Max. Optimizer's Trouser Pouch Monstrosity Répertoire ft. Ribbon Masters™, RNGs, SRs, & More

Max. Optimizer

free to be the greatest
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
October 1, 2021
3 new Pokémon
Shout-out to Kanon90 for the amazing Pokémon.
Shout-out to Lego for hosting the amazing raid.
The Giratina is a further fruitful personal Gen 7 Wormhole RNG project.

(#245 - Kanon90's ❝Dana❞
)

❝the Royal Master❞
Received from Kanon90 - NFT

OT: Killy | ID: 45555 | Johto (Crystal)
Bold | Inner Focus (H) | RNG: Soft-Reset
IVs: 31 | 17 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31
EV'd: Roar, Snarl, Tailwind, Scald
{252 HP / 116 Def / 4 SpA / 84 SpD / 52 Spe}

The nickname is a reference to the eponymous character from Nihon Falcom's ❝Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana❞ action role-playing game.
❝We are not the tools of any higher power. Each of us is the very embodiment of free will. Even so, there comes a time in every man's life when he must answer a call to destiny beyond human understanding.❞
❝How will you respond when that moment strikes you? Truly, nothing is more awe-inspiring than one who unceasingly pushes himself beyond the threshold of his courage and will.❞
❝I had hoped to embody such an ideal myself. Even now, many decades later, my awe for her remains unwavering.❞
Note: As of Gen 9, this Pokémon is M-sized.

(#487 - Max. Optimizer's ❝FU❞
)

❝the Strutter❞
Credits for the nickname go to Kanon90 - Non-Redis

OT: Christophe | ID: 241345 | Ultra Space Wilds (Alola)
Adamant | Levitate | RNG: CitraRNG
IVs: 31 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31
EV'd (Gen 7): Shadow Force, Shadow Sneak, Dragon Claw, Earthquake
EV'd (Gen 8): Poltergeist, Shadow Sneak, Dragon Claw, Earthquake
{252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe}

The nickname is a reference to the eponymous prince from Grasshopper Manufacture's ❝No More Heroes III❞ action-adventure hack-and-slash video game.
❝I'm a goddamn superhero.❞
Note: This Giratina took 259 Beast Balls to catch.
Note: As of Gen 9, this Pokémon is L-sized.

(#727 - Max. Optimizer's ❝Sundari❞ ♀
)

❝the Once Well-Trained❞
Den RNG Abused by Lego - Credits for the nickname go to Kanon90

OT: Christophe | ID: 857696 | in a Pokémon Den (Galar)
Impish | Intimidate (H) | RNG: Den (by Lego)
IVs: 31 | 31 | 31 | 0 | 31 | 31
EV'd: Flare Blitz, Throat Chop, Fake Out, Parting Shot
{252 HP / 4 Atk / 164 Def / 44 SpD / 44 Spe}

Sundari is a female tiger cup that usurped the territory of Machali, her mother, and drove her out.
The nickname was chosen for an Incineroar with the move Throat Chop, since she is infamous for her cutthroat nature.
For more information, please check the entry of the Incineroar named ❝Machali❞ and ❝Jhumaroo❞.
Note: As of Gen 9, this Pokémon is S-sized.

Last edited:

Max. Optimizer

free to be the greatest
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
October 16, 2021
3 new Pokémon
Shout-out to Kanon90 for the amazing Pokémon.
Shout-out to /u/Mr_Navillus from /r/SVExchange for hatching the egg for me.
The Froslass is a further fruitful personal Gen 7 Hatching RNG project.
The Zarude is my first ever fruitful personal Pokémon GO project.

(#249 - Kanon90's ❝Shudo❞
)

❝the Great Friend❞
Received from Kanon90 - NFT

OT: Onishi | ID: 23719 | Johto (Silver)
Timid | Multiscale (H) | RNG: Soft-Reset
IVs: 31 | 8 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31
EV'd: Substitute, Toxic, Whirlwind, Roost
{248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe}

Her nickname is a reference to the eponymous Japanese scriptwriter and novelist Takeshi Shudo who originally created Lugia exclusively for the ❝Pokémon The Movie 2000: The Power of One❞ movie.
❝Since Lugia was a Pokémon I designed myself solely for the new movie, I was surprised it ended up getting used later in the games and TV show. [...] Actually, I thought of Lugia as a Pokémon exclusive to the movies.❞
Sadly enough, Lugia was given birth through Shudo's substance abuse, as he was under strong influence of alcohol and pills when writing for the anime and the first three movies:
❝If I can't drink, I take tranquilizers. When I get a little bit high, it helps me sort out all my confused thoughts. However, when it comes to alcohol and drugs, you need to know your limit...❞
❝[Like] if I start to think that 1 plus 1 doesn't necessarily equal 2... when these become difficult, it means I'm drunk.❞
Her original code name was ❝Pokémon X❞, a creature ❝different from Pokémon❞, since she had to ❝symbolize life for humans, too❞.
❝She's a symbol of life, but also of coexistence. X symbolizes deep ocean currents and created life on Earth. It's a maternal Pokémon❞.
❝One of the regrets I have about writing the second Pokémon movie was that I didn't push back on the gender assigned to Lugia.❞
❝Although its gender isn't addressed in the plot, it's given a male voice... [but] it's a maternal Pokémon...❞
Shudo wrote a lot about Lugia in the year before he died, but it was the loss of its maternal identity that pained him the most.
The cause of his death was a subarachnoid haemorrhage, which is essentially a brain bleed whose risk factors include cigarettes and alcohol.
It was Shudo's substance abuse that fuelled his writing and gave birth to Lugia, but sadly, it may also have been what killed him.
Credits for the research and transcript go to maxmoefoe and DidYouKnowGaming?.

(#478 - Max. Optimizer's ❝Akiko❞ ♀
)

❝the Strutter❞

OT: Tsuki | ID: 833886 | Mount Lanakila (Alola)
Timid | Cursed Body (H) | TSV: 0320
IVs: 31 | 0 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31
EV'd: Taunt, Spikes, Icy Wind, Destiny Bond
{4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe}

The nickname is a reference to Akiko Kinoshita from the ❝Snow Woman's Legend❞ murder case in Gosho Ayoama's ❝Detective Conan❞ manga series.
In this case, actress Akiko Kinoshita's is murdered by her body double Yoko Asanuma out of jealousy, since Akiko would always get to enjoy the full fame and recognition.
After forging a suicide letter, Yoko drugged Akiko and knocked her out when they were out skiing.
She later took off her ski outfit and put a white kimono on her, burying Akiko in the snow, which would cause her a deathly hypothermia.

