Modding Pokemon Showdown

Hey all, just wondering if anyone has any info on how to make a showdown mod. I am quite familiar with the modding itself and how to edit Pokemon/add new ones to the source code, however, I am struggling to get it on a server to let others play it online (mainly me and my friends). I am able to host the server from my computer, it just isn't agreeing with me for some reason. Is anyone who is familiar with the server workings of showdown able to help? I'll send more details if you are willing to help. Thanks a bunch!

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Hi, whats your question/whats the problem? I have quite a bit to do currently so I may be slow to respond.

Hey Hoeen, I'm attempting to make a mod where I add in a bunch of new Pokemon, mainly for me and my friends to mess around with. I have the mean to run a server from my computer so that we can play online, but when I launch it from my edited server files, it doesn't connect and it also doesn't carry over my changes that I made. When I launch it from an unedited version of the file, it connects but has a weird error that says, "A friends child process crashed: Error: read ECONNRESET" and then "The server needs to restart because of a crash." I'm not 100% sure of what the issue is, so I was wanting a fresh set of eyes for the files. If it helps, I start the server by opening a terminal from the server file and typing "./pokemon-showdown". I'll send my edited version of the server file as soon as it's done zipping (taking forever), and I can send screenshots of the error reports as well if you'd like. Thank you so much, and don't worry about responding time, it's not a rush at all. I could also message you on discord if that would work better for you.

Attachments

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Hey Hoeen, I'm attempting to make a mod where I add in a bunch of new Pokemon, mainly for me and my friends to mess around with. I have the mean to run a server from my computer so that we can play online, but when I launch it from my edited server files, it doesn't connect and it also doesn't carry over my changes that I made. When I launch it from an unedited version of the file, it connects but has a weird error that says, "A friends child process crashed: Error: read ECONNRESET" and then "The server needs to restart because of a crash." I'm not 100% sure of what the issue is, so I was wanting a fresh set of eyes for the files. If it helps, I start the server by opening a terminal from the server file and typing "./pokemon-showdown". I'll send my edited version of the server file as soon as it's done zipping (taking forever), and I can send screenshots of the error reports as well if you'd like. Thank you so much, and don't worry about responding time, it's not a rush at all. I could also message you on discord if that would work better for you.
discord would be best yes, HoeenHero#5770.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)