Thundurus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast / Grass Knot
- Thunder / Thunderbolt / Sludge Wave / Anything diverse from the cloud's movepool

Even though the idea is a bit meme-y, Triple Therians can be a thing on this build. Although Thundurus-T does not contribute that much defensively-wise to the team as of now (read: another weakness to Ice and Rock) besides giving another Electric immunity, offensively it serves as another VoltTurn abuser (with Volt Switch for momentum alongside the U-Turns of Landoge and Tornchick), a nice revenge killer/cleaner (with a troll speed stat that allows it to outpace the likes of common scarfed base 100 mons) and as added coverage that's not present in neither Lando nor Torn (depending on the slashes).

Ice Bird PHeonix!~ (Articuno) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- U-turn
- Hurricane
- Defog

hi i noticed you need hazard removal and the 375-442 speed tier is really uncovered. you also have a weakness to wash rotom which this resolves. scarf defog is a good hazard removal option that doesnt make you lose any momentum. freeze-dry is so you can solo water teams that only consist of swampert, hurricane is so that you can make smogon posts with no substance about articuno beating fighting. u-turn is so you can do like 30% to hoopa-u. i can't be assed to check if its banned so if it is pretend i said malamar.

Ridley

lofi hip hop radio - beats to relax/study to
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Taunt
- Tailwind/Earthquake

After seeing Bandorus and LO Torn, I thought it would work well as an HO team. Aerodactyl is arguably the best SR setter for HO flying teams, as it has a huge speed stat and has the ability to prevent rocks (taunt) and also get up a tailwind. All together a great contributor to the team.

Let's make a triple therian HO team with LO Torn, Bandorus, Aerodactyl, Thundy T, Mega Gyara, and DD Dragonite!

Last edited:
Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Taunt
- Tailwind/Earthquake

After seeing Bandorus and LO Torn, I thought it would work well as an HO team. Aerodactyl is arguably the best SR setter for HO flying teams, as it has a huge speed stat and has the ability to prevent rocks (taunt) and also get up a tailwind. All together a great contributor to the team.
js it wasnt bandorus, we picked bulky lando

.......are we trying to deliberately ruin the viability of this team by voting for that Articuno set? It's not even funny, please don't vote for it unless you legitimately think it's good, and don't waste the time of the people participating in this by going for that shit.

edit @below: ok, sorry about that, I was kinda frustrated when I wrote this

Izaya's Mega-Gyarados

Last edited:
.......are we trying to deliberately ruin the viability of this team by voting for that Articuno set? It's not even funny, please don't vote for it unless you legitimately think it's good, and don't waste the time of the people participating in this by going for that shit.
Memes aside, I actually would like to try something w/ scarf articuno, it seems like it'd catch a lot of people off guard and work well as a pivot. However, it's also super weak to rocks and basically requires defog support. It's possible that it would be better to have this on the team later because it could potentially change what gets voted for in the following rounds (i.e. having too much speed, making sure we have reliable defog). We can also change the set if people really don't like scarf defog, considering skarm/dos are both amazing defoggers and the team will most likely include one of them. And if the set is super dong, we could replace the mon entirely.

Edit: And seriously guys, don't vote for this set just because it looks like a meme.

scpinion

Life > Monotype... unfortunately :)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Mega Gyara.

Could we get some sprites of the current team in the OP so those joining in late can easily see what is already on the team?

Since ridley suggested aerodactyl as an accident, and it clearly does not fit with this team, it's pretty clear you guys are voting for it for the hell of it. So, change your vote or something.
it works with banded lando

Ridley

lofi hip hop radio - beats to relax/study to
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Since ridley suggested aerodactyl as an accident, and it clearly does not fit with this team, it's pretty clear you guys are voting for it for the hell of it. So, change your vote or something.
Didn't you vote for Fella's shitty ass articuno set?

Ok so stop your memeing shit now. Like 6ti said, Ridley suggested Aerodactyl as an accident, why we would use 2 mons which has same role ? And, I prefer voting for "Fella's shitty ass Articuno" than making a 100% generic build. Also, votes for Aerodactyl will not be counted.

----------

Results :

Izaya's Mega-Gyarados - 6 votes
Fella's Articuno - 3 votes

Mega-Gyara is the third mon of the team.
Tornadus-Therian @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 76 Atk / 180 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hurricane
- Superpower/ Focus Blast/ Heat Wave
- U-turn
- Taunt

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet / Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge / Knock Off

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Taunt / Substitute

Like i said in the OP, there will be a Live session to discuss about the team in Monotype Events room on 31th August at ~11 PM GMT. And the thread will re-open on 2nd September.

Tagging Dream Eater Gengar to lock until restart.

-------

[EDIT] (and up!)

We ran the session, thanks to everyone who participated! And keep in mind that there will be a second live session when the team is done!
Tornadus-Therian @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 76 Atk / 180 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hurricane
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Taunt

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Substitute

Submissions phase #4 begins now! have fun !

(oh and feel free to submit again your set)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)