Mono Normal Elite 4

My friends and I are creating a doubles Elite 4. People can challenge us and then the reigning champion with the hopes of becoming the new champion. I chose normal types as my type as I have always found them lovable. I decided on creating a trick room team after looking for a team to fit my favorite Pokémon, Snorlax. This was the best I could do with my limited competitive knowledge, and despite finding success in online play, I was wondering if anyone could help me improve it. Our only rules are no legendaries/mythicals.

Naomi (Farigiraf) (F) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Armor Tail
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 244 HP / 132 Def / 72 SpA / 52 SpD / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Protect
- Trick Room
- Reflect
My starting trickroom setter. Naomi and my toucannon are sent out first in the majority of my battles. This is as they both have a secondary type resisting fighting, which is my types only major weakness. I made them bulky and gave them a sitrus berry to ensure they survive the first round of combat. Their armor tail ability is also incredibly useful as it prevents turn one fakeouts hindering my setup, and priority moves from working around my trickroom. I can’t decide if dazzling gleam or light screen would be more effective than my current moves.

Benjamin (Ursaluna) @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Facade
- Headlong Rush
- Swords Dance
- Protect
Benjamin is my endgame sweeper. His ability guts makes it so he gets a massive buff from his flame orb, allowing me to one shot most Pokemon with facade and headlong rush. Benjamin has easily proven himself a valuable member of the team. My only problems are that he is often sent too late game for me to be able to set up swords dance.

Herbert (Porygon2) @ Eviolite
Ability: Download
Tera Type: Ice
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 16 SpA / 92 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Trick Room
- Recover
Herbert is my secondary trickroom setter. I often send him out on the last turn or two of my first trickroom. His high bulk + eviolite + recover make him easily able to set up trickroom again. Not only that, but he often remains on the field to the end of the game. My main problem with him is that he is not often able to do much damage after setting up trickroom. His ice beams are effective against the occasional dragonite, but other than that I find it hard to deal effective damage with him. I am also rarely able to get a free switch with him as like I said, he basically never dies.

Pancake (Snorlax) @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Thick Fat
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Ice Punch
- Fire Punch
- Heavy Slam
- Rest
Pancake is my best Boi. He effectively eats up damage, and restores his heath fully + status conditions with one rest thanks to his chesto berry. I am looking to improve his moveset, but I don’t see myself getting rid of this lovable gentlemen.
Theodore (Toucannon) @ Life Orb
Ability: Skill Link
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 128 HP / 252 Atk / 128 SpA
Brave Nature
- Boomburst
- Beak Blast
- Bullet Seed
- Overheat
Theodore has proven to be an increddibly useful Pokémon. At first I was skeptical of using a toucannon, but his skill link bullet seed can be incredibly damaging. At first I used brave bird, but found the combo of brave bird and life orb always resulted in him killing himself. I found beak blast to be much more effective as like I mentioned, I start with him in the front of the party. This means that the one turn my opponents outspeed they are often burned by beak blast.

Grace (Arboliva) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Seed Sower
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 164 HP / 252 SpA / 92 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Energy Ball
- Earth Power
- Hyper Voice
- Dazzling Gleam
Grace is often the least useful of my teammates. She is primarily on the team for coverage, and her ability is very useful. Despite this, she is often killed in one or two hits despite my hp and SPD investments and the assault vest. She is the member of the team I am most looking for improvements on.

If any of you have suggestions for moves, Items, or better Pokémon I would love to hear it. Thank you for reading.

VicBossMG

MGS enthusiast
is an official Team Rateris a Tiering Contributor
Hey for Arboliva I would suggest

(Arboliva) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Seed Sower
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 164 HP / 252 SpA / 92 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Energy Ball
- Earth Power
- Tera blast
- alluring voice

alluring voice has a 100% to confuse the opponent if you they use a boosting move for example, latias going for calm mind and you predict it and they will get 100% confuse while also being a fairy coverage. I suggest Tera fire as a way to eat a hit from heatran and hit back with earth power and Tera blast is already stab before Tera is used and can help vs potentially skarm or corv trying to set up or get hazards.

For Snorlax:

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Body Slam/fire punch
- Curse
- Earthquake
- Rest

i think the standard curse set max sp def and Hp with rest is good enough and with seed power giving you grassy terrain you can make EQ 50% less if you Tera Poison which also gives you a poison immunity vs gliscor and a fighting resist if needed on your team. EQ for you hit steel types and body slam for potential para chances and STAB, but can be replsced with fire punch for corv, skarm, and gholdengo. i prefer leftovers for the passive healing if you happen to get enough curses you’ll just sit there for awhile

for Ursaluna:

Ursaluna @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
- Facade
- Headlong Rush
- Swords Dance
- Fire Punch

pretty much the same set, but you don’t need protect as you’re already bulky enough and fire punch can be there instead, but if you want protect can potentially drop SD for it since you’ll be hitting incredibly hard anyway with the boost from guts and tera normal to really maximize the facade and get OHKOs you might miss out on.

quick note for Farigiraf you should add Psyshock over Psychic since it targets a Pokemons physical defense over special defense which can help vs blissey and clodsire.

over Toucannon I would suggest Cinccino:

Cinccino @ Loaded Dice
Ability: Technician
Tera Type: Ice/ Grass
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Tidy Up
- Bullet Seed
- Triple Axel/ tail slap
- Knock off/rock blast

This pokemon recently got buff with triple axel and tidy up allowing it to get rid of hazards since you lack hazard control and with the ability technician and the item loaded dice you boost bullet seed, rock blast, triple axel, and tail slap since they are below 60 BSP and get a 1.5% boost to all moves. Knock off is a suggestion vs gholdengo If needed, but overall this Pokémon have perfe coverage that you can use and loaded dice allows 4-5 hits on your moves basically like skill link and gives you a fast late game sweeper if you dont have trick room anymore. Another option you can add over knock can be encore to lock your opponents into a move which can allow you to set up more tidy ups to sweep.

hope these suggestions help and good luck with your normal Elite 4!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)