Project Monotype Team Building Workshop

Harpp

No rain, no flowers.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Approved by Chaitanya , Decem, Zap
TEAM BUILDING WORKSHOP
TBW.jpg
Hi I'm Harpp ! Throughout my time in Monotype I have noticed that a good chunk of newer players do not know how to effectively team build or have no access to good creative teams to get started with. In an effort to rectify that, I have joined forces with several experienced Monotype builders to host this team building lab. Here users can post Pokemon sets / cores that they would like us to build a team around and one of us can reply with their team and the team building process we used so the requester can see our thinking processes and get ideas on how to build their own teams in the future. It'd also be nice if users could reply their experiences with the teams, during ladder matches or tournaments, and provide replays of them battling with it

Rules:
    • Have about a one paragraph description with the set / core you want us to build around and a slight idea of what kind of team you want the end result to be. Also, actually have the set(s) you want us to use in your post. This makes the process of building teams faster for all of us here.
    • Do not post asking us to make use of unviable Pokemon. This is not a competition to see how good we are at team building; this is us trying to educate people on what is good and how to build effective teams.
    • Please note that we can choose to ignore requests for extremely generic pokemon and/or cores as well as cores that have already been built around. Be sure to check this post to avoid breaking this rule!
    • Do not flame people for asking for a certain Pokemon or that they can't build one themselves.
    • Each user is allowed one request every 7 days and any user found requesting multiple will have their post deleted and may see further punishment.
    • Any core / pokemon submitted has a 7-day reservation period. If yours is not reserved by that time, it'll be removed for the reservation list, and disregarded (this could be for any reason, i.e. bad sets, the pokemon aren't very viable, ect.)
    • Please remember that these teams are first drafts and as such will not be perfect. Edit them as you please.
    • You are free (and highly encouraged) to suggest and post changes / critiques you've made to already posted teams that you feel improve them.
    • However, you are not allowed to post your own teams here to have us modify them. We're here to build new teams, not modify older ones. If you want your own teams critiqued and modified, post them in the RMT forum, not here.
    • Please do not ask to become a builder, the list will be handpicked.
    • Remember to specify which type (flying, water, ground, etc.) the monotype team will be, if its not blatantly obvious by the members of your team.
    • If you request a team / pokemon / core that is already listed in the OP you'll be blacklisted from requests for 2 weeks. It takes less than a minute to check. It's your job to check, not ours. Don't be lazy.
    • I do encourage creative (Not Unvaible) sets to further building in unique and new ways to progress the meta.
    • NOTICE: Builders are advised to only post teams that are play-tested. In an effort to finish up requests, please do not post low-effort teams.
Swords Dance Weavile w/ Specs Hydreigon built by maroon

Team: https://pokepast.es/beb03ce06625fad0

Life Orb Cobalion [Steel] built by LuckyPiper

Team: https://pokepast.es/c155c93412c27719

Calm Mind Jirachi [Steel] built by Confluxx

Team: https://pokepast.es/15f7d0dcd059c44a

Shell Smash Blastoise w/ Milotic built by Decem

Team: https://pokepast.es/96750da0ce3ffa97

Triple Shell Smash Spam Water by Decem

Team: https://pokepast.es/6ea0f6560c572957

Sub CM Keldeo w/ Cloyster Water by Harpp

Team: https://pokepast.es/439a3fd5f409f0af

Balance Ice team by Conflux

Team: https://pokepast.es/d55c648772d6ff56

Autotomize Necrozma Psychic by maroon

Team: https://pokepast.es/e0bf13c433122db8

Sunny Day Grass by LuckyPiper

Team: https://pokepast.es/1c108fc7f31e90d6

Electric by Decem

Team: https://pokepast.es/74fe189687d66b35

Weakness Policy Incineroar Fire by maroon

Team: https://pokepast.es/3e54fc2d86eedcae

Scrafty Fighting by Conflux

Team: version 1 https://pokepast.es/46c8df51107b6974
version 2: https://pokepast.es/f6ad8f890b2f9f26

HO Webs Electric by maroon

Team: https://pokepast.es/905d3497b13d6045

Attachments

Last edited:

Scarfire

is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
MPL Champion
Simple request, a dark offence/balance ft SD weavile and specs/NP hydrei (a strong breaking set). Item and attacks dont really matter, nor do any other specifics. I want the main focus to be SD weavile so if it isnt ideal to fit in the hydreigon set I wanted thats fine.

