Pending Minor Random Battles QoL (Speed Tiers)

To my understanding, there are only two numbers possible for the listed possible Speed stats in Random Battles. The lowest number, and the highest number (90 EVs like all stats). Correct me if wrong. The lowest number being only on sets with the move Trick Room, correct me if wrong.

I notice a lot of new players (including myself, when I started years ago) don't realize that in Random Battles, it's not really a range. I think it'd be nice Quality of Life to implement either of these two suggestions of making it more clear:

1. Simply removing the range, and just listing the two possible numbers, disregarding if that Pokemon can actually use Trick Room. Only minimum and maximum speed for the Pokemon is list, meaning that new players are likely to assume the higher number most of the time. The only potential downside is that new players see this as say, a 50/50 for the Pokemon to have either one.

2. Being even more clear. If the Pokemon cannot have the minimum Speed spread, it is not listed, leaving an exact Speed stat for almost every Pokemon in Random Battles. This isn't too much information, considering hundreds and thousands of games of Random Battles are played with both players knowing this. I think this can only stand to improve the (new) user's experience, as this is a common pitfall I've seen many people who are new to it fall into. If a Pokemon has Trick Room as a potential set, both numbers are listed. This preserves the guessing game with Pokemon that are not guaranteed to have the move, but can.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)