard match up for Electric-type teams. Zeraora is sporting a mixed set with HP ice and Grass knot to take are of Ground and Dragon types effectively. while Close Combat and Plasma Fist allows it to threaten Normal-type teams in conjunction with Choice Band Thundurus. Raichu-Alola is the speed control of the team thanks to electric terrain and it also acts as a wall breaker due to nasty plot and its Z move. Laslty Rotom-wash was added to provide some utility support namely in the form of defog, a sponge for physical attackers and slow volt switching.

Last edited:

Dharma

komorebi
is a Top Artist

juti (Zeraora) @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Close Combat
- Plasma Fists
- Iron Tail

astapada (Galvantula) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Compound Eyes
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Sticky Web
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]

kukkuta (Tapu Koko) @ Expert Belt
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- U-turn
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Ice]

indura (Raichu-Alola) @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast

garuda (Zapdos) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 104 SpD / 152 Spe
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Heat Wave
- Discharge

meghadambara (Xurkitree) @ Psychium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
Timid Nature
- Hypnosis
- Tail Glow
- Thunderbolt
- Energy Ball

i'll do it tomorrow lol cba i'm sleepy

Last edited:
Xurkitree @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch

Zeraora @ Fightinium Z
Jolly Nature
- Plasma Fists
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Bulk Up

Rotom-Wash @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog

Magnezone @ Assault Vest
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 248 HP / 136 SpA / 124 SpD
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Mirror Coat
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Tapu Koko @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Flying]

Raichu-Alola @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Focus Blast
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt

At first glance you'll notice there is no stealth rock but let's think for a minute...Electric outpaces or has the advantage to everything weak to SR and quite honestly wastes a team slot for the rest of the matchups. The team is a standard balance. Opted for cs xurkitree as a ground killer, Rotom is a excadrill counter and raichu is there as a check if need be. The tapu koko does just enough on mega venusaur for raichu to ohko with psychic. The magnezone notably tanks earth powers from heatran and diancie mega and in turn ohkos. Opted for fightinium Z on zeraora because I found the chansey/trace porygon 2/ defensive staraptor 50/50 to be quite bothersome. The beauty of the team is it can function in multiple ways. I'm sure you'll love it please enjoy

