National Dex Mega Scizor Balance Offense

Hello everyone, today I want to share a team that I have been using throughout the generation. I want to share it on the forum and I would also like some tips to improve.
I finally decided to publish it since, although the generation is coming to an end, I would like to receive some advice or support for perhaps a future.

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Def / 244 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost

In first option I chose Scizor. Basically, it's my quintessential pokemon. He is able to counter Weavile as a huge threat to my team. I decided to run the bulky set as it was the quintessential best option on this team, to gain momentum and be able to resist threats like Landorus-Therian, Mega Latias, and even deal with nuisance Pokemon like Clefable. In my opinion, a great option for the team, not only because it is a Pokémon that I like.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 52 Def / 100 SpD / 112 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Defog
- Knock Off
- Roost

Okay, Gliscor here! I thought it was a great inclusion here... Honestly, I chose it since it allows you to overcome the annoying Heatran, given its great defense. Your chance to Defog and use Knock Off instead. As well as being a good counter defensive player like Mega Mawile Sticky vs Sticky. Additionally, alongside Scizor, it can be very well covered against Ice-type threats. Since he wields very well thanks to his powerful bullet fist. It's also a great option to counter Tapu Koko or even Magnezone, a great Scizor foe instead.

Araquanid @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Water Absorb / Water Bubble
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Atk / 156 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sticky Web
- Liquidation
- Mirror Coat
- Toxic

Ok, here I decided to choose Araquanid over Fini. Honestly because I find it much more useful in this place. Thanks to Sticky Web, it helps me contain teams which could Sweep me, it also helps me contain Rain teams which are pretty tough for this team. And above all, help slow members, like Xurkitree. In my opinion this is a great pokémon for this team. Mirror coat will also help you counter tedious special attacks and Liquidation eliminate pokémons like Volcarona.

Zapdos-Galar @ Choice Band
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Thunderous Kick

The fourth member of the team I chose Zapdos-Galar. Thanks to its typing it helps to deal with threats like Kommo-o, Mega Medicham or big threats like Serperior which traverse the Sticky Web. Also, this mon is a monster, you only need two hits to remove Toxapex or even defensive Landorus-Therian. it even wears down Rotom-Wash, another big threat to this team with Stealth Rock. It's also a good option for removing defensive players like Chansey or sweeping through threats like Tapu Lele under Sticky.

Xurkitree @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Energy Ball

Xurkitree has given me a lot of 6-0s, just make sure you remove the threats to knock your opponent out. It's also an option to hit threats like Manaphy, Gastrodon, Toxapex, or even Dragons pretty hard thanks to Sticky Web. Just make sure you take it out carefully. Xurkitree is also quite intimidating to Zapdos, which is 2HKOed. Xurkitree is generally not a viable option in competitive and shouldn't be used, but if used correctly it can win the match.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 136 SpD / 120 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Magma Storm
- Toxic
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock

Heatran is my last choice on the team. And possibly the best, thanks to its great bulkiness it can resist Serperior very well, grant immunity to Scizor, use stealth rock and of course you can also intoxicate, it is also a great help to avoid constant switches especially with Landorus-T or Zapdos the which is quite tedious. You can also get rid of Ferrothorn or even intoxicate Volcarona. He can also be a good pivot against Tapu Koko.

Threats list:

This mon is PAIN. Honestly you can Sweep if you don't know how to deal properly. The only downside to him is his weakness to rocks and that he can wear him down along the way, otherwise he should fight it very carefully.

These pokémons are usually too annoying. Quite simply because they can latesweep if you don't preserve Araquanid on the team, which does not guarantee a definitive victory either. They also often get extra help from Zapdos, which can get rid of them.

Zapdos is a nuisance for two reasons. He is too spendy. In addition, it usually gives unconditional support to Rain teams, leaving it more vulnerable. It's possible to get rid of it since you're playing late game and your Pokemon can use its bulky, Xurkitree can also be intimidating, but be careful not to wear it out.

These mons are quite unpredictable. They're not usually invincible but they can be quite annoying, especially their peace of mind sets. Get rid of them quickly or pick /forfeit in the chat if they've weighed you down too much.

Importable:

https://pokepast.es/7e0d075614258440

Last edited:

ADF Test

Banned deucer.
Hey boss, really love the team. I do have a small change on it.

1668571780268.png
>
1668571835664.png

I believe that Rotom-Wash can help keep the momentum of the volt-turning process and help you with rain teams. It is NatDex so there isn't a team that can check everything, but I think having Rotom-Wash over Xurkitree will be incredibly helpful for better matchups, specifically the rain matchup, and keeping momentum.

Here are a few sets you could run.

1668572036440.png Standard Pivot
1668572111810.png Offensive Z-Electric
1668572203625.png Offensive Z-Water

Hope this helps! Cool team!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)