Metamons!

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Scoopapa Decidueye is supposed to be a physical attacker. Make the attack stat higher and your sub is otherwise fine.

Also SteelixPrismGX your Necrozma sub looks OP. As if the great bulk and typing, titanic Special Attack and serviceable speed weren't enough, Psychic Surge seals the deal as it being unbalanced to me, and unless you nerf it or can prove it's not broken and should be given a chance somehow, it'll be disqualified come voting time.

Also SteelixPrismGX your Necrozma sub looks OP. As if the great bulk and typing, titanic Special Attack and serviceable speed weren't enough, Psychic Surge seals the deal as it being unbalanced to me, and unless you nerf it or can prove it's not broken and should be given a chance somehow, it'll be disqualified come voting time.
Ok, ok, I gave Psychic Surge the boot and replaced it with Trace (A slightly inconsistent ability which still has it uses).

Name: Archeops
Stats: 65 / 145 / 45 / 120 / 45 / 155 (BST 575)
Typing: Rock/Flying
Abilities: Defeatist
Movepool Changes: + Brave Bird, Fire Blast, Overheat, Hurricane. - Defog
How does this fulfill the concept?: Strong STABs backed up by high Atk/SpA, at the cost of both having recoil damage, preventing you from spamming them. Unless you have a strong Steel Type that doesn't fear Earthquake, you will have a rough time switching into this variant, able to outspeed even Electrode, even more if Z-Moves remove the recoil damage. However, it's frailty makes it easy to revenge kill with priority & Trick Room.
Sample Sets:
Archeops @ Flyinium Z / Rockium Z
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Brave Bird
- Stone Edge / Head Smash
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast / Overheat

Archeops @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive/Naughty Nature
- Brave Bird
- Head Smash
- Earthquake
- U-turn / Fire Blast / Overheat

Hey, this is great otherwise but 155 speed alongside that level of power is too good. Reduce the speed to something more reasonable.

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Stats: 75/120/75/120/75/110 (575 BST)
Typing: Rock/Flying
Abilties: Defeatist
Movepool Changes: +Hurricane
How does this fulfill the concept?:
Good mixed attacker with Stone Edge and Hurricane, with good speed to boot. However, its frailty and Defeatist don’t go well together, and it has some 4MSS, wanting to have coverage and support moves like Stealth Rock and Roost at the same time.

Name: Decidueye
Stats: 90/114/85/80/105/60 (534 BST)
Typing: Grass/Ghost (can i make this Flying/Ghost instead?)
Abilties: Overgrow / Prankster
Movepool Changes: +Perish Song, +Disable, +Taunt
How does this fulfill the concept?: Solid Perish Song trapper with good support moves. Again, has 4MSS (Spirit Shackle, Roost, Protect, Disable, Perish Song, Taunt) and is hard walled and Pursuit trapped by Electrode.

Name: Necrozma
Stats: 107/103/107/103/107/73 (600 BST)
Typing: Psychic
Abilties: Prism Armor / Magic Guard
Movepool Changes: +Nasty Plot, +Aura Sphere
How does this fulfill the concept?: Magic Guard works well on both offensive and defensive sets, negating Life Orb recoil on Rock Polish-Swords Dance/Nasty Plot sets and negating status damage on Iron Defense/Calm Mind sets. Like Decidueye, it’s pursuit trapped by Electrode and checked by other Dark, Psychic, and Steel types.

Stats: 85 / 71 / 105 / 140 / 119 / 110 (630 BST)
Typing: Psychic / Steel
Abilities: Prism Armor / Trace
I still think this is too strong. I would reference the spreadsheet to see what the level of power in this mod is. I'd say it's kind of like a UU level. 140 SpA / 110 Spe is the same as I have on my Archeops sub, and on a bulky Steel type with Prism Armor and reliable recovery it will be broken for sure.

I still think this is too strong. I would reference the spreadsheet to see what the level of power in this mod is. I'd say it's kind of like a UU level. 140 SpA / 110 Spe is the same as I have on my Archeops sub, and on a bulky Steel type with Prism Armor and reliable recovery it will be broken for sure.
I reduced Necrozma's special attack by 10 points (hopefully this will make it balanced at last...).

