Minun is Power

What kind of set-up do you usually use?

• Spikes/Toxic Spikes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Reflect/Light Screen

• Other (stat drops, stat swaps, ability swaps, etc)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Minun @ Red Card
Ability: Minus or Volt Absorb
Nature: Bold (+ Defense, - Attack)
EV's: 4 HP, 220 Defense, 32 Sp. Defense, 252 Speed
IV's: Perfect or missing Attack
- Thunderbolt
- Nuzzle
- Nasty Plot/Agility
- Baton Pass

Basically, the idea here is to make a set-up that won't be easily taken out. With the Red Card, anyone who makes a hit gets switched out of battle. With Volt Absorb, you get an imunity to Electric-type moves, which restore HP. But with Minus, you could put in another Pokémon and wreck with that 50% increase in Sp. Attack. Considering Minun's mediocre Defenses, the idea is to put as much as possible into Defense and help out the Sp. Defense a little as well. The max Speed helps set up faster and do what you can before getting KO'd.
Now on to the moves. Thunderbolt provides a STAB move used in case of a last resort. Nuzzle is basically a better version of Thunder Wave because you still inflict a little damage with guaranteed paralysis. You can choose to Baton Pass either three stages of Sp. Attack onto a special sweeper with one Nasty Plot, or three stages of Speed onto a strong sweeper who needs it with one Agility. Or you could just use it strictly for Minun. Baton Pass is the key point here in that Minun is mainly a support Pokémon who helps out sweepers wonderfully.

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
But in all seriousness iliketoeatcereal first off welcome to smogon, second we don't allow individual Pokemon threads in NU and while Minun can be fun I suggest next time you post in the np thread found [thread=np-stage-2-you-spin-me-round-like-a-shellfish.3516675/]here[/thread] or if you would like a mentor you can find one [thread=new-users-introduction-and-hangout-thread-read-the-first-post.3508367/]here[/thread].

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)