Hello!
**Editing request with consent from Decem** Here is my request (hopefully it fits the terms). I would really be interested in a Non-Rain (or at least non-pelipper) water team utilizing Blastoise and Milotic. Open to suggestions with style of play, i.e. HO, balanced, webs araquanid, etc

Last edited:

mushamu

God jihyo
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
Hello!
Here is my request (hopefully it fits the terms). I would really be interested in a team that utilizes Effect Spore Shiinotic with Spore, Sap Strength, Moon Blast and Dream Eater. What I am unsure of is whether it would fit better on a Grass or Fairy Team, maybe go the Trick Room route? or whether Shiinotic fits better on a balanced or HO team.
Reserving, for the record he said it's fine if I edit the set.

Last edited:
Hello.
I would like to order if possible a Monotype Steel in gen8, worn on the Bulky-Offense with Jirachi, of which I put the desired sets underneath.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Aura Sphere

OR

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Trick
- Healing Wish

Thank you.

Hello senseis,
My request should you choose to accept it is that I wanted a team using Necrozma. I initially thought it would be popular on the Home release but it seems the pixies stole the limelight. My instinct was to use a Weakness Policy Rock Polish Set with Photon Geyser but with Dark as popular as it is and my only coverage options being X-Scissor or Brick Break, I am at an impasse. I do understand the option to have some other pokemon to swing the matchup like Gardevoir, Hatterene or Gallade, but I often make the team skewed against said matchup when I do that and end up making a bad team. Help. Your assistance is much appreciated.

Last edited:

maroon

free palestine
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
RMT & Mono Leader
:ss/weavile: :ss/grimmsnarl: :ss/tyranitar: :ss/mandibuzz: :ss/drapion: :ss/hydreigon:
{Click here or the sprites for an importable}

Alright well since you wanted to run SD Weavile I decided to make the team Hyper Offensive, which seems like a fun archetype to play with at the moment as I don't like balanced as much as pre-home. Icicle Plate on Weavile was to increase the power of its Ice-type moves more specifically make Ice Shard as a strong priority as possible. I don't like Life Orb on SD Weavile since it is already so frail and you are trying to set up a Swords Dance with it. Grimmsnarl is the screen setter, not much to explain here. You can use Thunder Wave over Taunt if you want more Speed control, however, since there are now more Defogger's in the tier I feel like Taunt is better for keeping screens up and preventing ugly as Cinderace from using Court Change against the team's hazard stack. I decided to make Tyranitar Dragon Dance + Stealth Rock & EdgeQuake as its coverage mainly because Defensive Tyranitar felt out of place and this makes a nice pairing with Swords Dance Weavile. Stone Edge is strong stab and Earthquake hits Melmetal which is annoying as fuck since Hydreigon is legit your best check, everything else gets bopped. Drapion is like Dark's best way to beat Fairy and is generally nice Speed control and set Toxic Spikes. Toxic Spikes is super nice as it allows the teams setup Pokemon to break down their foes with more ease, it also absorbs any possible Toxic Spikes on your field. Mandibuzz does what it always does check Physical setup with Foul Play, tank hits, Defog, and for this team I chose to give it U-turn to keep up the teams momentum. Finally the chad Choice Specs Hydreigon is the teams special breaker, it just nukes shit especially since their is no real special wall that answers it like Chansey this gen. Its last move is U-turn to keep up the momentum, and forms a U-turn core with Mandibuzz. Let me know what you think of the team Acey - Danse Macabre, was fun to build and looks like a nice matchup verse Dragon which is hella spammed right now because of Dragon Dance Kyurem-B.​

Scarfire

is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
MPL Champion
:ss/weavile: :ss/grimmsnarl: :ss/tyranitar: :ss/mandibuzz: :ss/drapion: :ss/hydreigon:
{Click here or the sprites for an importable}

