Rejected Mock/Test Battles

I think maybe Pokemon Showdown should have a testing/mock battle mode so when we want to test one of our Pokemon teams we can select what team we want the AI to use and we select what team we want to use. This way we won't have to rely on other people to test team and move-set composition.

You could select which of your saved teams for the AI to use and it can just use your avatar and it would take the name of your team or player name.

Kalalokki

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sprite Leader
You could also open up another window in something like incognito mode, use another name, and then challenge yourself that way. No need to create some intricate system. Most AIs aren't that good at battling either, so they'll never be as useful as testing against another person.

Last edited:

Ivy

resident enigma
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor
There is a battle bot on the ROM server, though you can't upload your own teams; you have to go with whichever random sample it chooses to use.

pre

pkmn.cc
We've discussed making the RandomPlayerAI available for interactive testing through the UI, but it would mainly be useful for saving time from a developer/debugging POV and less so from a team testing POV, as playing against a completely random opponent is not really going to offer much insight. Making a fully featured AI that is useful for this purpose is out of scope for Pokémon Showdown, though as others in this thread have suggested, developers from the community have created battle bots that could likely be extended to meet your needs.

You could also open up another window in something like incognito mode, use another name, and then challenge yourself that way. No need to create some intricate system. Most AIs aren't that good at battling either, so they'll never be as useful as testing against another person.
Thank u very much I did as u said and I've been having a great time with it so thanks a lot

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)