Format Discussion Metronome Battle

You're right

the actual purpose of this team, is for the magikarp to die turn 1, giving shedinja sturdy. So it both makes a broken mon AND breaks any kind of impostor team.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9metronomebattle-2072729144-z3a4dymd9ig3k6yo2ohzmbyl8m8j89epw

The only way to win this is to get either disable, or perish song (but that doesnt even guarantee a win) it forces you to be either slower, or very lucky.

So, in conclusion, Ban Receiver + Sturdy so both of these problems go away.
I disagree.

I’ve used a team similar to this (replacing Magikarp with life orb Deoxys attack) and the team is terrible.
There are so many things that could go wrong such as shedinja dying first, getting your ability changed, running out of pp, etc. Overall I think there is no reason for banning this team, as there isn’t any big problems caused by it.

You're right

the actual purpose of this team, is for the magikarp to die turn 1, giving shedinja sturdy. So it both makes a broken mon AND breaks any kind of impostor team.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9metronomebattle-2072729144-z3a4dymd9ig3k6yo2ohzmbyl8m8j89epw

The only way to win this is to get either disable, or perish song (but that doesnt even guarantee a win) it forces you to be either slower, or very lucky.

this team is borderline unusable cause of pp. If you run out of pp 1st shed dies to struggle damage. if they run out of pp 1st, struggle goes through sturdy and you die. The only way to win with it is if shed naturally kos them b4 pp runs out (and its a 1v2 so thats hard) or if one of their mons get koed and the other gets brought into struggle ko range the turn you lose pp, then kill them with stuggle (assuming they don't outspend and use struggle first), which needless to say, isn't gonna happen consistently. and thats not to mention other problems like rolling a recoil move, getting statused, confusion, and more

So yeah, its really fine, don't think it needs to be banned

this team is borderline unusable cause of pp. If you run out of pp 1st shed dies to struggle damage. if they run out of pp 1st, struggle goes through sturdy and you die. The only way to win with it is if shed naturally kos them b4 pp runs out (and its a 1v2 so thats hard) or if one of their mons get koed and the other gets brought into struggle ko range the turn you lose pp, then kill them with stuggle (assuming they don't outspend and use struggle first), which needless to say, isn't gonna happen consistently. and thats not to mention other problems like rolling a recoil move, getting statused, confusion, and more

So yeah, its really fine, don't think it needs to be banned
Getting hit by Struggle is just a regular move and doesn't pierce Sturdy, which means Shedinja has an extra chance to stall to win with paralysis or something, but otherwise this is spot on as to why this infamous strategy has been the opposite of broken since 2019, and even in the time when Sturdinja was fully unbanned it just ended up being boring and led to everyone running counter abilities to relegate it to low ladder anyway. I think Imposter having a bugged interaction with Receiver/Power of Alchemy is funny though.

Getting hit by Struggle is just a regular move and doesn't pierce Sturdy, which means Shedinja has an extra chance to stall to win with paralysis or something, but otherwise this is spot on as to why this infamous strategy has been the opposite of broken since 2019, and even in the time when Sturdinja was fully unbanned it just ended up being boring and led to everyone running counter abilities to relegate it to low ladder anyway. I think Imposter having a bugged interaction with Receiver/Power of Alchemy is funny though.
when i was using it, shed would always die b4 pp ran out or lose pp 1st so i never got to that interaction lol. I thought struggle was immune to abilities but i guess not. but yeah it still a pretty bad strategy even with a struggle immunity

You're right

Despite the interface bug, the game is very capable of finishing despite needing to submit moves for both Imposters every turn:

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9metronomebattle-2072738190

All the Sturdy Receiver player has to do is to submit their final move after the Imposter player has submitted both of theirs. Cancel and resubmit your own move if necessary.