(#893 - Max. Optimizer's ❝Fred❞)
❝the Once Well-Trained❞
Non-Redis

OT: Christophe | ID: 099699 | Pokémon GO
Serious (Jolly Mint) | Leaf Guard | Search for Zarude! Limited-time Special Research
IVs: HT(25) | HT(25) | HT(21) | 25 | HT(21) | HT(7)
EV'd: Bulk Up, Jungle Healing, Power Whip, Darkest Lariat

The nickname is a reference to the eponymous chacma baboon from Cape Town, South Africa.
Fred came to international attention as the leader of a baboon ❝gang❞ which developed a reputation for raiding homes and cars, assaulting and interfering with local residents and tourists, and stealing food.
Human negligence and ❝misguided efforts❞ were blamed for Fred's ❝demise❞, since he was euthanized shortly after his capture.
❝Because people want to love, laugh at and be entertained by baboons, they start a cycle of events that can lead to tragedy, as in the case of this baboon❞, the city said, adding
❝He targets cars with bags and visible food, but it is his ability to open closed car doors that surprised everyone❞.
The nickname was chosen for Zarude, since the ❝Rogue Monkey Pokémon❞, living in packs, is considered ❝incredibly aggressive❞.

Last edited:

Max. Optimizer

free to be the greatest
October 29, 2021
2 new Pokémon
Shout-out to imYati for the amazing Pokémon.
Shout-out to /u/__--_---_- from /r/SVExchange for hatching the egg for me.
The Drapion is a further fruitful personal Gen 7 Hatching RNG project.

(#452 - Max. Optimizer's ❝Orion❞ ♂
)

❝the Great Friend❞

OT: Ramuné | ID: 664798 | Shady House (Alola)
Jolly | Battle Armor | TSV: 1357
EV'd: Swords Dance, Poison Jab, Earthquake, Knock Off
{252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe}

The nickname is a reference to the eponymous character from German poet, fiction and non-fiction writer, and dramatist Christa Reinig's 1968 parable ❝Der Skorpion❞ (❝The Scorpion❞).
The parable revolves around Orion, a man that she labels ❝a scorpion❞, and the world full or prejudice he finds himself in.
His eyes are close together, his eyebrows are bushy, and the shape of his mouth appears to signal cruelty.
While he is in fact a kind and gentle soul, society tells him that his physical appearance is connected to characteristics such as deceitfulness, irascibility, and a tendency to criminality.
He eventually internalizes the societal prejudice and is convinced that he is a bad person, causing him to become a shy recluse, spending most of his days reading books.
One day, however, he leaves his house to go buy a new book and tries to be a good person (the one that he really is) to the people that he meets on his way to the book shop.
In the library, he discovers that the book he wanted is too expensive and he puts it back onto the shelf and picks another one.
However, a book connoisseur tells him that he had been looking for this specific book for ages and ❝the scorpion❞ generously lets him have it.
As a reward for his good deed, the shop owner tells him that he can have the expensive book he originally wanted for cheaper.
❝The scorpion❞, visibly happy, wants to shake hands with the shop owner in order to express his genuine gratitude.
However, since he is holding the book with both hands, he involuntarily ends up handing the man his venomous tail instead, killing him in the process.
Christa Reinig chose the symbol of the scorpion, since it also suffers from human prejudice: only roughly 40 to 50 out of 1500 kinds are venomous enough to kill people.
She warns about societal stigmatization and the related self-fulfilling prophecy.
The nickname was chosen for Drapion, since it is based on a scorpion and since its overall design bears a striking resemblance to Orion's physique.

(#880 - imYati's ❝Martin❞
)

❝the Once Well-Trained❞
Received from imYati - Non-Redis

OT: imYati | ID: 680072 | Route 6 (Galar)
Serious (Brave Mint) | Hustle | Fossil Restoration
IVs: 31 | HT(16) | HT(0) | 31 | 31 | 0
EV'd: Bolt Beak, Earthquake, Fire Fang, Dragon Claw
{252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD}

The nickname is a reference to the eponymous American avian palaeontologist Larry Dean Martin.
The Yanornis martini species of the Yanornis genus, fish-eating Early Cretaceous birds, was named after him.
The name is derived from the combination of the Mandarin Chinese word Yàn niǎo (燕鸟), meaning ❝bird from the Yan dynasty❞, and the Ancient Greek word ornis (ορνις), meaning ❝bird❞.
Much like how Cara Liss restores Dracozolt with the bird head and the drake's lower body, a Yanornis martini was placed on a Microraptor to create the Archaeoraptor, a notorious case of a fossil ❝Frankenstein❞.
For more information, please check the entry of the Dracozolt named ❝Czerkas❞.

Last edited:
Hello Max!

Comment vas tu?
Long timeno see! Can i ask you some cute and useful Pokemons?

I am indeed interested in Martin, Paolomulu, and the wonderdum Akiko.

If you don't want I'll completely understand! I'll be back on the trading scene soon.

Have a superbe Thursday!
See you.

Max. Optimizer

free to be the greatest
Hello Max!

Comment vas tu?
Long timeno see! Can i ask you some cute and useful Pokemons?

I am indeed interested in Martin, Paolomulu, and the wonderdum Akiko.

If you don't want I'll completely understand! I'll be back on the trading scene soon.

Have a superbe Thursday!
See you.
Salut Gaudi,

Cela fait déjà longtemps qu'on ne s'est plus vu.
J'espère que tu vas bien. Je suis très occupé en ce moment, mais je peux quand même t'aider avec ces Pokémons.
Tu peux m'envoyer un message sur Discord et on va s'arranger.

A bientôt!

Max. Optimizer

free to be the greatest
December 16, 2021
3 new Pokémon
Shout-out to Bobbyzchoo for the amazing Pokémon.
Shout-out to /u/redrooster55 from /r/SVExchange for hatching the eggs for me.
The Aggron and the Glalie are further fruitful personal Gen 7 Hatching RNG projects.

(#306 - Max. Optimizer's ❝Vordt❞ ♂
)

❝the Strutter❞

OT: James | ID: 623000 | Mount Lanakila (Alola)
Adamant | Rock Head | TSV: 0707
EV'd: Heavy Slam, Head Smash, Earthquake, Aqua Tail

The nickname is a reference to Vordt of the Boreal Valley, the eponymous boss from FromSoftware's ❝Dark Souls III❞.

