Monotype Player Of the Week! Week #16: ChildOfDisorder/Entr°py

Status
Not open for further replies.
Approved By scpinion
Based of Other Potws

Banner By: Dece1t

Hey Everyone and welcome to the revamped version of player of the week and Staff interviews.

This week we Have very special guest and monotype room staff: Childofdisorder or Entrpy this will be a weekly interview thing were i interview staff and well known players! If you want someone interviewed Pm Me on Smogon or Ps! Without further ado let's get to the interview!

Will you tell us about yourself IRL? Are you still in school? Do you have a job? Location? Any other generic information you willing to share?
I mean there's not a whole lot to tell really, most of the community knows my name is Matt (my name is Matt btw). I'm 19 and going to college in southern New York, just outside the city. I'm a full time student, so no job yet, and a Sophmore pursuing a History Major.
What got you interested in history?
My love with history really took off in Middle School/Jr. High when they introduced Ancient & Global history, I was getting into the internet around then and had been obsessed with Runescape, so Swords and fighting and stuff was really cool. Obviously as I got older my reasons for loving History changed, I'm really interested in the difference between how we live today and people living 100, 500, even 3,000 years ago.
What school do you go to now?Do you enjoy it? Can you tell us a little about it?
Right now I'm attending SUNY Purchase, a Performing-Arts oriented school. As I said, I'm a Sophmore there, and I have to say I really do love it. The students are so diverse in their thoughts, beliefs, fashion. It was a real culture shock to me because I'd lived a somewhat sheltered childhood. I love the college, though the administration and the food leave a lot to be desired...The faculty is great though, I've loved all but one of my teachers, who I'd had in freshman year.
Do you play any video games outside of PS?
A few, I play a few MMOs, such as Guild Wars 2, I've recently picked up Hearthstone, I play a few DS games like Bravely Default and Fire Emblem, and I've played every main-series Pokemon Game released aside from Crystal.
Is there anything you feel that is awesome about yourself?
People say I'm really kind and a great person, as well as really patient. I personally don't think I'm that fantastic, I just follow that "Golden Rule" shit they taught in Elementary school, about treating people how you wanna be treated and stuff.
How did you get into Pokemon? PS? Why the monotype room?
I originally started playing pokemon when I was one years old, not a estimate, literally 1. My older cousins were obsessed with the craze that swept the 90s and they stuck a game boy color in my hand and had me click buttons, lol. I found PS about 3 or so years ago surfing the internet looking for Online Pokemon Fan-Games and etc., spent a few days in the Lobby and then made my way into the Monotype room, and I stayed there. Monotype was the first Competitive battling I ever learned, I picked up tiers later.
What is your favorite Pokemon and tier? Why?
That's a bit of a tough question because I never really picked a favorite, though appearance wise I suppose I'd have to say Litwick because it's an adorable little candle with some boss-ass bangs who turns into a freaking chandelier that literally burns your soul alive. Competitive wise, though, one of my favorite Pokemon is Excadrill, because it literally doesn't care. Banded, Lorb, Mold Breaker, Sand Rush, no matter what, something is getting destroyed. Tier wise I really like UU, beacuse its the first tier I attempted to learn and the one I stick with.
Who is your favorite staff member and voice? Why?
But man you know how I hate to pick favorites D: Lol, alright, if you pushed me for an answer, my favorite retired auth would probably be Omega-Xis, yeah. He's really one of the main reasons I stuck with competitive Pokemon and even today probably one of the people I speak to the most, we play Hearthstone together, too. He's been a great tutor in both HS and Monotype. Of my favorite current auth I can't really pick one because I like all of them, but I suppose of the Mods I'd pick Dirpz because I talk to him the most and he has learned me in the art of Good Shitposting. Of the voices I'm giving a shoutout to sirskit, the Rock God. He's been staff longer than I have, and he was there the whole way I was, and has always been chill. So I guess that's my choices. I love all the auth though so don't feel bad anybody.
What do you enjoy about being staff?
Idk how I feel about the term "enjoy," it makes it sound like a prize or a reward or some such.I love staffing the room because I grew up in competitive in it, over the last 3 years I learned everything I know about Pokemon from here. So I like being able to find a way to give back to the community that raised me, you know?
How did you get your PS! Usernames?
I like how you said usernames, Entr☣py was one of the first names I had, and I used it up until they removed Unicode. After a bit of a hiatus I changed to ChildOfDisorder. The Entr☣py name came from my love of Science in High School, being the concept of disorder, But when Unicode symbols were removed from names I changed because Entrpy looked dumb So I changed to ChildOfDisorder, a similar concept with a slightly deeper meaning.
It stems from the idea that we are all children, and constantly learning until we die, and an actual physical disorder I was diagnosed with that changed my life. I had been diagnosed with Psoriatic Arthritis when I was 14, in the middle of marching band season I'm not saying I'm disabled or anything and definitely don't want to be seen as such, but after being diagnosed with a life long condition like that really changes your prospective of things.
What is your favorite type? Why?
I don't really have a favorite type, just like I don't really have a favorite Pokemon. But a few of my favorite types are Fire, Fairy and Ground. Fairy beacuse sometimes it's fun to play with RNG- Don't lie, everyone gets a kick out of togekiss every now and then even if they hate it. Fire is just a really fun type to play with, it's not easy not by far when dealing with rock and such, but pokemon like Charizard-Y and Victini make it a refreshing challenge. I mainly like ground because it's fun to obliterate things with band Sand Rush Excadrill tbh lol.
Do you enjoy how monotype is now? If you could change anything would you?
Monotype is a stable meta, albeit I personally feel it is a bit unbalanced. Obviously that's bound to happen, I mean look at Water's 120 species vs Ghost's 35, it's a lot easier to find a lot more gems the more Pokemon a type has. If I could change anything I really would like to see more viable types, but how one would go about that I'm really not sure. My main hopes for Sun and Moon is that some lesser used types get some nice buffs.
What are some of you favorite foods?
one of my favorite foods would probably be shrimp, love those little guys, especially in noodles with peanut sauce. Delicious and easy to prepare.
What players are you really good friends with or look up to?
I try to be chill with everyone, but I guess I'm particularly good friends with you(StarBlim), Bondie And Sae when he comes around, as well. As for players I look up to? I wish I could be as good as some battlers like Oberyn the Viper. Players of metas other than Mono I've got a friend in UU named Low Ladder Heroes, that man is a god.
Are there any words of wisdom you'd like to give to new monotype players?
Always. Be. Generic. This is something I can't stress enough. I know everybody wants to be different and creative, and I agree you should be, once you have the basics under your belt.
Learning the meta is easiest to do if you use meta sets and Pokemon
It's hard to build a ship before you saw the logs into planks. Other then that never be afraid to ask for help It might be intimidating to ask a question when the chat is moving fast, nobody wants to feel embarrassed or be laughed at for a "Noob question".
Anything you'd like to say to close off, and who would you like me to interview next week?
Well first I want to say thanks for taking the time to interview me, it was really fun, and I wanna thank Monotype for being as awesome as it is. As for who I'd like to see interviewed next, I think it would be cool to hear from Dream Eater Gengar. Peace Mono!