Last edited:
Jets and Harpp are my votes.
Thoughts on the teams -
Zeraora is good on electric, and I think band is the best set for it probably. The mon is too weak if it's not adamant or banded, life orb doesn't kill a lot of things like clef (252+ Atk Life Orb Zeraora Plasma Fists vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 185-218 (46.9 - 55.3%) -- 15.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery), ferrothorn (252+ Atk Life Orb Zeraora Fire Punch vs. 252 HP / 48 Def Ferrothorn: 322-385 (91.4 - 109.3%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after Leftovers recovery), kyu-b (252+ Atk Life Orb Zeraora Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Kyurem-Black: 338-398 (86.4 - 101.7%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO), and you need all the damage you can get. It also makes sense because this isn't a mon that stays in for multiple turns and switches moves anyways, and you don't want to give up the speed tier to outspeed Tapu Koko, slower-end scarfer and setup mons, etc.
Rotom-Wash and Zapdos are both good, I think that defog is better on rotom seeing as it defogs on defensives mons pretty well and doesn't need moveslot space for coverage and roost like Zapdos. Also, Zapdos is weak to rocks so it's not the best option to bring in on them consistently. Magnet Koko is good, Specs could be another option which is really good, but the freedom to volt switch on unfavorable things is great. Raichu set is probably my favorite one because life orb actually does damage to things. Golem is good because rocks are important to nab kills and gnaw on defensive cores when you have such an offensive type.
Overall, it's a pretty conservative and balanced. It capitalizes on the strengths of electric well without skimping out on any semblance of a defensive core.
Golem set is weird but still pretty good. Standard good Koko. Thundurus is pretty good, I like that it helps against normal but I struggle to see it actually turning the tide maybe? Like maybe a more specialized mon would work better but I think it's a good pick. The Raichu set I think is mediocre or not that great because you lose out on the extra damage of life orb and you throw away coverage for the very unlikely scenario that you actually get in against something you can set up on and have electric terrain up. LO Zeraora is pretty good, although I'm not sure what grass knot and hp ice really hit. HP ice is good in OU because lando-t is everywhere, but flying is a MU you already beat and ground's biggest problem for you is not lando-t by any stretch. I can see it nabbing some kills but I don't know if it deserves a slot over the raw utility of knock off, especially in the normal MU which you built thundy for. Rotom set is good, but I kind of wish it was part of a core (hint hint I really like Zapdos). I think the added momentum of thundy u-turn kind of makes up for it, but you just get clobbered by so much with just rotom as your switchin to things, as it doesn't really beat a lot of mons like zapdos does, because it has no recovery and can't pose a threat to anything until you switch in and take a hit of damage you can't really heal off and then have to spend another turn wisping and taking another hit.
Overall, I like the team but I might change a few sets or moves.
The Zeraora set is good. I don't think that losing fire punch matters very much as steel already gets dunked on pretty well. I'm skeptical of iron tail over better things and I'm not sure what it really does because you 2hko clefable with plasma fists already. Why is galvantula on here? I don't understand why electric could need webs when your main sweepers outpace almost everything. Zeraora has like 423 speed and Raichu in terrain is god-tier speed, so what does it do? Feels like a wasted slot that could be used for something else. I like expert belt Koko, seems like a good compromise between specs and leftovers/magnet. Solid alolachu set, I like the coverage and life orb. I'm not sure what the Zapdos set is built to outspeed, but probably is helpful. Tbh I might just build enough to outspeed base 70, which this outspeeds by more. I don't know if I like the Xurkitree set because it has slightly too-limited to sweep maybe (like what would I even do with this mon against dragon or grass).
I feel this team is maybe too gimmicky as a whole.
I like this Xurkitree set more because HP Ice hits you hit a lt more things and volt switch allows it not to murder your momentum if you get switched on / walled. Again, I think Zeraora is really too weak to sacrifice life orb or band on it for fighting Z, but I think fighting Z is probably the best choice for a Z move if you run one. I think that spdef rotom is probably better than def rotom because rotom is pretty bad at countering a lot of physical attacks because, like I said earlier, it usually has to eat 2 hits before it even does anything about the problem and has no recovery that isn't gimmicky.
I think that Magnezone is a pretty bad pokemon in the metagame's current place, and that assault vest is one of the weakest sets it runs. I don't see how or why this set tries to beat or even does beat heatran or diancie, as you can revenge kill these mons with other things much better (koko or zeraora after weakening or use a z-move/choiced mon) without this gimmick that relies on you to have not taken any chip damage or have hazards up (because diancie can kill with a spike up), hopes that they don't switch or do something else and reveal your set, and forces you to take like 70% for a revenge kill. Also, why not run a more specialized mon to kill these two. What's the point of a mon to beat others if you have to sack something for it to kill the one of few things it kills. I think assault vest is worse than specs or scarf. Magnezone is too slow to be threatening a lot of the time and too weak to get a lot of kills. Without specs you don't even 2hko a trapped ferrothorn because it clicks leech seed and protect and takes 40% or so that you can't heal back before dying to its dedicated counter. And if you aren't scarf you can't revenge kill almost anything and can only come in after sacks or on bulky mons. Assault vest does neither of those things and can't even switch into heatran or diancie because it gets 2hko'd by earth power from both. You could be running a better pokemon like Zapdos or a more dedicated counter. I don't think electric even really struggles with fairy either so it feels unnecessary. Koko and Raichu setes have been talked about already. I don't really like the lack of rocks and I don't think you can necessarily handwave it with saying that SR only beats types you beat already. It still helps a lot to get chip on defensive cores especially and random mons to make sure your offensive mons can deal serious damage to the team, so I think rocks are important to a type as offensive as electric. And it gets removed for a pretty bad/not useful mon in Magnezone.
I think this team isn't necessarily bad, but I probably like it the least out of all of these because I'm so against Mag among other things.