Alright well since you wanted to run SD Weavile I decided to make the team Hyper Offensive, which seems like a fun archetype to play with at the moment as I don't like balanced as much as pre-home. Icicle Plate on Weavile was to increase the power of its Ice-type moves more specifically make Ice Shard as a strong priority as possible. I don't like Life Orb on SD Weavile since it is already so frail and you are trying to set up a Swords Dance with it. Grimmsnarl is the screen setter, not much to explain here. You can use Thunder Wave over Taunt if you want more Speed control, however, since there are now more Defogger's in the tier I feel like Taunt is better for keeping screens up and preventing ugly as Cinderace from using Court Change against the team's hazard stack. I decided to make Tyranitar Dragon Dance + Stealth Rock & EdgeQuake as its coverage mainly because Defensive Tyranitar felt out of place and this makes a nice pairing with Swords Dance Weavile. Stone Edge is strong stab and Earthquake hits Melmetal which is annoying as fuck since Hydreigon is legit your best check, everything else gets bopped. Drapion is like Dark's best way to beat Fairy and is generally nice Speed control and set Toxic Spikes. Toxic Spikes is super nice as it allows the teams setup Pokemon to break down their foes with more ease, it also absorbs any possible Toxic Spikes on your field. Mandibuzz does what it always does check Physical setup with Foul Play, tank hits, Defog, and for this team I chose to give it U-turn to keep up the teams momentum. Finally the chad Choice Specs Hydreigon is the teams special breaker, it just nukes shit especially since their is no real special wall that answers it like Chansey this gen. Its last move is U-turn to keep up the momentum, and forms a U-turn core with Mandibuzz. Let me know what you think of the team Acey - Danse Macabre, was fun to build and looks like a nice matchup verse Dragon which is hella spammed right now because of Dragon Dance Kyurem-B.​

Like it, and despite my vagueness beyond SD weavile you p much chose most of the sets I low-key wanted (ice plat, specs hydrei, dd ttar), so thanks.

Conflux

big boy diamonds
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hello.
I would like to order if possible a Monotype Steel in gen8, worn on the Bulky-Offense with Jirachi, of which I put the desired sets underneath.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Aura Sphere

OR

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Trick
- Healing Wish

Thank you.
Reserving.

:ss/cobalion: :ss/Jirachi: :ss/excadrill: :ss/ferrothorn: :ss/aegislash: :ss/corviknight:

I pretty much went for a standard steel build while utilizing the offensive Cobalion over something Like Bisharp or Melmetal that would usually be there, The Cobalion set you chose is pretty fine and overall a strong breaker if given the opportunity to set up, It can do a lot of work in the dark matchup which is one steel often struggles with. The Jirachi is setup that can beat water and fighting if played well, allowing Psychic+Thunderbolt to hit everything on water fairly strong, and with enough speed to out speed Kommo-o at +0 and get off a Psychic., Excadrill is the Scarf+Electric immunity and is a very strong Pokemon since types like ice and Fairy have almost no switch ins. Ferrothorn is not only your rock setter, it's the defensive wall of the team and the only Pokemon that can switch into something like Dracovish or Barraskewda, leech seed+protect is good for keeping it healthy and letting it wall teams with a lot of physical Pokemon. Next we went for the fighting immunity and one of the hardest hitters the type has, Specs aegislash rarely has safe switch ins with Powerful STABS and shadow sneak for priority, you're usually going to be using this to break the physical walls your opponent might have on the team, also the speed is for clefables and sometimes the opposing Aegislashes. I may have left this Pokemon for last but Corviknight is One of the strongest Pokemon in Monotype and it's ability to wall Most special attackers is amazing, with it being able to bulk up and also wall physical attackers+possibly sweep this Pokemon is a true menace, taunt allows it to beat things like Ferrothorn and Toxapex, and with the speed EV's you'll be able to beat most Corviknights by taunting first and being able to set bulk up, Mirror armor is for mystical fire from Gardevoir/Hatterene but it also let's you avoid dangerous SPDEF drops from things like specs Aegislash shadow ball. CrumLee Let me know if there's anything you don't like or if it works out for you, I hope you enjoy the team :3

Cobalion @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Stone Edge

Jirachi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 120 SpA / 136 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Protect

Aegislash @ Choice Specs
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 236 HP / 252 SpA / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Steel Beam
- Shadow Sneak