That's the end of the interview feel free to ask questions that you wanted answers to that I didn't ask!

TheAce22

Banned deucer.
Approved By scpinion
Based of Other Potws

Banner By: Dece1t

Hey Everyone and welcome to the revamped version of player of the week and Staff interviews.

This week we Have very special guest and monotype room staff: Childofdisorder or Entrpy this will be a weekly interview thing were i interview staff and well known players! If you want someone interviewed Pm Me on Smogon or Ps! Without further ado let's get to the interview!

Will you tell us about yourself IRL? Are you still in school? Do you have a job? Location? Any other generic information you willing to share?
I mean there's not a whole lot to tell really, most of the community knows my name is Matt (my name is Matt btw). I'm 19 and going to college in southern New York, just outside the city. I'm a full time student, so no job yet, and a Sophmore pursuing a History Major.
What got you interested in history?
My love with history really took off in Middle School/Jr. High when they introduced Ancient & Global history, I was getting into the internet around then and had been obsessed with Runescape, so Swords and fighting and stuff was really cool. Obviously as I got older my reasons for loving History changed, I'm really interested in the difference between how we live today and people living 100, 500, even 3,000 years ago.
What school do you go to now?Do you enjoy it? Can you tell us a little about it?
Right now I'm attending SUNY Purchase, a Performing-Arts oriented school. As I said, I'm a Sophmore there, and I have to say I really do love it. The students are so diverse in their thoughts, beliefs, fashion. It was a real culture shock to me because I'd lived a somewhat sheltered childhood. I love the college, though the administration and the food leave a lot to be desired...The faculty is great though, I've loved all but one of my teachers, who I'd had in freshman year.
Do you play any video games outside of PS?
A few, I play a few MMOs, such as Guild Wars 2, I've recently picked up Hearthstone, I play a few DS games like Bravely Default and Fire Emblem, and I've played every main-series Pokemon Game released aside from Crystal.
Is there anything you feel that is awesome about yourself?
People say I'm really kind and a great person, as well as really patient. I personally don't think I'm that fantastic, I just follow that "Golden Rule" shit they taught in Elementary school, about treating people how you wanna be treated and stuff.
How did you get into Pokemon? PS? Why the monotype room?
I originally started playing pokemon when I was one years old, not a estimate, literally 1. My older cousins were obsessed with the craze that swept the 90s and they stuck a game boy color in my hand and had me click buttons, lol. I found PS about 3 or so years ago surfing the internet looking for Online Pokemon Fan-Games and etc., spent a few days in the Lobby and then made my way into the Monotype room, and I stayed there. Monotype was the first Competitive battling I ever learned, I picked up tiers later.
What is your favorite Pokemon and tier? Why?
That's a bit of a tough question because I never really picked a favorite, though appearance wise I suppose I'd have to say Litwick because it's an adorable little candle with some boss-ass bangs who turns into a freaking chandelier that literally burns your soul alive. Competitive wise, though, one of my favorite Pokemon is Excadrill, because it literally doesn't care. Banded, Lorb, Mold Breaker, Sand Rush, no matter what, something is getting destroyed. Tier wise I really like UU, beacuse its the first tier I attempted to learn and the one I stick with.
Who is your favorite staff member and voice? Why?
But man you know how I hate to pick favorites D: Lol, alright, if you pushed me for an answer, my favorite retired auth would probably be Omega-Xis, yeah. He's really one of the main reasons I stuck with competitive Pokemon and even today probably one of the people I speak to the most, we play Hearthstone together, too. He's been a great tutor in both HS and Monotype. Of my favorite current auth I can't really pick one because I like all of them, but I suppose of the Mods I'd pick Dirpz because I talk to him the most and he has learned me in the art of Good Shitposting. Of the voices I'm giving a shoutout to sirskit, the Rock God. He's been staff longer than I have, and he was there the whole way I was, and has always been chill. So I guess that's my choices. I love all the auth though so don't feel bad anybody.