Harpp

No rain, no flowers.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Jets and Harpp are my votes.
Thoughts on the teams -
Zeraora is good on electric, and I think band is the best set for it probably. The mon is too weak if it's not adamant or banded, life orb doesn't kill a lot of things like clef (252+ Atk Life Orb Zeraora Plasma Fists vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 185-218 (46.9 - 55.3%) -- 15.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery), ferrothorn (252+ Atk Life Orb Zeraora Fire Punch vs. 252 HP / 48 Def Ferrothorn: 322-385 (91.4 - 109.3%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after Leftovers recovery), kyu-b (252+ Atk Life Orb Zeraora Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Kyurem-Black: 338-398 (86.4 - 101.7%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO), and you need all the damage you can get. It also makes sense because this isn't a mon that stays in for multiple turns and switches moves anyways, and you don't want to give up the speed tier to outspeed Tapu Koko, slower-end scarfer and setup mons, etc.
Rotom-Wash and Zapdos are both good, I think that defog is better on rotom seeing as it defogs on defensives mons pretty well and doesn't need moveslot space for coverage and roost like Zapdos. Also, Zapdos is weak to rocks so it's not the best option to bring in on them consistently. Magnet Koko is good, Specs could be another option which is really good, but the freedom to volt switch on unfavorable things is great. Raichu set is probably my favorite one because life orb actually does damage to things. Golem is good because rocks are important to nab kills and gnaw on defensive cores when you have such an offensive type.
Overall, it's a pretty conservative and balanced. It capitalizes on the strengths of electric well without skimping out on any semblance of a defensive core.
Golem set is weird but still pretty good. Standard good Koko. Thundurus is pretty good, I like that it helps against normal but I struggle to see it actually turning the tide maybe? Like maybe a more specialized mon would work better but I think it's a good pick. The Raichu set I think is mediocre or not that great because you lose out on the extra damage of life orb and you throw away coverage for the very unlikely scenario that you actually get in against something you can set up on and have electric terrain up. LO Zeraora is pretty good, although I'm not sure what grass knot and hp ice really hit. HP ice is good in OU because lando-t is everywhere, but flying is a MU you already beat and ground's biggest problem for you is not lando-t by any stretch. I can see it nabbing some kills but I don't know if it deserves a slot over the raw utility of knock off, especially in the normal MU which you built thundy for. Rotom set is good, but I kind of wish it was part of a core (hint hint I really like Zapdos). I think the added momentum of thundy u-turn kind of makes up for it, but you just get clobbered by so much with just rotom as your switchin to things, as it doesn't really beat a lot of mons like zapdos does, because it has no recovery and can't pose a threat to anything until you switch in and take a hit of damage you can't really heal off and then have to spend another turn wisping and taking another hit.
Overall, I like the team but I might change a few sets or moves.
The Zeraora set is good. I don't think that losing fire punch matters very much as steel already gets dunked on pretty well. I'm skeptical of iron tail over better things and I'm not sure what it really does because you 2hko clefable with plasma fists already. Why is galvantula on here? I don't understand why electric could need webs when your main sweepers outpace almost everything. Zeraora has like 423 speed and Raichu in terrain is god-tier speed, so what does it do? Feels like a wasted slot that could be used for something else. I like expert belt Koko, seems like a good compromise between specs and leftovers/magnet. Solid alolachu set, I like the coverage and life orb. I'm not sure what the Zapdos set is built to outspeed, but probably is helpful. Tbh I might just build enough to outspeed base 70, which this outspeeds by more. I don't know if I like the Xurkitree set because it has slightly too-limited to sweep maybe (like what would I even do with this mon against dragon or grass).
I feel this team is maybe too gimmicky as a whole.
I like this Xurkitree set more because HP Ice hits you hit a lt more things and volt switch allows it not to murder your momentum if you get switched on / walled. Again, I think Zeraora is really too weak to sacrifice life orb or band on it for fighting Z, but I think fighting Z is probably the best choice for a Z move if you run one. I think that spdef rotom is probably better than def rotom because rotom is pretty bad at countering a lot of physical attacks because, like I said earlier, it usually has to eat 2 hits before it even does anything about the problem and has no recovery that isn't gimmicky.
I think that Magnezone is a pretty bad pokemon in the metagame's current place, and that assault vest is one of the weakest sets it runs. I don't see how or why this set tries to beat or even does beat heatran or diancie, as you can revenge kill these mons with other things much better (koko or zeraora after weakening or use a z-move/choiced mon) without this gimmick that relies on you to have not taken any chip damage or have hazards up (because diancie can kill with a spike up), hopes that they don't switch or do something else and reveal your set, and forces you to take like 70% for a revenge kill. Also, why not run a more specialized mon to kill these two. What's the point of a mon to beat others if you have to sack something for it to kill the one of few things it kills. I think assault vest is worse than specs or scarf. Magnezone is too slow to be threatening a lot of the time and too weak to get a lot of kills. Without specs you don't even 2hko a trapped ferrothorn because it clicks leech seed and protect and takes 40% or so that you can't heal back before dying to its dedicated counter. And if you aren't scarf you can't revenge kill almost anything and can only come in after sacks or on bulky mons. Assault vest does neither of those things and can't even switch into heatran or diancie because it gets 2hko'd by earth power from both. You could be running a better pokemon like Zapdos or a more dedicated counter. I don't think electric even really struggles with fairy either so it feels unnecessary. Koko and Raichu setes have been talked about already. I don't really like the lack of rocks and I don't think you can necessarily handwave it with saying that SR only beats types you beat already. It still helps a lot to get chip on defensive cores especially and random mons to make sure your offensive mons can deal serious damage to the team, so I think rocks are important to a type as offensive as electric. And it gets removed for a pretty bad/not useful mon in Magnezone.
I think this team isn't necessarily bad, but I probably like it the least out of all of these because I'm so against Mag among other things.
Hi there, It is nice to see someone giving out thoughts on the teams presented. Allow me to explain better to you some of the things on the team I presented :] The Golem set works very similar to Magnet Pull Air Balloon magnezone which is very good at trapping threats like Excadrill and beating Ferrothorn. Magnet Pull Golem does pretty much the same however it has added benefit of Stealth Rock support so I went with it. This set was recently used in MPL where Eien used it. Here is a replay showing that set in action, the team is different but the set for Golem is the same.Next up, the reason why I have life orb Zeraora is because the team has Choice Band Thundurus, I dont need knock off on zeraora since Thundy has Knock Off and so I went with Hidden Power Ice and Grass Knot on Zeraora, why? because the team does not has Grass coverage anywhere to beat Pokemon such as Gastrodon and Seismitoad. HP Ice along with Grass knot allows Zeraora to threaten a good portion of Ground teams. I decided to use Nasty Plot Raichu-Alola with Z move due to the fact that it can get past Muk-Alola in Poison Match up with some chip damage and then Raichu-Alola can threaten the rest of the team. My idea of the team was to build it offensively, deviating from the standard Zapdos + Rotom-Wash team core.

