Make your own personalized Trainer Card!

Latias

very interesting
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
trainercard-HaaiL.png

:ss/dialga:
Firstly is my favourite pokemon, Dialga. My favourite has been through many changes over the years but ever since I saw dialga, it instantly became my alltime favoruite. While I havent used it on a playthrough team before, I do plan to use it in Brilliant Diamond. I love its sleek look as well as its really cool typing of Dragon/Steel.
:ss/garchomp:
Deciding my second favoruite Pokemon was challenging but in the end, I decided on Garchomp. I've used it several times in Sinnoh and Kalos playthroughs. I've had a lot of fun using it in competitive and its design is so cool. I love it's origins as the land shark Pokemon as well it's colour scheme.
:ss/gallade-mega:
Mega Gallade wasnt too big on me once I layer eyes on it but in the recent years, it has really grown on me. It's one of my favoruite pokemon design-wise. I loved using both it and regular Gallade in Sinnoh, Hoenn and Kalos.
Its super fun to use in competitive too. It's also my favoruite Mega Evolution.
:ss/sandslash-alola:
I really liked Alolan Sandslash when it was first revealed. I love its design of its icicle spikes and I thought it's signature move, Icicle Crash, would be the coolest move ever with Sandlash jumping and rolling itself up and launching Spikes in all directions. Unfortunately that thinking was crushed soon after. I personally think its one of the coolest as well as cutest Pokemon from the 7th gen.
:ss/sceptile:
For a long while, my favoruite starter used to be Empoleon but after using Sceptipe in Omega Ruby and Ultra Moon, ive come to really like it. Although I prefer Grovyle a bit more, I still really like sceptile
:ss/staraptor:
Staraptor has always been my favoruite bird. Its Strong, Cool and somehow Cute too. I've used it several times in Platinum and XY. If I were in a fictional world. I'd be riding on my Staraptor all day. Its always the map when I use it in a playthrough

trainercard-Mikael(1).png

This is my champion-level team I always default to at the end.

A little explanation: For as long as I can remember, there were two particular trainers I always liked since I was a kid. That fact has not changed, and as you can see, my ace team fully reflects that.

1st Pokemon - Dragonite: My homage to Lance. This Dragonite speciallizes in using Hone Claws, followed by Dragon Rush or Iron Tail spam. Extremespeed is its final move.

2nd Pokemon - Dragonite: My homage to Lance. This Dragonite is a puncher. It has Fire Punch, Ice Punch and Thunder Punch with Dragon Claw as its final move. Since the usual big three wouldn't as much advantage of Dragonite's physical attacks as the punches, I went with the punches.

3rd Pokemon - Dragonite: My homage to Lance. This Dragonite uses Waterfall, Earthquake, Aerial Ace and Dragon Claw.

4th Pokemon - Garchomp: My homage to Cynthia. I call this guy my Fairy-Eater, it's moves are Earthquake, Outrage, Iron Head and Poison Jab.

5th Pokemon - Lucario: Tied with Pikachu for favorite mon position. Mega Capable. This guy is a personal choice that I always include whenever possible. Its moves are Aura Sphere, Flash Cannon, Psychic, and Shadow Ball.

6th Pokemon - Pikachu: Tied with Lucario for favorite mon position. It's a Partner Pikachu and GMax Capable. The team's ace. It comes equipped with a Light Ball and knows Thunderbolt, Surf, Body Slam and Thunder Wave. (Base Stats are: 45/80/50/75/60/120. Cannot Evolve).

trainercard-Mikael.png

Last edited:

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
1st Pokemon - Dragonite: My homage to Lance. This Dragonite speciallizes in using Hone Claws, followed by Dragon Rush or Iron Tail spam. Extremespeed is its final move.

2nd Pokemon - Dragonite: My homage to Lance. This Dragonite is a puncher. It has Fire Punch, Ice Punch and Thunder Punch with Dragon Claw as its final move. Since the usual big three wouldn't as much advantage of Dragonite's physical attacks as the punches, I went with the punches.