Corviknight @ Leftovers
Ability: Mirror Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 216 SpD / 40 Spe
Careful Nature
- Brave Bird
- Bulk Up
- Taunt
- Roost

Conflux

big boy diamonds
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
:ss/corviknight: :ss/aegislash: :ss/duraludon: :ss/bisharp: :ss/ferrothorn: :ss/jirachi:
So I started off with the Calm Mind Jirachi you requested and added Ferrothorn and Corviknight as they're staples on balanced Steel. Added Choice Scarf Duraludon next because Dragon is really good so you definitely want something to threaten it. I have Thunder Wave and Stealth Rock on it because it doesn't really need any other moves. Jirachi already has Thunderbolt and you also have Ferrothorn to pressure Water. Thunder Wave lets you get off a paralysis on a predicted switch or just sacrificing Duraludon to get off a clutch para. Stealth Rock is there to allow Ferrothorn to use Spikes which are arguably better in this generation as Heavy Duty Boots was introduced. I added Aegislash next and made it the SubToxic set because it's pretty great and annoying for many teams to deal with. It's also great against Psychic combined with Bisharp who I added as the last Pokemon and made it Lum Berry for Will-O-Wisp Mew. I couldn't fit Excadrill, Lucario, or Cobalion on this team so the matchups against Electric and Dark were pretty tough. That's why I made Corviknight Iron Defense + Body Press which is great against Dark, Ground, and Steel (except for Aegi). Then I made Jirachi Moonblast over Aura Sphere as an additional threat for Dark because Sableye shuts down Corviknight. Bisharp is also really good against Dark as Sableye can't do anything to it. Bisharp can also take advantage against Electric because they can't go for Sticky Web and its Sucker Punch can clean late game, so Excadrill didn't feel as mandatory here. The team has nothing for Scarf Charizard because I don't feel like its worth sacrificing other matchups or making them harder just to beat Charizard, which should find a way to win anyway, so yeah. Also Jirachi is pretty weak without investment, but it didn't seem to matter in the games I played. Let me know what you think of the team Prof.Otaku. I tested it in a bo3 against Decem and used it against Floss during our tutoring session.

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- King's Shield
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Shadow Ball

Corviknight @ Leftovers
Ability: Mirror Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 196 SpD / 60 Spe
Calm Nature
- Iron Defense
- Body Press
- Roost
- Taunt

Duraludon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Flash Cannon
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock

Bisharp @ Lum Berry
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Protect
- Spikes

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Shiny: Yes
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Moonblast

mushamu

God jihyo
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
Rysdude

:ss/blastoise: :ss/milotic: :ss/keldeo: :ss/seismitoad::ss/toxapex: :ss/crawdaunt:
Blastoise @ White Herb
Ability: Torrent
Modest Nature
- Shell Smash
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast

Milotic @ Leftovers
Ability: Marvel Scale
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Haze
- Recover
- Magic Coat

Keldeo @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Focus Blast / Secret Sword
- Taunt
- Scald
- Calm Mind

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Scald
- Haze
- Recover

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Knock Off
- Toxic

Crawdaunt @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Adaptability
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Close Combat
- Crabhammer
- Aqua Jet

