Pet Mod Megas for All v7 - please switch to the new thread for v8! (There's a link in the first and last posts!)

Mossy Sandwich

Gunning for the top
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
:gs/golduck:
:golduck: Mega Golduck
New Ability
: Down-to-Earth (While this Pokémon is active, the effects of terrains are disabled.) (Mega-Lycanroc-Midday's ability)
Type: Water

New stats:
HP: 80 (+0)
Attack: 82 (+0)
Defense: 78 --> 103 (+25)
Special Attack: 95 --> 120 (+25)
Special Defense: 80 (+0)
Speed: 85 --> 135 (+50)
(BST) 500 --> 600

New moves: Lovely Kiss
Description: Down-to-Earth is the terrain equivalent of Cloud Nine and since Golduck is the most well known Cloud Nine user, it fits perfectly. It also makes excellent use of the ability however, since ignoring terrain allows it to be a water type that doesn't fear Rillaboom (In fact, it can KO it after a Calm Mind boost or some chip). It can also use Lovely Kiss through electric and misty terrain which would both render sleep moves useless. Speaking of Lovely Kiss, I gave it to Golduck so it didn't have to rely on the innacurate Hypnosis or the slow Yawn. It does fit Golduck pretty well however, since it's based on a Kappa, a pretty scary Yo-Kai which fits very well with Lovely Kiss's japanese name, Demon Kiss. In singles, Mega-Golduck will most likely make use of a set using Lovely Kiss and Calm Mind, using its Sleep move to get enough time to boost up with Calm Mind. Its water and ice coverage is good, though it could struggle against water types. Luckily, Golduck doesn't have too much to fear from pokemon such as Slowking and Greninja once it has acquired enough boosts. While I don't know much about the format, Golduck can also be a good support pokemon in VGC, removing terrains that could annoy its teammate while also making use of support options such as Encore and having a good spread move in the form of Muddy Water.

:golduck: Golduck
Ability : Prankster
Hp : 80
Atk : 82
Def : 108
SpA : 115
Spd : 110
Spe : 105
New move : Recover

A little take on the kappa , that are know for being pranskter creature Golduck may not seem to be the best mon to use that ability at first glance , but it has surprinsing amount of cool utility : Encore , disable , Psychup , Charm. I think having a diiferent kind of option from regular prankster (as well as a very different typing) could be a cool take on that ability.

Competitively speaking Prankster alongside Flip turn and Encore/disable allow for some nice team support by reducing your opponent option into answering one of your sweeper. It is also great at stopping setup sweeper by just clicking encore after the opposing mon tried boosting itself. It can easily switch into most setup sweeper due to its good bulk allowing more forgiving attempt to stop sweep when your opponent click an attacking move.

Other than that there is also the option to use the duck a setup sweeper itself , using the combination of scald burn , calm mind , sub and recover to make yourself increadibly hard to kill. Its naturally godd speed mean you won't have too invest too much in it to outspeed slower and stronger threat that would be able to breack you without you being able to try scald burning them befeore. Charm is also an option as it can help punish physical attacker , it can for exemple allow you to win the duel vs scarf kartana :

-2 252 Atk Kartana Leaf Blade vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Golduck: 132-156 (36.2 - 42.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Pranskter Yawn is also a neat way to force sweeper out, or create setup opportunity for your teammate when combined with flip turn.

Lastly some other nice option exist such as trapping your opponent with whirlpool and abusing disable to kill them while they can't hit you with anything strong enough , or psychup in order to copy your opponent boost and reverse sweep them (hello volcarona , that some nice boost you have there , mind if i borrow them ? :3 )

Last edited:
:Golduck:
Mega Golduck

New Ability:
Enforcer
The faster the user is than the target, the stronger its psychic moves. Damage calculation based on Electro Ball.
Example: If, say, Electro Ball did 80 to a target, the user's psychic moves would be increased by 80%.

New stats:
HP: 80
Attack: 82
Defense: 75 → 93 (+15)
Special Attack: 95 → 130 (+35)
Special Defense: 80 → 95 (+15)
Speed: 85 → 120 (+35)
BST: 500 → 600

New moves:
Expanding Force, Fake Out, Agility, Electro Ball

Description:
1) Concept
The Pokédex mentions how the red gem in their forehead starts to shine when Golduck swim fast; once it glows, Golduck can unleash their full (psychic) power. Since Agility is a Psychic move relying on fast movement, I thought it would be a perfect idea to combine it with the custom ability that allows Mega Golduck to launch powerful psychic attacks the faster it is than its target.

2) Competitive
The ability encourages you to run Agility, an underused move, for wallbreaking power.

The combo is particular effective against slow defensive Pokémon like Toxapex, Relaxed Tangrowth or Blissey, OHKOing the first two with Psychic and 2HKOing the latter with Psyshock. Against fast Pokémon like Garchomp or Serperiour, Mega Golduck's psychic moves are increased by 60% without Agility. After one Agility, they are boosted by 80% but they fail to OHKO the aforementioned fast Pokémon, even if you do run Sticky Web or use Agility a second time, making this ability therefore balanced. After all, Psychic is Mega Golduck's strongest and most reliable move and not as strong as something like Hydro Pump. Moreover, Golduck is a pure Water Pokémon, so its psychic moves are not further boosted by STAB.

Electro Ball has synergy with Agility and can be seen as a reference to its electric power in the cardgame, as indicated by Misty's Golduck or by Delta Golduck, the latter being turned into an Electric Pokémon through a scientific experiment. The electric move can be useful against Slowbro, Pyukumuku or Corviknight.

As for Future Sight, it has an interesting interaction with the custom ability, making it either very strong or very weak against a target.

In VGC, you can make use of Fake Out to set up Tailwind with the help of your partner while likely preventing your opponent from speed manipulation. Afterwards, you can send out a Psychic terrain setter and allow Mega Golduck to launch powerful Expanding Force.

Now, why is Golduck a pure Water? There are already too many Water / Psychic Pokémon, and it would face tough competition from them. Moreover, a pure Water type makes the custom ability balanced and is good defensively; you don't add more weaknesses if Mega Golduck were Water/Psychic or in a Psychic spam core. Moreover, the custom ability already alludes to its psychic power and basically grants it a pseudo Psychic STAB.

:swsh/sirfetch
Mega-Sirfetch’d
Type: Fighting
Ability: Leek Blade - This Pokemon’s Fighting type moves always crit, but it can’t use them twice in a row

Stats:
HP: 62
ATK: 135 -> 145 (+10)
DEF: 95 -> 135 (+40)
SPA: 68 -> 78 (+10)
SPD: 82 -> 102 (+20)
SPE: 65 -> 85 (+20)
New Moves: None
Sirfetch'd is very centered around critical hits, as shown by its evolution method and it's item the leek. So, why not:wynaut:take that idea and add it to the mega? Leek Blade can make Mega-Sirfetch’d run dual STAB moves, which limits it moveset but gives it a power boost while allowing it to run more moves like Roost and Swords Dance. However, it loses Scrappy, which limits its damage output to ghost types and can't fit much coverage on its movesets.
:bw/porygon-z:
Mega-Porygon-Z
Type: Normal
Ability: Laggy - If the opposing Pokemon is slower then this Pokemon, then when this Pokemon gets the recharge status, the opposing Pokemon does too

Stats:
HP: 85
ATK: 80 -> 140 (+60)
DEF: 70 -> 90 (+20)
SPA: 135 -> 140 (+5)
SPD: 75 -> 90 (+15)
SPE: 90 -> 85 (-5)

Don't you just hate it when your device gets stuck and you have to watch the little loading wheel go round and round? Well, Mega-Porygon-Z takes advantage of that very lag to share it with the opponent. This Porygon-Z makes use of Agility to take advantage of Hyper Beam and Giga Impact to deal big damage to the opponent. However, running both Agility and Nasty Plot makes it hard to fit many other moves on a set, and if it KO's a Pokemon with a recharge move, it still has to recharge, but the opposing Pokemon switching in doesn't.

woo

You'll be UNDER MY WHEELS
is a Pre-Contributor
:ss/sirfetchd:
Mega Sirfetch'd!
Type
: Fighting
Ability: Bulletproof

Stats:
62/135/135/68/135/72 (+0, +0, +40, +0, +53, +7)
New Moves: Pluck
Descriptions:

Sirfetch'd has a leek blade and a leek shield, so i tried to focus more on the shield part of it, making it defensive with Bulletproof.
Wall with Bulletproof so it can tank various moves. Also a slow and bulky breaker.

:ss/golduck:
Collab with Sticky Fingaaa
Mega Golduck
Typing: Water/Fairy
Ability: Neuroforce

Stats: 80/90/80/130/100/120 (+0, +8, +2, +35, +20, +35)
New Moves: Moonblast, Dazzling Gleam, Play Rough, Snipe Shot

This is the classic Pokédex entry-based Mega Evolution.
1. When its forehead shines mysteriously, Golduck can use the full extent of its power. This is the reason why we chose Neuroforce for our Mega Golduck's ability.
2. When it swims at full speed using its long, webbed limbs, its forehead somehow begins to glow. another reason for it but this explains the high speed.
3. This Pokémon lives in gently flowing rivers. It paddles through the water with its long limbs, putting its graceful swimming skills on display. By the graceful part on that entry, we chose Fairy as our secondary type.

Cool water fairy wallbreaker that can use snipe shot hydro pump moonblast and some other moves very well as a special wallbreaker.

Last edited:
Mega Golduck
New Ability
: Duck's Luck: Increases the power and chance of Critical Hits (1.5 -> 2.25)
Type: Water/Psychic:

New stats:
Attack: 72 --> 107 (+25)
Defense: 78 --> 98 (+20)
Special Attack: 95 --> 110 (+15)
Special Defense: 80 --> 100 (+20)
Speed: 85 --> 105 (+20)
(BST) 500 --> 600

New Moves: Focus Energy, Thunderbolt, Snipe Shot, Psycho Cut, Recover, Foresight, Mind Reader

Flavour: "Upon Mega Evolution, Golduck's gem reveals a third eye and it's psychic powers are boosted greatly, letting it see into the future and scry on it's targets

Competitive Description: A strong and faster Crit machine with decent bulk, letting it at least set-up once with Focus Energy.

:ss/porygon-z:
Mega Porygon
New Ability:
Streamlined: Raises the chance of secondary effects by 20%
Type: Normal/Electric

New Stats:
ATK: 80 -> 90 (+10)
DEF: 70 -> 100 (+30)
SPA: 135 - > 155 (+20)
SPD: 75 -> 100 (+25)
SPE: 90 -> 105 (+15)
(BST) 535 --> 635

New Moves: Flamethrower, Energy Ball, Moonblast, Calm Mind, Barrier

Flavour: "Mega Porygon-Z is now fully complete, mankind's technological advancements mixed in with the natural power of the Mega Evolution maximises it's power, but the question is: how is there a Mega Stone for Porygon?"

Competitive Description: Though it loses a lot of it's natural power, the improved speed tier and bulk lets it fire off more attacks then normal, and the additional Flamethrower allows it to match up better with Steel-types, though it's lackluster defensive utility and added weakness balances it out

Last edited:
Well, I've been dead for long enough.
It's about time I officially submit the sub that I’ve had in my mind for an entire year, hopefully y’all like it.

Porygon-Z2 @ Hotfix Patch (based on the dex entries which state that base Porygon-Z is unstable)

Stats:
Attack: 90 (+10)
Defense: 105 (+35)
Special Attack: 140 (+5)
Special Defense: 105 (+30)
Speed: 110 (+20)

Ability: Misty Surge

New moves: Volt Switch, Electric Terrain, Calm Mind (side note: Porygon-Z should be given Calm Mind via its pre-evolution, considering its base form’s erratic nature)

Lore (yes harold, lore!)
With cyberspace expanding as technology advances every day, so do the variety of malware and viruses that threaten to corrupt it. The viruses have also become more advanced to the extent where even the most technologically advanced Porygon2 are unable to handle them. With little choice left, experts and engineers alike sought to do the impossible: provide a hotfix for the Pokemon previously regarded as technology’s biggest failure: Porygon-Z.

Ultimately, however, they succeeded. The hotfix patch they applied onto the digital duck not only made it stable, but enhanced its capabilities beyond anyone’s expectations. It now sports a brand-new electric type to allow it to function better in the electrical world of cyberspace, and also a handy tool that keeps it safe from malware potentially immobilizing it, or spreading its corruption towards the rest of the surroundings.

What was once considered malware is now one of cyberspace’s strongest defenses against malware. Remember that antivirus from the anime episode ‘Electric Soldier Porygon’ (ok no that was a bad joke to make sorry)? Now, Porygon-Z2 is the anti-virus, and with it comes the capability to release purifying mists to prevent the spread of malware and helps cool an overheating system.

Essentially, Misty Surge is an anti-bacterial coolant. Yes, it’s a stupid idea but hey, its Pokemon.
Thanks for coming to my TED Talk.

The Perks of Being a Powerful Software:
Misty Surge is a very common sight in Megas For All. After all, Tapu Fini is considered one of the best defensive Pokemon in the metagame, and Misty Surge is one of the biggest reasons for that. Erasing the opportunity for statusing (unless you’re a Flying type) allows the playing field to be evened, and allows for Fini to ultimately heal more than it gets hit for with the right set.

But that’s defensive Misty Surge. Let's just say we used Misty Surge as ehm… an offensive tool?

With Misty Surge, Porygon-Z2 is able to serve as a direct counter to status spreaders such as Toxapex, Zapdos, Moltres and Amoonguss, offensively pressuring them into switching out lest they get hit by Porygon-Z2’s wide range of coverage like the devastating BoltBeam. Another thing which makes Porygon-Z2 utilize Misty Surge as an offensive tool so well is its ability to pivot into wallbreakers and setup sweepers that appreciate the freedom to attack without having to worry about statuses (that is, unless you’re a Flying-type). This is something Tapu Fini isn't able to do.

From what I can observe, defensive cores with Porygon-Z2 could also work, as its solid 85/105/105 bulk is reasonable to take a few hits and heal up with Recover. Notable allies include Slowbro (able to tank Fighting-type hits) and Tangrowth (perhaps the most useful of the lot, being able to check Rillaboom and resist Ground moves), who also do not enjoy being hit by Toxic.

Porygon-Z2 is able to play as both the bulky support with moves like Trick Room and what's essentially Safeguard while also being able to shut down opposing defoggers, but it can also (mostly) serve as a setup sweeper, benefitting from its own Misty Surge to negate all worries of being statused as it sets up Nasty Plot, and proceed to sweep the opposing team with its devastating STAB coverage alongside BoltBeam. Most notably, it can even take a CB boosted GGlide from Rillaboom to the face and KO it back with +2 Ice Beam, and also tank a Specs Hydro Pump from Greninja and KO back with Thunderbolt.

In the end, however, Porygon-Z2 probably serves best as the offensive pivot with decent bulk that allows it to tank weak shots and threaten common defensive Pokemon like Corviknight, Tapu Fini and the Slow twins with STAB Thunderbolt, then pivoting out using Volt Switch or regaining health using Recover to allow it to serve as a shield towards statuses for the rest of the team.

Porygon-Z2 does also come with its fair share of weaknesses: Blissey and Empoleon-Mega, two of the metagame’s most common defensive Pokemon are able to tank any hit and slow pivot into a faster Pokemon to eliminate it. Speaking of, a speed tier of 110 allows it to be revenge-killed by some of the metagame’s most common offensive threats, like Cinderace, Lycanroc-D-Mega, Scarf Lando-T and Weavile.

As for Misty Surge? It’s cleared easily by 2 of the most common things in M4A: different terrains (Rillaboom and Tapu Koko are everywhere in the metagame) and Defog, making it slightly easier for you to be able to remove the status blocker. Regardless, Porygon-Z2 is a relatively fast, well-balanced (stat-wise) offensive support that can fill many gaps for many different teams, and would surely be a great addition to the ever-expanding M4A roster.

Bulky Support/All-out Attacker/Offensive Pivot (Porygon-Z)
Ability: Download
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe OR 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Recover/Tri Attack

Nasty Plot Sweeper (Porygon-Z)
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Tri Attack

But that's not all to the story! I've posted this one many times as well but there was another draft prepped for the Porygon-Z slate that was ultimately outvoted due to it being a bit too similar to Misty Surge. If you wanna have a look at that, here you go:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KK2O_O7OaaYgs4DuO2jNksV6_WhpZOR69mHWJmgCoCc/edit?usp=sharing

That's all I have for now, hope you like this sub ^^

Last edited:
Hello again, everyone!
As per usual, this post will be an end-of-submission-phase feedback post and a 24-hour warning for the current submission phase, in order to give time to respond to the feedback in question. C:

:electrode:

Quick update before the main content of the post: for those of you not on the Discord, the bugfix for :electrode: Mega Electrode finally went live last night, so it's completely safe to use now! There were a couple of battles with it on DH earlier and it looks amazing!! Have fun, everyone! C:
And... uh... yeah, I think that's the only announcement to make this time? so let's get started!