Hi there, It is nice to see someone giving out thoughts on the teams presented. Allow me to explain better to you some of the things on the team I presented :] The Golem set works very similar to Magnet Pull Air Balloon magnezone which is very good at trapping threats like Excadrill and beating Ferrothorn. Magnet Pull Golem does pretty much the same however it has added benefit of Stealth Rock support so I went with it. This set was recently used in MPL where Eien used it. Here is a replay showing that set in action, the team is different but the set for Golem is the same.Next up, the reason why I have life orb Zeraora is because the team has Choice Band Thundurus, I dont need knock off on zeraora since Thundy has Knock Off and so I went with Hidden Power Ice and Grass Knot on Zeraora, why? because the team does not has Grass coverage anywhere to beat Pokemon such as Gastrodon and Seismitoad. HP Ice along with Grass knot allows Zeraora to threaten a good portion of Ground teams. I decided to use Nasty Plot Raichu-Alola with Z move due to the fact that it can get past Muk-Alola in Poison Match up with some chip damage and then Raichu-Alola can threaten the rest of the team. My idea of the team was to build it offensively, deviating from the standard Zapdos + Rotom-Wash team core.
Thanks for explaining stuff more. Looking back on it, grass knot seems like a pretty good idea as Gastro and Seismitoad can be giant pains. I still like knock off a lot, but having it already is probably good enough like you said. Overall, I do like your build quite a lot and I would just change 1 or 2 moves to my tastes if I were to run it. I'm still not really sold on the Raichu set, but the reasoning is solid enough. Good job on the team, I like it a lot as an offensive team. I suppose I like Jets's team slightly more because I'm a fan of balance over pure offense.

The voting phase has ended, congratulations to Harpp for winning Cycle 45!

Kyosuru Jets: 4
Harp: 9
dhaarma: 4
CC94: 2

The next cycle will be up soon, tagging Eien to merge this with the Index thread

Harpp

No rain, no flowers.
Sub Toxic Gliscor Balance Flying:

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 76 SpD / 188 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Toxic
- Substitute
- Protect
- Earthquake

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Roost

Celesteela @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 104 Def / 156 SpD
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Flamethrower
- Heavy Slam
- Protect

Mantine @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 160 SpD / 96 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Roost
- Defog
- Haze

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Tornadus-Therian @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Defog