Sorry I've been a bit busy lately, but I finally got around to it. Since two rather unique Pokemon were requested, I started out with thinking what I could possibly do with Blastoise and Milotic on Water, and a Shell Smash sweeper and bulky Haze user crossed my mind, so I built a balance-ish Water team based off of the requirements you gave me. Something to note about this team is that it's slow without Rain, and that leaves you prone to a lot of threats in an offense based metagame, which I will explain. Blastoise has Focus Blast to hit Ferrothorn and Kyurem-B, and Ice Beam to hit Grass- and Dragon-type Pokemon like Appletun. Torrent is really good for sweeping, as not having Rain means that you need all the power you can get from Hydro Pump. Milotic's set allows it to serve as a Haze user, while also having Magic Coat to help against hazards, seeing as this team lacks hazard removal. Important to note that Milotic naturally outspeeds Corviknight, and can Haze it unlike Toxapex since Milotic has Magic Coat too. Defensive Evs are used since it's good for switching into Choice Scarf Excadrill's attacks, and Milotic is specially bulky enough too. Keldeo is one of, if not Water's best offensive options, and is a setup sweeper on this team with Taunt to cancel out recovery, status, and setup. Focus Blast is used to hit Ferrothorn and Kyurem-B harder, but Secret Sword can be used over it for consistency. Toxapex is the standard defensive set with Toxic and Haze. The former is preferred over Toxic as Toxic Spikes is shaky in a metagame where Hatterene is troublesome and Toxic is great for putting timers on things especially when you're a slower team. Seismitoad is defensive Steath Rock because we don't have rain, and Knock Off utility is always nice. The last slot goes to Crawdaunt, which is pretty nice as a wallbreaker. Choice Scarf isn't the typical set for it, but it lets it surprise some Pokemon on Psychic, and gives the team a bit more Speed. Being able to surprise Pokemon like Indeedee, Hydreigon, Celebi, and Mew is pretty nice. Note that since you requested a team without rain, I tried to put multiple Toxic and Haze users to try to prevent Pokemon like Kyurem-B, Gyarados, and Togekiss from setting up for free. All of these Pokemon can be deadly, so make sure you play around them carefully.
:ss/blastoise: :ss/milotic: :ss/keldeo: :ss/araquanid: :ss/cloyster: :ss/barbaracle:
Blastoise @ White Herb
Ability: Torrent
Modest Nature
- Shell Smash
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast

Milotic @ Leftovers
Ability: Marvel Scale
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Hypnosis
- Recover
- Haze

Keldeo @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Focus Blast / Secret Sword
- Taunt
- Scald
- Calm Mind

Araquanid @ Focus Sash
Ability: Water Bubble
Modest Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Scald
- Magic Coat
- Sticky Web

Cloyster @ King's Rock
Ability: Skill Link
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Ice Shard
- Rock Blast

Barbaracle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Tough Claws
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Shell Smash
- Earthquake
- Cross Chop

This team seems super odd at first glance but I think Shell Smash spam is another good alternative to fat Water, which struggles. The concept is very simple, lead Araquanid, set Sticky Web, and start spamming Shell Smash to dismantle the opposition. King's Rock Cloyster is there to cheese things with the flinch chance, and Barabarcle is there as the Focus Sash user, to check just random things that go out of hand considering Araquanid keeps Stealth Rock away with Magic Coat. Scald on Araquanid softens things up for the Shell Smash users to go in, which is why it's special instead of physical. On this team, I think Milotic fit as a defensive Pokemon, and I put Hypnosis and Haze on it here. Hypnosis stops Pokemon and leaves them setup bait for the Shell Smash users to pull through, and Haze stops setup from going out of hand. There's no Electric immunity which does suck, but the team should be able to check everything offensively especially with Focus Sash Barbaracle present. This team's moreso a team to spam on ladder and get quick points.

Last edited:

Harpp

No rain, no flowers.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Poised Boy
Sub + CM Keldeo w/ Cloyster:

Okay so for your request of Sub + Calm Mind Keldeo and Cloyster I paired the core with Rotom-W as it provides two very important things to the core, one is Volt Switch support and the other being Defog which is very crucial for Cloyster so that it can retain its Focus Sash and put it to good use. Volt Switch support from Rotom-W is loved by both Keldeo and Cloyster as it grants them more opportunities to switch-in during battle. Then I added Toxapex as it is a wonderful Pokemon for Water, on this team it provides Toxic Spikes and Haze support to stop kyurem-B and Grass-type neutrality for the team. Next I added Seismitoad for Stealth Rock and Electric-type immunity, gave it Focus Blast to deal with Kyurem-B when under rain. Pelipper was added next with a Choice Scarf set to somewhat mitigate the problem of low speed outside of rain. I added Thunder Wave on Rotom-W over the commonly used Will-O-Wisp so that it can slow down threats for the team, also both Cloyster and Keldeo enjoy Thunder Wave support to outspeed more Pokemon. Against Kyurem-B you should play on your toes and scout its set as fast as possible so you can determine your counter play. If its Dragon Dance then you will need Seismitoad in Rain for it or your Cloyster. Adamant nature is used on Cloyster because 4 def Dragapult lives +2 Jolly Ice Shard.
+2 252 Atk Cloyster Ice Shard vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Dragapult: 266-314 (83.9 - 99%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252+ Atk Cloyster Ice Shard vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Dragapult: 290-344 (91.4 - 108.5%) -- 50% chance to OHKO
If you have any questions regarding the team then feel free to direct them towards me on through discord or through a pm. I hope you enjoy the team.
Pelipper @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Drizzle
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Hurricane
- Ice Beam
- U-turn

