Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Def / 84 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Stored Power
- Thunderbolt

The EV spread maximizes physical bulk while still outspeeding Adamant Excadrill. You could probably dump more EVs into Speed if you want to outspeed stuff like Garchomp I guess, but I just prefer this spread. Calm Mind lets it act as a great wincon for a bunch of types. Stored Power is just there because it goes well with how CM Mega Latias works, but you can use another Psychic move too. Thunderbolt complements Psychic coverage well, and I chose it over moves like Ice Beam or DPulse to hit Heatran, Bisharp, Azumarill, and Mega Gyarados for decent damage.

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Healing Wish
- Fire Punch / Trick

Super self-explanatory. There's flexibility with the last slot though. Fire Punch seems nice for surprising Mega Scizor, but having Trick to potentially open up more setup opportunities for Mega Latias seems really nice.
Alternatively, you could also try out specially defensive Jirachi instead, since you're probably going to use Choice Scarf on another Pokemon, and you don't want too many of those. Choice Scarf Jirachi's quick Healing Wish will be missed tho.

Mega Latias is pretty cool, as it's a great wincon against types like Fire, Ground, Water, Flying, and Electric, but it struggles against Fairies, other Dragons, Bugs, Steel, and Ice-types. Naturally, Jirachi is a good fit since it covers most of those pretty well. Jirachi's quick Healing Wish is also a really nice perk since it lets Mega Latias play more freely early-game and set up on stuff like Slowbro without worrying about being permanently crippled. In return, Jirachi likes Mega Latias's ability to sweep Fire, Water, Flying, and Electric. So this seems like a decent way to start out a Mega Latias Psychic team if you ever wanted to go with that .3.

Last edited:
+

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Fire Blast / Psyshock
- Slack Off

Celebi @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 240 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Stealth Rock
- Recover
- Thunder Wave

CM bro is a pretty underrated set on Psychic. It usually has other things to do like check dark-types like sharpedo with colbur berry + gknot and apread status with twave. Celebi can basically check and cripple the same pokemon slowbro can with colbur berry + twave. They complement each other pretty nicely defensively; Slowbro switches into Ice and Fire type moves, while Celebi can beat most Electric and Grass types. Celebi's great ability in Natural Cure means that it can act as a great status absorber, keeping Slowbro away from annoying twaves, burns and poisons. The last move on Slowbro is a toss-up between Psyshock and Fire Blast. Psyshock means Slowbro can hit cm clef, chansey and mega venusaur, while fire blast + scald is useful against steel types.

iLlama

Nothing personal, I protect my people
Week 6:

Type: Dark

Build Deadline: November 17
Voting Deadline: November 20

Note: You may use the same Pokemon as others, including the same sets, however, if you are using two of the same Pokemon as another person, the sets must be different.​

maroon

free palestine
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
RMT & Mono Leader
+

Tyranitar-Mega @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Ice Punch
- Crunch
- Stone Edge

Bisharp @ Focus Sash
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock

Lead Bisharp can not only act as a great lure to Thunder Wave any threat but can also free up Tyranitars role as a Rock Setter allowing it to run a much more offensive set. This allows Dark to have an easier time against matchups like Flying, Dragon, Grass, Ground with Tyranitar being a huge threat to those types at +1. Tyranitar's movepool allows it to taoe on all flying types fairly easily and to be able to hit Psychic (a powerful type in the metagame) extremely hard with Boosted Crunch. Sashed Thunder Wave allows Bisharp to revenge kill Mega Diancie and can greatly damage another annoying Faory types due to its Sash and Iron Head which is a huge threat to any dark team. This core does make for a very interesting offensive presence as it lures many people into believing Tyranitar is the obvious lead and Bisharp is a setup pokemon woth Swords Dance which allows you to play interesting games with your opponent. Overall these sets are underrated on Dark as usually Bisharp is used as the setup sweeper while Tyranitar is used as the Brazalian pokemon.

Last edited:

Dharma

komorebi
is a Top Artist

Cacturne @ Life Orb
Ability: Water Absorb
Jolly Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Superpower
- Seed Bomb
- Spiky Shield

Houndoom-Mega @ Houndoominite
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Sludge Bomb
- Taunt

This is a core that I came up with while building a Dark team around Drapion and Cacturne for the Team Building Competition.

Cacturne is a rather interesting and fun thing to use. Its ability Water Absorb lets it switch into Water-type moves aimed at Mega Houndoom, while having access to priority in the form of STAB Sucker Punch. Its Grass-typing also lets it handle slow Water-, Ground- and Rock- types that Mega Houndoom can't. Jolly nature lets it outspeed most walls and bulky mons such as Chansey, Porygon2, Azumarill and Tyranitar. The remaining VS are put into Attack to maximize its offensive presence, and it packs a punch along with the Life Orb (forgive me, bad pun). The 4 EVs in Special Defense are so that Download users like PorygonZ get the Attack boost instead. Seed Bomb and Sucker Punch are its main STAB moves, with Sucker Punch having the added bonus of being one of the best priority moves in the game. Superpower lets it handle slow Steel- and Normal- types that would otherwise trouble it, such as Magnezone, Ferrothorn, Chansey and and Heatran. Spiky Shield is a rather unusual option, but it stops Mega Medicham and Mega Lopunny from freely spamming High Jump Kick, both of which are problems for Dark-type teams.

Mega Houndoom is a rather underestimated choice for a mega on dark teams. While Cacturne handles Water-, Rock- and Ground-types, Mega Houndoom handles Grass- and Fairy-types that Cacturne has trouble with, as well as having another way of beating Steel-type teams. Flash Fire lets it switch into Fire-type moves aimed at Cacturne before it mega evolves. Maximum investment in Speed along with a Timid nature makes it as fast as possible, allowing it to outspeed a wide range of non-scarred mons like Keldeo and Rotom forms. The remaining EVs are put into Special Attack to make it as hard a hitter as possible. Fire Blast and Dark Pulse are its main STAB moves, with Sludge Bomb being a great coverage option to hit Fairy-types. Taunt lets it prevent the likes of Chansey, Porygon2, Mandibuzz, Togekiss and Keldeo from setting up hazards, using stat-boosting moves, or crippling it with annoying status.

me

iLlama

Nothing personal, I protect my people
Week 6: Voting

The Excadrill's Mega Tyranitar and Bisharp Core
Symphonii's Cacturne and Mega Houndoom Core

Voting Ends November 18th
Please vote for 1 Person, you may not vote for yourself.

My votes go to Exca

After voting ends, this project will be over with the ending of ORAS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)