Media Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Wave 5/6 speculation + Hopes

bdt2002

Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs superfan
is a Pre-Contributor
Excited for Wii Daisy Circuit, definitely one of the more underrated courses from that game helping to patch up an otherwise “just okay” outlook for Wave 6 as far as courses are concerned. I feel like the characters are going to be more of a highlight this time around.

That being said, even as a longtime Wii fan I find Funky Kong’s inclusion as an odd pick in hindsight. Yes, he’s a fan favorite character, but it doesn’t seem like we’re going to be getting new battle courses anymore, and I mention this because it would have been a great excuse to add Funky Stadium into Tour prior to Tour’s recent announcements shooting this idea down. That, and we also got Diddy Kong and surprisingly no Dixie Kong.

Excited for Wii Daisy Circuit, definitely one of the more underrated courses from that game helping to patch up an otherwise “just okay” outlook for Wave 6 as far as courses are concerned. I feel like the characters are going to be more of a highlight this time around.

That being said, even as a longtime Wii fan I find Funky Kong’s inclusion as an odd pick in hindsight. Yes, he’s a fan favorite character, but it doesn’t seem like we’re going to be getting new battle courses anymore, and I mention this because it would have been a great excuse to add Funky Stadium into Tour prior to Tour’s recent announcements shooting this idea down. That, and we also got Diddy Kong and surprisingly no Dixie Kong.
I love Wii Daisy Circut. There is this really cool shortcut you could do on that course:
I'm hoping it stays in MK8DX.

bdt2002

is a Pre-Contributor
Last chance to add Wario Colosseum from double Dash, the one track that has never been in retro cups ever
I always found it funny how there's two kinds of Mario Kart fans. You either love this course to death or you absolutely despise it. And there's no in between. I for one don't mind its long length compared to, say, N64 Rainbow Road, and ironically enough I think it's about the same length as N64 Wario Stadium. Similar to how they handled the two Sherbet Land courses, I think N64 Wario Stadium would have been great for Mario Kart Wii while GCN Wario Stadium could have fit really well into Mario Kart 8. But no, they chose the wrong Wario and Waluigi courses. Oh well. At least we got Mount Wario instead. Best course in vanilla Mario Kart 8, change my mind

bdt2002

is a Pre-Contributor
I wasn’t able to post this until now because I’ve been in classes for most of today; that being said, we finally got the trailer reveal for Wave 6. I won’t be including a link to the trailer here in this post, partially because of spoilers and partially because I don’t understand how technology works half the time. All jokes aside, y’all should go check it out. A few of the choices in typical BCP fashion are… interesting, to say the least.

(The only course I’m going to shout-out in this post is Madrid Drive, and even then I’m only doing this because I find it hilarious how these Mario Kart Tour tracks feel like a better representation of real-world locations than their Pokémon world counterparts have been. Case in point, the Paldea region and Spain respectively.)

Final tracks have released.
Track abbreviations will probably be as follows:

bRA (Rome Avanti)
bDKM (DK Mountain)
bDCi (Daisy Circuit)
bPPC (Piranha Plant Cove)
bMD (Madrid Drive)
bRIW (Rosalina's Ice World)
bBC3 (Bowser's Castle 3)
bRRW (Wii Rainbow Road)

Furthermore, no way they showed like 2 hours of wii rainbow road and how they butchered the roads lol, then proceeded to show like 15s of every other track.

Music for tracks are alright. Holy shit bBC3 is actually insane, not what I'd expect from an MK game. bPPC and bDKM are also good.

Not the best wave I'd say but not a bad note to end off on.
They also added a jukebox and more mii suits. Cool, I guess. Wonder if the mii suits will have different stats.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)