National Dex Mega Mawile + Weavile Balance Team

https://pokepast.es/834c2cfc258d9eaa
:mawile: :slowbro: :chansey: :heatran: :weavile: :landorus-therian:

Contents
Team Building Process
Threats
Easy Targets

Team Buidling Process:

I faced off against Ara in Round 1 of Summer Seasonal in Nat Dex, and turns out Mega Mawile is really good. So I figured I should make a team centered around it.

I wanted to have some pivots to be able to have safe switches to go into, so I have a physical wall in Slowbro and then the special wall in Chansey. I want to have Teleport for a safe switch in, so I removed stealth rock as two of the best mons in the tier also get Stealth Rock. Speaking of, I put on Heatran on for Stealth Rock Support. Then to have a good cleaner thats hard to switch into, I have a choice band Weavile. Knock Off to weaken opponents, while also having some great offensive pressure on the opponent's physical walls which would open up Mega Mawile. Landorus is Defog Support, as well as another bulky pivot to get in the offensive pressure. Also having a ground type is borderline mandatory due to Volt Switch.

Threats:
Lopunny-Mega :lopunny:
Lop can be really hard to deal with if Slowbro and Landorus are dealt with. U-turn, CC and Return can't be dealt with easily.

Latias-Mega :latias:
Aura Sphere is gonna hurt if it gets enough calm mind boosts, plus Psyshock for Chansey. Knock Off won't be doing much due to the mega stone. Hard to deal with Defensively, but Weavile is good against it offensively.

Magnezone :magnezone:
I have two steels types, and losing either of them would be bad.

Rotom-W :rotom-wash:
Volt Switch is hard to deny when you're facing a hydro pump to the face. Walls can't effectively deal with it due to volt switch.

Scizor Mega :scizor:
Sand Tomb is gonna hurt Mawile and bad. Pressures Heatran and Weavile.

Medicham Mega :medicham:
Fighting + Ice Coverage is hard for my team to handle if Slowbro gets worn down too much.

Greninja :greninja:
Protean + U turn. Hard to deal with defensively.

Tapu Koko :tapu_koko:
Hidden Power Ice makes it hard to dent Volt Switch.

Set Up Sweepers
Generally hard to deal with. Toxic support is nice, but I don't have many speedy threats for revenge killing.

Easy Targets:
Physical Walls
Ferroseed, Corvknight, Slowbro and Toxapex need to deal with both of of Mawile and Weavile. Getting doubled up on makes them unreliable checks.

Psychic and Ghost Types
Pursuit is really nice. Wish we had it in regular play.

Weakened Teams
Choice Band Ice Shard is really good.

Im not sure what else to put here, its not my expertise unfortunately.

Please give me any feedback on why my team is lackluster and doesn't work too well.

You don't mention them, but are the mons w. 4x grass weakness and nothing else a challenge? I always try to have grass and/or Freeze-Dry coverage Toxic does do pretty good w/ them. That's all that stands out, lack of grass. But I'm not good at this :D

Kind of yes, kind of no on the 4x grass weak mons of gastrodon and mega swampert

Slowbro and chansey covers a large swath of the metagame, so they can toxic them and it should be fine provided there isn't cleric support on the other side. Plus Weavile's Choice Band boosted Triple Axel is still going to chunk them hard. Also usual set for Gastrodon is specially defensive, so I could likely bowl it over due to my high physically offense.

252+ Atk Choice Band Weavile Triple Axel (40 BP) (3 hits) vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Gastrodon: 417-495 (97.8 - 116.1%) -- approx. 93.8% chance to OHKO
Possible damage amounts: (139, 141, 142, 144, 145, 148, 150, 151, 153, 154, 156, 157, 159, 160, 162, 165)

252+ Atk Huge Power Mawile-Mega Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Gastrodon: 379-447 (88.9 - 104.9%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO
Possible damage amounts: (379, 384, 388, 393, 397, 402, 406, 411, 415, 420, 424, 429, 433, 438, 442, 447)

Its also teleport fodder so i can get my mons in pretty safely.

They're an issue because they force me to switch in my defensive mons to sponge hits, which can be easily predicted.

However, teleport is a really hard move to punish.

Played with the team a bit, Here's what I got for favorable matchups

Kommo-o and Weavile
Mega Mawile shuts em down hard. Resists Weavile's stabs and can easily OHKO Kommo-o.

Garchomp + Landorus
Ice Weakness is a liability. Weavile is S tier for a reason.

Tapu Fini
Has a really hard time making progress against Chansey + Slowbro.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)