Pending Modlog customization (Double post, sry)

If possible, I'd definitely like it if there was a way to turn certain parts of the modlog off and on. For examples, if I didn't want to see everytime someone added a quote I could just do "/modlog addquote, off", or if I only want to see when a certain user does something I could do "/modlog off" and then "/Modlog [User], on".

And to be clear, when I say modlog I mean the messages that only staff see but in real time. Also note that this suggestion is coming mainly from the fact that I'm not very used to seeing a message telling me something happened nor do I want to be so take this with a grain of salt :smogduck:

DaWoblefet

Demonstrably so
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
If you're trying to see all actions from a specific person taking a specific action, you can use /modlog staff = nameofperson, action = whatever, or just view all punishment history via /punishlog staff = nameofperson. If you're trying to just review a room's recent moderation history you can just do /punishlog. Do commands like these do what you're looking to do?

Felucia

Robot Empress
is a Forum Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
If you're trying to see all actions from a specific person taking a specific action, you can use /modlog staff = nameofperson, action = whatever, or just view all punishment history via /punishlog staff = nameofperson. If you're trying to just review a room's recent moderation history you can just do /punishlog. Do commands like these do what you're looking to do?
I'm pretty confident OP isn't talking about the modlog command but rather privatemodmessage responses in the room. All the funny messages in (parentheses) sent in the room when someone takes a mod action. If I'm understanding the suggestion correctly, Hiusi guy wants to be able to hide those messages for certain actions, I assume to prevent cluttering their screen with useless information

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
I'm opposed to allowing moderators to hide mod messages in chat. These can provide important information about whats going on and only some staff seeing them can cause confusion and problems. Wouldn't it just be better to clear out some of the less important private mod action messages?

On that topic: Which ones are flooding the chat? I'll also ask if its a specific moderator or moderators flooding the chat with these based on OP asking if they could ignore mod actions except from specific people. Your welcome to contact me privately if desired.

Which ones are flooding the chat?
It's not that anyone is flooding just that I figured if this were to be added that would also be apart of the options mainly because you can filter /modlog by user, if anything the only one flooding is iolanthe who is a bot who can set tours so ofc it kinda is.

I see the problem with certain things only being seen by some so it could be made to where you can't turn off modnotes so that private communication about important changes are always possible. I don't mean to say this is a full proof way but definitely an option if this were to be implemented

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)