:golduck::porygon-z::sirfetchd:

If I don't mention your sub in this post, it's probably fine balance-wise and you're not required to make any changes! It doesn't mean I forgot!​

Super quick reminder, mostly on Porygon-Z: in neutral situations, we do not always use the Mega Stone names people write in their submission posts!
Lots of people are naming their Mega Stones crazy things, probably because "RKS Megamemory" was accepted last slate, but that's because Silvally's Mega Stone actually functions as a Memory and following standard conventions would have failed to communicate that.
Please don't be surprised if we call Porygon-Z's stone something, uh, normal! We have no plans to call the Mega Stones anything unusual this time around.
Nothing is going to be vetoed for a stone name we don't use - just making sure people know that we mostly ignore these, haha.

:sirfetchd: This is definitely okay with me, but if it's okay with you (not a veto or anything just some input), could I suggest making it a pure Fighting-type instead of Fighting/Grass? This already hits quite a lot harder than Cacturne, not only with its raw Attack but with the base power of its STAB Close Combat being way higher than any of Cacturne's moves, and I know Cacturne is considered one of the worse Megas as it is; personally, I would definitely lean towards differentiating their attacking types to reduce overlap and direct competition if that's something you're comfortable with! I'm open to hearing input from other people on this in #submission-feedback, of course! Not sure if this is something that's been discussed before and I don't have as deep an understanding of Cacturne's position as some other people, so I don't feel qualified to be the only one weighing in.
(also, honestly, the idea of Coup de Grass on Sirfetch'd is freaking hilarious and an incredible pun - I think Sirfetch'd is one of the few Pokémon that doesn't need to be Grass-type for the flavor to work, for what it's worth!)

I really like your :porygon-z: Porygon-Z by the way ;-;

:porygon-z: Regarding your Porygon-Z, I think it's important to draw attention to their similarities - both are effectively meant to be Terrain Pulse abusers with Mimicry, with only minor differences between them, and I'm not really comfortable letting both of them through to voting when they overlap this much. Ideally, I would like you to get in touch with each other to collaborate on one submission that satisfies both of you rather than directly competing.
That said, if they're both left as they are, then... even though StarFalcon555 submitted first, I'm currently leaning towards slating only Bekama's for the vote if I had to pick; one of the more important pieces of advice to have in mind is that custom Abilities should only be used when they create something unique that a canon Ability can't replicate, and in this case there is remarkably little setting the resulting gameplan apart from Mimicry at all. I would have recommended that you just switch to Mimicry outright if there weren't already another Mimicry sub there by now, haha.

If you do want to differentiate the two more instead of making a joint sub, could I take this opportunity to recommend to StarFalcon555 that you replace your custom Ability with Mega Launcher? The only real point of distinction between your submissions is that you want to retain the Normal type while Bekama does not, and Mega Launcher boosts Terrain Pulse enough for it to be an effective second STAB (while also benefiting Porygon-Z's Dark Pulse as another option!) while keeping its Normal STAB at the same time, an opportunity Mimicry doesn't create. I will emphasize that I'm not on board with creating a new custom Ability to make it dual-typed when there are two canon Abilities with such similar effects to your end goal, so this is my main recommendation if you want another option aside from making one sub together.

lydian:​

:golduck: Aaaa, I'm really sorry to disappoint, but I'm afraid I'm not comfortable with this premise at all and I think I'm going to have to veto it;;
A 33% chance for quite any move to fail (and for an opponent to take free damage instead) on entry is just too much in my opinion - it seems very uncompetitive and it's way too easy a way to set confusion, without really having legitimate or skill-based applications that I personally recognize. It has a high chance to undermine an opponents skillful choices and takes the game out of the players' hands pretty much at all times, especially since Golduck can come in and introduce that chance of failure at any time even if it's not already on the field.
And... this part is not the main reason I'm vetoing it (if it were the only issue, I'm sure we could just make it work differently from Intimidate), but I do think it's worth pointing out how nuts this would be in M4A VGC as well, since an effect like Intimidate applies to both opponents at once - in this case, confusing two opponents at the same time goes from a 1/3 to a 5/9 chance to disrupt the opponent's plan for the turn, with the odds of both Pokémon carrying out their actions being less than half and no way to tell which one can pull it off (if either). That's not to mention how much less prominent and more costly switching out can be in terms of momentum compared to a single battle, especially if you're incentivized to switch both Pokémon at once (there's a reason Intimidate itself is such a big deal, and this is... a lot more problematic in effect).

:golduck: Really sorry, but I'm going to have to veto this sub entirely as well; I conferred with some other council members to make sure I wasn't alone in being concerned, but we think this Ability is uncompetitive as a form of pseudo-trapping. It definitely presents too reliable and too passive a way to get large amounts of free chip on any Pokémon that wants to switch out of Golduck. It's also made even more dangerous by the addition of Circle Throw, which not only gets an extra 25% damage on whatever Pokémon is phased out but all but has a high chance to get another 25% on whatever the opponent sends in - after all, you'll have forced out whatever they actually wanted to face Golduck, so their new matchup is pretty likely to be one that puts them at a disadvantage.
We've generally agreed that we wouldn't be that much more comfortable with it even if you lowered the amount of chip to tone it down, so I'm afraid we're just going to have to say no to this, sorry. :c

:sirfetchd: A much more thing on your Sirfetch'd-- I don't think I can allow Behemoth Blade on this, unfortunately!
First, purely as a recommendation: the usual consensus is to avoid major Legendary signatures like that when they don't do something specifically unique for the sub no other move can, and here it just seems like you're doing it for perceived flavor while it actually arguably makes the flavor worse - if anything, the idea of Behemoth Blade would probably work against you in voting even if we allowed it. That said, we don't usually veto for stuff like this, and there's a lot of grey area as to what counts as "something unique that's necessary for the sub" - people have managed to win with these kinds of additions before by arguing their choices well, and this part is not a formal rejection.
Mooore importantly, though, see this rule in the first post:
- On account of their unique characteristics, certain moves may no longer be added to Pokémon that don't have them in canon.These moves are as follows::darkrai: Dark Void, :hoopa-unbound: Hyperspace Fury and :morpeko-hangry: Aura Wheel, which cannot be used by any Pokémon but their rightful owners even if they are learned by other means;:chatot: Chatter, which is impossible to copy even by way of Smeargle's Sketch;and :pikachu: Volt Tackle, :keldeo-resolute: Secret Sword, :meloetta-pirouette: Relic Song and :rayquaza-mega: Dragon Ascent, which are learned exclusively through special means, such as tutors dedicated to specific Pokémon, and cannot reasonably be distributed to other Pokémon in the same manner.
I will say that this part is entirely on me for not thinking to include Behemoth Blade and Behemoth Bash here in the first place - they're not actually written as part of the rule right now!
That said, I think they definitely fall under the same category of moves and should be excluded for the same reason!
In canon, Behemoth Blade is locked to Zacian-Crowned specifically - it replaces Iron Head whenever a battle starts, and it is always replaced by Iron Head when the battle ends. There is no way for even Zacian to "learn" the move in a more normal way than this, so it definitely doesn't make optical sense for another Pokémon to learn it naturally.
With this in mind, I don't think I can allow Sirfetch'd to learn Behemoth Blade; I'm really sorry I didn't think to communicate this sooner, but I'll add it properly to this rule once the slate ends!
(Don't worry if you can't make an edit before the veto post - like with some of the moves that were restricted last slate, we'll just allow the submission itself as-is and clarify that it won't get Behemoth Blade if it wins. C:)

(that said-- :porygon-z: holy heck this is genius)

:porygon-z: Mm, sorry, but I'm pretty sure this overlaps more than it should with Silvally? I don't think we should allow this to win; the main point of splitting this slate apart the way we did was so people making Porygon-Z would already know what won Silvally and could avoid unnecessary overlap, but this has just about the same gimmick Silvally had, what with being a setup sweeper that you can choose to be just about any type in the teambuilder. Even their stats aren't all that different; Silvally's movepool may push it to the physical side, while Porygon-Z's pushes it to the special side, but there's not enough here that makes me feel they should be expected to coexist. I'm gonna veto this one on principle, I'm afraid;;

also save your Golduck for Basculegion please

:golduck: Smaaall heads-up, but I feel like your Golduck overlap rather a lot, so my instinct would be to include only one of them in the vote - any chance you two could discuss this idea together and come up with a collaborative sub you're both happy with?
If nothing else, it would definitely help if you DMed me confirming you would still like to run separately! There are some legitimate differences for sure, and I would be fine with it if I had confirmation that you were aware of each other and you were both cool with it, but I'm definitely uncomfortable forcing such overlapping subs to compete for votes for no reason and I think it would just leave whoever lost feeling unhappy;;
Admittedly, I don't see an obvious reason to veto one over the other aside from that - failing any response from both of you, I would lean towards slating only The Damned since they posted it first, sorry;;

:sirfetchd: Mm... I think that's too much Attack for Aerilate Double-Edge, considering Sirfetch'd has Swords Dance as well as what an amazing offensive type combination Fighting/Flying is (120 and 144 BP dual STABs is yikes here). It might be okay if it had way less Speed (like, Trick Room-slow, in the vein of Mawile), but I don't think I should allow this one with the stats you have, sorry;;

:golduck: This one I have to veto for the Ability alone - we've kiiind of resolved not to introduce any more trapping Abilities, since Talonflame alone has proven massively influential and effective at its job. Picking off inherently meta-important types like Steel, Flying and Water one by one until it's no longer safe to count on them as a defensive backbone without running Shed Shell on all of them is super unhealthy, even if doing just one type at a time makes it not look like much; two trapping Abilities is definitely enough and is probably all we'll ever have. People do need to be able to count on Water-types to do their jobs, haha.

:porygon-z: I just want to say how freaking clever this Ability name is
This is one of the best puns I've seen here in a long time
I get TypeErrors a lot while coding M4A

:sirfetchd: Very gentle suggestion and not a veto or a requirement, but would you be open to lowering its Attack a little? Mostly I'm just a little wary since unlike the other subs here (and other Fighting-type Megas), this one has no drawback attached to its Close Combat or Superpower, and that makes me less uncomfortable with its potentially-spammable 120 BP moves, haha.
That said, I really love this Ability premise and I am so rooting for this one ;u; This sounds cool as heck and I'm a huge fan of it

Tapler:​

:porygon-z: Iii really wish I could be more constructive here but I'm definitely against this
I do not like the idea of taking Porygon-Z's best possible single-use item and making it possible to use it every time it switches in instead of only once per battle; this severely undermines the most important balancing factor of Z-Conversion, and I would be uncomfortable with it even without the +100 BST boost (to your credit, I don't think you did anything unreasonable with the stat distribution at all, but the Ability just really doesn't sound safe to me OTL)

:porygon-z: Just a minor clarification on this one: a Pokémon can't be "naturally" typeless, so your Porygon-Z will still be considered Normal-type in a vacuum; that said, I'm okay with just making that part of the Ability if you want (it can take away its own type as well as any attacker's type)!

ArhamA:​

Uhhh, hey!
So I was talking with the council and other important members of the community about your behavior in the Discord, and we actually came to agree that you should not be allowed to participate in this mod any longer.
This isn't automatically the case for every user who's been banned from the Discord for more minor offenses (like, DIB was mostly just trolling and annoying people, so he's fine to keep posting in the thread when he makes coherent subs and I'm pretty sure I've voted for him before?), so I think someone not on the council told you that you were okay to post here this time. No worries there, of course! I can understand where they were coming from and we hadn't passed this judgment at the time.
That said, sorry to tell you this, but we're not going to be including any of your subs or counting your votes from now on, and we would like you to stay away from the thread from now on. Thanks! C:

bekama again:​

(please also scroll up to StarFalcon555's section for some comments about your Porygon-Z! you're not vetoed on that one but it's still important for you to read it C:)

:sirfetchd: Thiiis is too strong, I'm afraid.
The thing that makes it okay for Mega Luxray to have Ambush with 160 Attack is that its moves are pretty weak - it's a physical Electric-type, so its options are STABs like Wild Charge (the single weakest move that has recoil, with 135 BP maximum) and Thunder Fang (that's 97.5 BP when it does get a critical hit), while its stronger moves like Superpower are non-STAB and therefore only amount to an ordinary 120 BP STAB when Ambush does make them crit. In addition, Luxray's best setup move is Agility - which is still pretty great because it lets Ambush activate more reliably as a sort of pseudo-Shift Gear, but it doesn't punish slow teams any harder.
On the other hand, Sirfetch'd has 120 BP STABs right off the bat, meaning Ambush makes them 180 BP; on top of that, it has Swords Dance, which lets it hit waaay harder than Luxray ever will on the slow teams it already crushes. I think this could turn out to be a very unhealthy presence offensively, so I'm not willing to allow it, sorry;;

:porgon-z: Hnnnn I'm personally really uncomfortable using Sleight of Hand here
For context, Thievul really badly needed that, in part to give it an important niche over competing (much better) Dark-types because it was already established as one of the worst Megas in the mod, and in part to allow it to use the specific moves and sets that its original Ability was already designed to support in canon but that were at odds with its stats and Nasty Plot; it wasn't a decision we took lightly, it was hotly debated, and even as one of its main advocates in Thievul's highly exceptional case, it's definitely not one I think should be done liberally
Among other things, I also think it's a pretty big deal that Mega Thievul ended up significantly stronger after this buff despite losing the free 4/3 boost to its damage output that its original Dark Aura granted it - it can't be overstated how good this Ability is on something that can use it well even compared to something as conventionally nuts as Adaptability (!!), and Porygon-Z has some amazing physical options (compare: best physical STABs Double-Edge and Return, best special STAB Tri Attack), and yours has even better movepool additions to capitalize on it
Especially for Porygon-Z, which has Download to potentially grant it mixed options anyway (compare Exploziff's rather neat Porygon-Z that leaned into this!), this feels like a really ill-advised and excessive way to bring it over the top; I don't think I'm willing to allow this on principle, sorry

Magnum:​

(hi!!! I'm so glad you could make it : D)

Suuuper minor thing on both of these first-- as a general rule, we usually avoid making straight clones of canon Abilities (there's a note of this in the first post somewhere!) and anything so similar to one that a canon Ability would work just as well, so I would definitely recommend switching Porygon-Z to Serene Grace if you don't have a particular reason to want the weaker effect, and I think Golduck should definitely be Sniper (if you're not able to edit in time but it still wins, it might just be given Sniper anyway as long as that's okay with you?).

Since this is your first time subbing, I should probably note that it's also usually not recommended to add too many new moves at once, although that's not such a grave issue that stuff gets vetoed for it often or anything; I think mostly voters prefer subs with fewer/more focused additions because they look cleaner, and there have been times when people voted to remove an extraneous move after the fact on subs with too many, so it might help your chances to trim them down just a little. That part is mostly a matter of taste, though!

That aside, for the subs themselves!!

:porygon-z: I really like this one!!! Buffing secondary effects like you said (whether with Serene Grace or if you really want a weaker version) sounds especially neat on Porygon-Z, since it can run Discharge and Tri Attack as its dual STABs - I think the type change you made and the effect you chose go super well together and make for a really cohesive concept!
Electric is a cool addition to Porygon-Z in general, since it runs Bolt Beam so often already and definitely has the flavor for it. C: also at least one person I know will be very hyped when he sees STAB Charge Beam on this even if it's not the most conventional pick
Edit: ack, someone on the Discord did point out that this one has 115 Speed! Like I said in the slate opening post, Porygon-Z has a lot going for it that has made many of us kiiind of wary of especially fast spreads in general, so if you're willing, that's something I would somewhat recommend toning down.

I'm slightly less sure of your :golduck: Golduck, admittedly, but not because I don't think it sounds cool - I definitely love Focus Energy + Sniper + a high-crit-rate move as a way to set up, and it sounds awesome on something this fast! That said, it seems like it overlaps kind of a lot with Inteleon (non-Mega), which makes me a little unsure if it would be able to stand out? Inteleon isn't an amazing Pokémon by any means, so it's not like it's major competition, but it also doesn't take up a Mega slot and has arguably a better defensive type, while its stats aren't that far behind your Golduck, all things considered;;
I do notice that Golduck could potentially have STAB on Psycho Cut if you gave it access to that, and it does have Cross Chop already on the physical side, so my first instinct is that it could maybe pull off stronger mixed sets than Inteleon if nothing else; unfortunately, most of the high-crit-rate moves are pretty low in base power and being a fast mixed attacker spreads your stats very thin, so that might not be as helpful as I hoped in the long run :x

:xerneas:

Aaand I think that's all!
Submissions will close and voting should begin in 24 hours, and the council will make a compilation of all of the legal entries then! If you've gotten feedback here that you want to address, it would be best to do that as soon as possible with that in mind. C:
(As usual, though: no worries if you can't quite make it by then! If you decide to make changes based on this, then as long as you can do that before voting closes just leave enough time for people to vote for you!, we'll be happy to edit the compilation to include any amendments you made!)