(#362 - Max. Optimizer's ❝Achim❞ ♂)
❝the Great Friend❞

OT: Christophe | ID: 473314 | Shady House (Alola)
Naive | Inner Focus | RNG: Hatching
EV'd: Spikes, Taunt, Ice Beam, Explosion

The nickname is a reference to the eponymous character from German author Margret Steenfatt's 1984 short-story ❝Im Spiegel❞ (❝In The Mirror❞).
The short story revolves around the emotional outburst of Achim, a 15 year old boy, trapped in a prejudicial family home that keeps telling him that he is ❝nothing❞, that he does ❝nothing❞, and that he will always stay ❝nothing❞.
After a dispute with his parents, he stares at his pale and expressionless reflection in the mirror.
He grabs a box with tubes of paint from underneath his bed and repaints his face in the mirror with white, black, and blue colours.
The story ends with Achim using his fist to smash the mirror, as well as the painted ❝mask❞ he had been forced to wear.
He packs his bag and leaves his room to meet up with ❝his people❞.
The nickname was chosen for a regular Glalie, since the colour palette matches all of the mask's cold colours, incidentally also matching Glalie's Ice typing.
The moveset with a Naive nature and Explosion was chosen, since Achim's outburst allows him to break free from his childish naïveté by smashing the mirror.
❝Du kannst nichts❞, sagten sie, ❝du machst nichts❞, ❝aus dir wird nichts.❞ ❝Nichts. Nichts. Nichts.❞

(#892 - BilloPS' ❝Hercules❞ ♂)
❝the Once Well-Trained❞
Received from Bobbyzchoo - NFT

OT: Billo | ID: 590970 | the Master Dojo (Galar)
Adamant | Unseen Fist | RNG: Soft-Reset
IVs: 31 | 31 | 31 | 12 | 31 | 31
EV'd: Surging Strikes, Close Combat, Ice Punch, Thunder Punch

The nickname is a reference to the eponymous male grizzly bear owned and trained by Scottish wrestler Andy Robin.
The bear appeared on the UK wrestling circuit before eventually also becoming known as an actor.
The nickname is derived from the Roman equivalent of the Greek divine hero Heracles, son of Jupiter and the mortal Alcmene, known for his strength.

Last edited:
(Checking out your thread)

Hmmm....... (Thinking)......

(Reading your rules first)

Hey Max, What's Up? :)

I'm looking for a female sobble, a female scorbunny, and a female grookey with Hidden abilities that I can use to breed my own.

If I may ask, do you have any of those?

The IVs don't matter and it doesn't matter to me if they are Shiny or not.

If you don't see anything on my thread that you want in return and if you choose to decline my request, that's fine. I'll respect your decision. ;)

Max. Optimizer

free to be the greatest
(Checking out your thread)

Hmmm....... (Thinking)......

(Reading your rules first)

Hey Max, What's Up? :)

I'm looking for a female sobble, a female scorbunny, and a female grookey with Hidden abilities that I can use to breed my own.

If I may ask, do you have any of those?

The IVs don't matter and it doesn't matter to me if they are Shiny or not.

If you don't see anything on my thread that you want in return and if you choose to decline my request, that's fine. I'll respect your decision. ;)
Long time no see, Diabolico.

I'm doing well, thanks for asking.
I hope that the same goes for you as well.

I can give you a breedject of each one for free, no problem.
I'll send you a private message once you can pick them up.

Max. Optimizer

free to be the greatest
January 12, 2022
4 new Pokémon
Shout-out to /u/Ecksel from /r/SVExchange for hatching the egg for me.
The Blastoise, the Hypno, and the Aggron are further fruitful personal Gen 7 Hatching RNG projects.
The Registeel is a further fruitful personal Gen 7 Wormhole RNG project.

(#009 - Max. Optimizer's ❝Pieck❞ ♀
)

❝the Once Well-Trained❞

OT: Christophe | ID: 941769 | Route 1 (Alola)
Modest | Rain Dish (H) | TSV: 2239
EV'd (Gen 7): Water Pulse, Dark Pulse, Aura Sphere, Rapid Spin
EV'd (Gen 8): Shell Smash, Scald, Water Spout, Ice Beam
{8 HP / 252 SpA / 248 Spe}

The nickname is a reference to Pieck Finger from Hajime Isayama's ❝Attack on Titan❞ manga series, host of the Cart Titan.
❝I don't trust Marley. I pray that Eldians will be freed. But I do trust those who've fought beside me!❞

(#097 - Max. Optimizer's ❝Trelawney❞ ♀
)

❝the Great Friend❞

OT: Serra | ID: 591708 | Route 1 (Alola)
Timid | Insomnia | TSV: 2474
EV'd: Nasty Plot, Hypnosis, Dream Eater, Focus Blast
{252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe}

The nickname is a reference to the eponymous character from J. K. Rowling's ❝Harry Potter❞ book series.
This is an homage to ❝Trelawney❞, the first Drowzee I ever caught in my Pokémon Blue game back in 1999, as well as the first Pokémon I ever nicknamed.
❝My dear, you have the Grim.❞

(#306 - Max. Optimizer's ❝Bazuso❞ ♂
)

❝the Strutter❞

OT: Christophe | ID: 649412 | Route 1 (Alola)
Careful | Rock Head | TSV: 0581
EV'd (Gen 7): Heavy Slam, Head Smash, Toxic, Stealth Rock
EV'd (Gen 8): Body Press, Head Smash, Toxic, Stealth Rock
{248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe}

The nickname is a reference to Bazuso, the Grey Knight from Kentaro Miura's ❝Berserk❞ manga series.

(#379 - Max. Optimizer's ❝Von Stroheim❞
)

❝the Strutter❞
Credits for the nickname go to Kommo-o - Non-Redis

Careful | Clear Body | RNG: CitraRNG
EV'd (Gen 7): Stealth Rock, Toxic, Protect, Iron Head
EV'd (Gen 8): Stealth Rock, Toxic, Iron Defense, Body Press
{252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD}

The nickname is a reference to the eponymous character from the 2nd part of Hirohiko Araki's ❝JoJo's Bizarre Adventure❞ manga series.
❝BRRRRRRRRRRRRRAKA MONOGA DOITSU NO KAGAKU WA SEKAI ICHIIIIIII❞

Last edited:
Heyo Max, a few of your mons caught my eye and so I'm here to rob you blind. Interested in Zayn (Lycanroc-Dusk), Killua (Zeraora), as well as pilica12's Annabel (Magearna). Could you please CMT when you have the opportunity, and let me know if anything interests you?

