Side Monotype BLT VI - Semifinals (Tie Breaker)

Neko

When you live for love, how precious life can be
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributor
Cat predictions
Bladestorm Bisharps (1) vs. (2) Dragonspiral Dragapults
SS: tMoi vs. diegoblu (Diego already beat tMoi once, he can do it again)
SS: luisin vs. Fraolain (op guy with the op records with the op plays. Fraolain has cool mons tho so :3)
SM: tier vs. ikiarihS (He said Yae Miko is top tier, therefore he must win)

Attribute

HYPNOS | pulp
is a Top Tiering Contributor
Monotype Cup Winner
more detailed predictions for playoffs. lets get to it!
Bladestorm Bisharps (2) vs. (1) Dragonspiral Dragapults
SS: tMoi (60) vs. diegoblu (40) - The reigning Spring Seasonals winner is 3-4 but I don't think a lot of his losses were really winnable so I won't hold those against him. However it is worth noting that he did drop Toxapex on Poison in an important game this past week, which is a pretty big red flag for that to be happening in this stage of the tournament. On the other hand, we have diegoblu, which is 5-3. I don't think his games really give a lot of information said a lot about him either but one game that stood out was him vs. DerpsDeluxe, where he did seem pretty lost in a Psychic vs. Ice game in which I feel he should have won. That was a number of weeks ago though, and usually I'd say lessons would be learned at this point in the tournament but I am a bit uncertain whether or not he has even considered watching the game. Ultimately, I think this is a classic case of better player vs. better support, in which I will favor tMoi, simply because this is a semifinals tiebreak game, meaning builder errors are a lot less likely to happen + more effort will be put in. In addition, this is diegoblu's first "big" game and whether or not the pressure gets to them remains in question.

SS: luisin (60) vs. Fraolain (40) - I haven't really watched either of these guys games so I'll be going based off of prior knowledge of them + overall records this tournament along with past ones. luisin is 7-1 right now, and the confidence must be sky high if they picked SS as their tiebreak pick. Like I've said, I don't know the context of the 7-1 and whether or not the games were good but what I do know is that he is probably the best player on the team, he was a first round pick for the team, and that, well, he is still 7-1. Fraolain is 4-4, and the only game I've watched of his was where he played Floss in a Grass vs. Fairy game. While this was a regular season game, bringing Grass vs. Floss specifically kind of speaks volumes about him, which I won't go into detail on cause that's probably a whole paragraph or two within itself. This tournament aside... I don't know if I can even say a lot about him cause I've hardly watched games of his where I was really paying attention. So yeah I wrote a whole lot of nothingness and I am bolding luisin cause more familiarity + better record. Sorry if you read this expecting something meaningful lmao.

SM: tier (30) vs. ikiarihS (70) - ikiarihS is by far the best player on the Dragapults and this was very much the correct tier to pick here. From what I remember, his games have been good, his teams have been up there compared to the rest of the SM pool, and he looks comfortable here. tier has been playing BW all season and has looked alright. However I do think the Bisharps had the best SM teams in the entire tournament for the regular season and that is probably going to continue here so they at least have that going for them here. They also managed to beat ikiarihS in the semis game, which is another thing they have going for them. Regardless, ikiarihS is probably a top ten (maybe even top 8) overall player in the tournament and aside from their name only consisting of random letters instead of an actual meaning, he has shown no red flags thus far. Gotta go with him here.

I think I'm rooting for the Bisharps cause oh man tMoi and luisin are fucking NICE but hey I'm looking forward to these games. Good luck to everyone and may the best team win!

Last edited:
Great season overall! Sadly we didn't get to make to finals but it I am really really happy and grateful for being part of this team. I felt most of us had great chemistry with each other. Some few rough moments happened throughout the tournament but overall it has been a great season. I am really amazed and delighted to knowing each one of you better. Now to the individual shoutouts:

Shiraiki:

I haven't heard of you prior to this tournament, but i must say you really did put on an amazing show, both as a player and person. Not only you were a crucial piece in guaranteeing key week victories, but also brought so many moments of joy across our team and having overall positive interactions with every single member (in other words, you did 200% than any "Moral Support" could ever had, no cap lool). I am really happy that I got to know someone who's both incredibly nice and good. Wishing you all the best in future tournaments (I am sure you will do super well in MPL), you deserve it so much and I am confident that this BLT experience will you push your performance to even higher standards. Really looking forward to team up with ya again if possible by any means, and you can always count on me for chatting, teambuilding, random jokes, or anything. Wishing you all the best both in PS and IRL <3

FROL1:

Another great player on which I had the massive pleasure to team up with. You were already very well known in the SS Monotype scene and you surely didn't disappoint. Regardless of winning or not, I believe you did super well in your games so don't mind the rough moments you had in your latest weeks. You were one of the two reasons I was able to bounce back as a player, as watching your performance and your thought process for teambuilding in the initial weeks made me review my mindset as a battler and reevaluate the way I play, meaning you are not only a great battler but also a great teacher. We had some cool interactions in the beginning and i wish we interacted more in the end, but nonetheless it has been a great tour and I really look forward to team up with you again. If you want to chat about anything you can count on me man, really wishing ya the best in future tournaments and life.

diegoblu:

Without a doubt, you were the most underrated player (possibly across the entire tournament) in my eyes. Regardless of what other people think of you, I think you are an incredible well-versed battler. The patience and amount of dedication that you put into your teams is insane (to the point you'd even IV craft stuff), as well as picking up the right types, and the method of studying your opponents is just flawless. You also have some crazy building ideas which can be questionable but i really believe good players need to be creative and risk their ideas themselves, so you are for sure in the right path of becoming an even better player. Honestly I had a great time teaming up with you, you also motivated me in certain moments where i wasn't feeling confident about myself so i am really really grateful. Wishing you all the best in your future endeavors, be it in PS or life.