What do you enjoy about being staff?
Idk how I feel about the term "enjoy," it makes it sound like a prize or a reward or some such.I love staffing the room because I grew up in competitive in it, over the last 3 years I learned everything I know about Pokemon from here. So I like being able to find a way to give back to the community that raised me, you know?
How did you get your PS! Usernames?
I like how you said usernames, Entr☣py was one of the first names I had, and I used it up until they removed Unicode. After a bit of a hiatus I changed to ChildOfDisorder. The Entr☣py name came from my love of Science in High School, being the concept of disorder, But when Unicode symbols were removed from names I changed because Entrpy looked dumb So I changed to ChildOfDisorder, a similar concept with a slightly deeper meaning.
It stems from the idea that we are all children, and constantly learning until we die, and an actual physical disorder I was diagnosed with that changed my life. I had been diagnosed with Psoriatic Arthritis when I was 14, in the middle of marching band season I'm not saying I'm disabled or anything and definitely don't want to be seen as such, but after being diagnosed with a life long condition like that really changes your prospective of things.
What is your favorite type? Why?
I don't really have a favorite type, just like I don't really have a favorite Pokemon. But a few of my favorite types are Fire, Fairy and Ground. Fairy beacuse sometimes it's fun to play with RNG- Don't lie, everyone gets a kick out of togekiss every now and then even if they hate it. Fire is just a really fun type to play with, it's not easy not by far when dealing with rock and such, but pokemon like Charizard-Y and Victini make it a refreshing challenge. I mainly like ground because it's fun to obliterate things with band Sand Rush Excadrill tbh lol.
Do you enjoy how monotype is now? If you could change anything would you?
Monotype is a stable meta, albeit I personally feel it is a bit unbalanced. Obviously that's bound to happen, I mean look at Water's 120 species vs Ghost's 35, it's a lot easier to find a lot more gems the more Pokemon a type has. If I could change anything I really would like to see more viable types, but how one would go about that I'm really not sure. My main hopes for Sun and Moon is that some lesser used types get some nice buffs.
What are some of you favorite foods?
one of my favorite foods would probably be shrimp, love those little guys, especially in noodles with peanut sauce. Delicious and easy to prepare.
What players are you really good friends with or look up to?
I try to be chill with everyone, but I guess I'm particularly good friends with you(StarBlim), Bondie And Sae when he comes around, as well. As for players I look up to? I wish I could be as good as some battlers like Oberyn the Viper. Players of metas other than Mono I've got a friend in UU named Low Ladder Heroes, that man is a god.
Are there any words of wisdom you'd like to give to new monotype players?
Always. Be. Generic. This is something I can't stress enough. I know everybody wants to be different and creative, and I agree you should be, once you have the basics under your belt.
Learning the meta is easiest to do if you use meta sets and Pokemon
It's hard to build a ship before you saw the logs into planks. Other then that never be afraid to ask for help It might be intimidating to ask a question when the chat is moving fast, nobody wants to feel embarrassed or be laughed at for a "Noob question".
Anything you'd like to say to close off, and who would you like me to interview next week?
Well first I want to say thanks for taking the time to interview me, it was really fun, and I wanna thank Monotype for being as awesome as it is. As for who I'd like to see interviewed next, I think it would be cool to hear from Dream Eater Gengar. Peace Mono!

