Monotype mono fairy - need help implementing stronger mons

Hey there everybody!
In this post I'm going to be showing you my mono fairy team because I need help implementing stronger mons.
the reason i'm trying to swap out some of the memebers is because I can only ever peak 1300 in the monotype ladder and I feel it's because my current team has easy counterplay / useless mons.
anyhow enjoy

Klefki @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Spikes
- Toxic
the basic screen setter and spike layer, not much to say other than this guy is pretty vital for my azu's survivability. at first I would always send klefki out as the first Pokémon but i've realized he usually serves his purpose better after i've tested the waters, checked for taunts etc.

Mimikyu @ Life Orb
Ability: Disguise
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw
- Shadow Sneak
- Drain Punch
revenge killer of the century, this guys is an absolute power house and has been able to wipe entire ghost teams just because of his insane speed, it's usuallythe same formula of 1. sword dance while soaking damage because of disguise 2. big damage with drainpunch for good coverage

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
the ace up my sleeve, a belly drum behind screens with spikes setup on the opposite side usually spells disaster for the enemy, knock off and play rough give me great coverage and azu can actually manage to outspeed some lowspeed, higish defense mons that would have taken 2 aqua jets to kill.

Hatterene @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Draining Kiss
- Mystical Fire
hatterene is mixed feeling if mixed feeling were a pokemon on my team. there a very few occasions where this pokemon does well, the only amazing thing going for it is magic bounce, usually this is my opener as i've found putting her anywhere else just makes her useless. only ever good against dragon teams and i'm looking to replace this pokemon unless yall have any better builds for her as mine is probably quite novice.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Soft-Boiled
it either takes out half the pokemon on their team or is useless, I think the fact that I've chosen hatterene as my new open really nerfs it too as it never seem s to be able to get any setup done well anymore, honestly I think I rely wayyyyy too much on setup in this team, just about every mon relies on spamming status and then hopefully killing if they ain't killed first.

Togekiss @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Air Slash
- Flamethrower
- Aura Sphere
while writing this I've just come to the conclusion that this is possibly the weakest link on my team, not enough stats to survive damage to setup nasty plot or fight back not enough stats to kill not enough speed to do much of anything, a literal burden to the team, the only thing good about this pokemon is air slash and even that doesn't come in use much. I've used this pokemon every which way and out of the all the games I've played i can say with confidence it's been useful in about 2.

Thank you all for reading, any advice or tips would be highly appreciated.

Hi and welcome, i will help you with your Monotype team!

Firstly, i putted it to a pokepaste as it helps to get a better sight on it.
https://pokepast.es/77516dabb1e81cc8

You said that you rely too much on setup sweepers and this isn't a real problem as that's what Fairy usually does, just setting up with strong breakers.
The sets are fine but you are missing all Tapu's which is pretty huge, especially as a couple of them are usually needed on Fairy teams. We are then going to surely make 2 changes and i will also change Hatterene as you asked for it.

Major changes:
:tapu-bulu:>:mimikyu: Mimikyu is really cool but Bulu is basically needed here. It helps a lot vs tons of matchups, it can help with Fairy's lack of a Electric immunity, it just punches holes in Water, Grass, Rock teams while also being very helpful and capable to get kills against Steel and Poison teams. We can just run a standard SD + 3A set.

Code:
Tapu Bulu @ Babiri Berry 
Ability: Grassy Surge 
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 16 SpD / 144 Spe 
Adamant Nature 
- Swords Dance 
- Horn Leech 
- Close Combat 
- High Horsepower
Babiri Berry can be helfpul to kill Excadrill while the coverage is capable to create trouble to Poison and Steel teams.

:tapu-koko: > :togekiss: Koko can be helfpul for many things. First of all, it helps vs Electric along with Bulu as Bulu+Koko can do well as Koko can help Bulu dealing with Zapdos. Koko can also be a strong setup sweeper but can also use some more defensive sets to provide more utility. I think we have enough breakers so I would use the pivot set here as there aren't any matchups that we need to cover at all if not being able to wear down teams such as Electric and Flying.

Code:
Tapu Koko @ Rocky Helmet 
Ability: Electric Surge 
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 Spe 
Timid Nature 
- Discharge 
- U-turn 
- Toxic 
- Roost
:tapu-lele:>:hatterene: This change isn't really needed at all as Hatterene does very well against Dragon and Dark or even Poison which is pretty much what Lele will do here as well, but you wanted this to be changed so here we are. I would just run Scarf Lele here as this allows you to easily clean up Dark and Dragon teams but also provides a form of speed control which is never bad altho not 100% needed (Scarf users such as Drill could be annoying without) while it can also help vs Flying matchup and generally is just a strong mon that does well vs many things. I would go for STABS + Fblast + Tbolt as they can cover pretty much everything you need.

Code:
Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf 
Ability: Psychic Surge 
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe 
Timid Nature 
- Psychic 
- Moonblast 
- Focus Blast 
- Thunderbolt
You can run 36 SpD EVs to live a +1 Fire Blast from Timid Volcarona but you have Azumarill so it isn't needed at all but it can be helpful to don't risk Azu to get burned.

This team should do pretty well altho you also have to play it well
Here is a version of the team with the suggestions i made you:
https://pokepast.es/da58de32da580f1c

I hope this helps and feel free to ask any questions!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)