Thanks!

Max. Optimizer

free to be the greatest
Heyo Max, a few of your mons caught my eye and so I'm here to rob you blind. Interested in Zayn (Lycanroc-Dusk), Killua (Zeraora), as well as pilica12's Annabel (Magearna). Could you please CMT when you have the opportunity, and let me know if anything interests you?

Thanks!
Greetings, thanks for your interest.

I got all 3 Pokémon ready for you, I had to re-transfer the Magearna to Gen 8, so you need to get the 2 ribbons and the new moveset yourself.
I currently don't really need anything in return, I'll let you have them for free.
If I ever need any breedables in the future, I'll gladly let you know, though!

Feel free to send me a message on Discord and we'll set up a trade.

Max. Optimizer

free to be the greatest
March 6, 2022
4 new Pokémon
Shout-out to The Chaotician for the amazing Pokémon.
Shout-out to /u/proflayton123 from /r/SVExchange for hatching the egg for me.
The Ninetales and the Magnezone are further fruitful personal Gen 7 Hatching RNG projects.

(#038 - Max. Optimizer's ❝Hayley❞ ♀
)

❝the Great Friend❞

OT: Sarada | ID: 565466 | Route 1 (Alola)
Timid | Snow Warning (H) | TSV: 3133
EV'd (Gen 7+8): Aurora Veil, Freeze-Dry, Encore, Grudge
EV'd (Gen 9): Aurora Veil, Blizzard, Encore, Moonblast
Gen 7+8: {252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe}
Gen 9: {4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe}

The nickname is a reference to singer Hayley Williams of the band ❝Paramore❞.
The band produced a song, called ❝Grudges❞, which is, fittingly enough, the focal point of this moveset featured in this RMT by Mimikyu Stardust.
In addition to this, the nickname was chosen, since Ninetales' Hidden Ability summons a blowing hailstorm when it enters the battle.
The Heavy Ball was chosen, not only because it matches the colour palette, but also because grudges can weigh heavily on one's soul.
❝Stop asking why, why we had to waste so much time❞
❝Well, we just pick up, pick up and start again❞
❝'Cause we can't keep holding onto grudges❞

(#462 - Max. Optimizer's ❝GLaDOS❞
)

❝the Great Friend❞
Credits for the nickname go to Sephirona

OT: Christophe | ID: 594315 | Route 1 (Alola)
Timid | Magnet Pull | TSV: 1108
IVs: 31 | 0 | 31 | HT(30) | 31 | HT(30)
EV'd (Gen 7): Volt Switch, Flash Cannon, Thunderbolt, Hidden Power
EV'd (Gen 8): Iron Defense, Body Press, Thunderbolt, Toxic
{4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe}

The nickname is a reference to the eponymous artificially super intelligent computer system from Valve's ❝Portal❞.
❝How are you holding up? Because I'm a potato.❞

(#889 - The Chaotician's ❝Pridwen❞)
❝the Tower Master❞
Received from The Chaotician - Credits for the nickname go to Kanon90 - NFT

OT: M®★J | ID: 693341 | Pokémon GO
Careful | Dauntless Shield | Caught at a ★★★★★ raid
IVs: 31 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31 | HT(30)
EV'd: Rest, Close Combat, Howl, Behemoth Bash
{252 HP / 64 Def / 132 SpD / 60 Spe}

The nickname is a reference to King Arthur's eponymous shield in ❝Historia regum Britanniae❞, Geoffrey of Monmouth's pseudohistorical account of British history.
❝Arthur lorica tanto rege digna indutus, auream galeam simulacro draconis insculptam capiti adaptat❞
❝humeris quoque suis clipeum uocabulo Pridwen, in quo imago sanctae Mariae Dei genitricis inpicta ipsum in memoriam ipsius saepissime reuocabat.❞
❝Accinctus etiam Caliburno gladio optimo et in insula Auallonis fabricato, lancea dextram suam decorat, quae nomine Ron uocabatur.❞

(#898 - The Chaotician's ❝Herne❞)
❝the Once Well-Trained❞
Received from The Chaotician - NFT

OT: M®★J | ID: 142857 | the Crown Shrine (Galar)
Timid | As One - Unnerve Grim Neigh | RNG: Soft-Reset
IVs: 31 | 28 | 31 | HT(30) | 31 | 31
EV'd: Astral Barrage, Psyshock, Leaf Storm, Future Sight

The nickname is a reference to the eponymous character from William Shakespeare's play ❝The Merry Wives of Windsor❞.
One day, Herne the Hunter assists the king during a hunt and ends up getting gored by a mysterious stag.
The unconscious Herne, however, is found by the Devil who offers him a pact: in return for his life being saved, Herne has to wear the stag's antlers.
Upon his return at the royal court, however, he finds himself being ousted.
Unable to return to his old life, he decides to hang himself in the forest.
His spiteful ghost, however, continues to ride on his ghostly steed across the king's hunting grounds with the vow to protect the wild game that he used to hunt for the king.
❝There is an old tale goes, that Herne the Hunter❞
❝Doth all the winter-time, at still midnight❞
❝Walk round about an oak, with great ragg'd horns;❞
❝And there he blasts the tree, and takes the cattle,❞
❝And makes milch-kine yield blood, and shakes a chain❞
❝In a most hideous and dreadful manner.❞
❝You have heard of such a spirit, and well you know❞
❝The superstitious idle-headed eld❞
❝Receiv'd, and did deliver to our age❞
❝This tale of Herne the Hunter for a truth.❞

Last edited:
I'm very late in stopping by but I really do have to publicly thank my friend Max. Optimizer for providing me with copies of Kusanagi and Abelardo for my VGC purposes. A last minute team change meant that they unfortunately couldn't make it to the main stage in Salt Lake City, but I used them in the March International Challenge which took place about a week and a half ago where I was also able to secure a great placement.

Thank you for helping me out and cheering me on, Chris. We keep moving forward.

Max. Optimizer

free to be the greatest
March 27, 2022
3 new Pokémon
Shout-out to /u/rlawodn0302 from /r/SVExchange for hatching the egg for me.
The Raticate, the Muk, and the Drapion are further fruitful personal Gen 7 Hatching RNG projects.

