Project Monotype Battle of the Week! [MWP Hiatus]

Havens

WGI World Champion
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Whoops, sorry about that guys. I kinda forgot to do deadline as I was out in appreciation of Veterans Day. The battle between Thorn and Sabella was also moved back to today or tomorrow for that exact same reason.

So as we wait for the battle, Week 8 voting is now up. Same tier, USM Monotype. We are back to our regularly scheduled Thursday deadline.

I'm nominating Ssalbap, Cam, and Trichotomy.

edit: Lax and Sabella will be playing tomorrow, time TBD.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zap

Havens

WGI World Champion
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hey guys, I apologize in advance for the lack of Week 7, and just the amount of late battles that seem to have been pouring every other week. So a couple of things.

Firstly, for the remainder of this cycle, Thorn will be softbanned from being nominated. Despite being nominated numerous times, often as the top selection, there has been little to no cooperation into actually getting these battles done and creates a scenario that is an obstruction in the process, going back to Week 2 where he communicated at the last possible minute that he could not compete, and up this current Week 7 where he has not attempted to respond to Sabella's battle request even at this point less than a full week later. It's a shame I have to do this and I apologize to anyone and everyone that wanted to see him compete.

Furthermore, Sabella has two options he can utilize to make up for Thorn's absence, being:
A) He may challenge Leru if his schedule has now cleared him at this point in time, or
B) Challenge Lax instead, who was the 2nd runner up (4th place) for that week.
This is to ensure that a battle is done and the community gets to experience high level play. Like many others, this battle will have an extension.

I would like to extend my sincerest apologies to Sabella, as he, and still is, taking the initiative to provide you all with high quality battles for our ever growing community. Upon that same note, I feel that I also need to apologize to the community for the seemingly constant theme of delayed battles every other week, which delays the process. I will be talking to our moderators in the very near future to discuss how we can effectively display these battles to you and get back on track with the purpose of this project. Thank you all again for your patience, and I apologize again for any and all inconveniences that this has brought.

lax

cloutimus maximus
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnuswon the 10th Official Ladder Tournamentis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
RBTT Champion
sab hit me up like 30 minutes ago asking if i wanted to play for this thing so why not. i'll go over the games briefly

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7monotype-835197367 https://pokepast.es/bc2b0962c0eb41ed

i had an ho psy team a long time ago and this is the edited version cuz i lost the pokepaste of the other one a while back. my deo s set fucks ground up so i thought of it was my wincon and it did a good job forcing things out and put in a little work. my original thought process was to trade rocks so duggy sash is broken and i can kill it but he used tspikes so i was forced to fog. he was using scarf duggy and trapped it but i knew i could win off sash zam at the end so i just focused on chipping his gliscor to win with it.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7monotype-835203241 https://pokepast.es/7d669d7ca10275f2

i lost this if he used any other tran set but i kept staying in with aggron because without skarm it put a huge dent into his team but i messed up the early turns with it so it was kinda wasted. i basically only won cuz my tran has earth power and his doesn't

Havens

WGI World Champion
oy, thanks again to Sabella and Lax for doing this on very short notice, and congrats on your win Lax~

If you voted for Lax during Week 8, he is now ineligible to be voted on this week, and therefore you may change your vote (myself included). That is all~

Last edited:

Havens

WGI World Champion
Whoops. Voting is done! The top 3 nominations this week are as follows:
Ssalbap: 7
Cam: 6
Waszap: 4

Asa a result, this week’s battle is Yaksok vs Cam! Same Sunday deadline, post your time in the thread. Good luck~

Edit: for the people that don’t know, Yaksok is Ssalbap’s alt lol

Havens

WGI World Champion
Cam and Ssalbap will get their battles done, no worries they have an extension. However, I've decided to put BotW on a one week hiatus for everyone to enjoy Thanksgiving and as well as their time traveling and seeing their loved ones. BotW will start back up the week after on Monday, November 26th. Please everyone, have a happy holidays~

Edit: Waszap > Cam

Last edited:

Havens

WGI World Champion
Welcome back everyone! Hopefully you've all had a wonderful holidays, but let's get back into it. The Week 9 Nomination stage is up. The tier is Monotype LC. Same deadlines apply~

I vote for Torkool, Nailec, and Kingler12345

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)