3rd Pokemon - Dragonite: My homage to Lance. This Dragonite uses Waterfall, Earthquake, Aerial Ace and Dragon Claw.
When I see this all I can think of is this video.

5th Pokemon - Lucario: Tied with Pikachu for favorite mon position. Mega Capable. This guy is a personal choice that I always include whenever possible. It's moves are Aura Sphere, Flash Cannon, Psychic, and Shadow Ball.

6th Pokemon - Pikachu: Tied with Lucario for favorite mon position. It's a Partner Pikachu and GMax Capable. The team's ace. It comes equipped with a Light Ball and knows Surf, Thunderbolt, Body Slam and Thunder Wave. (Base Stats are: 50/80/50/80/50/120).
Wait, what? You said this was your default team, but in what? Mega and Gigantamax aren't in the same game, not to mention Partner Pikachu is only in Let's Go which don't have Gigantamax (and while they have Mega, it doesn't have Mega Lucario). Also, if you're going to use the Partner Pikachu, why those regular moves when you could use its superior Partner exclusive moves?

When I see this all I can think of is this video.

Wait, what? You said this was your default team, but in what? Mega and Gigantamax aren't in the same game, not to mention Partner Pikachu is only in Let's Go which don't have Gigantamax (and while they have Mega, it doesn't have Mega Lucario). Also, if you're going to use the Partner Pikachu, why those regular moves when you could use its superior Partner exclusive moves?
Default in the sense that if they are available I eventually always include them in my final team. As for Partner Pikachu and GMax I'm referencing the fact that if you have a LGP file in your Switch, you receive a GMax Pikachu in SwSh, which kinda implies that they are the same Pikachu. And as for Partner Moves; sorry, but in my opinion, Partner Moves are a cop-out. I really don't like them.

The only thing I like about the Partner Mons are the modified stats. Partner Moves are......well, their names already are a letdown, to start.

Last edited:

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
As for Partner Pikachu and GMax I'm referencing the fact that if you have a LGP file in your Switch, you receive a GMax Pikachu, which kinda implies that they are the same Pikachu.
Implied, but the G-Pikachu you get still has Pikachu's normal stats. I wished they found a way to give Pikachu and Eevee their Partner stats, but atm this isn't the case.

And as for Partner Moves; sorry, but in my opinion, Partner Moves are a cop-out. I really don't like them.
Let me guess, the names? :blobnom:

Implied, but the G-Pikachu you get still has Pikachu's normal stats. I wished they found a way to give Pikachu and Eevee their Partner stats, but atm this isn't the case.

Let me guess, the names? :blobnom:
Instead of Zippy Zap, How about Volt Blitz? Instead of Splishy Splash, why not Volt Water? Instead of Floaty Fall, why not Volt Glide? Pikachu's signature moves have Volt in them, it wouldn't have been such a stretch to use that theme with the moves.

Something like this:

Volt Water (Pwr: 90, Acc: 100, Water) [Like Surf but 20% paralysis]
Volt Quake (Pwr: 90, Acc: 100, Ground) [Like EQ but 20% paralysis]
Volt Glide (Pwr: 90, Acc: 100, Flying) [1-turn Fly but 20% paralysis]
Volt Blitz (Pwr: 50, Acc: 100, Electric) [Always first, Always critical]

....See what I mean? And also, Pikachu could have used some more variety. Eevee's selection was overkill.

Last edited:

Brambane

protect the wetlands
is a Contributor Alumnus
trainercard-Brambane.png

I will try to make this post a little substantiated since I picked these Pokemon based on some degree of sentimental value. I went with Bug Catcher since that's pretty much what I do IRL and when I wasn't playing Pokemon as a kid I was probably catching bugs or some other critter outside. Johto badgeset since Pokemon Silver was the first game I actually owned.