Immediately seeing Gliscor as this weeks Pokemon to build around for Flying, Sub Toxic set came to my mind. I have used that set before for Gliscor and it is just very annoying to face and it eats away Balance builds easily with the combination of Toxic, Substitute and Protect to stall and scout. So I decided to have a team around that set. The set has 188 speed evs with a jolly nature which gives it 300 speed which is enough for it to outspeed threats such as Nidoking for the team. Since this Gliscor set is walled by Flying/Steel types like Celesteela and Skarmory, I decided to use Mega Charizard Y as the next teammate as it is very good wallbreaker and compliments Gliscor really well by checking Steel-types. Next up, I added defensive Celesteela on the team to provide the team with a sponge for Rock and Ice-type attacks for the team. It also has Flamethrower so that there is less pressure on Mega Charizard Y against Steel-type teams. Then Mantine was added to provide the team with much needed Defog support and a check to Water-types such as Belly Drum Azumarill and Choice Scarf Greninja, both of which are threats to Flying-type teams. Choice Scarf Landorus-T was added to provide much needed speed control and to check threats like Tapu Koko and Mega Diancie for the team. The set is compressed as it has Stealth Rock on it. Lastly, Tornadus-T was added as an offensive Defog and Z move user for the team while also providing crucial Knock Off support for Normal-type teams.

Last edited:
Swords Dance Gliscor Balance Flying: http://pokepast.es/642eaa706d8e49c5

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 244 HP / 20 Def / 188 SpD / 56 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Zapdos @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 120 SpD / 136 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Roost
- Discharge

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 224 HP / 252 Def / 32 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Iron Head
- Whirlwind

Mantine @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 160 SpD / 96 Spe
Calm Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Scald
- Haze

EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- U-turn
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Roost
Gliscor with Swords Dance is a slept-on stallbreaker which has a fantastic matchup against all common balance archeotypes and even some offensive ones. Earthquake and Knock Off provide great coverage that can hit almost everything for respectable damage with some boosts. The Defense EVs let Gliscor always live a Choice Band Victini V-Create from full, letting it retaliate with Earthquake. The Speed EVs let it outspeed Jolly Bisharp, Adamant Diggersby, and Adamant Dragonite, preventing them from checking it easily.

Zapdos with SubToxic is something I like having on all of my Flying teams due to it's ability to effectively spread status and stall PP against offensive and defensive threats. The Speed EVs let it outspeed Timid Suicune and Timid Nidoking.

Skarmory is a great physical wall and rock setter that can take-on physical attackers like Terrakion and Weavile. The HP EVs let it regain Sturdy after 2 rounds of Leftovers healing after switching in on rocks. Since my team had 2 other defoggers, Skarmory was able to fit Whirlwind to further improve the matchup against setup wallbreakers like Gyarados and Mega Gallade.

Mantine is a very fat special wall that rounds out the defensive core, checking threats like Volcarona and Greninja. It also serves as the defensive defogger for this team. The Speed EVs also let it check Adamant Azumarill with Haze+Water Absorb.

Tornadus-Therian is a great offensive defogger and pivot thanks to its good speed and access to Regenerator. Flynium Z gives it a strong nuke that applies pressure to balanced and offensive teams alike. Since Gliscor carries Knock Off for Normal's Eviolite core, Tornadus is free to run Heat Wave to hit Steels.

Aerodactly-Mega sits at a great speed tier which lets it serve as the team's speed control without needing a scarf. Stone Edge gives it a strong STAB, Earthquake provides coverage and hits Electric types like Tapu Koko and Zeraora. Pursuit deals with Latios and Victini after stat drops. Roost lets it keep itself healthy, giving it an edge over a Choice Scarf user like Landorus-T.

maroon

free palestine
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
RMT & Mono Leader
Poorly Built Aids Flying ft. Stallbreaker Gliscor

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 244 HP / 20 Def / 124 SpD / 112 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Taunt

Celesteela @ Leftovers
EVs: 196 HP / 252 Def / 60 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower

Zapdos @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 120 SpD / 136 Spe
Timid Nature
- Discharge
- Toxic
- Substitute
- Roost

Mantine @ Leftovers
EVs: 228 HP / 184 Def / 96 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Roost
- Defog
- Haze

Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Defog

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Unnerve
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Stealth Rock

this team takes so much skill as you can see, switching between bulky pieces of shit and clicking toxic obviously takes alot of skill. anyway this is a bulky team, celesteela can take hits from lop better, and maero can trap victini with pursuit etc.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)