Last edited:

Eeveekid10

Whether to uturn or eq the heatran?
Hello m4a, VGlaCeon here, first ever sub in 7 months of being in this community(other than technician empoleon which was a work with dr.pumpkinz)

:bw/golduck:

Mega: Golduck
Ability: Technician
Stats:
HP:
Attack: 120(+48)
Defense: 80(+7)

Special Attack: 120(+25)
Special Defense: 80(+5)
Speed: 100(+15)

New Moves: Grass Knot, Force Palm, Triple Axel, Acid Spray

Description: Technician might not make complete sense on a mon like golduck, but it looks like its actually really good when the word ''technician'' come in my mind(dont get me wrong, even roserade and smeargle got technician)

This mega has 2 ways of being used, first, the physical set, which has access to Hone claws for boosting, Power up punch as an alternative, Aqua jet for priority, triple axel for ice coverage, it also has aerial ace and the newly added force palm if it wants to use it.

The special set makes use of calm mind, hidden power, water pulse, maybe even grass knot, ice beam/icy wind etc.

Flip turn is an option on both type of sets if it wants to pivot and not sweep or wallbreak.

I like how mega slowking was the first mon banned from the 15 ban m4a vgc tourney

Last edited:

FiniteInfinity

Banned deucer.
Mega Porygon-Z
:swsh/porygon-z:

Normal Type

Ability

(New) Inherit -
Upon Mega Evolving, this Pokemon's ability becomes the ability of its base form.

85 > HP > 85
080 > ATK > 135
070 > DEF > 090
135 > SPA > 135
075 > SPD > 090
090 > SPE > 100

Moves
Extreme Speed, Play Rough, Drain Punch, Revenge, Beak Blast, Stomping Tantrum, Work Up

Explanation
inherit: true

Personally, I've always thought an ability like this would be perfect for certain Mega Pokemon. Most of the time, only one or two of a Pokemon's abilities are actually any good, or even if more than one are good, one is simply the best. For those Pokemon, looking into that ability, or another ability that goes down a similar direction is an obvious choice - or going down a completely new route. For a select few Pokemon, though, all of their abilities can be useful depending on how you need them to play.

Enter Porygon-Z. I wanted to future-proof the name here a bit in order to leave it open for potential future use, but the name still relates to Porygon-Z in a punny way - referencing the programming technique of copying class data. Porygon-Z has quite a few useful abilities, and I wanted it to be able to express those in its Mega Evolution. However, this presents the problem of how to set it apart from base - after all, if they have all of the same abilities, and any move additions I give it to help utilize these abilities will also be available to base, how do I ensure that using the Mega is actually worth it? The solution to me was to utilize only physical move additions - base Porygon-Z has mediocre attack at best, but already benefits from a high special attack and great special movepool. Making these new moves significantly less effective on base in such a way effectively locks them to the Mega form indirectly, which solves many of those issues.

While Analytic is likely the weakest one, I like the idea of a faster Analytic user with a high enough offense to utilize the ability more as a pseudo-trapping than a speed control. In addition, I gave the mega some extra bulk to help it utilize the ability better than base could, as well as some cool tech options in Revenge and Beak Blast in order to let it reliably activate its ability even when it's faster. The dynamic of being able to choose between going first or hitting harder is interesting to me.

Adaptability has some new tools as well here - Extreme Speed and Return can be quite threatening here, balanced by the opportunity cost of requiring the Mega Evolution in order to access their true potential. Stomping Tantrum has fun coverage to punish Ghost switch-ins as well. Special sets for Adaptability admittedly have less benefit over base with no special attack boost, however there is quite a bit of added flexibility. While base Adaptability Porygon-Z relies on Z-Conversion to give it the omniboost and STAB on a powerful special move of its choice, that's a one-time deal and being forced out of it can be detrimental. Specially-oriented Adaptability Porygon-Z may not hit as hard without the omniboost, but it has a bit of added bulk and speed that brings those stats closer in line to those, which allows it to make use of regular Conversion multiple times in a fight, letting it see more consistent use than the current one-time one-trick pony.

One of the most interesting is Download - base form has to rely on switching into specific Pokemon on the enemy team in order to hit the special boost, but this Porygon-Z has no such qualms. Its mega stat boosts make it more than happy to receive either boost it gets with a strong mixed movepool and statline. It also receives double Download - giving the opponent the option to decide whether it wants to give the enemy Mega Porygon-Z a free Swords Dance, a free Nasty Plot, or a free Work Up. The mixed coverage here is actually very good, which is another reason why I wanted to only add physical moves - by splitting the offensive cores between physical and special, these scary combos can only truly be accessed by Mega and not base. Drain Punch and Shadow Ball gives the oh-so-sought-after Fighting/Ghost one-two, Play Rough and Dark Pulse have excellent coverage, as well as Play Rough and Stomping Tantrum. Stomping Tantrum and BoltBeam pair well in scary ways.

All in all, I believe this concept to be incredibly interesting and (if I may be so bold) put into practice perfectly well. I also believe that the balancing of these ideas through the stats and moves, the cohesion between them, and the linear origin of them, as well as the teambuilding decisions required to utilize each of these builds effectively, go to offset the concerns of these just being "three different megas" or being noncommittal to any one idea.

Have a great day or night~​

ausma

token smogon furry
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Forum Leader
Hey everyone, I'm currently getting situated with college so I can't really pop off with these. However I did have some fun ideas so I just wanted to get those out there before the voting slate goes live. Credits to my amazing girlfriend Violettes for helping me hash these out!!

Mega Sirfetch'd
:ss/sirfetch

Ability: Parry (Upon an active turn, incoming physical damage the user takes will be halved if dealt before the Pokemon with this ability moves.)

Stats:
Atk: 180 (+45)
Def: 110 (+15)
SpAtk: 98 (+30)
SpDef: 87 (+5)
Spe: 70 (+5)

New Moves: Roost

Explanation: This Sirfetch'd is designed heavily around the idea and process of knight-styled fencing matches, where playing on the defensive and searching for openings is key to victory. A parry in combat tends to be defined as being a means of positioning oneself for a counter-attack, which this ability in essence does. Although a very powerful effect, it is contingent on Sirfetch'd moving last. However, its nuclear attack stat plays a very deliberate role here in the sense that you can attempt to move first to exploit it, at the cost of your incredible bulk, which is an issue that's exacerbated by Sirfetch'd's signature STAB in Close Combat. Using it last, though, can lead to a deadly counter attack or boosting opportunity after soaking an otherwise hazardous hit. Roost was a move I felt flavorfully suited Sirfetch'd as a bird, but also was necessary to give Sirfetch'd the longevity necessary to really make this ability work. This overall allows for Sirfetch'd to act as a really cool and powerful physical Fighting-type tank with not only great flavor, but a deliberate effect that forces the Sirfetch'd user to plan and execute each turn carefully.

Mega Porygon-Z

/

Ability: Beast Boost

Stats:
Atk: 120 (+40)
Def: 74 (+4)
SpAtk: 137 (+2)
SpDef: 125 (+50)
Spe: 94 (+4)

New Moves: Work Up, Stored Power, Extreme Speed

Explanation: Porygon-Z is claimed in the Pokedex to be humanity's attempt at transcending dimensions and mastering interdimensional travel. Porygon-Z was a shattered mess due to this concept not truly being actualized, but there exists interdimensional threats in the Pokemon world able to warp the fabrics of reality: Ultra Beasts. Mega Evolution grants Porygon-Z the final upgrade it needed to truly master its programming via the essence of the Ultra Beasts. In doing so, it dons an Ultra Beast-esque stat spread and a Psychic-typing that reflects the cosmic, interdimensional travelling mastery of Solgaleo and Lunala.

From a competitive standpoint, I feel as though Beast Boost is the only snowballing ability that has some creative integrity since it encourages unique EV spreads, and not only was the flavor screaming to me, but it also was an incredible complement to Porygon-Z's access to pre-mega Download to give it versatile and flexible boosting that is reinforced nicely by its wild coverage, and natural, wicked setup options. I chose to expand upon this by giving it a feasible option to exploit these boosts in the form of Stored Power, while also letting it speck into a mixed set with Work Up and STAB Extreme Speed. A shitload of Special Defense was also a decision I liked not only for the flavor but also because it aids it in potential setup with its typing in mind, while ensuring that Porygon-Z's speed tier remains balanced.

Hello, everyone!!
It's now time for the submission phase to close and for voting to begin!!

As always, I really appreciate everyone who took the time to respond to the feedback I gave!! It seems like almost everyone managed to edit their subs in time, which is awesome! O:

I'll still take this opportunity to tag everyone who didn't make it in case you still wanted to make changes, of course!
As is the usual policy, it's not too late to update your sub if you just didn't have time in the last 24 hours! If you need to make any changes to a disqualified sub before the voting phase closes, just let me know by DM or in the Discord, and I'll add it back right away if it's fixed! As long as there are still people voting, you have time to win their votes, haha.

With that said, subs from the following people are still being excluded at the moment:

:golduck: Erphuan the Fluffy and Double Iron Bash (both of you did fix your other subs, though! gonna guess you withdrew your Golduck on purpose, but I feel like I should tag you anyway to be safe!)
:porygon-z: Regic Boat I think you tried to edit this, but it's not really improved, sorry;;, Tapler and Lapzaplerq
:sirfetchd: bekama

(on that note, since they weren't edited: I can confirm that I was DMed about The Damned and Exploziff's Golduck subs, so I will be including both of them separately by request! they didn't need to change anything C:)

If any of you still want to make changes and get them in, now would be the time!
Every other submission (unless I missed anything but definitely please yell at me if I did) is included! Thank you guys so much for your cooperation and your fantastic ideas! C:

In addition, huge thanks to inkbug and Hematemesis for compiling the other two Pokémon this slate!
This went way more smoothly and quickly than it ever has before, and I cannot express enough how much I appreciate the help and how much easier it was thanks to them! ;u;
We'll probably keep this up going forward, with different council members doing the compilations each slate, and hopefully that means the slate-closing posts will be up more consistently on time in the future than they have been with just me over the last few months! C:

One quick general update on :porygon-z: Porygon-Z first:​
As we discussed the remaining submissions during this compilation process, we agreed that I was very remiss not to point out a recurring issue with coverage moves on Porygon-Z! We won't be excluding any entire submissions for this because it's so last-minute, but it will be enforced on the winner:​
Special Fire-type and Fighting-type coverage moves are to be excluded from all :porygon-z: Mega Porygon-Z submissions unconditionally!​
If the winning submission is one that has tried to add moves of these types, it will obviously still be the winner, but any special additions of those types will be ignored and will not be added to Porygon-Z's movepool regardless.

The thing about Porygon-Z is that, as I've tried to express in some of the other vetoes and in my comments before the slate began, it's already a strong Pokémon with a very expansive movepool. In addition, regardless of the power level of its Mega Evolution, its base form also has a unique and powerful array of setup options (particularly its unique Z-Conversion set) that are primarily kept in check by just a few walls, mostly Steel-types with weaknesses to these two types in common.
Even though Porygon-Z isn't viable right now, setup sweepers in general - let alone ones with qualities like omniboosting and Adaptability - are easily tipped over the edge when the specific Pokémon and types that are meant to wall them no longer can, and giving Porygon-Z access to strong special coverage of these types is very likely to be a dangerous buff to its base form.
Also it's a Nasty Plot sweeper with Bolt Beam and it should really go without saying that extra coverage for the sake of it is not something it deserves.

Thank you for understanding, and really sorry not to have made a point of this sooner! I should really have thought it through during the veto post instead, haha; I'm glad to have had support from the council and other members of the Discord in making this call regardless! C:​

Without further ado, here is my section of the compilation post!

Slate 34 Voting

Reminder on Voting Rules

For a reminder, Megas for All uses a variation on instant runoff voting, meaning that it uses a systematic process of elimination to find the submission that's supported by the most people. This system takes into account both the total number of people who voted for the submission at all and how those people ranked it in relation to any other submissions that have not been eliminated.

Your votes should consist of however many submissions you like.​
Including a submission in your post at all is "voting for it," but you can vote for as many (or as few) as you want! It doesn't have to be exactly three.​
Your votes should also be ranked from most preferred to least preferred, just like they were in the previous system.​

It's also now acceptable to self-vote in first!​
One of the benefits of the new system is that you get less extreme an advantage from this and there's not as much room for one individual to swing the results dramatically in their own favor, so we can afford to loosen up the rules in that area.​
That said, I would still ask you to include at least two other people in your vote if one of your votes is for yourself (this was already in the rules before).​

Please make sure you tell inkbug if you edit your vote! He generally adds them to his list as soon as they're posted, so edits may go unnoticed. You can contact him on his profile here or on the Discord. C:​

Legal Submissions

Kappuh:
kappa.png

Mega Golduck:
Type:Water/Psychic
Ability: WIP
-If user get hitted by a super effective move, opponent will get locked in that move for the next 2 turn.
Stats:80/95(swap spatk)/118(+40)/82(swap atk)/120(+40)/105(+20)
New Moves: Recover
Flavour:Confusive Duck
Competitive Design: So basically, every super effective move hit this thing, will turn into outrage for the next 2 turn, and without the confusion part, for balance purpose. You take a super effective hit, you switch out for the next 2 turn, into sth that would be ok to tank the hit. You just sit there and set up anyway you want for the second turn. It has 5 weaknesses, and each one of them have at least one way to play around with. Rattle for Bug, Ghost and Dark. Justified for Dark. Sap Sipper for Grass. Ground types, Motor Drive, Lightning Rod, Volt Absorb for Electric. Normal types for Ghost. And WP for everything that share a weakness with this thing.
Mega Golduck
Type: Water/Psychic
Ability: Magic Bounce
Stats:
  • HP: 80 (+0)
  • Attack: 82 (+0)
  • Defense: 113 (+35)
  • Special Attack: 115 (+20)
  • Special Defense: 115 (+35)
  • Speed: 95 (+10)
New Moves: Recover, Teleport

Competitive Design: This is probably the most basic of this set of Megas. It's basically a combination of Slowbro and Slowking without Regenerator. That's pretty much it.

mega golduck

water/psychic
stats
hp- 80
atk- 82(+25)>107
def- 78(+17)>95
spa- 95(+30)>125
spd- 80(+20)>100
spe- 85(+18)>103

ability: migraine- moves that cause confusion have their BP doubled

new moves: dizzy punch

so with mega golduck i knew i had to do something with confusion since that's basically psyduck's whole thing so i give you migraine! now it's able to have some really interesting movesets on the physical or special side with 120 bp water pulse and 130 bp psybeam, or (with the help of hone claws) a very interesting physical set with 140 bp dizzy punch and an insane 200 bp dynamic punch! this combination of moves means you can never really know if your facing a physical or special attacker, leaving you just as confused as psyduck
:sm/golduck:
Mega Golduck

Type:

Ability:
Psychic Surge

ATK: 117 (+35)
DEF: 78
SPA: 120 (+25)
SPD: 80
SPE: 125 (+40)

New moves: Psychic Terrain, Work Up

Though Golduck does not suffer from the constant headaches that plague its pre-evolution, Mega-Golduck is so overwhelmed by its psychic powers that it cannot contain them within itself. This agitates it, and it turns a lot more aggressive. Increased attacking stats and higher speed reflect this and also give it a more offensive presence. Water/Psychic has an interesting offensive interaction, as its now terrain boosted Psychic STABs are going to hit quite hard, and it has access to STAB Scald as a very safe midground click to punish both targets that stay in, as well as incoming Psychic resists. Its increased Atk makes its Flip turns more threatening, and gives it the option to run physical or mixed sets, potentially with Work Up and CC. This would enable it to check mons with low Def, like Blissey, which it now 2hko's with Cross Chop when invested in Atk. Flip Turn also enables it to support its team more efficiently, as no other Psychic Terrain setters have access to momentum moves.

:golduck:
Mega Golduck
New Ability
: Spectral Anger
Type:

New stats:
Attack: 115 (+33)
Defense: 80 (+2)
Special Attack: 115 (+20)
Special Defense: 115 (+35)
Speed: 95 (+10)
(600 BST)

New moves: Shadow Ball, Nasty Plot, Recover
Description: mixed attacker golduck. althought its got no physical boosting moves, it has spectral anger. flavor wise, theres not much flavor for it. however, it can utilize power up punch, something mimikyu doesnt have, to get an instant plus 2. it also has nasty plot for special oriented sets. sadly, normally, it doesnt have shadow ball for some reason. so yeah its there. recover gives it reliable recovery, tho it might not use that much.
Golduck-Mega
New Typing:
/
{typing was pure Water}
New Ability: Prankster {abilities were Damp / Cloud Nine / Swift Swim (hidden ability)}

NEW STATS
HP:
Atk: 082
Def: 078 → 108 (+30)
SpA: 095 → 112 (+17)
SpD: 080 → 093 (+13)
Spe: 085 → 125 (+40)
(BST: 500 → 600)

Movepool Additions: Dark Pulse, Draining Kiss, Fake Tears, Night Slash, Sucker Punch, Taunt

Pokédex Description: Pokémon Sword: "The energy of Mega Evolution has made Golduck faster on land at the cost of making its mischievousness into malice."
Pokémon Shield: "It is still lithe and startlingly quick despite its increased muscle mass, though in some ways it is now faster on land than it is in water."