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Recover
- Haze

Rotom-Wash @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Wave
- Defog

Seismitoad @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Focus Blast

Keldeo-Resolute @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Substitute

Cloyster @ Focus Sash
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Ice Shard

Side Note: OP now reflects the teams built so far by the builders, click Team Building Archive to see.

Last edited:
Hello again guru’s!
This team request, if possible, revolves around the one and only Venusaur. He’s my favorite bulky boy. IRT to build, specifically utilizing the Chlorophyll Sweeper build on Smogon:

Venusaur @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
Modest Nature
- Growth
- Sludge Bomb
- Weather Ball
- Giga Drain

Would prefer an Offensive Balanced Grass type of play while trying to cover grass’ numerous weaknesses. Would prefer Sunny day on both Whimsi and Celebi (for back up if needed).

Havens

WGI World Champion
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
:incineroar:
Incineroar @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Power Trip
- Bulk Up
- Flame Charge
- Drain Punch

Could ya'll make me a team (Dark or Fire) based around this Incineroar set? I've got a couple of ideas on my own based upon this set, I'm just looking for a second opinion on how ya'll would approach this.

I'd be interested in seeing how you all would construct an Ice team using a bulky SubDD Kyu-B. I've mostly been using "do-or-die" HO Ice teams, but was thinking of slowing it down a bit and maybe trying to make something a little more balanced. I feel like this set has some potential, being able to set up on passive mons expecting regular DD or LO Kyu-B, and even outspeeds certain mons at +1 like scarf Rotoms, which it can then sub up on a Trick/WoW/Twave/Overheat, etc.

Here's the set I had in mind:
Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 56 HP / 200 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance
- Icicle Spear
- Fusion Bolt

Looking forward to any replies, thank you!

Conflux

big boy diamonds
I'd be interested in seeing how you all would construct an Ice team using a bulky SubDD Kyu-B. I've mostly been using "do-or-die" HO Ice teams, but was thinking of slowing it down a bit and maybe trying to make something a little more balanced. I feel like this set has some potential, being able to set up on passive mons expecting regular DD or LO Kyu-B, and even outspeeds certain mons at +1 like scarf Rotoms, which it can then sub up on a Trick/WoW/Twave/Overheat, etc.

Here's the set I had in mind:
Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance
- Icicle Spear
- Fusion Bolt

Looking forward to any replies, thank you!
Reserved

Hello! I'd like to see a Water team built around the idea of making banded Crawdaunt shine. Thanks in advance!

Crawdaunt @ Choice Band
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Crabhammer
- Close Combat
- Aqua Jet

Conflux

big boy diamonds
Balanced Ice
for Lune Knight
:ss/kyurem-black: :ss/darmanitan-galar: :ss/piloswine: :ss/avalugg: :ss/ninetales-alola: :ss/cloyster:
You said you wanted balance so I added Piloswine and Avalugg to give the team more of a defensive vibe. Mamoswine is stronger and faster, however Piloswine is bulkier thanks to Eviolite. Thick Fat combined with full investment in Special Defense allows it to take a Sun boosted Fire Blast from Charizard and deal massive damage with Rock Tomb. Toxic on Piloswine is nice for stuff like Galarian Corsola and Rotom-W. Earthquake on Avalugg is nice for hitting Aegislash which is why I used that over something like Roar, Toxic, or Iron Defense. Alolan Ninetales is just the standard Aurora Veil set which works well with Dragon Dance Kyurem-B and Cloyster, allowing it to use King's Rock over Focus Sash since it can live most hits under Veil. King's Rock Cloyster has a high chance to flinch with Icicle Spear and Rock Blast so it's definitely worth using and can help you luck your way out of a tough spot. Galarian Darmanitan is just standard Choice Scarf and the Kyurem-B is the set you requested. The team is pretty weak to Choice Scarf Jirachi unless you can avoid flinches with Avalugg, but that's how most Ice teams are. Choice Scarf Weavile is your best bet to threaten Scarf Jirachi, however I think Cloyster is a better fit on this team.