(#020 - Max. Optimizer's ❝Jürgen❞ ♂
)

❝the Great Friend❞

OT: Christophe | ID: 385623 | Route 1 (Alola)
Adamant | Hustle | TSV: 3770
EV'd: Swords Dance, Double-Edge, Knock Off, Sucker Punch

The nickname is a reference to the eponymous character from German writer Wolfgang Borchert's 1947 short story ❝Nachts schlafen die Ratten doch❞ (❝Rats sleep at Night❞).
In the ruins of an unnamed German city that got bombed during World War II, nine-year-old Jürgen keeps watch.
An older man tries to gain Jürgen's trust in order to find out what exactly he is watching out for.
With the rabbit food in his basket, he arouses the curiosity of the suspicious boy, but the latter declines an invitation to look at his rabbits because he cannot give up the guard.
It is only when the man announces his leave that Jürgen finally starts talking. His house got destroyed during the bombing and the corpse of his four-year-old little brother got buried under the rubble.
His teacher had taught him that rats feast on corpses, which is why he watches over his brother day and night.
The man then claims that the teacher is wrong about rats being nocturnal animals and that everyone knows that ❝rats sleep at night❞.
The man made up this white lie, so that Jürgen, who was no longer able to hide his exhaustion, can finally take a break after sunset and go home without any worries.
The old man leaves, promising to pick up the boy after dark and to give him a white rabbit as a symbol of hope, before escorting him home to his parents.
The nickname was chosen for an Alolan Raticate, since the nocturnal Alolan Rattata only evolves during the night when it becomes active.
❝Unser Haus kriegte eine Bombe. Mit einmal war das Licht weg im Keller. Und er auch. Wir haben noch gerufen. Er war viel kleiner als ich. Erst vier. Er muß hier ja noch sein. Er ist doch viel kleiner als ich.❞

(#089 - Max. Optimizer's ❝Aldrich❞ ♂
)

❝the Strutter❞

OT: Christophe | ID: 358433 | Route 1 (Alola)
Careful | Gluttony (Gen 7) Poison Touch (Gen 9+) | TSV: 2988
EV'd: Curse, Poison Jab, Knock Off, Recycle
{248 HP / 12 Def / 248 SpD}

The nickname is a reference to Aldrich, Devourer of Gods, the eponymous boss from FromSoftware's ❝Dark Souls III❞.
The nickname was chosen for an Alolan Muk, since his devouring of both flesh and souls bloated him with dregs until he collapsed in his own polluted form, becoming a mass of abyssal sludge, animated by darkness.
The Dream Ball was chosen, since, after his revival, he began dreaming of the Old Gods, who supported the linking of the fire, and sought to devour them.
The moveset was chosen, since the Gluttony ability, in conjunction with the consumption and recycling of berries, aptly reflects Aldrich's sheer insatiable hunger.
❝When Aldrich ruminated on the fading of the fire, it inspired visions of a coming age of the deep sea. He knew the path would be arduous, but he had no fear. He would devour the gods himself.❞

(#452 - Max. Optimizer's ❝Robert❞ ♂
)

❝the Great Friend❞

OT: Jebias | ID: 999851 | Route 1 (Alola)
Jolly | Sniper | TSV: 1347
EV'd: Swords Dance, Cross Poison, Agility, Night Slash

The nickname is a reference to German psychologist Robert Betz, more specifically to his interpretation of the animal fable ❝Der Frosch und der Skorpion❞ (❝The Frog and the Scorpion❞).
A scorpion meets a frog on the riverbank. ❝Kind frog, could you carry me on your back across the river?❞, asks the scorpion.
❝I don't have a death wish. The moment we're on the water, you're going to sting me and, then, I'll die❞, replies the frog.
❝No, because if I sting you, then I'll sink and drown❞, says the scorpion. ❝That makes sense. Climb on my back❞, says the frog.
They have barely swum a few metres when the frog suddenly feels a stinging pain. ❝Curses, now you ended up stinging me after all. Now, we're both going to die❞, says the frog.
❝I know. I'm sorry, but I am a scorpion and scorpions sting after all❞, replies the scorpion.
Robert Betz explains that humans are not scorpions and that our thoughts, feelings, and actions are not genetically predetermined.
The ways in which we think, feel, and act are taught to us by our entourage and environment. We do not have to be the victims of our past and past experiences.
The things we have learned can also be unlearned again. We can reinvent ourselves and decide once more who we want to be, how we want to think, speak, and act.
This, however, only works under the condition that we take responsibility as the creators of our previous ways of thinking, feeling, and acting, and, by definition, our past.
Those who will keep thinking of themselves as the victims of their circumstances act like the scorpion: ❝I'm just like that, I can't help it❞.

Last edited:

Max. Optimizer

free to be the greatest
October 16, 2022
3 new Pokémon

It really has been almost 7 months since I went on a health-related hiatus.
Apologies for not having any new ❝own❞ Pokémon, but I have really been out of it for a while.
This is my last update before the official Scarlet and Violet release.
Shout-out to Eppie for helping me complete some of my sets with his amazing Pokémon.
I am happy to be back and see everyone doing well and working hard on projects still.
Stay safe and healthy everyone, things can go wrong faster than you think.
I will see all of you with new momentum and new inspiration in Gen 9.
Sia later!

(#059 - Eppie's ❝Deneh❞ ♀)
❝the Great Friend❞
Received from Eppie - Credits for the nickname go to Sephirona - Proof

OT: Eppie | ID: 232730 | Pokémon GO
Bold | Intimidate | Standard Capture
EV'd: Flamethrower, Morning Sun, Teleport, Toxic
{248 HP / 196 Def / 64 SpD}

The nickname is a reference to the eponymous female member of Red XIII's unnamed species from Square's ❝Before Crisis -Final Fantasy VII-❞ role-playing video game.