That's the end of the interview feel free to ask questions that you wanted answers to that I didn't ask!
Ya I interviewed Dream Eater Gengar if u had the DECENCY TO CHECK THE OLD MONO SITE. Alas...
(jokes ;w;)

Litten, popplio, or rowlet?
Do you have a favorite replay?
I noticed you were in marching band, what instrument did you/do you play?
also matt is a great name, i would know :]
In that order:
1.) Rowlet, but I do love & feel bad for Popplio. I'm picking Rowlet because in a group of friends one wanted Litten and the other wanted Popplio so I was like we owt here. (I'll leave now...)
2.) http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-350514704 This is the most amazing/fun battle I have ever had. Hands down. Period. I was running on the ladder with Omega-Xis, just hanging out, and we were 20-0. This was our 21st battle. Ground v. SS Water, take a look. :)
3.) In Marching Band I played the Trombone, and did some work on percussion in the pit, using a gong for sound effects.
4.) Wew to Matts everywhere :]

Ya I interviewed Dream Eater Gengar if u had the DECENCY TO CHECK THE OLD MONO SITE. Alas...
(jokes ;w;)
I'M SORRY I DIDN'T KNOW FORGIVE ME </3

expectations for sun/moon?
how do you think it'll affect the monotype metagame based on what we know so far?
Right now I'm kind of holding my comments on Sun & Moon because I've not read a whole lot into it. I tried to avoid some of the spoilers. One thing I'm excited/curious? to see is if Z-Moves are as broken as everybody believes they will be, it is a pretty terrifying concept. I'm also really excited to see how Lycanroc-Midday preforms on Rock with Sand Rush + TTar. Rock Priority also sounds really good. I hope this answer is satisfactory xd.

Favorite pokemon game?

Favorite song and genre?

Favorite brazilian? (Ez question)
1.) Easily Pokemon Platinum
2.) I don't really have a favorite Genre or Song. I like music based on the beat and tempo, so I have a range of different genres I've listened to. Recently I've been listening to "Into You," by Ariana Grande.
3.)

Jk <3 you fam

Got any favorite TV Shows/Movies?
and props to the Ariana Grande ;) u have good taste in music unlike cough StarBlim cough
For shows I really like NCIS, my Aunt got me into that a few years ago.
Movies there are a few, I really like Mel Brooks work, like Spaceballs and Robin Hood: Men In Tights.
I also really enjoy Simon Pegg's work, Shaun of the Dead and Worlds' End were hilarious, as was his performance as Scotty in the Star Trek reboot.

And yeah, love Ariana's voice ;)

I wish I could be as good as some battlers like Oberyn
I hope this is sarcastic there are loads of players better than me at mono(including yourself), even in mono oms like aaa or threats(and everything else) czim/ticken beat me all the time every time.

Anyway nice interview man

Whats your favourite type and why?

Whats your favourite playstyle?

Are you interested in any/do you play any sports?

I hope this is sarcastic there are loads of players better than me at mono(including yourself), even in mono oms like aaa or threats(and everything else) czim/ticken beat me all the time every time.

Anyway nice interview man

Whats your favourite type and why?

Whats your favourite playstyle?

Are you interested in any/do you play any sports?
Hey man don't be down on yourself, you're great tbh. I suck at mons lol
1.) Of the three I listed I like Fire the most, but Fairy and Ground are tied for second.
2.) I like Offense and Balance the most.
3.) And I'm a Hockey fan! (NY Rangers). Don't play anything myself, though.

Sup broski,
What kind of changes do u wanna see in the oras meta before sumo closes in?
Thoughts on oranguru? :>
1.) Personally I'm pretty content with Monotype as it is now, in competitive as a whole I'd like to see Hydrei banned from UU in the recent suspect.
2.) Every time somebody calls it, "The Harambe Pokémon," I shed a tear. It's an Orangutan, not a Silverback Gorilla QQ. Other than that Instruct seems like a pretty fun move, might be fun to use in FFA games. ;)

BROSKEET cod who is the Greatest mono play of all infinity
The greatest mono play of all infinity is our lord and savior tlmtest2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)