Design Notes: To keep it actually simple for once, I merely choose to focus on the mischievousness of the kappa and how that sometimes turns into actual malice and cruel "jokes" as mythological pranksters so often do. That's why it is both now part-Dark and has Prankster. After that, letting it continue to focus on SpA was an easy choice given it already has calm Mind and given Water/Dark is well-represented on the physical side already. Greninja's very overpowered existence is something of a problem of it, but it is at least faster than base Calm Mind as well being bulkier than both forms of that obnoxious mon as well as all other Water/Dark types save for the much slower Gyarados-Mega. This Golduck-Mega can either be used a finisher via Calm Mind and Draining Kiss, general set-up mon with Calm Mind and Rest, or just annoying supporting with priority Fake Tears to "encourage" switches while already having Focus Blast for other Dark types in addition to now having Draining Kiss.
:swsh/Golduck:
Name: Mega Golduck @ Golduckite
Typing:

Base Stats: 80 HP / 82 Atk / 98 Def / 155 SpA / 90 SpD / 95 Spe [BST: 600] ( +20 Def, +60 SpA, +10 SpD, +10 Spe )
Ability: Synchronicity - This Pokémon’s STAB moves are super effective on its own types.*
Notable Moves: ( +2 )
Flip Turn
Hydro Pump, Scald, Ice Beam, Focus Blast, +Energy Ball, Muddy Water (VGC), Whirlpool
Calm Mind, Soak, +Reflect Type
Intended Role: Special Wall Breaker

Description:
539652d7bbbd25d1b8295ec191772fa6bc9ece14_00.gif
79s5kcqqcv941.gif
43000793c7d795b662c33c29ccad27156ccf0038r1-499-374_00.gif

Pure Water-type Mega Evolution??? For the Pokémon line that has clear canon connections to the Psychic-type (despite not belonging to it)?
"The gem on its forehead glows when it uses its psychic powers."
"However, when its headache becomes too severe, Psyduck releases tension in the form of strong psychic powers."

Yes! I chose to create a pure Water-type Mega Evolution for Golduck for flavor and competitive reasons. One of Psyduck/Golduck's biggest motifs/quirks is that they are not part Psychic-type while clearly being hinted at as being such. One route many go down while making a Mega for them is creating a Water/Psychic-type to finally alleviate Golduck of its non Psychic shame. While this is a great take, I wanted to continue its non Psychic motif, because in my opinion, that's part of what makes the Golduck line stand out!

Considering the Megas that have been added, we already have two strong Water/Psychic-type special attackers (Mega-Slowking/Mega-Starmie). Type overlap isn't a huge issue when creating a Mega since new Water/Psychic-types can always differ competitively, but a Pure Water-type Golduck would just create less competition with them, and further grant it a new niche.

The new niche it develops with its ability Synchronicity is that it becomes a Water-type that can break through other Waters. While this may seem trivial at first glance, some of the Water-type Wall Breakers we already have are troubled by other Waters. For example, Greninja, Keldeo, and Urshifu-Rapid-Strike (depending on their set) have a difficult time breaking through the likes of Tapu Fini and Toxapex. Mega Golduck, on the other hand, wouldn't have this problem. It would also be able to put pressure on offensive Water-types since they can't switch into it as easily. Its stronger effectiveness is a trade off since unlike Greninja, Keldeo, and Urshifu-Rapid-Strike, Mega Golduck wouldn't be holding an item like Choice Scarf/Specs/Band. Golduck also has a very interesting tool with Soak. While soak doesn't have a lot of usage on many Water-types, on Mega Golduck, it would grant it a lot of utility. Mega Golduck's toolkit stands out from other Water-types in a way that expands the typing's range as a whole.

VGC
In VGC, Muddy Water would be a lot more potent. Tapu Fini and Mega Slowking are some really great mons in M4A VGC, and Mega Golduck would be able to hit them both super effectively while resisting their Water STAB. This is especially important against Ally Switch Mega Slowking sets since Muddy Water would be able to hit it regardless if it switches positions. It even has potential to 2hko them, especially after a Calm Mind or Rain boost. Mega Dhelmise is also a great Pokémon in M4A VGC, and it already essentially has a Water weakness under Primordial Sea (Since it doesn't resist Water and Rain boosts Water-type attacks). Another interesting tool (that would be a little less viable compared to standard Mega Golduck VGC sets) is Reflect Type. It has the potential to pair with a specific teammate to take advantage of Reflect Type. There will definitely be a lot of room for exploration in VGC with Mega Golduck.

Mix and M4A
In Mix and M4A, Golduckite would definitely be an interesting tool since Synchronicity could be applied to any Pokémon regardless of its typing. In my opinion, Mix and M4A stands out as a format because it can be quite chaotic -much like standard Mix and Mega- (in a great way)! There are a great number of sets and Mega Stone combinations to be explored, and Golduckite would only contribute to this.
Some specific flavor I wanted to include for Synchronicity aside from Golduck having Psychic powers (and having access to Synchronoise) is that it is definitely noted as being a great swimmer in flavor text, so who's to say it's not an amazing synchronized swimmer?

Mega Golduck
Water/Psychic
Ability: Cloud Nine/Swift Swim/Damp->Luminous Shield: If the user is hit by a Dark move, receives +1 in Def. Dark moves do not affect the user.
Stats

Atk: 82->
92 (+10)
Def: 78-> 98 (+20)
SpA: 95-> 125 (+30)
SpD: 80-> 110 (+30)
Spe: 85-> 95 (+10)
New Moves: +Aura Sphere, Dazzling Gleam, Recover

Description: The Psychic energy in Golduck's gem surrounds its body in a protective aura that protects it from Dark moves. In addition to covering a key weakness, this immunity means that Mega Golduck can absorb Knock Off, block Parting Shot and Taunt, and cannot be Pursuit trapped; it can also smack Dark types with Focus Blast or new coverage in Aura Sphere or Dazzling Gleam. Mega Golduck can either use the defense boosts to serve as a late game CM sweeper, or make itself annoying throughout a game with options like Flip Turn and Future Sight (since most Dark types don't wanna stay in against it) while keeping itself healthy with Recover. If you want your Mega to cover a Dark weakness, Golduck's got you covered.
It's good to be back again lads
Mega Golduck :Golduck:
New Ability: Cloud nine
Type: Water Psychic

New stats:
Hp:80
Atk:96 (+11)
Def:84(+6)
Spa:126 (+31)
Spd:94 (+14)
Speed:121 (+36)

New moves: Nasty Plot, Energy ball.
Description: Made it the ultimate weather sweeper counter thanks to cloud nine. At 121 speed, timid outspeeds max speed adamant barraskewda. Mostly to retain Golduck's funny conbination of ability and typing which in gen 7 made it the only pokemon capable of ohko groudon with hydro pump under desolate land. Also with psychic typing golduck finally gains the so called psychic powers that its line boasts about, as well as giving it some interesting coverage for certain sweepers like venusaur (Also if you are based enough you could use it to hit toxapex with STAB synchronoise). Finally I gave it some basic psychic type coverage because Golduck deserves it and it allows it to hit mega starmie for super effective damage (seriously, fuck that Mon, I hate fighting against it.)
Mega Golduck
New Ability
: Oracle (Psychic moves hit Dark. Immune to Intimidate)
Type:

New stats:
Attack: 82(+3) --> 85
Defense: 78(+32) --> 110
Special Attack: 95(+30) --> 125
Special Defense: 80(+30) --> 110
Speed: 85(+5) --> 90
(BST): 500(+100)--> 600

New moves: Recover
Description:
One thing I found interesting about Golduck's Pokedex entries is that all of them speak of it as an elegant expert, with some mentioning its psychic powers showing when the red orb on its forehead glows. So I imagine that upon Mega Evolution, its abilities heighten, and now it can even hit Dark types with its moves.
Golduck is an interesting user of Scrappy-but-Psychic. It has access to Future Sight, which alongside Recover makes it a great support for its teammates. While Slowbro and Slowking can do this too with the bonus of Regenerator, Golduck's Speed combined with Flip Turn means that it won't go last all the time. And while Starmie also has Flip Turn with the bonus of Natural Cure, Golduck's Future Sight can hit Dark types, meaning the opponent has fewer options for switching in. Alternatively, a Calm Mind set can be used to set up late game and sweep, since Dark types can't counter it as easily.

252+ SpA Golduck Future Sight vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Greninja-Ash: 277-327 (97.1 - 114.7%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Golduck Future Sight vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Weavile: 238-282 (84.6 - 100.3%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Golduck Future Sight vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Hydreigon: 228-268 (70.1 - 82.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Golduck Psychic vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Drapion: 398-470 (141.6 - 167.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Golduck Psychic vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Pangoro: 414-488 (125 - 147.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Mega Golduck
New Ability
: Nature Protector (Storm Drain Clone for Poison)
Type:
Water/Fairy
New stats:
Defense: 110(+32)
Special Defense: 100(+20)
Speed: 118(+23)
(600)
New moves: Recover, Moonblast, Draining Kiss
:swsh/golduck:

:Golduck: Mega Golduck
Ability
: Agitation (When hit by a super effective move, raises SpA by one)
Type: Water/Psychic
Stats:
Atk: 82
Def: 118 (+40)
SpA: 135 (+40))
SpD: 70 (-10)
Spe: 115 (+30)
New Moves: Agility

Description: This was made with the goal of punishing some common moves. The two most notable ones are Knock Off and U-Turn, both of whjch can be taken by this pretty easily at least once, which then puts you in a very good situation (notably if you manage to use Agility). I don't have much else to say about it, it's a pretty straightforward sub.

Mega Golduck

Types:

Ability: Brainwave
("This Pokémon's Water type moves and Psychic type moves switch typing and receive a 1.2x damage boost.")

Stats:
Attack: 82 -> 100 (+18)
Defense: 78 -> 90 (+12)
SpAtk: 95 -> 110 (+15)
SpDef: 80 -> 90 (+10)
Speed: 85 -> 130 (+45)

New Moves: Stored Power, Expanding Force, Dream Eater, Psywave
Mega Golduck is a very intelligent pokemon. It plays with its opponent's mind by switching the effectiveness of its best two attacking types, tormenting them, until they're too confused to fight back. After finishing them off it retreats into the water, dragging a new trophy along with it. It's fighting style incorporates its psychic powers to help guide the water, and the rush of waves to amplify and spread its psychic energy.
I think Golduck is lacking two things. Good stats, and a logical typing. I mean come on, I don't care how unique being pure water may be to it, its wet garbage, yeah, if you thought hot garbage was bad well you have another thing coming! It's not very strong, its nice to clear weather, but it doesn't do anything unique aside from that

I gave it this ability because it allows room for some interesting options. We all know JosJet's golduck is good against waters, and this one can be too! With STAB Psychic Flip Turn, it can chip damage on unsuspecting pokemon like Keldeo, Toxapex, Urshifu, Roserade, Venusaur and Tapu Fini! It can also finish them off with Aqua Jet using its base 100 attack, which isn't too shabby.

Preferably you'd want Scald to be water, so you don't have to mega evolve immediately unless you're in desperate need of some speed which in that case can still help you get burns off on opposing water types while also packing a punch.

Expanding Force can be a great asset against Tapu Lele, as it still gets strengthened by the terrain while also being unresisted. You might get away with psyshocking it too, despite the attack being unaffected by psychic surge. Stored Power having no immunities makes golduck more threatening to snowball through teams, though its bulk isn't great and it has no means of recovery. Psywave is great for defensive sets if you're still willing to pull it off, as its basically seismic toss but it hits everything.

Future sight is the biggest one here, as being Water opens more room to hit Corviknight, Heatran, or opposing ground types that want to desperately wall your Electric type teammates.

So while this ability doesn't directly benefit Golduck, it helps to play mind games with your opponent in the heat of battle, while also confusing them as to which moves are which type. No one's used to switching in Toxapex on a scald and being hit supereffectively! I think its an interesting ability to have and I hope you do too! Maybe there are other types that would benefit from being swapped with another, and this is especially showcased with Zebstrika's Vajra, even if its not directly swapping them. It shows that Dark is a very good typing utility wise and when made stab for another pokemon it can be very threatening with things like Pursuit, Knock Off or Sucker Punch.
i have a sub!
One Duck,
Two Duck,
Red Duck,
... Golduck?

Golduck
Ability: Adaptabiity
Water-Fighting
New Moves: Teleport, Pin Missile, Sky Uppercut

Attack: 125 (+43)
Defense: 78
Spatk: 97 (+2)
Spdef: 108 (+28)
Speed: 112 (+27)

i just want a full adaptability team, complete with a mega. okay?
Golduck  sprite from Sword & Shield
Mega Golduck
New Ability
: Speed boost
Type: Water | Electric

New stats:
HP:80
Attack: 90 (+8)
Defense: 90 (+12)
Special Attack: 150 (+55)
Special Defense: 90 (+10)
Speed:100 (+15)
(BST)500->600

New moves: Thunderbolt , Drill peck (literally has a beak), extreme speed, supersonic, sonic boom.
Description: All its pokedex entries mention golduck’s incredible swimming abilities so I decided to base its mega ability off that. It also mentions in older entries how it swims so fast that it begins to glow. That's where I got the idea for thunderbolt. Rest of the moves are for flavor.
Mega :swsh/golduck: Golduck
Type:
Water
Mega Stone: Golduckite

Ability: Mind Rider - This Pokemon's speed is doubled on Psychic Terrain.
(Surge Surfer clone)

Stats:
Stats:
HP - 80 (+0)
ATK - 82 (+0)
DEF - 98 (+20)
SPA - 155 (+60)
SPD - 100 (+20)
SPE - 85 (+0)

New Moves: Shadow Ball, Psychic Terrain, Expanding Force, Recover

Description:
Dex Entry: The power of Mega Evolution overwhelms Golduck, returning the chronic migraines of its Psyduck days with a vengeance. The pain stunts all of Golduck's skill and elegance as a swimmer - however, basking in the energy of Psychic Terrain temporarily brings it peace, and allows it to achieve a state of enlightenment. During this state, Mega Golduck fights and kills with a ferocious grace in or out of the water - now, nowhere is safe.

Golduck has always had this strange juxtaposition as being extremely heavily tied to the psychic type through both flavor and movepool, despite never receiving the Psychic type itself - staying pure Water. I decided to keep this theme by giving it an ability that helped and promoted the Psychic strengths while maintaining the defensive potential of not actually having it as a type. The new ability also cripples it in a way compared to the base form - Golduck has always been solid on rain teams with how powerful and easy to use its ability is. However, with proper use of its new ability, despite being more restrictive, Golduck reaches much higher offensive potential than base.
This Mega Golduck combines the offensive potential of Psychic with the defensive potential of Water in a way that retains all of the gimmicks of Golduck - non-Psychic Psychic, speed doubling ability, etc. - and synergizes perfectly with the modus operandi - Psychic Terrain. While I'm usually against making clones of abilities for the "what if this ability but with this Pokemon's ideal type/weather/etc.", having a Psychic Terrain version of Surge Surfer (which I guess could also be considered a clone of Swift Swim, Golduck's ability) is cool in how it interacts with the Psychic Terrain itself.

You see, since Psychic Terrain blocks priority moves, it completely shuts down one of the most common methods of revenging a fast Pokemon. In addition, even with maintaining Golduck's base speed, it can outspeed everything in the game that isn't Scarfed or boosted in some way. Even when taking Modest instead of Timid, it outspeeds everything besides a max speed with nature Regieleki. This synergy means Mega Golduck truly goes first when it gets up Psychic Terrain, and you just have to deal with it. In addition, since Psychic Terrain autosetters are basically non-existent with Lele banned and Indeedee being dog in singles, this also makes Mega Golduck a viable manual terrain setter, since doing so is effectively the same as both Agility and a (slightly worse) Nasty Plot in the same turn.

This is because by stacking the power boosts from Psychic Terrain as well as Expanding Force's own enhanced damage under it, Mega Golduck can provide an incredible offensive Psychic threat that outdamages Surf and just barely falls shy of Hydro Pump, despite not even having STAB on it. This is beneficial, since not having the Psychic type means that Golduck doesn't have to fear Pursuit, Knock Off, or U-Turn, which are staples in the meta. This better defensive typing lets it take advantage of its bulkier stat spread, granting it multiple potential builds and movesets. A quick to start, hard-hitting cleaner with Hydro Pump, Expanding Force, Ice Beam and Psychic Terrain? Or a bulkier setup sweeper with Expanding Force, Calm Mind, Recover and Psychic Terrain? You might even be able to run some other support like Terrain Extender Slowbro (thanks Paul for the example) in order to free up the last move slot, letting the immediate hitter take Shadow Ball as bonus coverage.