Archeops
Stats: 121/140/51/122/51/110 (595)
Typing: Flying/Rock
Movepool Changes: +Rock Wrecker, +Brave Bird
Rock Wrecker gives Archeops an extremely powerful move it can use to Z with, while Brave Bird is a more reliable STAB. A higher HP stat lets it actually use its recoil moves without activating Defeatist immediately.

Decidueye
Stats: 78/107/75/90/90/115 (555)
Typing: Grass/Ghost
Ability: Overgrow/Pilot
Pilot: Flying-type Steelworker
Movepool Changes: +Calm Mind, +Taunt
A high Speed stat and Taunt lets Decidueye take advantage of Mons it traps, allowing it to set up, healing off with Roost and potentially Passing boosts.

Necrozma
Stats: 100/100/90/100/100/90 (580)
Ability: Prism Armor/Tinted Lens
Movepool Changes: +Refresh
High, but even stats. Prism Armor lets it be more bulky, while Tinted Lens lets it break through teams easier.

Last edited:

Necrozma
Stats: 100/100/90/100/100/90 (580)
Ability: Prism Armor/Illusion
Movepool Changes: +Refresh
High, but even stats. Prism Armor lets it be more bulky, while Illusion can potentially give it setup opportunities.

Hey, can you remove or replace Illusion as an ability? We plan to introduce Zoroark in a future slate and Zors concept is based around Illusion.

DuoM2

whao
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Probably shouldn't have waited until the midnight before to sub but I forgot. Hopefully these are balanced enough.

Decidueye
Stats: 90/110/80/70/114/70 (534)
Typing: Grass/Ghost
Ability: Overgrow / Long Reach
Movepool Changes: +Taunt, Refresh, -Defog, Swords Dance
Description: This Decidueye now has pretty good special bulk that should allow it to take special hits better, although it would probably need to watch out a bit more with the physical side. I got rid of Defog and Swords Dance so it wouldn't be tempted to go against its role, and I gave it Taunt because of how nice trapping can be against defensive Pokemon. Refresh is kind of an "other option" sorta thing, I imagine it would mostly run Taunt/Spirit Shackle/Toxic/Roost but it possibly could drop Toxic for Refresh if the matchup calls for it. However, its physical bulk and speed are both underwhelming, so it may be easy to force out for certain teams.

Necrozma
Stats: 113/113/97/113/97/67 (600)
Ability: Prism Armor / Beast Boost
Movepool Changes: +Stone Edge, Spikes
Description: I don't think Necrozma needs many changes to be worth using here. Since I lowered its Special Attack from standard, I felt it would be nice to give it Beast Boost, since that's an ability that can benefit both attacking stats. Since I gave it Beast Boost, I didn't want to give it a good Speed stat, since I imagine something that can boost its Speed after a Swords Dance with pretty good bulk is gonna be extremely difficult to take down in some cases.

Last edited:

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Geez, this is hard...

Archeops: VernonN, Yung Dramps, SteelixPrismGX
Decidueye: Scoopapa, VernonN, Yung Dramps
Necrozma: Scoopapa, Yung Dramps, The Cruelest

Archeops: Yung Dramps, Scoopapa, VernonN
Decidueye: Yung Dramps, Anaconja, VernonN
Necrozma: Yung Dramps, Scoopapa, SteelixPrismGX

Last edited:
Vote:
Archeops: Yung Dramps, SteelixPrismGX, VernonN
Decidueye: Yung Dramps, Scoopapa, VernonN
Nerco: Yung Dramps, The Cruelest, VernonN

Change ideas:
Make moves that make you have to recharge afterwards work like they did in gen 1. If you knocked out a Pokémon with move you didn't have to recharge. If we implement this we will have to rethink what Pokémon get these moves.

Make Ice type super effective against and resist water.