Of course, the Sturdy Receiver player could be a griefer and submit their moves ASAP, thus forcing the timer to run out....
As a workaround you cant type /choose move 1, pass or /choose pass, move 1 in the chat. That should work.
The Client seems to think that the fainted blissey (which the client identifies with 0HP) is still alive and tries to send a move option, which obviously does not work D:

Last edited:
Has anyone here tried making an Aerilate team? This is my best experiment so far

Pokestar UFO @ Choice Band
Ability: Delta Stream
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Brave Nature
- Metronome

Ampharos-Mega @ Choice Specs
Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Metronome

Has anyone here tried making an Aerilate team? This is my best experiment so far

Pokestar UFO @ Choice Band
Brave Nature
- Metronome

Ampharos-Mega @ Choice Specs
Quiet Nature
- Metronome
Aerilate (and all the other -ate abilities) are my personally favourite abilities in metronome and I’ve tested them a lot.
I specifically have 3 teams to take advantage of it.

Joe (Pokestar UFO) @ Covert Cloak
Brave Nature
- Metronome

Harold (Heracross-Mega) (M) @ Choice Band
Shiny: Yes
Brave Nature
- Metronome
This is basically the same as your team but with Heracross instead. I think Heracross is more useful due to there being more normal type physical moves.

Delta (Pokestar UFO) @ Covert Cloak
Tera Type: Poison
Brave Nature
- Metronome

Alpha (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Choice Band
Brave Nature
- Metronome
This is the same thing but with a usable special attack and stronger flying stab. However I think this is worse because it does less damage overall.

Lol (Pinsir) (M) @ Pinsirite
Ability: Intrepid Sword
Brave Nature
- Metronome

Bruh (Slowbro-Mega) (M) @ Choice Specs
Quiet Nature
- Metronome
Finally, this team is the most unique. It uses a cool strat where you use intrepid sword and then mega to basically get 2 abilities without the drawback of a choice item. It’s also paired with Slowbro because of it’s amazing defense and really good special attack.

I think this is the most successful aerilate will ever be because of the omnipresence of mega venusaur and flower veil teams (that’s also why pixilate fell off a cliff in viability). I think it’s the best anti-meta option.

Aerilate (and all the other -ate abilities) are my personally favourite abilities in metronome and I’ve tested them a lot.
I specifically have 3 teams to take advantage of it.

Joe (Pokestar UFO) @ Covert Cloak
Brave Nature
- Metronome

Harold (Heracross-Mega) (M) @ Choice Band
Brave Nature
- Metronome
This is basically the same as your team but with Heracross instead. I think Heracross is more useful due to there being more normal type physical moves.

Delta (Pokestar UFO) @ Covert Cloak
Tera Type: Poison
Brave Nature
- Metronome

Alpha (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Choice Band
Brave Nature
- Metronome
This is the same thing but with a usable special attack and stronger flying stab. However I think this is worse because it does less damage overall.

Lol (Pinsir) (M) @ Pinsirite
Ability: Intrepid Sword
Brave Nature
- Metronome

Bruh (Slowbro-Mega) (M) @ Choice Specs
Quiet Nature
- Metronome
Finally, this team is the most unique. It uses a cool strat where you use intrepid sword and then mega to basically get 2 abilities without the drawback of a choice item. It’s also paired with Slowbro because of it’s amazing defense and really good special attack.

I think this is the most successful aerilate will ever be because of the omnipresence of mega venusaur and flower veil teams (that’s also why pixilate fell off a cliff in viability). I think it’s the best anti-meta option.
These are all pretty sick builds. Hard vouch on Aerialate though; I've been running it on Ting-Lu on the typical flower veil team w/M-Venusaur and it's come in handy quite often, not only for the grass mirror but also for ghost teams with how frequent they tend to be (especially Good as Gold for the full diet Gholdengo experience). Having a bigger chunk of rolls actually just hit is a big difference maker compared to other abilities I've ran on Ting-Lu previously.

Refrigerate has some good overlap with Aerialate but the latter feels like it has more coverage with common mon picks, not just grass but stuff like M-Hera, Iron Valiant or M-Pinsir.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)