While Mega Golduck can work in singles, it's much more potent in VGC. Already, strategies like weather and terrain can be a lot more powerful in the format, but Mega Golduck has even more reasons why it shines in doubles. Namely, the only existing auto-setter for it is suddenly an actual viable option. Female Indeedee has loads of support for it in the doubles format such as screens, Follow Me, and of course providing it with immediate Psychic Terrain just by existing. Mega Golduck's two best and most reliable moves are also great in doubles, being Surf and Expanding Force, which means it can dish out a lot of damage, and do so before the enemy has the option to react. Psychic Terrain also shuts down stuff like Fake Out as an added bonus, and neither Mega Golduck nor Indeedee care at all about Intimidate.
New Ability
: Down-to-Earth (While this Pokémon is active, the effects of terrains are disabled.) (Mega-Lycanroc-Midday's ability)

New stats:
Attack: 82 (+0)
Defense: 78 --> 103 (+25)
Special Attack: 95 --> 120 (+25)
Special Defense: 80 (+0)
Speed: 85 --> 135 (+50)
(BST) 500 --> 600

New moves: Lovely Kiss
Description: Down-to-Earth is the terrain equivalent of Cloud Nine and since Golduck is the most well known Cloud Nine user, it fits perfectly. It also makes excellent use of the ability however, since ignoring terrain allows it to be a water type that doesn't fear Rillaboom (In fact, it can KO it after a Calm Mind boost or some chip). It can also use Lovely Kiss through electric and misty terrain which would both render sleep moves useless. Speaking of Lovely Kiss, I gave it to Golduck so it didn't have to rely on the innacurate Hypnosis or the slow Yawn. It does fit Golduck pretty well however, since it's based on a Kappa, a pretty scary Yo-Kai which fits very well with Lovely Kiss's japanese name, Demon Kiss. In singles, Mega-Golduck will most likely make use of a set using Lovely Kiss and Calm Mind, using its Sleep move to get enough time to boost up with Calm Mind. Its water and ice coverage is good, though it could struggle against water types. Luckily, Golduck doesn't have too much to fear from pokemon such as Slowking and Greninja once it has acquired enough boosts. While I don't know much about the format, Golduck can also be a good support pokemon in VGC, removing terrains that could annoy its teammate while also making use of support options such as Encore and having a good spread move in the form of Muddy Water.
:golduck: Golduck
Ability : Prankster
Hp : 80
Atk : 82
Def : 108
SpA : 115
Spd : 110
Spe : 105
New move : Recover

A little take on the kappa , that are know for being pranskter creature Golduck may not seem to be the best mon to use that ability at first glance , but it has surprinsing amount of cool utility : Encore , disable , Psychup , Charm. I think having a diiferent kind of option from regular prankster (as well as a very different typing) could be a cool take on that ability.

Competitively speaking Prankster alongside Flip turn and Encore/disable allow for some nice team support by reducing your opponent option into answering one of your sweeper. It is also great at stopping setup sweeper by just clicking encore after the opposing mon tried boosting itself. It can easily switch into most setup sweeper due to its good bulk allowing more forgiving attempt to stop sweep when your opponent click an attacking move.

Other than that there is also the option to use the duck a setup sweeper itself , using the combination of scald burn , calm mind , sub and recover to make yourself increadibly hard to kill. Its naturally godd speed mean you won't have too invest too much in it to outspeed slower and stronger threat that would be able to breack you without you being able to try scald burning them befeore. Charm is also an option as it can help punish physical attacker , it can for exemple allow you to win the duel vs scarf kartana :

-2 252 Atk Kartana Leaf Blade vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Golduck: 132-156 (36.2 - 42.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Pranskter Yawn is also a neat way to force sweeper out, or create setup opportunity for your teammate when combined with flip turn.

Lastly some other nice option exist such as trapping your opponent with whirlpool and abusing disable to kill them while they can't hit you with anything strong enough , or psychup in order to copy your opponent boost and reverse sweep them (hello volcarona , that some nice boost you have there , mind if i borrow them ? :3 )
Mega Golduck

New Ability:
Enforcer
The faster the user is than the target, the stronger its psychic moves. Damage calculation based on Electro Ball.
Example: If, say, Electro Ball did 80 to a target, the user's psychic moves would be increased by 80%.

New stats:
Defense: 75 → 93 (+15)
Special Attack: 95 → 130 (+35)
Special Defense: 80 → 95 (+15)
Speed: 85 → 120 (+35)
BST: 500 → 600

New moves:
Expanding Force, Fake Out, Agility, Electro Ball

Description:
1) Concept
The Pokédex mentions how the red gem in their forehead starts to shine when Golduck swim fast; once it glows, Golduck can unleash their full (psychic) power. Since Agility is a Psychic move relying on fast movement, I thought it would be a perfect idea to combine it with the custom ability that allows Mega Golduck to launch powerful psychic attacks the faster it is than its target.

2) Competitive
The ability encourages you to run Agility, an underused move, for wallbreaking power.

The combo is particular effective against slow defensive Pokémon like Toxapex, Relaxed Tangrowth or Blissey, OHKOing the first two with Psychic and 2HKOing the latter with Psyshock. Against fast Pokémon like Garchomp or Serperiour, Mega Golduck's psychic moves are increased by 60% without Agility. After one Agility, they are boosted by 80% but they fail to OHKO the aforementioned fast Pokémon, even if you do run Sticky Web or use Agility a second time, making this ability therefore balanced. After all, Psychic is Mega Golduck's strongest and most reliable move and not as strong as something like Hydro Pump. Moreover, Golduck is a pure Water Pokémon, so its psychic moves are not further boosted by STAB.

Electro Ball has synergy with Agility and can be seen as a reference to its electric power in the cardgame, as indicated by Misty's Golduck or by Delta Golduck, the latter being turned into an Electric Pokémon through a scientific experiment. The electric move can be useful against Slowbro, Pyukumuku or Corviknight.

As for Future Sight, it has an interesting interaction with the custom ability, making it either very strong or very weak against a target.

In VGC, you can make use of Fake Out to set up Tailwind with the help of your partner while likely preventing your opponent from speed manipulation. Afterwards, you can send out a Psychic terrain setter and allow Mega Golduck to launch powerful Expanding Force.

Now, why is Golduck a pure Water? There are already too many Water / Psychic Pokémon, and it would face tough competition from them. Moreover, a pure Water type makes the custom ability balanced and is good defensively; you don't add more weaknesses if Mega Golduck were Water/Psychic or in a Psychic spam core. Moreover, the custom ability already alludes to its psychic power and basically grants it a pseudo Psychic STAB.
Mega Golduck
Typing: Water/Fairy
Ability: Neuroforce

Stats: 80/90/80/130/100/120 (+0, +8, +2, +35, +20, +35)
New Moves: Moonblast, Dazzling Gleam, Play Rough, Snipe Shot[/B]

This is the classic Pokédex entry-based Mega Evolution.
1. When its forehead shines mysteriously, Golduck can use the full extent of its power. This is the reason why we chose Neuroforce for our Mega Golduck's ability.
2. When it swims at full speed using its long, webbed limbs, its forehead somehow begins to glow. another reason for it but this explains the high speed.
3. This Pokémon lives in gently flowing rivers. It paddles through the water with its long limbs, putting its graceful swimming skills on display. By the graceful part on that entry, we chose Fairy as our secondary type.

Cool water fairy wallbreaker that can use snipe shot hydro pump moonblast and some other moves very well as a special wallbreaker.
Mega Golduck
New Ability
: Sniper*
Type: Water/Psychic:

New stats:
Attack: 72 --> 107 (+25)
Defense: 78 --> 98 (+20)
Special Attack: 95 --> 110 (+15)
Special Defense: 80 --> 100 (+20)
Speed: 85 --> 105 (+20)
(BST) 500 --> 600

New Moves: Focus Energy, Thunderbolt, Snipe Shot, Psycho Cut, Recover, Foresight, Mind Reader

Flavour: "Upon Mega Evolution, Golduck's gem reveals a third eye and it's psychic powers are boosted greatly, letting it see into the future and scry on it's targets

Competitive Description: A strong and faster Crit machine with decent bulk, letting it at least set-up once with Focus Energy.
* we talked on the Discord and I think he consented to give this Sniper instead of his custom Ability, which is required by the rules
:bw/golduck:

Mega: Golduck
Ability: Technician
Stats:
HP:
Attack: 120(+48)
Defense: 80(+7)

Special Defense: 80(+5)
Speed: 100(+15)

New Moves: Grass Knot, Force Palm, Triple Axel, Acid Spray

Description: Technician might not make complete sense on a mon like golduck, but it looks like its actually really good when the word ''technician'' come in my mind(dont get me wrong, even roserade and smeargle got technician)

This mega has 2 ways of being used, first, the physical set, which has access to Hone claws for boosting, Power up punch as an alternative, Aqua jet for priority, triple axel for ice coverage, it also has aerial ace and the newly added force palm if it wants to use it.

The special set makes use of calm mind, hidden power, water pulse, maybe even grass knot, ice beam/icy wind etc.

Flip turn is an option on both type of sets if it wants to pivot and not sweep or wallbreak.
(please yell at me if I messed anything up or missed anything!)

Anddd... that should be all I have for you this evening! Tagging Hematemesis for Porygon-Z subs! C:

Last edited:
:Simisear: Yo yo yo, Bolivia here with the sub compilation post for the duck. Wait, there are 3 ducks? Gotcha! Sorry I couldn't make a sub this time around. Started school the same day the slate started so life has been tenuous while I adjust. Hope you enjoy this quick compilation I made of all the Porygon-Z submissions. If I do say so myself, these submissions were all really good!! If I didn't include you, it means your mega was vetoed and you did not change it enough/at all.
:Porygon: :Porygon2: :Porygon-Z:
:porygon-z: Mega Porygon-Z
Ability: Erratic Movement (When this Pokemon uses a status move, it's speed raises by 1. When using an offensive move, it's speed is lowered by 1.)
Stats:
Atk: 110 (+30)
Def: 90 (+20)
SpA: 165 (+30)
SpD: 95 (+20)
Spe: 90
Description: OK so this one is probably the weirdest submission i made this slate. Erratic Movement is a pretty interesting ability, giving it a boost in speed with moves like Nasty Plot, Protect or Recover. Though, it's sweeping potential is wildly reduced by the fact it slows down after using an offensive move, whuch makes counterplay way easier. Outside of the ability, it's a pretty bulky but really powerful wallbreaker.
Mega Porygon-Z

Types:

Ability: Reinitialize
("When this pokemon uses a move of a type other than its own, all stat changes on the field are reset.")

Stats:
Attack: 80 ->
Defense: 70 -> 79 (+9)
SpAtk: 135 -> 195 (+60)
SpDef: 75 -> 95 (+20)
Speed: 90 -> 101 (+11)

New Moves: Acupressure, Growth
Flavor
Update 2.0 has been released to the public for Porygon-Z. Unfortunately there was a bug in the program and porygon-z is only capable of excelling in one task at a time. Guess they should've added more RAM. Anyway porygon-z becomes connected again and takes on a space shuttle like appearance, enhancing its abilities of travel and allowing it to reach the blistering speed tier of 101! It reaches its full potential when voyaging across space, and can store objects inside of it similarly to a pokeball, however there is a limited amount of storage space it has.
Competitive
Porygon-Z is a nightmare to balance. I'm surprised we didn't just reserve it for ubers. It has nasty plot, download, and a bunch of nice coverage. Along with some moves that support it a liiiittle too much. It can recover.

Now, Reinitialize is an ability Hematite used for his mega klinklang submission and lemme tell you it was insane. Mans gave it- You know what. I'm not even gonna spoil it, go see it for yourself: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...telle-conkeldurr.3666825/page-21#post-8591494

Anyways, it's basically a cop-out to balancing a pokemon. I-I mean its basically a cool and effective method of making a mon with overkill stats scale down to a manageable level. The trick is that this PZ can only use moves of the same type to attack and setup unless it hates stat changes. Nasty plot would have to be used beforehand, locking you into Tri attack temporarily.

So then I said "well PZ has conversion, so what if we made the ability more open ended?" If it decides to convert into lets say an Ice type from Ice beam, it can still use Growth before changing type, it just takes a bit of setup. However, it becomes a really powerful attacker WITHOUT setting up since its special attack is so high. With a speed tier like that, you could run webs just to outspeed anything that comes your way.

Some other cool tricks involve Solar Beam + Growth + Conversion under sun. Probably with Recover or Tri Attack so that your normal-type moves aren't useless. Thunderbolt + Conversion allows you to use moves like Thunder Wave without being punished.

Accupessure is a fun way to snowball before changing your type again. It's ludicrous special attack makes any form of speed buff or defense buff insane to counter, because now its actually capable of walling attacks, outspeeding pokemon, and hitting even harder if its lucky. You might save conversion for last with a move like ice beam to shred your opponent later.

Growth makes sense flavor-wise as computers and programs are always evolving, always changing, always growing..

Last but not least, Agility + Conversion can be abused with Psychic or Psyshock.

There are still options to explore, and I want YOU to go and search for them! that way this description's a little interactive and not just a giant block of text you quickly scanned through. Plus this would help you plan out sets if this submission happened to win!
Duckvirus.exe
View attachment 367124
Mega Porygon-z
Type:Normal/Ghost
Ability: Glitched
Use Court Change whenever user use a normal type move
Stats:85/80/120(+50)/135/110(+35)/105(+15)
New moves: Volt Switch
Flavour: duckvirus.exe
Competitive Design: Court change is an amazing move. It helps the user swap the field with the opponent. This can come in handy when your opponent has a screen or you have stacks of hazards. It may seems like Glitch is a hinder ability sometime, because it abuse normal moves often, and it can just switch the hazard back to yourself? Well, it's a skill-based ability. You have access to protect and recover, so if you just switch the hazard back to yourself and your opponent wall you by a ghost type? Easy, just use recover. This thing, unlike the its non mega counterpart, is an utility mon more than a glass cannon. Also, normal/ghost is an awful offensive typing (defensively it's not that amazing too, but yeah) but also giving this a spinblock and immune to trapping.
1629758139330.png

:Porygon-Z: (Normal/Ghost)
Hp : 85
Atk : 135 (+50)
Def : 80 (+10)
SpA : 145 (+10)
SpD : 85 (+10)
Spe : 110 (+20)
Ability : Binary Conversion --> this pokemon special moves turn physical every 2 turn;
New move : Work up

So for my digital duck mega , i decided to remind of its buggy aspect in both ability and type change. Its ability allow it to change its attacking special move into physical every 2 turn allowing P-Z to be difficult to wall by traditional one dimentional check such as blissey and buzzwole for exemple , as they'll have to face the opposing side of what they usually check the next turn after switching on a hit they tank. The ability also allow P-Z to take full adavantage of pre-mega download , as both boost now became usefull. Its typing is here to reflect the dead aspect of an infected files (P-Z being basically a porygon that have been infected by a virus from the corrupted and became buggy). It also interesting competitively as the first Ghost/normal pokemon, being immune to the infamous fighting/ghost combo. This unique typing offer P-Z a defensive niche to check specific pokemon like gengar for exemple , and is only weak to dark. It is also an interesting offensive combo as the only relevant mon checking that are TTar and bisharp, giving P-Z a more open field to abuse its wallbreaking power. The addition of work up is basically an alternative to nastyplot to take better advantage of its ability.

However, by needing to be mixed to take full advantage of its ability it lose in raw firepower allowing mon like toxapex to check it more easily than they would a standard P-Z. The ability can also be akward to work around (what more normal for such a buggy pokemon) and might need a good skill level to take full adavantage of.
Like Like ReplyReport
Mega Porygon-Z
Mega Stone: Porygon-Zite.exe
Normal/Electric
Ability: Input Lag
The user's STAB attacking moves have a 1-turn delay (Future Sight but only 1 turn). (Additional note: negative effects on the user if the user switches out affect the switch-in.)