Change ideas:
Make moves that make you have to recharge afterwards work like they did in gen 1. If you knocked out a Pokémon with move you didn't have to recharge. If we implement this we will have to rethink what Pokémon get these moves.
Idk, this wouldnt really affect the meta too much from what I see? It would affect submissions going forward, but at this point the only mon I can think of with a recharge move and an absurd amount of potential power is Swellow, who has Facade which is only 10 base damage lower. I suppose some pokemon like Tyrantrum who dont care about their last moveslot would use Giga Impact, and Blast Burn Delph could be nice, but overall I dont see this affecting much, which is why Im somewhat hesitant to implement it.
I do want to hear thoughts on this though, if someone can convince me that it could make enough of a difference I might put it to a council vote.
Also I dont really want to make changes to the type chart at this point tbh, the meta is somewhat stable and I dont wanna throw it into disarray so soon.

Anyways, 24 hour warning for voting! After this voting cycle we will take a 2 day break for playtesting (please if you havent already, join the discord server and test the meta with us, its a lot of fun!), and then we will move onto the next cycle.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
winners time my dudes, and only with 1 minute of delay!

Stats: 99 / 121 / 71 / 133 / 123 / 113 (660)
Typing: Ground/Flying
Abilities: Defeatist
Movepool Changes(if any): +Air Slash, Flamethrower, Superpower, -Head Smash
How does this fulfill the concept?: A near-perfect offensive Pokemon that can lay waste to anything that dares to be slower than it with its absurdly high attacking stats and arsenal of deadly coverage while taking a sizable beating for a mon of its stature on both ends... ...if you can keep it above 50% HP. If you don't, it becomes a sitting duck with its halved attacking stats.

Name: Decidueye
Stats: 81 / 100 / 80 / 82 / 81 / 110 (534)
Typing: Grass / Flying
Abilities: Overgrow / Infiltrator (HA)
Movepool Changes(if any): +Wind Shackle, +Thousand Arrows, -Brave Bird
Other Modifications:
Wind Shackle - Flying Type | Physical | 80 BP | 100% Acc. | 5-8 PP | Traps and damages for 4-5 turns
Infiltrator - now provides entry hazard immunity instead of its previous effect.

How does this fulfill the concept?: A feel-good alternate ending for Decidueye. Wind Shackle is great for chipping anything and in combo with Leech Seed and/or Toxic it can trap and break down walls. Swords Dance is an option, but it's probably better off trapping and pivoting. Thousand Arrows could empower Leaf Blade in some cases, but also gives it an arrow move and doubles down on disabling attacks.

Stats: 101 / 103 / 103 / 103 / 103 / 87 (600)
Typing: Psychic/Dark
Abilities: Prism Armor, Beast Boost
Movepool Changes(if any): -
How does this fulfill the concept?: Think of a role - any role - and Necrozma can probably do it. Sweeping on both ends? Check. Hazard setting? Check. Walling? Check.
Now sit back and wait for coding and then play the thing lol

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Sorry for the wait! Time for the new slate.

Zoroark
Concept:
Illusion lure
Restrictions:
-Must retain Illusion and have its exploitation be its primary niche.

Rotom-Frost
Concept:
BoltBeam abuser
Restrictions:
-Must remain Electric/Ice type.

Mothim
Concept:
Mixed Tinted Lens user
Restrictions:
-Must retain Tinted Lens and have its exploitation be its primary niche,
-Neither Attack stat can be reduced lower than they are normally.

Zoroark
65/115/60/120/60/111
Dark
Illusion
Movepool Changes: +Bulk Up, +Aqua Tail
Other: Illusion now negates makes Zoroark take the hazard damage the Pokemon it is disguised as would take.
A scary mixed attacker, Bulk Up gives it another move to set up with while your opponent thinks you're a different Pokemon. It outspeeds Rapidash, pressuring it offensively.

Rotom-Frost
70/65/107/107/107/99
Electric/Ice
Levitate
Movepool Changes: +Ice Beam, +Nasty Plot, +Calm Mind
Other: N/A
A Pokemon that shits on bulkier builds by setting up, spreading status and using its perfect coverage.

