Approved Making the Best of the lobby

Status
Not open for further replies.

fx

moon tourism
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
basically this will be a satirical article about the many entertaining aspects of the lobby as well as 'tips and tricks' on making it a fun stay in the Pokemon showdown lobby !!

antemortem

THE ORIGINAL DAVE
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head
any sort of sample you could give us so we have an idea of what you'll be writing?

fx

moon tourism
After studying the lobby for what seems like years, me and my research team have concluded that it certainly is a wild habitat for many. Here we may discover different species of trolls or even successful shitposters and simple individuals trying to find their place on Pokemon Showdown. Whatever the reason may be, the lobby is an excellent starting point for your exciting expedition of Showdown. No matter who you are, there is the perfect group of users out there for you to fit in, so no need to worry about going alone, traveler!

First off, before we start our journey, I'm going to provide you with some excellent routes of where you need to go in the lobby. I mean, if you're going to be successful in your field of expertise you're going to need a general path of where you're headed especially in an untamed place such as the lobby. Without being properly informed of your environment, you'll just wander lost and end up in the wrong place. To avoid this the first thing you'll need to bring is a goal. What are you trying accomplish exactly? Shitposting efficiently? Trolling? Helping out the users to please the moderators? Or maybe strike up a heated, controversial debate and throw the whole place into chaos?

idk this is just an excerpt which i will continue on later

If you could identify specific things that users do in the lobby that annoy people, and have a section for each this would be great actually. Greetbotting, Answerbotting, trolling, terrible metagame knowledge, etc.

Antemortem

fx

moon tourism
i had originally planned on incorporating something to the effect of that, so i will definitely plan on shifting my focus to those as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)