Denied Monotype: It's Not a Monotonous Meta!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm baack! (Cue the thunder and high-pitched screams)

I want to write about this meta. In case you don't know, Monotype battles have the unique requirement that all of your Pokemon must share a type. I want to encourage people to try it as well as discuss the Monotype chat room on PS.

Background: I would first start with an explanation about the meta and its rules. If I can get interviews with mods, I would weave in their opinions in this paragraph.

From there, I would proceed to talk about the game itself. It requires a different kind of strategy since you're limited to only one type of Pokemon. You have to find a way to emphasize the type's strengths as well as cover its weaknesses. I'll try to bring in some wisdom from the mods here.

After that, I would talk about the chatroom. The people there are pretty cool, and there's a lot that you can do there. They hold single elimination tournaments and they help each other out with their teams.

Finally, another reason Monotype is interesting is because it's in the process of a metamorphosis. It's rules used to mirror the OU banlist and rules. Now it's starting to distance itself from that meta and it appears that it's now strong enough to be independent and set its own rules/regulations. That means that this would be an exciting time to enter the fray!

Well, what do you guys think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)