Mothim
70/94/70/94/70/86
Bug/Flying
Tinted Lens/Swarm
Movepool Changes: +Floaty Fall, +Leech Life, +Hurricane
Other: N/A
Can both set-up with Quiver Dance or break teams both Physically and Specially with Choice items or LO. Gets some better Physical moves to help it do that, as well as Hurricane to be generally scary.

Last edited:

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor

Name: Zoroark
Stats: 65/105/65/105/65/105 (510 BST)
Typing:
Dark/Fire
Abilities:
Illusion
Movepool Additions:
Fire Blast
Movepool Removals: Nasty Plot
Zoroark is a threatening wallbreaker because of its ability to lure and eliminate mons like Swampert and Bastiodon. However, its offensive stats are pretty lacking without Specs, and it is easy to identify due to its Stealth Rock weakness.
Sample Sets:

Zoroark @ Choice Specs / Choice Scarf
Ability: Illusion
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Grass Knot

Name: Rotom-Frost
Stats: 75/65/91/95/91/107 (520 BST)
Typing:
Electric/Ice
Abilities:
Levitate
Movepool Additions:
Ice Beam, Calm Mind
Movepool Removals: Will-o-Wisp
Rotom-Frost is a speedy attacker that has low offensive presence without Calm Mind boosts or Choice Specs
Sample Sets:

Rotom-Frost @ Choice Scarf / Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Volt Switch

Rotom-Frost @ Icium Z
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Calm Mind

Name: Mothim
Stats: 86/94/80/94/80/86 (520 BST)
Typing:
Bug/Grass
Abilities:
Swarm/Tinted Lens
Movepool Additions: Leaf Blade, Brick Break, Swords Dance
Movepool Removals: Roost
Mothim is a powerful wallbreaker that is held back by its bad defensive typing, lack of movepool, low speed, and weakness to Stealth Rock.
Sample Sets:

Mothim (M) @ Grassium Z
Ability: Tinted Lens
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Lunge
- Leaf Blade
- Brick Break

Mothim (M) @ Buginium Z
Modest / Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Mothim (M) @ Choice Specs / Choice Scarf
Timid / Modest Nature
IVs: 30 Atk
- Bug Buzz
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire] / Defog
- U-turn

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming

Name: Zoroark
Stats: 80 / 104 / 68 / 104 / 68 / 106 (530)
Typing:

Abilities: Illusion
Illusion: Displays the same HP and status conditions as the Pokemon being copied until the Illusion is broken.
Movepool Changes(if any): +Air Slash, Aqua Tail, Close Combat, Earthquake, Energy Ball, Fire Blast, Ice Punch, Night Daze, Psychic Fangs, Stone Edge, Thunderbolt
Night Daze: 55 BP Special Ghost type Fake Out clone.
How does this fulfill the concept?: While it has weaker offenses aside from Speed, it also has much more defensive utility and a majorly expanded movepool to let it copy a greater variety of teammates. Night Daze is very cool for picking off weakened foes.

Name: Rotom-Frost
Stats: 65 / 50 / 104 / 111 / 104 / 91 (525)
Typing:
/

Abilities: Levitate, Download
Movepool Changes(if any): +Freeze-Dry, Ice Beam, -Will-O-Wisp
How does this fulfill the concept?: With its abilities, stats and typing, Rotom-Frost abuses BoltBeam primarily by being a Scarfer. Aside from this though, Special walls can give it trouble, even with Download.

Name: Mothim
Stats: 66 / 114 / 61 / 105 / 60 / 114 (524 BST)
Typing:
/

Abilities:
Tinted Lens, Infiltrator
Movepool Changes(if any): +Earth Power, Focus Blast, Fly, Hurricane
Fly: No charge turn, 100% accurate.
How does this fulfill the concept?: Those Bug and Flying STABs are gonna hurt with those offenses and Tinted Lens! Its crappy bulk and Rocks weakness definitely chips down its longevity though. You could run Infiltrator to mitigate that somewhat, but that sacrifices your main source of power.

Speaking of which, I think people are misinterpreting the restrictions for Mothim. I merely stated you cannot lower Mothim's offenses below what they are in vanilla, not that they have to stay the same as vanilla. Unless that was a conscious decision, in which case forget I said this, move along

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)