Monotype Monotype. Im making a poison team, but I'm not very good at it, would this team work?

The team consists of

Gengar @ Leftovers
Ability: Cursed Body
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Clear Smog
- Disable
- Toxic
- Will-O-Wisp

This pokemon can burn and poison foes, clear stats, and disable really powerful moves.
I made is bulky and fast so that it can outspeed most enemy pokemon and even if it cant outspeed it will survive one or two hits

Clodsire @ Choice Band
Ability: Unaware
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Body Press
- Liquidation
- Earthquake
- Iron Head

This pokemon is good for stopping big threats, its moves can hit almost anything for super effective damage. I gave it choice band because it needs the extra power so it would have better ohko odds.

Toxtricity-Low-Key @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
Tera Type: Ice
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Swift
- Acid Spray
- Charge Beam
- Snarl

I made good use of the technician ability by using moves with 60 or less power, the strength of these attacks is further boosted by life orb.

Toxicroak @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Poison Touch
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brick Break
- Bulk Up
- Bullet Punch
- Counter

This pokemon is made to take out big threats using the rocky helmet to stop maushold with population bomb, and it can poison with all of its attacks, return huge damage with counter, take advantage of any chance I have to use bulk up and boost my power.

Iron Moth @ Assault Vest
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Fighting
Timid Nature
- Fiery Dance
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Air Slash

This pokemon can get into the battle and do damage, and still get out using U-turn. It also has fiery dance as a good stab + power boosting option. The assault vest gives it the bulk to have enough time to boost stats with fiery dance.

Glimmora @ Expert Belt
Ability: Corrosion
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Rain Dance
- Gunk Shot
- Rock Slide
- Tera Blast

This pokemon has great coverage and defends against most types well. It can poison steel and poison types due to its corrosion ability. The huge attack stat allows it to do massive damage.

If there are any changes i should make please leave a comment

Last edited:

maroon

free palestine
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
RMT & Mono Leader
Hi, welcome to Smogon! I am locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide at least three lines of descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and look at Team Showcase to see the detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions, and I will be happy to unlock this.

edit: unlocked

Last edited:
I think that this team is pretty good, but here are some edits I would make:

Toxtricity-Low-Key @ Throat Spray
Ability: Punk Rock
Tera Type: Normal
Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- Overdrive
- Sludge Bomb
- Volt Switch

Punk Rock and Throat Spray allow it to abuse it's sound moves. Tera Normal allows it to gain stab on Boomburst, turning anything that doesn't resist it into canon fodder. Overdrive is stronger than any of it's stab moves with punk rock. Sludge Bomb is it's best Poison stab. Volt Switch allows it to switch out.

Toxicroak @ Life Orb
Ability: Poison Touch
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Poison Jab
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Close Combat

Poison Jab provides a decent stab move that is almost a guaranteed Poison. Swords dance booster his attack to even higher levels. Sucker punch is more prediction reliant than bullet punch but it is a better trade. Close Combat provides it's strongest stab. Life Orb also provides better damage output.

Iron Moth @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Fighting
Modest Nature
- Fiery Dance
- Sludge Wave
- U-turn
- Dazzling Gleam

Choice scarf and modest Nature allow you to outspeed the unboosted metagame. Fiery dance let's you fish for sp Atk raises, and sludge wave provides strong Poison stab. Uturn is weak, but let's you pivot out to a better Mon. Dazzling Gleam is coverage that can kill mons that think they can set up on you.

I would swap out the offensive clodsire for a defensive set or Toxapex. I was uld also go for a suicide lead set of glimmora over the offensive set. Another consideration if you want a corrosion Mon is salazzle, which is faster and has access to toxic. And if you do use glimmora, don't use a physical set, as it's special attack is much higher than it's attack.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)