Team Monotype Premier League VIII - Week 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

mushamu

God jihyo
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
Bit disappointed we couldn't make playoffs and this season has been full of ups and downs. In particular, I'm not proud of how I played in some games and this week was a good example of that. I'm a bit bummed about not getting the 7-0 but I really can't blame anything but myself for how I played this week. There's always room for improvement though, and it's something I'll try to work on as I keep playing this game.
Shoutouts:
cy Thank you for convincing me to manage these past two tournaments. I would not have the energy to take on a leadership role without you being there as well to constantly motivate me and the rest of the team to do better. Thanks for being a great friend in general as well; I'm glad you're here to mess around with and talk to online and you're a cool person in real life too. The fact that we met because I forgot Azumarill could carry Substitute in a discord tournament game is funny to me and feels like yesterday.. I appreciate you a ton for the time we spend together :)

Hurtadoo Your passion for this tier is unlimited. Halfway into the season I just gave up on checking your teams and calls because I just trusted your instinct on what to use. We're similar in the builder in which we use our basic instincts to guide us and run sets that don't necessarily make sense to others, and it's hard to change our mind when we hit that idea. Thank you for being motivated to perform in this tournament and I'm glad I picked you up after you initially spoke to me about MWP because you're a great friend as well.

Isza I'm happy I decided to draft you and you were a huge part of our team. I wanted to thank you, not only for your effort this tournament but being a good role model in the community as well; you have a kind heart, are willing to connect with and teach others, and know when to give credit when it's due. You know when someone has a good heart or has potential playing wise, and you try to encourage them for them to improve even more.. it's something that is extremely valued and helps the community grow. I don't usually like drafting super big names but your attitude is why I wanted you. Hopefully we can team again in MPL or even bigger tournaments like SCL, always a pleasure.

Seo. I have to admit, I mainly wanted you because of your chat presence since you've always been a funny and positive guy. However, I'm glad you had the motivation to pick up BW when we weren't doing so hot in that slot and you preformed very well. You played pretty well in all of your games, and learned the tier quickly and you're always there to explore new ideas. You have a lot of potential in you as a player and you're a kind person; don't let what other people say about you bring you down because at the end of the day, it's essentially all talk and your results and motivation should speak for themselves.

Hyperspace12 I know you have a busy schedule but thanks for signing up. It's always nice teaming with you ever since we met. People joke that you're my clone or whatever but in reality, you're really different than me in terms of playing style. You're a lot more aggressive, and I feel like you're a better bo1 player than I am as a result. For example, in your game vs Tmoi, you were essentially in his head the entire game, a game I would have lost multiple times because I wouldn't have taken enough initiative. Thanks for being flexible this season too and playing tiers you were unfamiliar with; they're complicated compared to SS but I hope you had fun nonetheless. It's great to see you constantly looking for ways to improve as well, a lot of people give up easily in terms of refining their building and play so it's definitely a good quality you have.

silver grace You have a lot of potential as a player. You're optimistic about things and you don't get demotivated easily. I'm sorry we couldn't slot you in this season but I'm sure you'll farm another tournament one of these days.

Thank you to the rest of my team too; I'm a bit short on time as of right now so I can't do a lot of in detail shoutouts but yedla Ainzcrad Leafium Z adjustments maroon thanks for putting in effort this tournament whether it be playing or talking in the team chat, appreciate it tons.

I'm unsure whether or not I'll be managing or even playing in the next monotype tournament but I know for sure I'll try to support a team. Regardless, thanks for having me as your manager even if I wasn't the most active sometimes; It's been a pleasure.

Good luck to the teams in the playoffs, rooting for Mateeus and Jolly Togekiss ^-^ as nice dudes who are passionate about the tier to get the repeat.

Just wanted to say thanks to Seo. For putting in so much effort in BW and just helping out all around. Didn't expect that much from you so it was really nice to see.

And mushamu you already know I think you're generally the most accomplished mono mainer OAT, so us missing playoffs this time around doesn't make your long resume fade 1 bit

Rooting for the braves, and especially Jolly Togekiss ^-^. For as much shit people say about your drafting, teams, ect in private it seems you always make playoffs and they don't. Would love to see you win again

Cielau Hurtadoo really nice protagonist energy, always give credit where its due well done.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)