ATK: 121 (+41)
DEF: 85 (+15)
SPA: 158 (+23)
SPD: 81 (+11)
SPE: 100 (+10)

Flavor:
Dex Entry: Porygon-Z has contracted a virus that makes it unable to execute commands at the proper time. However, this has also advanced its intellect, now being capable of using this supposed downside to set traps for its enemies.
Porygon-Z is a Pokémon known for being a computer program that's constantly being modded and updated. Imagine if its mega stone was more software than physical item, and that was coded by someone who wanted to put EVERYTHING in- to the point of turning to the dark web, where they got a virus on it that couldn't be removed. While it did end up slowing down and delaying the outputs, Porygon-Z then gained increased functionality and became able to use the delays to trap opponents.
Competitive:
Imagine this: a Porygon-Z starts blasting your team with delayed Hyper Beams, then switching into a Slowbro with Leftovers to tank for the recharge turn, only to Teleport back into Porygon-Z. You decide to throw in a Corviknight in an attempt to wall it, but your enemy predicted that would come long ago. They set down a delayed Thunderbolt, forcing you to switch or burn. However, once you go into your Hippowdon, they add an Ice Beam, ensuring that it takes heavy damage (252+ SpA Porygon-Z Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Hippowdon: 328-386 (78 - 91.9%), factoring in buffed base SpA, no Nasty Plot). Meanwhile, if Corv stays in, it is sure to be defeated by the BoltBeam. However, while this alone seems overpowered, you must remember that Porygon-Z has to take a turn of vulnerability in order to set its traps, a turn that can be very capitalized on by enemy switches, setup, and attacks (252+ Def Corviknight Body Press vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Porygon-Z: 190-224 (61 - 72%)). Paired with its mediocre Speed tier and terrible defenses, this makes it a very high-risk/high-reward mon that excels at wallbreaking under the right conditions, but can fall flat otherwise.
I kind of just wanted an excuse to make a Pokémon that can fire off a BoltBeam in one turn, and since Porygon-Z is one of the more feared users of this combination from (Z)Conversion + Adaptability, I found it a great candidate for the role.
Also, since I've gotten some flak about Input Lag being too similar to Clairvoyance, here are the differences:
- Only 1 turn of delay vs. 2 turns of delay
- Only works on attacking moves of the type vs. all moves of the type
- Works on all STAB types (including type changes), vs. one specific type regardless of changes
While the two seem similar on paper, they'll end up different in practice; Clairvoyance has some more supportive applications, whilst Input Lag is a lot more offensively oriented and much more flexible in that regard (especially since there's no Normal- or Electric-type Future Sight).
idk if someone told ^them^ already, but the mega stone will be named by the council ;o;
Mega Porygon-Z
Ability: Mega Launcher
Stats:
HP: 85 (+0)
Defense: 100 (+30)
Special Attack: 145 (+10)
Special Defense: 115 (+30)
New Moves: Terrain Pulse, Aura Sphere, Dragon Pulse

Competitive Design: This Mega is based around one of the more interesting IoA tutor moves: Terrain Pulse. Thanks to both its sky-high Special Attack and its new Ability, Mega Porygon-Z is able to take great advantage of Terrain Pulse, turning it into a jack-of-all-trades that can deal with many different Pokemon depending on what terrain is up. Aura Sphere and Dragon Pulse are here to give consistency with the other two fully evolved Mega Launcher users, as they both learn these moves.
mega porygon-z

normal
stats
hp- 85
atk- 80(+20)>100
def- 70(+30)>100
spa- 135(+14)>149
spd- 75(+25)>100
spe- 90(+11)>101

ability: neuroforce

new moves- energy ball

description
so my idea with this mega was that porygon z was a really strong pokemon, but since it's a pure normal type none of its moves can be super effective and stab. neuroforce attempts to remedy that by giving it's coverage moves a bit of a damage boost (as long as it's super effective) allowing it to be an even bigger threat. i didn't want it to be too powerful, so i only gave it enough speed to beat base 100s (notably charizard, zapdos, mew, victini, mega toucannon, and mega orbeetle) but enough bulk that it's more easily able to set up a nasty plot for a sweep
Mega Porygon Z
Ability: Bug Fixes
This Pokemon prevents Pokemon from using Bug Type moves.
Stats: 85 / 110 (+30) / 90 (+20) / 155 (+20) / 95 (+20) / 100 (+10)
New Moves: Flamethrower, Fire Blast
Description: I imagined that Porygon-Z's Mega Stone was meant to fix the glitch that you hear about in it's Pokedex entries. As such, I gave it an ability that mimics that to a more literal extent. Flamethrower and Fire Blast are meant to fill out the trio of Special moves that a lot of Pokemon learn (Flamethrower, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt). They also give Porygon-Z a way to hit Steel and Bug Type Pokemon super effectively.

Competitively, it is meant to be an anti-pivot, being that it can prevent Pokemon from using the most common pivoting move, U-turn. Note that this ability also affects status moves like Sticky Web and Quiver Dance.
:sm/porygon-z:
Mega Porygon-Z

Type:
Ability: Erratic Code (All Pokemon on the field, including this one, are under the effect of Torment.)

Atk: 95
Def: 90 (+20)
SpA: 160 (+25)
SpD: 120 (+45)
Spe: 105 (+10)

Reasoning:
Porygon-Z is glitchy and unstable. Erratic Code is meant to reflect that, as it prevents any pokemon on the field from using the same move twice. This can be particularly annoying for choice users, but it also prevents mons from spamming recovery moves, and it prevents certain setup mons from spamming their setup move or strongest attack. As a balancing factor, this also applies to Mega Porygon-Z itself, making it unable to spam Tri-Attack or Recover. To work around this, Mega Porygon-Z could run Protect, though this does come at the cost of a move slot. In addition, it could take advantage of forcing choice mons to switch or use Struggle with Nasty Plot or Substitute.
:porygon-z:
1629398320733.png
Mega PorygonZ
Normal
Ability: Download/Adaptability/Analytic-> Type-Error: At the end of each turn, the user's type rotates between Normal, Electric, Ice and Ghost. Resets upon switching out.
Stats
Atk: 80-> 90 (+10)
Def: 70-> 90 (+20)
SpA: 135-> 145 (+10)
SpD: 75-> 115 (+40)
Spe: 90-> 110 (+20)
New Moves: None!

Description: It would appear PorygonZ's new Mega stone may have been caused some "complications" with the Pokemon, as Z's typing keeps changing as it glitches, freezes and crashes. However, there are upsides to the situation, as Porygon's fluctuating typing allows it access to four potential STABs. Electric + Ice provide great offensive synergy, and Normal + Ghost are still a decent combo, giving players the option to either go 3 attacks, 2 Attack + HP or 2 Attack + Recover, giving a good amount of depth and scary power with NP. However, the cycling means that unlike with Protean, Z cannot freely choose its typing, meaning that Z won't always have STAB on its attacks, so counterplay is available. That said, Mega Z is still a force to be reckoned with. Huge shoutout to Aurum, whose Silvally sub gave me this idea!
:swsh/Porygon-Z:
Porygon-Z-Mega @ Porygonite-Z
Ability: Reconstruction Matrix - After directly damaging opposing Pokémon, This Pokémon gains HP equal to 1/6 of the damage dealt.
Type: Normal/Psychic
Stats:
Hp: 85
Atk: 90 (+10)
Def: 105 (+35)
Spa: 145 (+10)
Spd: 105 (+30)
Spe: 105 (+15)
New Moves: (Bold=Notable) Shift Gear, Wild Charge, U-Turn

Flavor: Porygon-Z has stabilized and weaponized it's glitches and bugs, using them in combination with it's attacks to steal the energy of Pokémon that it damages.
Competitive: Porygon is now incredibly versatile. Starting on the offensive end of the spectrum, It's increased bulk and extra recovery allow it to set up much easier, as well as heal off chip damage. it already got access to recovery, so I see a 2 attack + NP + recover, 2 Atk + NP + Shift Gear (which also boosts u-turn for pivoting, though it's pretty niche) or 3 Atks + Np working for offensive setup sets. It also gets stab on psyshock to deal with Blissey. Pivoting sets also work, as Porygon gets access to U-Turn and Teleport now. It can recover off chip with it's attacks in addition to standard recovery. This is also how I see defensive sets functioning, as 85/105/105 bulk is pretty good. It can afford to invest in defenses as it's speed and spa are already sufficiently high for a wall. With neat tools and a new psychic typing, it can stomach most neutral hits and hit back hard, as well as gain a neutrality to fighting in exchange for a weakness to bug, which is notable for u-turn shenanigans.
:ss/porygon-z: Mega Porygon-Z
New Ability: Corrupted Body: Pokemon who contact this pokemon become typeless until they switch out. Pokemon who have this ability are typeless.

New stats:
Attack: 80
Defense: 70 ->120 (+50)
Special Attack: 135 ->165 (+30)
Special Defense: 75 ->105 (+30)
Speed: 90 ->80 (-10)
(BST) 535 ->635

New moves: Flash Cannon
Description: Porygon-Z turned into a computer virus, hacking other pokemon and disabling their typings. Defensively, it removes their STABs, making them weaker. It could also force pokemon that rely on their typing defensively to switch out.
Mega Porygon-Z
New Ability: Rotation
Type:

New stats:
Attack: 80(+35) --> 115
Defense: 70(+20) --> 90
Special Attack: 135(+15) --> 150
Special Defense: 75(+20) --> 95
Speed: 90(+10) --> 100
(BST): 535(+100) --> 635

New moves: Flamethrower
Description:
Concept
Porygon-Z's Pokedex entries often speak about its odd movement and behavior due to the Dubious Disc's update. It's not much of a stretch for it to rotate, is it?
In Battle
THE ultimate Porygon. It has Porygon2's Eviolite bulk on whichever side Rotation chooses, Porygon-Z's monstrous Special Attack stat, and Download pre-mega. Can do a lot of things, from revenge killing to being a win condition if it hasn't Mega Evolved yet and can get the Download buff. In the end though, 100 isn't the best Speed tier, and there's lots of things that can stop this in its tracks.

+1 252+ SpA Porygon-Z Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 88 SpD Corviknight: 372-438 (93 - 109.5%) -- 56.3% chance to OH
+1 252+ SpA Porygon-Z Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Slowking: 242-286 (61.4 - 72.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 252+ SpA Porygon-Z Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Latias: 286-338 (95 - 112.2%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO
+1 252+ SpA Porygon-Z Tri Attack vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 153-180 (21.7 - 25.6%) -- 0.7% chance to 4HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Rillaboom Grassy Glide vs. +1 0 HP / 0 Def Porygon-Z in Grassy Terrain: 174-205 (55.9 - 65.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Grassy Terrain recovery

*xx115090150095100 (Porygon-Z) @ Mega Stone 2
Ability: Rotation
Serious Nature
for testing in M4A Sandbox
Mega Porygon-Z
New Ability: Mimicry
Type:
Normal
New stats:
Attack: 100(+20)
Defense: 95(+25)
Special Attack: 150(+15)
Special Defense: 100(+25)
Speed:105(+15)
(635)
New moves: Terrain Pulse, Electric Terrain
Porygon-Z sprite from Sword & Shield Mega Porygon-Z
New Ability: Levitate

New stats:
Attack:110
Defense: 110
Special Attack: 140
Special Defense: 110
Speed:105
(BST) 635

New moves: None
Description: Floating computer duck=levitate. Its movepool is already great as is so no new moves needed.

Mega :swsh/porygon-z: Porygon-Z
Mega Stone: Porygon-ite

Ability: Backdoor - Upon Mega Evolution or entering the field, this Pokemon's speed is raised by one stage if it is faster than the opponent.

Stats:
HP - 85 (+0)
ATK - 100 (+20)
DEF - 80 (+10)
SPA - 175 (+40)
SPD - 91 (+19)
SPE - 101 (+0)

New Moves: Volt Switch, Electro Ball

Description:
Flavor
Dex Entry: Mega Evolution is something that many had thought Porygon-Z to be incapable of, due to its artificial nature. However, in an effort to reverse-engineer the highly powerful, albeit buggy, code of the Dubious Disc's upgrades, scientists inadvertently uncovered a method to temporarily remove Porygon-Z's bounding limits and let it run uninhibited. Due to this state's similarity to Mega Evolution, they began to refer to it as such, and fashioned a device of the silicate used in microchips that they dubbed a 'Porygon-ite'.

Without the proper thresholds and checksums in place that were designed to keep Porygon, Porygon2, and Porygon-Z operating normally, 'Mega' Porygon-Z's physical form is completely erratic. Most of the time, it's a sequence of abstract geometric shapes that vaguely resemble the Porygon line, but it can deteriorate farther into visual information too incomprehensible for the human mind to properly process. Despite the seeming chaotic degradation, his digital fluidity allows its AI to rapidly find vulnerabilities in firewalls and security programs and exploit them to the fullest. However, in battle, this process can just as easily be applied to its enemies.
Competitive
(Shoutouts to Paul for helping me decide on the proper speed tier for this concept!)

So Porygon-Z even in base form can deal a lot of damage - and paired with its really good coverage, pre-mega Download, and the large special attack boost from its mega stats, that makes its Mega Evolution extremely scary. Designed as a fast and powerful offensive threat in the same manner as Pokemon such as Greninja, Blacephalon, and others, this Porygon-Z combat is balanced around the fact that it actually lacks the whole 'fast' part, at least initially.

"Getting a speed boost if you're already faster than the opponent" seems like a redundant and useless ability to some - and in a 1v1 context you'd be right. However, Pokemon is a team game, and just because you're faster than one enemy, doesn't mean you're faster than another. This is where my Mega Porygon-Z's concept comes - searching for the weak points in the enemy team and taking the opportunity to strike. If Porygon-Z comes in on on a slower foe, which are common among walls and bruisers in the meta, all of a sudden its gained the speed boost to threaten the rest of the enemy team as well - not just the one it came in on. With its high special attack letting it break walls well, this can put the enemy in a very tough spot if they didn't come prepared or were caught with their pants down.

However, there are several ways to properly deal with it, of course - Ground types with a secondary Ice resist for BoltBeam can check it well (Swampert, Excadrill, and shoutouts to Unaware Quagsire), Toxic can wear it down, its need to switch in and out a lot makes it vulnerable to hazards, and its squishy enough that most priority can revenge or even outright kill with enough chip. There is also interesting playmaking potential around the pre-Mega download - if Porygon-Z comes in on a slow mon before Mega Evolving and gets Download off, the enemy makes the decision of whether it wants to stay in and let PZ get both the Download and Backdoor boosts, or if it wants to switch into a faster mon and risk the (probably squishier) ally take the hit to the face.

The ability also makes Electro Ball a bit better, but it's still too inconsistent to be run outside of meme sets.
Mega Porygon-z
Ability: Calculating (gives immunity to the type of the first attacking move that hit you permanently (even if you switch out) doesn’t count status or entry hazards)
Hp: 85
Special attack: 145 (+10)
Special defense: 105 (+30)
Speed: 105 (+15)

New moves: u turn
:bw/porygon-z:
Mega-Porygon-Z
Ability: Laggy - If the opposing Pokemon is slower then this Pokemon, then when this Pokemon gets the recharge status, the opposing Pokemon does too

Stats:
ATK: 80 -> 140 (+60)
DEF: 70 -> 90 (+20)
SPA: 135 -> 140 (+5)
SPD: 75 -> 90 (+15)
SPE: 90 -> 85 (-5)

Summary
Don't you just hate it when your device gets stuck and you have to watch the little loading wheel go round and round? Well, Mega-Porygon-Z takes advantage of that very lag to share it with the opponent. This Porygon-Z makes use of Agility to take advantage of Hyper Beam and Giga Impact to deal big damage to the opponent. However, running both Agility and Nasty Plot makes it hard to fit many other moves on a set, and if it KO's a Pokemon with a recharge move, it still has to recharge, but the opposing Pokemon switching in doesn't.
Mega Porygon
New Ability: Streamlined: Raises the chance of secondary effects by 20%

New Stats:
ATK: 80 -> 90 (+10)
DEF: 70 -> 100 (+30)
SPA: 135 - > 155 (+20)
SPD: 75 -> 100 (+25)
SPE: 90 -> 105 (+15)
(BST) 535 --> 635

Summary
New Moves: Flamethrower, Energy Ball, Moonblast, Calm Mind, Barrier

Flavour: "Mega Porygon-Z is now fully complete, mankind's technological advancements mixed in with the natural power of the Mega Evolution maximises it's power, but the question is: how is there a Mega Stone for Porygon?"

Competitive Description: Though it loses a lot of it's natural power, the improved speed tier and bulk lets it fire off more attacks then normal, and the additional Flamethrower allows it to match up better with Steel-types, though it's lackluster defensive utility and added weakness balances it out
Porygon-Z2 @ Hotfix Patch (based on the dex entries which state that base Porygon-Z is unstable) - Bolivia note, same here as the mega stone from before :P

Stats:
Special Attack: 140 (+5)
Special Defense: 105 (+30)

Ability: Misty Surge

New moves: Volt Switch, Electric Terrain, Calm Mind (side note: Porygon-Z should be given Calm Mind via its pre-evolution, considering its base form’s erratic nature)

Lore (yes harold, lore!)
With cyberspace expanding as technology advances every day, so do the variety of malware and viruses that threaten to corrupt it. The viruses have also become more advanced to the extent where even the most technologically advanced Porygon2 are unable to handle them. With little choice left, experts and engineers alike sought to do the impossible: provide a hotfix for the Pokemon previously regarded as technology’s biggest failure: Porygon-Z.

Ultimately, however, they succeeded. The hotfix patch they applied onto the digital duck not only made it stable, but enhanced its capabilities beyond anyone’s expectations. It now sports a brand-new electric type to allow it to function better in the electrical world of cyberspace, and also a handy tool that keeps it safe from malware potentially immobilizing it, or spreading its corruption towards the rest of the surroundings.

What was once considered malware is now one of cyberspace’s strongest defenses against malware. Remember that antivirus from the anime episode ‘Electric Soldier Porygon’ (ok no that was a bad joke to make sorry)? Now, Porygon-Z2 is the anti-virus, and with it comes the capability to release purifying mists to prevent the spread of malware and helps cool an overheating system.

Essentially, Misty Surge is an anti-bacterial coolant. Yes, it’s a stupid idea but hey, its Pokemon.
Thanks for coming to my TED Talk.

The Perks of Being a Powerful Software:
Misty Surge is a very common sight in Megas For All. After all, Tapu Fini is considered one of the best defensive Pokemon in the metagame, and Misty Surge is one of the biggest reasons for that. Erasing the opportunity for statusing (unless you’re a Flying type) allows the playing field to be evened, and allows for Fini to ultimately heal more than it gets hit for with the right set.

But that’s defensive Misty Surge. Let's just say we used Misty Surge as ehm… an offensive tool?