(#113 - Eppie's ❝Magdalene❞ ♀)
❝the Great Friend❞
Received from Eppie - Proof

Bold | Natural Cure | Standard Capture
EV'd (Gen 8): Soft-Boiled, Toxic, Seismic Toss, Teleport
EV'd (Gen 9): Seismic Toss, Soft-Boiled, Thunder Wave, Stealth Rock
{252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD}

The nickname is a reference to Mary Magdalene, the eponymous follower of Jesus and witness to his crucifixion and resurrection.
According to an Eastern Orthodox Christian folktale, Mary Magdalene used her position to gain an invitation to a banquet given by the Roman emperor Tiberius in Rome.
During her conversation with the emperor, she proclaimed ❝Christ is risen!❞, while having a plain egg nestled in the palms of her hands.
The emperor, visibly amused, began to laugh and replied that Christ's resurrection was about as likely to have happened as the egg in her hand changing its colour to red.
He had barely finished uttering his reply, when the egg had indeed already changed its colour to a bright red in Mary Magdalene's palms.
The nickname was chosen for a Chansey; since it holds an egg in its palm and since its healing properties go in tandem with the egg representing new life.

(#892 - Eppie's ❝Terrible Ted❞ ♂)
❝the Once Well-Trained❞
Received from Eppie - NFT

OT: Eppie | ID: 229905 | the Master Dojo (Galar)
Jolly | Unseen Fist | RNG: Soft-Reset
IVs: 31 | 31 | 31 | 11 | HT(30) | 31
EV'd: Wicked Blow, Close Combat, Poison Jab, Sucker Punch

The nickname is a reference to the eponymous male American black bear owned and trained by Canadian wrestler Dave McKigney.
The bear wrestled regularly for various North American promotions from the 1950s until the 1970s.

Last edited:

Max. Optimizer

free to be the greatest
December 5, 2022
4 new Pokémon
Shout-out to Christian and Eppie for the amazing Pokémon.
The Ursaluna is a further fruitful personal Gen 7 Hatching RNG project.

(#059 - Tatertot's ❝Ethan❞ ♂)
❝the Once Well-Trained❞
Received from Christian

OT: Tate | ID: 986230 | Pokémon GO
Impish | Intimidate | Standard Capture
EV'd (Gen 8): Flare Blitz, Morning Sun, Teleport, Will-O-Wisp
EV'd (Gen 9): Flare Blitz, Morning Sun, Roar, Will-O-Wisp
{252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD}

Ethan is a Hebrew masculine name, meaning ❝strong❞ and ❝optimistic❞, ❝solid❞ and ❝enduring❞, ❝permanent❞.

(#121 - Eppie's ❝Adaya❞)
❝the Great Friend❞

Timid | Natural Cure | Standard Capture
EV'd: Rapid Spin, Recover, Teleport, Scald

Adaya is a Hebrew feminine name, meaning ❝God's Jewel❞.

(#233 - Eppie's ❝Project 79❞)
❝the Once Well-Trained❞

Calm | Trace | Standard Capture
EV'd: Toxic, Teleport, Ice Beam, Recover
{248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD}

The nickname is a reference to the eponymous top-secret US Government project dedicated to creating artificial intelligence in the 1968 novel ❝The God Machine❞ by Martin Caidin.

(#901 - Max. Optimizer's ❝Christian❞ ♂
)

❝the Strutter❞

OT: Christophe | ID: 963544 | Route 1 (Alola)
Adamant | Guts | TSV: 1127
EV'd: Facade, Earthquake, Drain Punch, Ice Punch
{236 HP / 252 Atk / 20 Spe}

The nickname is a reference to the eponymous character from Dani Aster's 2019 folk horror film ❝Midsommar❞.
The nickname was chosen, since the moveset, relying on the Guts ability triggered by the Flame Orb item, bears a striking resemblance to Christian's fate.
The final Midsommar ceremony involves the ritualistic burning of 9 human sacrifices to purge the Hårgar commune from evil.
As May Queen, Dani must choose either Christian or a commune member to be the final sacrificial victim.
She chooses Christian, who is stuffed into a disembowelled brown bear's body and placed in a triangular wooden temple alongside other sacrifices.
The commune members to be sacrificed are given drugs and told it will prevent them from feeling fear or pain, but Christian is not and remains unable to move.
The structure is set on fire, and the commune members mimic the screams and wails of those being burned alive.
Dani initially sobs in horror and grief, but then she gradually begins to smile.
Note: As of Gen 9, this Pokémon is XXXS-sized.

Last edited:

Max. Optimizer

free to be the greatest
March 16, 2023
9 new Pokémon
Shout-out to Tatertot and Xen for helping me with the Master Rank Ribbon in Gen 8.
Shout-out to Kanon90 for helping me with the Master Rank Ribbon in Gen 9.
Shout-out to Eppie and Light Sanctity for their invaluable time and resources spent helping me back up my entire collection in Gen 8.
Shout-out to Buckert and Eppie for the amazing Pokémon.
The Sneasel and the Meowscarada are gifts from Buckert as part of Smogon Wi-Fi's Secret Santa #6 community event hosted by Light Sanctity.
The Houndstone is my first ever fruitful personal Masuda Method project.

(#199 - Eppie's ❝Erik❞ ♂
)

❝the Once Well-Trained❞
Received from Eppie

OT: Eppie | ID: 229905 | at Wedgehurst Station (Galar)
Calm | Regenerator (H) | TSV: 1037
EV'd: Future Sight, Sludge Bomb, Flamethrower, Scald
{252 HP / 12 Def / 124 SpA / 120 SpD}

The nickname is a reference to the eponymous tragic villain from French journalist and author Gaston Louis Alfred Leroux's novel ❝Le Fantôme de l'Opéra❞ (❝The Phantom of the Opera❞).
Erik, whose face got deformed after an acid attack, haunts the Palais Garnier Opera House as the ❝Angel of Music❞ and the ❝Opera Ghost❞.
He tutors the young Swedish soprano Christine Daaé, before eventually becoming obsessed with her.
The nickname was chosen for a Galarian Slowking, since the Shellder bears a striking resemblance to the mask that Erik wears in order to hide his deformed face.
In addition to this, the motif of the poisonous Shellder that latches onto Slowking's face bears a striking resemblance to the acid that got poured into Erik's face.
The Dream Ball was chosen to complement the lyrics by English lyricist, librettist, and songwriter Charles Hart.
❝In sleep he sang to me, in dreams he came❞
❝That voice which calls to me, and speaks my name❞
❝And do I dream again? For now, I find❞
❝The Phantom of the Opera is there, inside my mind❞

(#215 - Buckert's ❝Umbriel❞ ♂)
❝the Great Friend❞
Received from Buckert - NFT

OT: Wouter | ID: 219964 | Mount Lanakila (Alola)
Jolly | Keen Eye | RNG: Hatching
Ut: Counter, Fake Out, Avalanche, Icicle Crash

The nickname is a reference to Uranus' eponymous moon.
The nickname was chosen for Sneasel, since the surface is the darkest among Uranian moons and since it is partially differentiated into an icy mantle, thus matching Sneasel's Dark / Ice dual typing.
Note: As of Gen 9, this Pokémon is XS-sized.

