Gen 3 Meh. Just came up with this... (Link up RMT)

My friends and I are having a link up tournament on a trip I'm going on so I just thought why not get my team rated here. Here we go...

Gyarados@leftovers (Intimidate)
(Adamant)
192 HP / 216 Atk / 100 Spd
- Earthquake
- Double Edge
- Thunder Wave
- Dragon Dance

Physical sweeper. I'm not sure If I should stick with thunder wave or switch to something else (probably hydro pump to beat skarm even without maggy) since I already have a lot of paralasis. But meh. Goes for an early 6-0 sweep. Pretty cool.

Rhydon@leftovers (Rock Head)
(Adamant)
212 HP / 176 Spd / 120 Atk
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Substitute
- Swords Dance

Beastly in the late game when stuff is paralyzed. Really great poke. Takes hits and grounds gyarados.

Snorlax@leftovers (Thick Fat)
(Careful)
76 HP / 184 Atk / 56 Def / 16 Spd / 176 SDef
- Body Slam
- Shadow Ball
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Sponges special attacks and spreads more paralasis. Takes gengar and other pesky ghosts with shadow ball. Ment to be defensive.

Gengar@leftovers (Levitate)
(Modest)
80 Def / 252 SpA / 176 Spd
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Punch
- Hypnosis
- Destiny Bond

Special sweeper and sleeper. Nothing too special.

Magneton@leftovers (Magnet Pull)
(Timid)
184 HP / 104 Spd / 220 SAtk
- Thunderbolt
- Substitute
- Thunder Wave
- Metal Sound

Meh. It gets skarm out of the way and lets me sweep. Paralasis helps Rhydon too.

Starmie@leftovers (Natural Cure)
(Timid)
40 HP / 252 SpA / 216 Spd
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Recover

Yeah special presence and kills stuff. Takes status if snorlax can't.

So please fix EVs, and point out any corrections and/or major weaknesses and how I can fix them.

Thanks.

Boost lax's defense a tad; he's not too good at taking those normally.

Gengar's a bit fragile, so maybe a water with ice beam to take out salamence and tyranitar and such.

Ok, so as far as waters go, what would be my best bet? Swampert seems like he could fit, but I'm not sure about having another physical attacker (even if it's mixpert). If someone could suggest another water or even a completely different idea, that would be very nice. I'm actually trying to stay a little further away from being completely standard (I'm usually pretty bad with that) so keep that in mind, though I'm open to anything so long as it fits well.

Any more help would definitely be appreachiated.

Ok, so as far as waters go, what would be my best bet? Swampert seems like he could fit, but I'm not sure about having another physical attacker (even if it's mixpert). If someone could suggest another water or even a completely different idea, that would be very nice. I'm actually trying to stay a little further away from being completely standard (I'm usually pretty bad with that) so keep that in mind, though I'm open to anything so long as it fits well.

Any more help would definitely be appreachiated.
Starmie seems perfect for you after reading this, assuming you dont want to get Milotic or Suicune. He can Recover, Surf, and Ice Beam. IDK if your friends will use Spikes, so if they do, use Rapid Spin, if not, get Thunderbolt if you can. 85 in both defenses is pretty decent with Recover, so if you don't want to go with the trouble of getting Suicune or Milotic, get Starmie.

Yeah my friends most likely wont use spikes and seeing as I have two immunities to them, I probably won't have to worry too much about them. I think I'll definitely put starmie in and give him a try. Status absorbing is nice too, as before I only had snorlax.

EDIT: Ok it's been added. I'd really like some more insight on this team so keep rating please =)

Personally I wouldnt use hypnosis on gengar, too risky. More Substitute, or Focus Punch or Will-O-Wisp.

Cool other stuff, lovin the alternative moves, and love the fact you guys got a mini-touney together! And no ubers! Great stuff.

Just make sure you predict the status with that Starmie, and youll rock!

The only reason I really stuck hypnosis on gengar was to get myself a sleeper. The extra defense EVs allow it to survive a few more hits, but you are definitely right, it is a bit risky to use. I'll try out the other alternatives and see how they work (hopefully I can find a way to get sub on him in game)

I'd really like to see if anyone can point out some major flaw in my team, because I really feel like there's something missing... Is there something that is really going to give me problems? It worries me that I havent had something like that pointed out yet, as my teams often have a big hole lol...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)