Lugia is my favorite Pokemon. I remember seeing the movie in theaters and thinking it was just the absolute coolest Pokemon. For my birthday my mom ordered me a Lugia plush from Japan, it we were basically inseparable for two years. Then Lugia (the plush) got lost and I was utterly heartbroken until my little sister found it one night stashed away with some of her pre-school toys. I was so happy I cried and I stayed up all night playing with Lugia, and the next day my sister and I played with all of our Pokemon toys. I also spent days trying to catch Lugia in Silver since I saved in front of it with only a couple Great Balls and I was scared it would disappear if I left the area lmao.

Ekans was one of the Pokemon that got me interested writing for Smogon. I used it a fair bit in DPP LC and wanted to write its LC analysis. It was the first time I had ever written anything and looking back at the analysis now I think of how much better it could be, but I was super proud of it at the time and my love for the Pokemon has never changed since that moment.

Shiny Aurorus was a full odds encounter same day Crowned Tundra DLC dropped, and I used it on a team I made to get No. 1 ranking in BSS on cartridge for the first time. Tbh it didn't really do much on the team (Scolipede, Cresselia, and Mimikyu kind of carried) but it came out for a few games and was more like the team mascot. I love it to bits.

Celebi was a Pokemon I got with my mom and sister at the Pokemon Journey Across America 10th anniversary event. We traveled a couple hours to the King of Prussia Mall in Philadelphia so I could get my Celebi for my Pokemon Emerald Version. I eventually wanted to restart my Emerald Version, so I transferred it to Pearl when it came out and eventually uploaded it to Pokemon Ranch, where it still resides today in happy retirement.

I also got the first Pokemon Ranger game so I could get the Manaphy egg in Pokemon Pearl. I loved the Manaphy movie and thought it was a pretty cute Pokemon (although I recall liking Phione more). The only reason Manaphy really stands out to me in memory is my mom said she would only buy me Pokemon Ranger if I got a good report card. So I worked my butt off in school and made sure that I put in extra effort with all my assignments so I could get that Manaphy. The Manaphy has also retired to Pokemon Ranch.

Rampardos was the first Pokemon I ever EV trained. I watched a bunch of videos online of Pokemon Battle Revolution and I wanted to build myself a competitive team. The team I eventually made had a Focus Sash Rock Polish + Swords Dance Rampardos with Stone Edge and Earthquake. We didn't win that many battles unfortunately, but that Rampardos was also the first Pokemon I ever bothered to train to level 100. It probably didn't even have perfect IVs or anything, either. I just believed that Rampardos was so strong that we would win. This is eventually what would lead me to Smogon, alongside the Garchomp ban.

If there were a Johto DLC extension to the Pokemon: Let's Go series that allowed Kanto pokemon to evolve into their 2nd gen evolutions, then this would be my in-game party:

trainercard-Mikael (1B)[LGP2].png

Full starters team, because why not?

Pikachu: My Partner Pokemon. It's a Pikachu, one of the new duo of Kanto starters.
Espeon and Umbreon: My preferred Eeveelutions. They reference Eevee, one of the new duo of Kanto starters.
Venusaur, Charizard and Blastoise: The three original Kanto starters.

Last edited:

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Instead of Zippy Zap, How about Volt Blitz? Instead of Splishy Splash, why not Volt Water? Instead of Floaty Fall, why not Volt Glide? Pikachu's signature moves have Volt in them, it wouldn't have been such a stretch to use that theme with the moves.

Something like this:

Volt Water (Pwr: 90, Acc: 100, Water) [Like Surf but 20% paralysis]
Volt Quake (Pwr: 90, Acc: 100, Ground) [Like EQ but 20% paralysis]
Volt Glide (Pwr: 90, Acc: 100, Flying) [1-turn Fly but 20% paralysis]
Volt Blitz (Pwr: 50, Acc: 100, Electric) [Always first, Always critical]

....See what I mean? And also, Pikachu could have used some more variety. Eevee's selection was overkill.
Oh, I agree. Like I suggested renames for Partner Eevee's moves (forgot what they were, but instead of being silly alliterations I used the first part of their Eeveelution names like "Flare Dash", "Jolt Spike", "Vapor Bubble", "Esper Wave", "Umbra Ring", "Leaf Slap", "Glacier Frost", & "Sylph Spell").

