Metalheads United ;D

everyone's been throwing out recommendations so idk who asked for what but I figured I'd add a few because you can never have enough good metal

How is any of this "different"? None of these bands are particularly obscure or interesting. Celtic Frost is highly influential thrash/first-wave bm. (It is also the only actually good band in the truncated selection quoted above; I suppose WitTR is about as good as atmospheric USBM gets, which is not very.) Other than the very few genuine "essentials", what comprises his list? Cheesy third-rate melodeath, saccharine European flower metal, and miscellaneous mediocrities.

Also I'm not sure in which universe being comparison with AC/DC is a good thing. Cretinous generic "hell-raising" about booze, balls, and rock-n-roll? Sounds like a party...

Have you heard monothiest? Really. Name one band aside from triptykon that sounds anything like monotheist and triptykon is the continuation of the same project.

WiiTr is The best according to me in atmosperic black metal and that is in no way even close to main stream metal hence the "different tag"

Symphonic Power metal done by a female vocalist. Nightwish is a very good band and calling it mediocre is simply ignorance on your end as they are very successful and have some very good music.

Draconian is mediocre really? have you even heard turning seasons within or do you just criticize everything you hear without really appreciating music?

I admit amon amarth wasn't really different and I really don't like them but I didn't see anymore melodic death in his list which means it was different to him cause he hasn't heard it. Though Dark Tranquillity would be a much better choice IMO.

Calling something mediocre cause you don't like it doesn't make it mediocre to everyone else fool.

And whatever you suggested is mainly old 80's and 90's metal. Most of it sounds similar. Jesus get with the fucking times...
See I can do that ;)
But yeah a lot of its pretty good. I like a lot of your doom recs. Atleast you dont have as bad taste as I thought you did :p

gene

(* ̄(エ) ̄*)
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Calling something mediocre cause you don't like it doesn't make it mediocre to everyone else fool.
opinions are great

rest of your post
unless they disagree with yours

must've been missing something all these years. apparently symphonic power metal with a female vocalist is interesting or good or something.

Symphonic Power metal done by a female vocalist. Nightwish is a very good band and calling it mediocre is simply ignorance on your end as they are very successful and have some very good music.
I try to avoid the random bitchfights that always happen in metal threads but just saying that if you're going to try to get off the "opinion" argument then you probably shouldn't be calling someone "ignorant" for not liking it in return.

also just because someone doesn't slap IN MY OPINION in front of everything doesn't mean that they don't acknowledge what they're giving is an opinion.

let me put it like this

"I fucking hate apples, they're disgusting"
Typically people would just say whatever and accept that, even though they didn't say it, it's their opinion. That's just a regular social skill most people have. idk if i worded that clearly enough but you should get it
"I fucking hate Nightwish, they're awful"
Now to this you'd get all defensive and be like WELL THAT'S JUST YOUR OPINION DSFAJKDLJFDLKAJFKLDJFAL. No shit, that's why he said it.

just my two cents

Also I'll assume you're all familiar with them but Master are pretty cool early death metal: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiP_lvt5SNA

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Would older-styled metalcore such as Converge, Curl Up and Die and Botch and some higher quality deathcore such as Pandora's Dawn be considered metal by anybody here?

In other news, Turisas has a couple new songs out.

Im not placing my opinion before his, just saying that calling them shit is your opinion and I dont agree. I think they are great. And I was questioning if he's actually heard them or just read the tag and decided it "sucks".

But yeah sure, whatever...

Subjectivity is a bitch. Lets just end there.

You crossed the crooked step (DT FTW XD) when you said Slayer sucks. Here's a big
FUCK YOU
just for you, shithead.

Slayer are for the following types of people

1. Kiddies who think listening to it makes them hardcore.
2. People who like pointless shitty riffs and/or solos.
3. People who buy into the whole "anti-god" spiel despite the fact it's an obvious marketing ploy.

The world would be improved significantly if we dropped Napalm on Slayer gigs.

3. People who buy into the whole "anti-god" spiel despite the fact it's an obvious marketing ploy.

Idiot, if you're gonna diss Slayer, then you've dissed all metal bands. Plus, why the fuck would you say "Fuck Slayer" on a metalhead thread?

I mean, there are plenty of bands better than Slayer, but to say that they're bad is idiotic.

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Actually its here because we figured if we closed it you guys would just make a new one anyway.

[edit] - guess not

Have a nice day.

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
how come we can post in ir but not cong? VB bug?

Ah, I see.
well goodbye ir/cong/firebot.

Hi ir, how's it going!!!?!?!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)