Soma:

What a journey we have had. Before we even qualified for this tournament, we were supporting and rooting for each other and I am glad that you really managed to stick around and keep your head up regardless of the rough moments you went through. You helped me so much to practice for matches (alongside Plunder), and much like FROL1, diegoblu and shiraiki, you delivered us so many wins when we needed the most (we went to tiebreakers because of you). Nonetheless, you are a great friend i am sure I can count on, and you can always count on me whenever you need me. I know this community gives you a hard time with their criticism and you probably care too much about that, but regardless, I am sure most of the Dragapults (myself included) believe you are a good player and performed super well, and that's what really matters. Wishing you all the best in future tournaments and life, and have more faith in yourself.

Prof.Otaku:

Super nice and chill dude, I wish I had talked to you more honestly. You are also a great battler despite not having the greatest of records, so never let that put you down man. Really wishing you great in future tournaments and in life, I am sure that in future tournaments you will get amazing results; the ones that really represent who you are. Always feel free to talk to me if you want to, and I really would enjoy us teaming up a second time if by any means possible.

plunder:

You are definitely the biggest shoutout for me (and probably for all the players) honestly. From the start i already knew you were the best manager in the pool (no offense to the others ofc), and even then you managed to exceed my expectations. Not only you teamed up players who happened to have incredible chemistry and synergy, but also managed to motivate each and every player after our initial losses, which was the key factor for us to reach playoffs. As a person, you are also one of the coolest dudes I have ever met, always being available for preps, ensuring everyone performs well and more importantly, that everyone is having a fun time. I am extremely grateful that you chose me to play for your team in BLT and I wish you have an amazing time at MPL fam, even if we don't end teaming up together or I go undrafted, I really wish you get to finals because it is the manifestation of your greatness. Always feel free to talk to me if you are feeling like it. Also wish ya the best IRL as well.

txitxas:

It was really nice to see you interacting as much as you could, and I wish I had helped and talked to you more as well. Sadly your first team tournament didn't turn out to be as great as you wanted to, but never let your performance turn you down. Everyone starts somewhere (i did have a mediocre score/run in my first team tour); and I am sure this team tour experience will add up a lot to your building and battling skills. Really wishing you all the best, keep studying the meta and engaging in tournaments because I do see potential in you for sure.

Ron

Sadly we didn't get to talk much, I know it is rather rough to interact with people when you are barely playing, but I really hope you had a nice time with us! Like txitxas, I'd assume this was your first team tour, so never be discouraged by your score or performance. Anyways, best of luck in future tournaments and life!

Leafium Z:

Finally but not least, our good luck charm. Not really a player but you played such a massive role in keeping the chat alive every time (and not artificially!), meaning I had a great time talking to everyone (yourself included obv). I really hope you get a shot at playing MPL and have a great performance in there because you deserve all the best, be it in life or tournaments. We also formed the legendary brazil trio thanks to you <3 muito brabo, desejo tudo de bom pra ti rapaz.

Honorable mentions: style.css, Harpp, Elyoss, Aiyaru, Bouki (sorry if I forgot anyone else): Thanks for being with us, supporting players directly or indirectly. s/o style.css for being a great BLT host and for ensuring a good tournament run. Wishing all of u the best as well

Wishing the best of luck to advancing teams in finals, may the best team win!

ikiarihS

formerly shiraiki
is a Tiering Contributor
was a good run and definitely very fun! especially considering this was my first team tour, the atmosphere within the team was just amazing. this is also my first time writing this (cuz Harpp forced me to) so pls go easy on me

juleo:
u were definitely one of the nicest and most patient people on the team. it was nice seeing u comfort us whenever we lost or felt bad. also, you're such a good spirit by keeping everyone's mood up. apart from that aspect, i also learned a lot from u with regards to teambuilding especially. it was a pleasure to observe how u approached each week with enthusiasm no matter what. you were definitely a blast to be teammates with and i look forward to playing or teaming up with u again in the future.

diego
similar to juleo, i also learned a lot from u, this time in battling. at times, the comments u made after games were very critical but i could see where you were coming from. i learned a lot from those and i appreciate the little tips u give even outside of blt. u were also such a fun guy to talk to every now and then with ur jokes and shit. watching u interact with other members such as leaf and soma was also funny as hell. definitely a great guy to be teammates with and i look forward to our future interactions with each other.