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance
- Icicle Spear
- Fusion Bolt

Darmanitan-Galar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Gorilla Tactics
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Earthquake

Piloswine @ Eviolite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Tomb
- Toxic

Avalugg @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Sturdy
Impish Nature
- Body Press
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Earthquake

Ninetales-Alola @ Light Clay
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Aurora Veil
- Moonblast
- Encore
- Freeze-Dry

Cloyster @ King's Rock
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Hydro Pump

maroon

free palestine
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
RMT & Mono Leader
Autotomize Necrozma Psychic
for Kaguya Lys

:ss/necrozma::ss/jirachi::ss/celebi::ss/hatterene::ss/gardevoir::ss/indeedee:
{click here or on sprites for the team importable}

I'm glad you requested this actually, I wanted to build a team with Autotomize Necrozma myself and this gave me the motivation to do it! For the team the Necrozma is a basic set, Autotomize+Weakness Policy allows it to become a nasty setup sweeper. It can easily use its Weakness Policy thanks to its signature ability in Prism Armor without much support which is very nice. Photon Geyser is overall a solid stab, Heat Wave allows you to punish Steel-types like Ferrothorn, Corviknight, and Melmetal. Power Gem is then to take advantage of Fire teams as well as being solid coverage alongside its other two attacks. Then I added Choice Scarf Jirachi as it is a nice form of speed control, can provide Healing Wish support for teammates such as Necrozma and or Hatterene, provides the team with a Steel-type, grant the team momentum with U-turn, and can cripple bulky Pokemon such as Corviknight and Ferrothorn with Trick, which could otherwise easily switch into it. Celebi is an interesting tech since Psychic teams are really weak to Fire attacks especially from threats I decided to put in a unique lure to catch threats such as Choice Scarf Charizard. Occa Berry + Thunder Wave allows it to always cripple Charizard with Paralysis even in the sun. Its investment in Speed is then so it can proceed to set up Stealth Rock against paralyzed Choice Scarf Charizard before going down. Hatterene and Gardevoir make up the anti-dark core and they do that job quite effectively. Hatterene works as a bulky setup sweeper, its moves are fairly self-explanatory, however, Dark Pulse was put there to give Hatterene a better matchup against other Psychic teams. Hatterene also makes up the team's form of hazard control as it does not have many great options for removal right now. Gardevoir also is another Choice Scarf user alongside Jirachi that can abuse Healing Wish as well, and take advantage of Dragon teams. Finally, Indeedee is just a powerful Pokemon with the ability to support the team with Psychic terrain. Shadow Ball mainly allows it to hit Ghost-type Pokemon such as Aegislash, Energy Ball is helpful in the Water and Ground matchup, and Mystical Fire allows it to hit Steel-types for damage like Ferrothorn that could easily stomach its other attacks. This was a fun team to build, let me know what you think of the team and I hope you enjoy using it!​

:ss/venusaur: :ss/whimsicott: :ss/virizion: :ss/shiftry: :ss/celebi: :ss/ferrothorn:

Venusaur @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Weather Ball
- Growth

Whimsicott @ Heat Rock
Ability: Prankster
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Growth
- Sunny Day
- Memento

Virizion @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Megahorn
- Stone Edge
- Sunny Day

Shiftry @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

Celebi @ Expert Belt
Ability: Natural Cure
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Earth Power
- Nasty Plot

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Protect

I'm glad you requested this because I was already pretty fond of Sun grass, I tried out a few builds and after playtesting it a lot (s/o Eien for helping) I ended up with the current team, It has the double sun setters you asked for being Whimsicott and the scarf virizion, double sun abusers in shiftry and venusaur, and then Nasty plot celebi and defensive ferrothorn. I should point out that this team get's smashed by fire as you set up their sun and the team has no fire resist nuetrality. but overall I think it's pretty strong and has a few decent matchups, I really hope you enjoy using it Rysdude

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)