(#571 - Eppie's ❝?❞ ♂
)

❝the Great Friend❞
Received from Eppie - Proof - NFT

OT: Eppie | ID: 930739 | in the Great Crater of Paldea (Paldea)
Timid | Illusion | TSV: 3966
EV'd: Nasty Plot, Shadow Ball, Focus Blast, Flamethrower

The nickname is a reference to ?.
Note: This Pokémon is XL-sized.

(#908 - Buckert's ❝Neva❞ ♂
)

❝the Great Friend❞
Received from Buckert - Credits for the nickname go to Buckert - NFT

OT: Wouter | ID: 588067 | at the Pokémon League (Paldea)
Jolly | Protean (H) | TSV: 1884
IVs: 31 | 31 | 31 | 27 | 31 | 31
EV'd: Flower Trick, Knock Off, U-turn, Trick

The nickname is a reference to the Neva Masquerade, a Russian breed or sub-breed of long-haired domestic cat, named after the eponymous river in St. Petersburg.
Note: This Pokémon is M-sized.

[#925 - Max. Optimizer's ❝Ruth❞
] - Non-Redis

❝the Reliable Partner❞
Credits for the nickname go to Buckert - Art © Crescentstar711 (2023) ❝Ruth❞

OT: Christophe\157826 (Violet) ‹

IVs: 31/31/31/16/31/31 - Adamant\Sand Rush (♀)
EV'd: Last Respects, Play Rough, Tera Blast, Shadow Sneak
[252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe]

I had the inspiration for this project ever since Greavard was officially introduced on October 25, 2022.
I hatched two shiny Greavard in less than 120 eggs on January 2, 2023, using a breeding parent provided by Buckert.
While the first one had flawed Special Defense, the second one turned out to be perfect, with only Special Attack being flawed.

The name was chosen for a Houndstone, since its willingness to follow its trainer forever bears a strong resemblance with the Biblical Ruth.
Despite being widowed, she chose to remain with her mother-in-law Naomi.
❝Whither thou goest, I will go.❞​

(#980 - Eppie's ❝?❞ ♀
)

❝the Great Friend❞

OT: Eppie | ID: 930739 | a crystal cavern (Paldea)
Careful | Unaware (H) | RNG: Den (RaidCrawler)
IVs: 31 | 31 | 31 | 17 | 31 | 31
EV'd: Spikes, Toxic, Earthquake, Recover
{252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD}

The nickname is a reference to ?.

Last edited:

Max. Optimizer

free to be the greatest
July 14th, 2023
3 new Pokémon
Shout-out to Unknown Warrior for informing me that reaching Rank MAX is still possible in Gen 8.
Shout-out to Kanon90 for helping me reach Rank MAX in Gen 8 Battle Spot Singles.
Shout-out to DerpySuX for generously sharing a rental team to help me and other players reach Rank MAX in Gen 8 Battle Spot Singles.
Shout-out to DerpySuX for generously sharing a rental team to help me and other players reach Rank MAX in Gen 9 Battle Spot Singles.
Shout-out to Eppie and TyVip for the amazing Pokémon.
The Goodra is a further fruitful personal Gen 7 Hatching RNG project.

(#706 - Max. Optimizer's ❝a.Ura❞ ♀
)

❝the Great Friend❞

OT: Christophe | ID: 400660 | Route 1 (Alola)
Relaxed | Sap Sipper | TSV: 0906
EV'd: Draco Meteor, Fire Blast, Heavy Slam, Earthquake
{248 HP / 32 Atk / 196 Def / 32 SpA}

The nickname is a reference to the eponymous 2004 album and song ❝a.Ura und das Schnecken.Haus❞ by German band Samsas Traum.
❝Gehe hinein in das Schneckenhaus,❞
❝In diesen Mauern haust der Tod❞
❝Er wartet schon so lang auf Dich,❞
❝Auf Dein Kommen,❞
❝Die Spirale, die sich abwärts dreht,❞
❝Hat Dich ergriffen und ihr Sog❞
❝Zieht Dich hinunter in den Wahnsinn.❞
Note: As of Gen 9, this Pokémon is XXXS-sized.

(#977 - TyVip's ❝Azzam❞ ♀)
❝the Great❞
Received from TyVip - NFT

OT: TyVip | ID: 278339 | at Casseroya Lake (Paldea)
Impish | Unaware | Standard Breeding
IVs: 31 | 31 | 31 | 26 | 31 | 31
EV'd: Yawn, Wave Crash, Protect, Fissure
{244 HP / 252 Def / 12 Spe}

Azzam (عزام) is an Arabic masculine name, meaning ❝determined❞.
The nickname is a reference to the eponymous private super yacht, that, at 180 metres (590 ft) in length, is the longest private motor yacht in the world.
Yacht owners are typically known to refer to their pleasure vessels as ❝she❞.
This is the reason why this female Dondozo actually has a masculine name.
Note: This Pokémon is XXXL-sized.

(#1003 - Eppie's ❝Val❞)
❝the Reliable Partner❞

OT: Eppie | ID: 640924 | Socarrat Trail (Paldea)
Careful | Vessel of Ruin | RNG: Soft-Reset
IVs: 31 | 31 | 31 | 22 | 31 | 31
EV'd: Earthquake, Whirlwind, Ruination, Stealth Rock
{252 HP / 228 SpD / 28 Spe}

The nickname is a reference to the eponymous character from Red Barrel's ❝Outlast 2❞ psychological horror/survival horror video game.
The nickname was chosen for Ting-Lu, as its Dark/Ground dual typing evokes the scene during which Val shows Blake her ❝true face❞ at the ritual site by smothering her body in mud and donning a crown of thorns.
❝God doesn't love you. Not like I do.❞

Last edited:

Max. Optimizer

free to be the greatest
September 12th, 2023
2 new Pokémon
Shout-out to Pearl for generously sharing rental teams to help me and other players reach Rank MAX in Gen 9 Battle Spot Singles.
All 126 of my Pokémon that were eligible for competitive play in pre-DLC Pokémon Scarlet & Violet have now earned the Rank Master ribbon.
Shout-out to CaesarXVII, Christian, crazy_man, Kanon90, Mitsuki, and Tatertot for helping me earn the Mightiest Mark for every single Mew.
Shout-out to Tatertot and Unknown Warrior for helping me understand the Encryption Constant mechanic behind Three-Segment Form Dudunsparce.
Shout-out to Buckert for providing me with new Ditto, breeding parents, and a much-needed kick in the posterior to overcome my creative block.
The Drapion and the Dudunsparce are further fruitful personal Gen 7 Hatching RNG projects.

