ORAS OU Mega Lopunny team

So, I just got back to Pokemon after a 5-year break, got AS and a 3DS for Christmas. I've never done competitive Pokemon at all, nothing serious atleast. I finished the game yesterday and got kinda interested in the competitive side of the game. So I watched a couple of videos and tried to build an OU team. Used it on a few matches on Showdown and it has worked out pretty well so far. Feel free to leave me some tips, suggestions and all that stuff. :)

Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Fake Out
- Power-Up Punch

High Jump Kick and Return for STAB obviously. I usually lead with him to fake out my opponent and mega-evolve. Power-Up Punch for an attack boost, works pretty well against low HP opponents.

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Spikes
- Brave Bird
- Whirlwind

For walling flying, fairy and psychic Pokemon, which are a problem for Lopunny. Rocky Helmet for dealing a little bit of damage, while healing with Roost. Brave Bird for STAB, Whirlwind for throwing out other walls.

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Soft-Boiled
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss

Standard Chansey set I guess. Good partner with Skarmory. Maybe switching it to a Blissey?

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Defog

Special attacker. Draco Meteor does pretty huge damage on anyone who doesn't resist it. Psyshock allows to hit specially defensive Pokemon, such as Chansey and Clefable. Defog to clear up entry hazards.

Gengar @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

My second special attacker. Works very well against fairy-types, who threaten Lopunny and Dragonite. Focus Blast to hit dark-types, and Taunt for stopping Pokemon such as Chansey.

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Thunder Punch
- Extreme Speed

Second physical attacker. Dragon Dance makes sweeping possible, Outrage for STAB, Thunder Punch for coverage and Extreme Speed for +2 priority.

As I said, I'm a bit new to this so be completely honest to me and tutor me! :P

E: I just realised I got 3 fairy weaknesses, so I'm thinking of changing Dragonite to another physical attacker. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Hey there. First of all, i should you to fully read smogon posts about Pokémon before set one in your team. It will explain about synergy of your Pokémon in your team, and synergy of the Pokémon attacks. You've placed chansey only why chansey is an good partner for skarmory, also, you've placed Dragonite and Latios only why are physical/special attackers. You can't do this in competitive Pokémon, if you're placing a Pokémon in your team, you must have good a reason for this. Also, your Pokémon must have good synergy in your attacks, i see your Dragonite is using Thunder Punch for coverage move, and... What? Thunder Punch is not an coverage move for Dragonite, Outrage doen'st hit Fairy-Types, and Steel-Types, and Thunder Punch do not hit Fairy or Steel with super effective damage. After these comments, let's get the tips and suggestions.
Small Suggestions
Mega Lopunny - You should run Frustration over Return, only a simple tip. This causes Ditto to be unable to use Frustration
Skarmory - You should remove Rocky Helmet, and use Leftovers. Skarmory is an Spikes Setter, and will need the passive recovery that leftovers provide, especially running Whirlwind, why everytime you use Whirlwind, you will probably take an attack, and without leftovers, you would use roost much more times,and being able to be KOed, why Skarmory is too slow, and can't use Roost before the opponent attacks.
Dragonite - I should you to run Earthquake over Thunder Punch. How i already said, Thunder Punch is not a good coverage move for Dragonite, and Earthquake hits super effectively Steel-Types, some people also runs Iron Head,but Earthquake already hits extremely hard some Fairy-Types,and Iron head can't hit Steel-Types.
Big Suggestions (Suggestions that change your team a lot)
Skarmory >> Landorus-Therian

Dragonite >> Bisharp

Chansey >> Rotom-Wash

1 - Skarmory and Landorus-Therian works in different functions, but Landorus-Therian works extremely well with Mega Lopunny, while being able to wear down the most of Mega Lopunny checks, with an simple example: Lopunny-M is on the field, and your opponent plays Metagross-M, which checks Lopunny-M, so you switch Lopunny-M to Landorus-Therian, it fight against Metagross-M, and gets 2HKOed / 3OHKOed, but Metagross-M becames extremely weak, and Lopunny-M can revenge kill it easily, also, with your check no longer on the battle, Lopunny-M can sweep much more easily,other example is Talonflame, which gets OHKOed by Landorus-Therian Stone Edge, and can't do much damage to Landorus-Therian in return, additionally, Landorus-Therian can also wear down some Pokémon with the use of U-Turn, setting M-Lopunny safely in the battlefield, for last, Landorus-Therian can set up Stealth Rocks, which extremely helps M-Lopunny to sweep.
2 - How you already said, Dragonite is also a Dragon-type, and you already have an Dragon-Type on your team, so, you was thinking about change your second physical attacker, so, Bisharp is here. Bisharp have the same strategy as Dragonite, safely set on the field, and use one status boost to sweep, or even revenge kill a pokémon with a priority move, but while Dragonite loses against Fairy-Types, Bisharp checks the most, additionally, Bisharp checks many Psychic-Types, which threaten Lopunny-M.
3 - (This is only if you remove Skarmory) Why Skarmory is no longer on your team, Chansey is no more needed, and Rotom-Wash can replaces it, Rotom-Wash, in conjunct with Landorus-Therian, forms a VoltTurn core, which works extremely well, also, this core wear down many Pokémon in the game, making Lopunny-M capable of sweep without problems, Rotom-Wash and Landorus-Therian are two physical walls with a big dmg, so they can easy check the most physical attackers, without need an help of a sweeper, for last, Rotom-W handles some Pokémon that will try to wear down Lopunny-M, such as Garchomp and Landorus-Therian.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)