With Misty Surge, Porygon-Z2 is able to serve as a direct counter to status spreaders such as Toxapex, Zapdos, Moltres and Amoonguss, offensively pressuring them into switching out lest they get hit by Porygon-Z2’s wide range of coverage like the devastating BoltBeam. Another thing which makes Porygon-Z2 utilize Misty Surge as an offensive tool so well is its ability to pivot into wallbreakers and setup sweepers that appreciate the freedom to attack without having to worry about statuses (that is, unless you’re a Flying-type). This is something Tapu Fini isn't able to do.

From what I can observe, defensive cores with Porygon-Z2 could also work, as its solid 85/105/105 bulk is reasonable to take a few hits and heal up with Recover. Notable allies include Slowbro (able to tank Fighting-type hits) and Tangrowth (perhaps the most useful of the lot, being able to check Rillaboom and resist Ground moves), who also do not enjoy being hit by Toxic.

Porygon-Z2 is able to play as both the bulky support with moves like Trick Room and what's essentially Safeguard while also being able to shut down opposing defoggers, but it can also (mostly) serve as a setup sweeper, benefitting from its own Misty Surge to negate all worries of being statused as it sets up Nasty Plot, and proceed to sweep the opposing team with its devastating STAB coverage alongside BoltBeam. Most notably, it can even take a CB boosted GGlide from Rillaboom to the face and KO it back with +2 Ice Beam, and also tank a Specs Hydro Pump from Greninja and KO back with Thunderbolt.

In the end, however, Porygon-Z2 probably serves best as the offensive pivot with decent bulk that allows it to tank weak shots and threaten common defensive Pokemon like Corviknight, Tapu Fini and the Slow twins with STAB Thunderbolt, then pivoting out using Volt Switch or regaining health using Recover to allow it to serve as a shield towards statuses for the rest of the team.

Porygon-Z2 does also come with its fair share of weaknesses: Blissey and Empoleon-Mega, two of the metagame’s most common defensive Pokemon are able to tank any hit and slow pivot into a faster Pokemon to eliminate it. Speaking of, a speed tier of 110 allows it to be revenge-killed by some of the metagame’s most common offensive threats, like Cinderace, Lycanroc-D-Mega, Scarf Lando-T and Weavile.

As for Misty Surge? It’s cleared easily by 2 of the most common things in M4A: different terrains (Rillaboom and Tapu Koko are everywhere in the metagame) and Defog, making it slightly easier for you to be able to remove the status blocker. Regardless, Porygon-Z2 is a relatively fast, well-balanced (stat-wise) offensive support that can fill many gaps for many different teams, and would surely be a great addition to the ever-expanding M4A roster.

Sample sets
Bulky Support/All-out Attacker/Offensive Pivot (Porygon-Z)
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe OR 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Recover/Tri Attack

Nasty Plot Sweeper (Porygon-Z)
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Tri Attack
Mega Porygon-Z

Normal Type

Ability
(New) Inherit -
Upon Mega Evolving, this Pokemon's ability becomes the ability of its base form.

85 > HP > 85
080 > ATK > 135
070 > DEF > 090
135 > SPA > 135
075 > SPD > 090
090 > SPE > 100

Moves
Extreme Speed, Play Rough, Drain Punch, Revenge, Beak Blast, Stomping Tantrum, Work Up

Explanation
inherit: true

Personally, I've always thought an ability like this would be perfect for certain Mega Pokemon. Most of the time, only one or two of a Pokemon's abilities are actually any good, or even if more than one are good, one is simply the best. For those Pokemon, looking into that ability, or another ability that goes down a similar direction is an obvious choice - or going down a completely new route. For a select few Pokemon, though, all of their abilities can be useful depending on how you need them to play.

Enter Porygon-Z. I wanted to future-proof the name here a bit in order to leave it open for potential future use, but the name still relates to Porygon-Z in a punny way - referencing the programming technique of copying class data. Porygon-Z has quite a few useful abilities, and I wanted it to be able to express those in its Mega Evolution. However, this presents the problem of how to set it apart from base - after all, if they have all of the same abilities, and any move additions I give it to help utilize these abilities will also be available to base, how do I ensure that using the Mega is actually worth it? The solution to me was to utilize only physical move additions - base Porygon-Z has mediocre attack at best, but already benefits from a high special attack and great special movepool. Making these new moves significantly less effective on base in such a way effectively locks them to the Mega form indirectly, which solves many of those issues.

While Analytic is likely the weakest one, I like the idea of a faster Analytic user with a high enough offense to utilize the ability more as a pseudo-trapping than a speed control. In addition, I gave the mega some extra bulk to help it utilize the ability better than base could, as well as some cool tech options in Revenge and Beak Blast in order to let it reliably activate its ability even when it's faster. The dynamic of being able to choose between going first or hitting harder is interesting to me.

Adaptability has some new tools as well here - Extreme Speed and Return can be quite threatening here, balanced by the opportunity cost of requiring the Mega Evolution in order to access their true potential. Stomping Tantrum has fun coverage to punish Ghost switch-ins as well. Special sets for Adaptability admittedly have less benefit over base with no special attack boost, however there is quite a bit of added flexibility. While base Adaptability Porygon-Z relies on Z-Conversion to give it the omniboost and STAB on a powerful special move of its choice, that's a one-time deal and being forced out of it can be detrimental. Specially-oriented Adaptability Porygon-Z may not hit as hard without the omniboost, but it has a bit of added bulk and speed that brings those stats closer in line to those, which allows it to make use of regular Conversion multiple times in a fight, letting it see more consistent use than the current one-time one-trick pony.

One of the most interesting is Download - base form has to rely on switching into specific Pokemon on the enemy team in order to hit the special boost, but this Porygon-Z has no such qualms. Its mega stat boosts make it more than happy to receive either boost it gets with a strong mixed movepool and statline. It also receives double Download - giving the opponent the option to decide whether it wants to give the enemy Mega Porygon-Z a free Swords Dance, a free Nasty Plot, or a free Work Up. The mixed coverage here is actually very good, which is another reason why I wanted to only add physical moves - by splitting the offensive cores between physical and special, these scary combos can only truly be accessed by Mega and not base. Drain Punch and Shadow Ball gives the oh-so-sought-after Fighting/Ghost one-two, Play Rough and Dark Pulse have excellent coverage, as well as Play Rough and Stomping Tantrum. Stomping Tantrum and BoltBeam pair well in scary ways.

All in all, I believe this concept to be incredibly interesting and (if I may be so bold) put into practice perfectly well. I also believe that the balancing of these ideas through the stats and moves, the cohesion between them, and the linear origin of them, as well as the teambuilding decisions required to utilize each of these builds effectively, go to offset the concerns of these just being "three different megas" or being noncommittal to any one idea.

Have a great day or night~
Mega Porygon-Z

Normal / Psychic sorry, I couldn't get the gen 4 type sprites to work DX
Ability: Beast Boost
Stats:
Atk: 120 (+40)
Def: 74 (+4)
SpAtk: 137 (+2)
SpDef: 125 (+50)
Spe: 94 (+4)

New Moves: Work Up, Stored Power, Extreme Speed

Porygon-Z is claimed in the Pokedex to be humanity's attempt at transcending dimensions and mastering interdimensional travel. Porygon-Z was a shattered mess due to this concept not truly being actualized, but there exists interdimensional threats in the Pokemon world able to warp the fabrics of reality: Ultra Beasts. Mega Evolution grants Porygon-Z the final upgrade it needed to truly master its programming via the essence of the Ultra Beasts. In doing so, it dons an Ultra Beast-esque stat spread and a Psychic-typing that reflects the cosmic, interdimensional travelling mastery of Solgaleo and Lunala.

From a competitive standpoint, I feel as though Beast Boost is the only snowballing ability that has some creative integrity since it encourages unique EV spreads, and not only was the flavor screaming to me, but it also was an incredible complement to Porygon-Z's access to pre-mega Download to give it versatile and flexible boosting that is reinforced nicely by its wild coverage, and natural, wicked setup options. I chose to expand upon this by giving it a feasible option to exploit these boosts in the form of Stored Power, while also letting it speck into a mixed set with Work Up and STAB Extreme Speed. A shitload of Special Defense was also a decision I liked not only for the flavor but also because it aids it in potential setup with its typing in mind, while ensuring that Porygon-Z's speed tier remains balanced.

Last edited:

inkbug

Maybe the real mega pokemon were the friends we ma
is a Community Contributor
:sirfetchd: Mega Sirfetch'd Submission Compilation :sirfetchd:
The only sub that remains vetoed and is therefore excluded from this post is Bekama's (and technically also ArhamA's)! If your submission is not otherwise in this post, then I missed it and please let me know!!!
Sir Duckington'd:
fetch'd.png'd.png
Mega Sirfetch'd
Typing: Fighting
Ability: Coup De Grass
Stats: 62/155(+20)/130(+35)/68/127(+45)/65
New moves: None
Flavour: This is the one and only time, where you have a mon, having Coup De Grass that actually make senses outside of Cacturne. Coup De Grass is a pun, from Coup De Grâce and Grass. Coup de Grâce is an honorful act, end the mortally wounded suffer. Sirfetch'd is a honorful knight. Its weapon is made of leek too, so yeah, Coup de Grass
Competitive Design: Coup de Grass is an interesting ability. It lets user move first if opponent's hp is under 50%. This ability is a perfect revenge killer ability. Sirfetch'd with its sky high attacking stat can definitely blow opponent's that's weak. The differences between this and Mega Cacturne is, Mega Cacturne can heal itself, while this thing can't, but this Mega Sirfetch'd's atk stat is gonna punch more hole than Mega Cacturne.
Mega Sirfetch'd
Type: Fighting/Steel
Ability: Mirror Armor
Stats:
  • HP: 62 (+0)
  • Attack: 145 (+10)
  • Defense: 135 (+40)
  • Special Attack: 78 (+10)
  • Special Defense: 112 (+30)
  • Speed: 75 (+10)
New Moves: Iron Head

Competitive Design: This one is a more flavor-based Mega. I basically thought, "What if Sirfetch'd wore Corviknight's armor?" and now here we are. The added Steel typing and its new access to Iron Head does make its matchup against Fairies better, though.
mega sirfetch'd

fighting
stats
hp- 62
atk- 135(+15)>150
def- 95(+25)>120
spa- 68
spd- 82(+20)>102
spe- 65(+40)>105

ability: dauntless shield

new moves: roost, wild charge

the biggest difference between sirfetch'd and farfetch'd is clearly it's leek shield, so why don't we try to show that more with the shield ability. with 0 investment it has about an equivalent bulk to max defense aegislash, with the attack stat of pre-nerf aegislash and enough speed to make it a serious threat
Mega Sirfetch'd
Type: Fighting / Flying
Ability: Intrepid Sword
Stats: 62 / 108 (swapped with sp. atk, +40) / 125 (+20) / 135 (swapped with atk) / 112 (+30) / 75 (+10)
New Moves: Sacred Sword, Aerial Ace, Acrobatics
Description: Yes, I am aware that Intrepid Sword is extremely strong, but hear me out. It's physical attack has been significantly decreased and it has a low Speed. I chose Flying as a secondary type to differentiate it a bit from Jazzmat's sub. In addition, STAB Brave Birds will destroy Pokemon that CC might struggle to hit. Regardless, it still hits incredibly hard and it has a good bulk.
:sm/sirfetchd:
Mega Sirfetch'd

Type:

Ability: Justified

Atk: 160 (+25)
Def: 120 (+25)
Spa: 98 (+30)
SpD: 102 (+20)
Spe: 65

Reasoning:
Sir Quack'd is here and ready to slap. A simple concept: it functions as a Knock-Off absorber, and packs a big punch in return. First Impression can be especially scary for opposing Dark types as well, even more so after a Justified boost. Despite the increased bulk, it is still relatively easy to revenge, due to its low HP and Spe. Its bulk is more or less comparable to Mega Sableye, though Sirfetch'd is more focused on offense, and lacks the Prankster utility, which still enables opposing mons to revenge kill it, or potentially use resist berries and the like to cripple it. Fairy types in particular should be able to handle it, as they will force it to switch or use Brave Bird and take lots of recoil.
:sirfetchd:
Mega Sirfetch'd
New Ability
: (placeholder) (Recharge and Charge moves are turned into 33% recoil moves instead.)
Type:

New stats:
Attack: 145 (+10)
Defense: 135 (+50)
Special Attack: 78 (+10)
Special Defense: 117 (+35)
Speed: 70 (+5)
(607 BST)

New moves: Roost
Description: WIP
Sirfetch'd-M @ Sirfetchite
Fighting/Flying
Ability: Aerilate

HP: 62 -> 62 (+0)
Atk: 135 -> 145 (+10)
Def: 95 -> 130 (+35)
SpA: 68 -> 88 (+20)
SpD: 82 -> 117 (+35)
Spe: 65 -> 65 (+0)
BST: 507 -> 607 (+100)

New Moves: Roost, Fake Out, Sacred Sword, Spiky Shield, U-turn, Return, Frustration
1629407071592.png

Mega Sirfetch'd

Fighting
Ability: Scrappy/Steadfast->Honorable Duel: While user is on the field, no mon's stats can be raised or lowered.
Stats

Atk: 135->
145 (+10)
Def: 95-> 135 (+40)
SpA: 68-> 88 (+20)
SpD: 82-> 102 (+20)
Spe: 65->
75 (+10)
New Moves: +Roost, Sacred Sword

Description: Mega Sirfetch'd uses its commanding presence to forcibly keep all combatants on equal footing, as no man can change their stats or have their stats changed. This obviously provides a huge boon to Sir's Fighting STAB, as well as protecting it from Intimidate and drop fishing and of course preventing opposing set up, at the cost of being unable to boost itself. This also has quite a few interesting applications in VGC, protecting itself and its partner from Intimidates and speed drops, while also limiting what the opponent can do with Dynamax.
:ss/Sirfetchd:
Mega Sirfetch'd
New Ability
: Grass Pelt
Type: Fighting/Grass

New stats
:
Attack: 135 ->165 (+30)
Defense: 95 ->120 (+25)
Special Attack: 68 ->83 (+15)
Special Defense: 82 ->107(+25)
Speed: 65 ->70 (+5)
(BST) 507 ->607

New moves
: Body Press, Frustration, Return
Description: With the power of Mega evolution, it grew a grass pelt. The shield grew sturdier, and the lance became sharper.
Mega Sirfetch'd
New Ability: Super Luck
Type:

New stats:
Attack: 135(+15) --> 150
Defense: 95(+40) --> 135
Special Attack: 68(+2) --> 70
Special Defense: 82(+28) --> 110
Speed: 65(+15) --> 80
(BST): 507(+100) --> 607

New moves: Cross Chop, Drill Peck, Stone Edge, Drill Run
Description:

Sirfetch'd and Farfetch'd have always been associated with their signature item, the Leek. When held by one of them, it increases critical hit ratio by two stages. So giving it Super Luck wasn't very far fetched.
...I'll show myself out.
With a huge Attack stat, Super Luck, and moves that have high critical hit ratio by default, what could go wrong? Drill Run and Stone Edge act as a pseudo EdgeQuake, giving it great coverage. But while it is a tremendous wallbreaker, Sirfetch'd struggles from its lack of recovery and low Speed.

252+ Atk Sirfetch’d Cross Chop vs. 252 HP / 80 Def Ferrothorn on a critical hit: 444-524 (126.1 - 148.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Sirfetch’d Drill Peck vs. 252 HP / 148+ Def Kommo-o on a critical hit: 214-252 (60.4 - 71.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery 252+ Atk Sirfetch’d Stone Edge vs. 248 HP / 220 Def Zapdos on a critical hit: 362-426 (94.5 - 111.2%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Sirfetch’d Drill Run vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex on a critical hit: 172-204 (56.5 - 67.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Sirfetch’d Leaf Blade vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro on a critical hit: 244-288 (61.9 - 73%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

*xx150135070110080 (Sirfetch’d) @ Mega Stone H
Ability: Super Luck
for testing in M4A Sandbox
:sirfetchd: Mega Sirfetch'd
Ability
: Emergency Exit
Stats:
Atk: 155 (+20)
Def: 125 (+30)
SpA: 68
SpD: 82
Spe: 115 (+50)
Description: This one is very simple. Emergency Exit is an amazing Ability on fast things, because they are way more likely to move before it activates. It also resists Rocks which is pretty nice for Emergency Exit. That big Defense stat also makes it a good Knock Off absorber.
Mega Sirfetch'd

Types:

Ability: Sequential Impression
("The first move selected after this pokemon's first turn out gains +1 priority, but it deals 3/4 of its original damage.")

Stats:
Attack: 135 -> 135 (+0)
Defense: 95 -> 145 (+50)
SpAtk: 68 -> 78 (+10)
SpDef: 82 -> 112 (+30)
Speed: 65 -> 75 (+10)

New Moves: Sacred Sword
There is no flavor!! It's just one impression after the other. The enemy begins to reveal their true colors.. as the battle intensifies decisions will need to be made more quickly.
Sirfetch'd is strong. but Its basically weak without its leek, though its attack stat isn't anything to scoff at so give it the wrong ability and it might just go haywire with it. But hey! This ability isn't that broken right? So lets take a look.