(#452 - Max. Optimizer's ❝Najka❞ ♀
)

❝the Strutter❞

OT: Christophe | ID: 795093 | Route 1 (Alola)
Adamant | Battle Armor | TSV: 2883
EV'd: Substitute, Protect, Acupressure, Knock Off
{252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD}

The nickname is a reference to Scorpioness Najka, the eponymous boss from FromSoftware's ❝Dark Souls II❞.

(#982 - Max. Optimizer's ❝Albaydé❞ ♀
)

❝the Great Friend❞
Non-Redis

OT: Christophe | ID: 429205 | Route 1 (Alola)
Careful | Serene Grace | TSV: 2963
EV'd: Coil, Body Slam, Roost, Dragon Tail
{252 HP / 152 SpD / 104 Spe}

The nickname is a reference to the eponymous girl from the poem ❝Les tronçons du serpent❞ (The segments of the serpent) by French novelist, poet, and dramatist Victor-Marie Hugo.
The nickname was chosen for a shiny Dudunsparce, since the segmented body bears a striking resemblance to the remains of the yellow serpent that got chopped up with an axe, bleeding pink blood.
The chopped up segments, undergoing post-mortem spasms and desperately trying to reunite and heal, remind the narrator of pairs of lips, desperately trying to become one through a kiss.
Unfortunately for him, however, that is no longer possible, as Albaydé, the girl he had fallen in love with, had passed away.
The Heal Ball was chosen to complement the futile effort of healing.
❝Un jour, pensif, j'errais au bord d'un golfe, ouvert
Entre deux promontoires,
Et je vis sur le sable un serpent jaune et vert,
Jaspé de taches noires.
La hache en vingt tronçons avait coupé vivant
Son corps que l'onde arrose,
Et l'écume des mers que lui jetait le vent
Sur son sang flottait rose.
Tous ses anneaux vermeils rampaient en se tordant
Sur la grève isolée,
Et le sang empourprait d'un rouge plus ardent
Sa crête dentelée.
Ces tronçons déchirés, épars, près d'épuiser
Leurs forces languissantes,
Se cherchaient, se cherchaient, comme pour un baiser
Deux bouches frémissantes !❞
Note: This is a Three-Segment Form Dudunsparce.

Last edited:

Max. Optimizer

free to be the greatest
September 18th, 2023
1 new Pokémon
Shout-out to CaesarXVII, Hare_vs_Tortoise, and Kanon90 for the many fun rounds of Ogre Ousting. We earned this trophy.
Shout-out to Kanon90 for providing the photo of our winning team. (From left to right: Hare_vs_Tortoise, CaesarXVII, Kanon90, and yours truly.)

(#446 - Max. Optimizer's ❝Munchlax❞ ♂
)

❝the Opportunist❞
Non-Redis

OT: Christophe | ID: 157826 | Kitakami Hall (Kitakami)
Impish | Gluttony (H) | Ogre Ousting gift
IVs: 26 | 12 | 6 | 11 | 7 | 9
Ut: Tackle, Lick

Note: This Pokémon is XXXL-sized.

Last edited:

Max. Optimizer

free to be the greatest
February 12th, 2024
2 new Pokémon
A minor update to celebrate my 8th anniversary on Smogon.
Shout-out to keyman98 for the Nintendo Switch Lite soldering modification and RP2040 PicoFly v6-001 modchip installation service.
Shout-out to DerpySuX and EinManU for generously sharing rental teams to help me and other players reach Rank MAX in Gen 9 Battle Spot Singles.
All 74 of my Pokémon that were eligible for competitive play in post-DLC Pokémon Scarlet & Violet have now earned the Rank Master ribbon.
200/200 of my Pokémon that were eligible for competitive play in Pokémon Scarlet & Violet have now earned the Rank Master ribbon.
22 of my legendary Pokémon and/or mythical Pokémon are still waiting to become eligible in a future season.
The Cresselia and the Thundurus are further fruitful personal Gen 7 Wormhole RNG projects.

(#488 - Max. Optimizer's ❝Rennala❞ ♀
)

❝the Great Friend❞
Non-Redis

Bold | Levitate | RNG: CitraRNG
EV'd (Gen 7): Moonblast, Psyshock, Calm Mind, Moonlight
EV'd (Gen 8+9): Moonblast, Stored Power, Calm Mind, Moonlight
{252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA}

The nickname is a reference to Rennala Queen of the Full Moon, the eponymous boss from FromSoftware's ❝Elden Ring❞.
❝Hush, little culver. I'll soon birth thee anew, a sweeting fresh and pure…❞

(#642 - Max. Optimizer's ❝Маяко́вский❞ ♂
)

❝the Strutter❞
Credits for the nickname go to Marmite - Non-Redis

Timid | Volt Absorb | RNG: CitraRNG
EV'd (Gen 7+8): Volt Switch, Thunderbolt, Sludge Bomb, Grass Knot
EV'd (Gen 9): Volt Switch, Thunderbolt, Tera Blast, Grass Knot
{4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe}

The nickname is a reference to Russian and Soviet poet, playwright, artist, and actor Vladimir Vladimirovich Mayakovsky.
More precisely, it is a reference to Russian and Soviet artist and sculptor Maria Denisova, the subject of his unrequited love.
This led to the production of the Russian Futurist poem ❝A cloud in trousers❞ (Облако в штанах, Oblako v shtanakh), written in 1914 and first published in 1915 by Osip Brik.
❝The savage thunder peeked out of the cloud, irate.❞
❝Snorting from huge nostrils, it howled❞
❝And for a moment, the face of the sky bent out of shape,❞
❝Resembling the iron Bismarck’s scowl.❞
Note: In Gen 7 this Pokémon is nicknamed ❝Mayakovsky❞, whereas it is nicknamed ❝Маяко́вский❞ in Gen 8+.
Note: As of Gen 9, this Pokémon is XS-sized.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)