frol&p.otaku
admittedly, i didn't interact as much with u guys. but whenever we did it was always fun. apart from the both of u being french, u guys are also amazing teambuilders and battlers. it was great being able to observe the way u guys thought about games and teambuilding. frol is probably the one i didn't interact with as much but every little interaction was fun to say the least. as for otaku, although u may think u performed bad i still feel like u did ur best seeing ur efforts every week even when not playing, good run! overall, the both of u were amazing members of the team and thanks for letting me steal teams hahahaha

(I'm starting to get lazy so yea)

soma, txitxas, and Ron
u guys were probably the least i was able to interact within the whole team, but despite that, i still felt your presence every week. soma, i really appreciate the little tips and opinions u give whenever i ask for help with teams. txitxas u were also fun to talk to every once in a blue moon (sadly u didn't really talk as much until the last few weeks.) and ron, I didn't talk to u at all i think but ure a cool dude

Harpp
here's the shoutout u wanted. thanks for being a great friend and mentor. u didn't hesitate to help me as soon as i got back to mons and the amount of support u provided was just abundant. i really appreciate the teams and insights u provide me whenever i ask for it. i couldn't have done this without you and thanks for being such a solid friend. (harp also told me that we go as a package deal in team tours so if any managers are reading hehe)

plunder
this wouldn't be complete without u ofc. thanks for trusting me and drafting me as soon as i got back into mons. u were probably my biggest motivation to keep on going and having u as my manager for my first team tour feels amazing. i just know you'll definitely be one of the best in the future, if u already arent. I'm not gonna keep going on with this cheesy stuff since u know the rest. thanks for everything friend :)

Leafium Z
last but not least leaf. even though this was my first time meeting u, u were extremely friendly towards me and also a great help when it came to prepping. i really also like how patient u are and how well u can take jokes. id say ure the next best moral support there is (I'm no.1 ofc) and i look forward to our future interactions together. it was nice meeting u leaf

err rest of the supporting cast (I'm too lazy already sorry):
thanks for helping all of us in one way or another! what juleo said!

was an amazing experience and i look forward to future tours to come. gl to the rest of the teams!

I came here Just to thank for the experience you guys gave me,especially shout out to plunder,thank you so much my friend for your Friendship,patience and support you gave me,there was some really moments that i thought i would not make it and you were always there to cheer me up,i will not forget it, Juleocesar,we are friends for many years,and this team tour just showed me How Dear friend you are.ikiarihS ,we had Very little interaction but i Saw How Powerful you are as battler,also a Dear person too,always treat me Nice and with respect,i really admire you.Great shout out to Prof.Otaku too,helped me with testing too and always treat me Very nicely.Style.ss,i should thank you for support,i didnt forgot.Thank you everyone for the great experience.

Last edited:
I really enjoyed this BLT, despite my score, I think it's due to the fact that I always come across very cool people who know how to put a good atmosphere, and that's surely what took us far. I was able to meet other players. It was overall a great experience, with a serious team that didn't take itself too seriously.
Now for the s/o!

s/o Plunder : In one word plunder, "Thank you", you trusted me during the whole tournament, and you understood my irls impediments for some weeks, and despite some demotivations, you knew how to motivate me. Thanks to that, I was able to help the team in the tests and preps. You were a great manager, and I'm sure you will be again in the future. I'm sorry if I disappointed you in my games as first pick, but I don't regret to have joined your team. You were able to find players that would work well together and you invited helpers who also had great chemistry with the players on the team! I'm sure your mpl will do very well. I also wish you the best irl, and who knows, maybe see you soon.

s/o style.css : You have perfectly hosted this tournament, and it's a real pleasure to count you among my friends on this game. Especially thank you for all your spreads, you really contributed a lot.

s/o Fraolain : We were the best French speaking duo and multicultural player lol. Very nice tournament as always my friend, good luck for the mpl, you have a great future (and continue to make us laugh so much)

s/o ikiarihS : Sm player of the team who has ideas... which are ideas :blobnom:, it was really nice to mate with you, besides I met another gif fan ! And that's exceptional. I'm glad you like my teams. I think we'll see you more often in the future on the smogon scene, and that's legitimate!

s/o juleocesar : Really a pleasure to have had the chance to mate with you, you were there for the whole team, in defeat or victory without ever blaming anyone and even comforting. You're doing great in the game too! Really a golden guy, and I wish you good luck for your future tournaments.

s/o Dragon Expert Soma : I know you had some problems on the game, and you were right to talk about it, but I think you are really nice, and good at it. Don't let it get to you, and if you have any problems, I can always try to help you. All this to say, don't give up on this! And maybe we'll play on the same team in the future.

s/o diegoblu : I think you did very well in the tournament and I wish you success in the future!

s/o Ron and txitxas : Sorry, you're the ones I talked to the least, but I still think that, you were cool and you contributed to the team!

s/o Leafium Z : Always a pleasure to know you since the mwp, you have a better sense of humor (equality) than this fraud of Elyoss (you saw I placed you <3), and we'll see you soon I hope!
Thanks to the other helpers for your investment!

I don't think I forgot anyone, but as I'm an airhead it's possible, to conclude, a tournament that I enjoyed, with a well run and very funny team. :heart:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)