It doesn't need any attack for whats in store. Having Close Combat move first right after Swords Dance makes this pokemon very hard to force out, especially with increased bulk it doesn't have to worry about taking a hit first either. The only problem is it struggles with recovery against Chip Damage, though if you want to run Rest Talk SD CC (you absolute madman) then go ahead. be my guest, it gets walled by quite a few pokemon anyway.

First Impression could be a safe first move to end psychic types, combined with knock of it doesn't ohko. Protect is also fearsome for scouting but doesn't grant you the same impact SD does. Remember, This mega can't hit any harder than its base form.

Sacred sword? Do I need to explain myself? take a guess.

This pokemon can be made so much more interesting of course, but I thought speed control would be quite fun to have in the form of guaranteed priority- wait. that exists already. Well.. it didn't get first impression for no reason!
:Sirfetchd:
Mega Sirfetch'd

New Ability:
Grassy Surge

Type: Fighting | Fairy

New stats:
Attack: 135 → 155 (+20)
Defense: 95 → 125 (+30)
Special Attack: 68
Special Defense: 82 → 102 (+20)
Speed: 65 → 95 (+30)
BST: 507 → 607

New moves:
Roost, Toxic, Play Rough

Description:
1) Design Concept

Sirfetch'd are known to fight with honour, which is why they are a popular motive for portrays. Since it's based on a knight, Paul and I decided to go for a fairytale route; after all, that is where knights are sometimes featured. During our research, we came upon a Danish fairytale called "The Green Knight", which has some similarities with "Cinderella". In the Danish story, a princess is badly treated by her stepmother but she finds solace in a book a Green Knight gifted to her. Every time she reads the book, everyone but her would fall asleep and the Green Knight would come in as a bird and talk to her, making her happy. As time goes on, her stepmother becomes suspicious of her happiness. After some research and thinking, she decides to put a poisoned pair of scissors in the window and manages to poison the Green Knight... If you want to know how the story ends, read it for yourself! :DD
So, to sum up the essential points for Mega Sirfetch'd dual Fighting and Fairy type:
- we have a knight motive; and knights are often associated with honour and sometimes featured in fairytales
- in a Danish fairytale, we have a Green Knight who visits a sad princess by flying to her home as a bird
- this knight is vulnerable to poison set up by an evil stepmother
Knights are renowned in the world to be able to Kill Dragons, and giving it the fairy typing would allow it to do that in the competitive world as well.
Additionally we noticed, that giving it the fairy typing would complete a trio of gen 8 fairy tale creatures with the fairy typing in Grimmsnarl and Hatterene(who also have only 3 BST more than it)

2) Competitive Aspect
This Sirfetch'd can be used in and outside of Sun teams.

The dual Fighting/Fairy type, coupled with Grassy Surge, turns Mega Sirfetch'd into an excellent support and offensive option for teams in general; after all, this combo resists Earthquake + Stone Edge, which are generally hard to wall since these types hit almost every Pokémon for, at least, neutral damage. Furthermore, being immune to Dragon is pretty great since Garchomp is one of the most common abusers of Earthquake + Stone Edge and can tear apart most defensive Pokémon with Dragonium-Z or Rockium-Z.
As Mega Sirfetch'd can withstand these forms of pressure, it can act as a very good Defogger if you would like as it is the only defogger that resists the edgequake combination, especially since hazard setters are usually Ground Pokémon, like Garchomp, Landorus-T, or Hippowdon. Additionally non ground hazard setters such as Ferrothorn, or Kommo-o are weak to one of its STAB Moves so it can force them out and prevent them from getting rocks up!

On a Sun team, Mega Sirfetch'd can boost Grass moves for Grass Pokémon like Venusaur, and lessen the damage from Earthquake to help out Fire Pokémon like Torkoal or Heatran. Moreover, with the new Fairy type, Sirfetch'd can easily take care of Dragon Pokémon like Garchomp, Latias or Kommo-o Sun teams often struggle with due to their good bulk and natural resistances to Fire and Grass. On top of that, Sirfetch'd can run Solar Blade since Sun teams always run Drought.

Outside of Sun teams, you can choose between Grassy Glide or Leaf Blade. While the former acts as a great tool to finish weakened Pokémon and patch up its rather mediocre Speed for a wallbreaker, the latter helps it out to greatly weaken Tapu Fini, Slowbro or Unaware Pokémon like Quagsire and Pyukumuku.

As Sirfetch'd knows Defog, you can decide yourself when you want to remove Grassy Glide so that your opponent can't take advantage of it.

Sirfetch'd can also run 2 very different wincon sets for teams wanting its defensive utility or offensive prowess, Swords dance sets can break through much of the meta with its access to Brave Bird, Poison Jab for Fairies, and Knock off. But also Iron Defense Body Press Defensive sets can work very well due to its access to roost, and STAB Body press off of its defense hits like a truck, and uninvested Knock offs allow it to deal with switchins midgame and prevent them from switching in later.

In the realm of VGC it is also a very good pokemon contributing to terrain wars but also its premega ability rendering it immune to intimidate or being fake outed on turn 1. It can support its team using moves such as quick guard, or feint to break through protect, its bulk is also a lot more modular in VGC.
Mega:swsh/sirfetchd: Sirfetch'd
Type:
Fighting

Mega Stone: Sirfetch'ite

Ability: Perfectionist - This Pokemon's critical hits deal double damage, but its non-critical hits fail to deal any.

Stats:
HP - 62 (+0)
ATK - 135 (+5)
DEF - 145 (+50)
SPA - 68 (+0)
SPD - 132 (+50)
SPE - 65 (+0)

New Moves: Slash, Sacred Sword

Description:
Dex Entry: Sirfetch'd diligent and extensive training in honing its techniques is brought to its fullest potential through Mega Evolution - allowing its carefully placed and devastating strikes to completely shred foes and break through even the most impenetrable defenses. However, the amount of Mega Energy-powered focus and concentration required to land these attacks causes it to completely forget about everything besides its most practiced moves.
So, much like my Golduck sub, this Sirfetch'd creates a unique opportunity for a viable user of an entirely underutilized and usually unviable move. Golduck used Psychic Terrain, Sirfetch'd uses Focus Energy. With the power of its new ability, Focus Energy is essentially a better Swords Dance for Sirfetch'd when combined with crit-boosted moves, which allows it to hit ridiculously hard and makes it an extremely potent wallbreaker. Sky Attack in particular becomes a time bomb (more like a time nuke, but that doesn't have the same ring to it) to any team that doesn't have Protect. However, its incredibly hard to wall nature is balanced by its very slow speed and mandatory usage of Focus Energy every time it comes in - most Pokemon can hit it twice before it slams them (three times if it uses Sky Attack), and receive the same chance every time its forced out and tries to return to the field, which gives a generous window of opportunity for the enemy to deal with it.

In addition, Sirfetch'd doesn't have any STAB crit-boosted moves. This has interesting interactions with Superpower, its strongest move (tied with Close Combat). One, since at only +2 crit stages from Focus Energy there's a 50% crit chance, this essentially turns Superpower into a stronger Dynamic Punch that doesn't confuse. Here, between the mandatory need to crit and already being quite slow, Sirfetch'd doesn't care about either of Superpower's usual drawbacks, but is instead forced to deal with the penalty of hitting it at all being a 50/50 roll. Some players might go for it, but some players may instead decide to leave it behind and rely on strong non-STAB coverage from its pool of enhanced crit moves.
:swsh/sirfetchd:
Mega-Sirfetch’d
Ability: Leek Blade - This Pokemon’s Fighting type moves always crit, but it can’t use them twice in a row

Stats:
ATK: 135 -> 145 (+10)
DEF: 95 -> 135 (+40)
SPA: 68 -> 78 (+10)
SPD: 82 -> 102 (+20)
SPE: 65 -> 85 (+20)
Sirfetch'd is very centered around critical hits, as shown by its evolution method and it's item the leek. So, why not:wynaut:take that idea and add it to the mega? Leek Blade can make Mega-Sirfetch’d run dual STAB moves, which limits it moveset but gives it a power boost while allowing it to run more moves like Roost and Swords Dance. However, it loses Scrappy, which limits its damage output to ghost types and can't fit much coverage on its movesets.
Mega Sirfetch'd!
Type
: Fighting
Ability: Bulletproof

Stats:
62/135/135/68/135/72 (+0, +0, +40, +0, +53, +7)
New Moves: Pluck
Descriptions:

Sirfetch'd has a leek blade and a leek shield, so i tried to focus more on the shield part of it, making it defensive with Bulletproof.
Wall with Bulletproof so it can tank various moves. Also a slow and bulky breaker.
Mega Sirfetch'd

Ability: Parry (Upon an active turn, incoming physical damage the user takes will be halved if dealt before the Pokemon with this ability moves.)
Stats:
Atk: 180 (+45)
Def: 110 (+15)
SpAtk: 98 (+30)
SpDef: 87 (+5)
Spe: 70 (+5)

Explanation:
This Sirfetch'd is designed heavily around the idea and process of knight-styled fencing matches, where playing on the defensive and searching for openings is key to victory. A parry in combat tends to be defined as being a means of positioning oneself for a counter-attack, which this ability in essence does. Although a very powerful effect, it is contingent on Sirfetch'd moving last. However, its nuclear attack stat plays a very deliberate role here in the sense that you can attempt to move first to exploit it, at the cost of your incredible bulk, which is an issue that's exacerbated by Sirfetch'd's signature STAB in Close Combat. Using it last, though, can lead to a deadly counter attack or boosting opportunity after soaking an otherwise hazardous hit.

This effect allows for Sirfetch'd to act as a Fighting-type tank with not only great flavor, but a deliberate effect that forces the Sirfetch'd user to plan each turn carefully.

Voting will last until this time on Wednesday, the 25th of August. (In GMT, that's 3:00 AM on Thursday the 26th. Check the link below to see the time converted into your time zone!)

Related to this, I've got a fun new toy set up on the wiki's main page: An events calendar widget that displays the times of current and upcoming mod events in the viewer's local timezone!

On that calendar, you can see a couple of our upcoming events:

This Saturday (August 28th): "15-Ban" VGC Tournament, run by BlueRay
BlueRay said:
What's special about this event is that it's called 15 Ban, meaning, for the sake of diversity and fun, you are not allowed to use the following Pokémon:
1) Mega Slowking​
2) Mega Dhelmise​
3) Tapu Fini​
4) Incineroar​
5) Amoonguss​
6) Mega Rillaboom and Rillaboom​
7) Urshifu-Single-Strike + Urshifu-Rapid-Strike​
8) Spectrier​
9) Glastrier​
10) Regieleki​
11) Mega Registeel and Registeel​
12) Mega Orbeetle​
13) Landorus-T​
14) Mega Alolan Ninetales​
15) Galarian Moltres​

- Canon megas like Mega Mawile are auto banned
- we will play in an open team format, meaning everyone knows which Pokémon, moves, and items your opponent runs, with the exception of nature, EVs, and IVs
- to reward consistency and teambuilding, you are required to use only one team for the entirety of the tournament.
- the battles are going to be a Best of 3 and Double Elimination.
- please send me privately a pokepaste of your team so that I can create a document and check if your team is valid.

Next Saturday (September 4th): Speed-Draft Tournament, run by Exploziff
Exploziff said:
On September 4th ; 1pm EST will be held a Speed draft tournament. A speed draft tournament is a tournament where each player draft a team at the begining and face each other using those mon (more detail in the google sheet).
The tournament will be open for 8 or 16 persons (depending on how popular it is). Consider it taking around 3hours so be sure to be available enough :). If you wish to enter the tour , put your inscription in #m4a-draft-league.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wd4r4qE14n14uWoHxP-GtAcsmojzMAFrgBq_ADuRFXI/edit?usp=sharing
Once again, check the calendar for more detailed start times specific to your time zone!

Slate 35

As previously announced, slate 35 will be a celebration slate themed after the starter Pokémon from the Alola region, featuring :decidueye: Mega Decidueye, :incineroar: Mega Incineroar and :primarina: Mega Primarina!

To keep the thread organized, I ask that you refrain from posting your submissions here until the submission phase begins, but remember that the Discord is always a fantastic place to discuss ideas and get feedback on your submissions even before the slate opens!

Next up, we're finally returning to slate polls after working through our queue of planned slates!
As usual, we'll start by voting on this preliminary poll every week to see what the most popular slates on the masterlist are, including any new suggestions that have been made recently.
Once submissions for slate 35 have begun, we'll have a more narrowed-down poll like we always do, so you can vote on that throughout the week!

>>> Future Slates Poll (Part I) <<<

All right, I think that's it from us for now. I'll be back in a few days with the results! Happy voting!​

Last edited:
A particular Porygon-2 was called by an unknown being to receive an upgrade. However, this upgrade was never initially approved by the original makers of Porygon-Z. The result? Porygon-Z - a destructive, unstable beast. That works surprisingly well for what it is, which is why the original makers eventually mass reproduced them.
1. Exploziff
2. Violettes
3. KeroseneZanchu
4. ShinGen
5. ninjacid
6. Eeveegirl1380
7. jazzmat
8. ausma
9. SimpyShrimp
10. bekama
11. FierceHawk192

Your powers are impressive! But... they are no match for my psychic powers! And even the strongest warriors... can fall to a well-timed mental attack!
1. Violettes/ausma
2. BlueRay
3. abismal
4. okispokis
5. JosJet
6. KeroseneZanchu
7. The Damned
8. NANI?

:sirfetchd:
He's a tough warrior, sure. Also a master tactician. But he's protective and amiable, and to the citizens, that is what matters the most.
1. okispokis
2. ausma
3. Eeveegirl1380
4. Violettes
5. Paulluxx
6. SimpyShrimp

Last edited:
Let's Do This!
:swsh/golduck:
1. JosJet
2. Mossy Sandwich
3. abismal
4. Exploziff
5. Blueray
6. Jazzmat
7. NANI!?
:swsh/sirfetchd:
1. Okispokis
2. Asuma
3. Violettes
4. Regic Boat
5. Paulluxx
1. Okispokis
2. Violettes
3. ARandomPerson
4. Erphuan The Fluffy
5. Exploziff

doing this not at work for once!

1. jazzmat
2. abismal
3. josjet
4. mossy sandwich
5. blueray
6. kerosenezanchu

1. jazzmat
2. eeveegirl1380
3. violettes
4. kerosenezanchu
5. exploziff
6. ausma
7. erphuan the fluffy
8. fiercehawk192
9. dark fairy

1. jazzmat
2. pauluxx
3. ausma
4. regic boat
5. eeveegirl1380
6. violettes
7. magmajudis
8. simpyshrimp
9. okispokis

A bit sad my Z-sub seems to be the least popular one of them all, but hey kudos to all the other subs for looking better than mine, which was an absolute disaster to begin with :p

Anyways, votes:

1) Violettes
2) SimpyShrimp
3) Magnum
4) shinxthe17!
5) DarkFairy
6) EeveeGirl1380
7) ausma
8) okispokis
9) Exploziff

1) Violettes (as of now I haven't seen all the golduck subs yet but if that one goes well, I'm absolutely vouching for another sweep!)
2) ausma
3) NANI?
4) okispokis
5) Magmajudis
6) KeroseneZanchu

SIKE YOU THOUGHT I WAS GONNA CALL GOLDUCK AQUA DUCK HUH
anyways uh

1) Josjet
2) MossySandwich
3) Magnum
4) okispokis
5) Regic Boat
6) abismal
7) BlueRay
8) StarFalcon555
9) Gekokeso

And those are my votes! Hopefully I can come up with some better stuff again (something like the Mega Infernape sub that lost to ausma) for the next slate~

hi here to do my vote rigging civil duty like a good m4a citizen
1. violettes/ausma
2. mossy
3. josjet
4. abismal
5. jazzmat
6. blue
1. explo
2. okispokis
3. shin
4. violettes
5. eeveegirl
6. kero
1. eeveegirl
2. ausma
3. doubleironbash
4. paullux
5. shrimp
6. abismal
7. okispokis

First time voting! Really excited for this slate.

1. abismal
2. bekama
3. Violettes/ausma
4. NANI!?
5. okispokis
6. Gekokeso
7. jazzmat
8. JosJet
9. Mossy Sandwich
10. KeroseneZanchu
1. FierceHawk192
2. Erphuan the Fluffy
3. EeveeGirl1380
4. shinxthe17!
5. Exploziff
6. okispokis
7. Magmajudis
8. KeroseneZanchu
9. ninjacid
10. analysis geek
1. Paulluxx
2. SimpyShrimp
3. NANI!?
4. Erphuan the Fluffy
5. Double Iron Bash
6. FierceHawk192
7. Magmajudis
8. ausma
9. Regic Boat
10. Moretto

Last edited:

Paulluxx

[Regional Manager of Big Shifu]
is a Community Contributor
This slate was nostalgic for me for Ducktales related reasons

Sirfetch’d: Paulluxx, KeroseneZanchu, Double Iron Bash, Okispokis,

Golduck: The Damned, Blueray, Exploziff, KeroseneZanchu, Josjet, Abismal

Porygon-Zed: Abismal, KeroseneZanchu, Exploziff, Eeveegirl

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)