I don't remember what I renamed Partner Pikachu's moves to though they weren't all "Volt Something", if I were to give them new moves now would be "Lightning Zap", "Thunder Soar", and "Surge Surf".

I also agree Partner Pikachu should have gotten some more moves. Not sure about a Ground-type move, but I could see a Normal, Fighting, Steel, Dark, and maybe a Fairy if they want to push it. Also give them more various effects than paralysis, like Fighting increases Accuracy, Steel increases Defense, Dark increases Evasion, Fairy increases Special Defense, etc..

This T-Card maker is too much fun. Here are some champion T-Cards I made. Since I'm in my phone right now, I'll edit my explanations in later.

EDIT: Right, for the explanations

trainercard-Red.png
trainercard-Blue.png
trainercard-Green.png

The OG Protagonists. The Strongest Three. The Battle Legends themselves. I'm pretty sure you can already see the pattern in these three but I will explain nonetheless. Their first Pokemon is their Partner Pokemon (Don't you dare tell me Clefairy doesn't deserve her own LG Version). Second and Third Pokemon are filler team members and the last 3 are the Original Three Kanto Starters. The difference is, the last slot is for their Mega Capable Pokemon, and it varies according to the trainer, befitting their color version name. Oh, and to clarify, Red's Charizard Mega Evolves into its X form.

trainercard-Lance(2).png

It's Lance. I gave him Shiny Gyarados and Shiny Haxorus, because let's be honest; he would definitely end up getting them. The three Dragonites are because it would not be Lance otherwise. And Charizard is his Mega Capable Pokemon and it Mega Evolves into its X form.

trainercard-Ethan(1).png
trainercard-Kris.png
trainercard-Lyra(1).png
trainercard-Silver(1).png

Let's be real here, these are definitely the succesors of Lance. The main protagonists of the GSC games. Like their predecesors; Ethan, Kris and Lyra possess all three Original Johto Starters as the last three slots and a Partner Pokemon as their first slot. However, unlike their predecesors, they also Possess a Legendary in their Third Slot and a Togekiss in their second slot. As for their Last Slot Starter, they would be their potential Mega Capable Pokemon if a Mega Evolution of the Johto Starters were to come out.

And then there's Silver. After finally understanding that strength must be accompanied with compassion, he has had made leaps and bounds on his progress. Enough to actually defeat Lance and attain the Champion title. That said; he cares not for the title so much as having a tangible proof that he is growing stronger, so he leaves Lance as the official champion.

trainercard-Steven (1).png

Is that a Shiny Metagross!? Why yes, yes it is. It's also Mega Capable. I don't think I need to explain why I gave him a Shiny Metagross, right?

trainercard-Wallace.png

Do not mistake grace and elegance for weakness. Wallace's Water Types also happen to pack one heck of a wallop. Swampert is his Mega Capable Pokemon.

trainercard-Brendan.png
trainercard-May.png
trainercard-Wally.png

The arrangement of these three is a bit different than their Protagonist predecessors, so I'll break it down per character.

Brendan has Plusle as his Partner Pokemon and both Latios and Rayquaza (Brendan is canonically the Player Character) as his Legendary Pokemon. His semi-final slot is for his Sceptile, which is Mega Capable. The rest of the team are filler Pokemon members. He does look like he prefers Grass-Types, huh? A Grass-Type Champion is not something you see every day.

May for her part, proves that being the Professor's daughter (Game continuity here) comes with its perks. She has Minun as her Partner Pokemon, Latias as her Legendary Pokemon and all three Original Hoenn Starters as her last 3 slots, with Wigglytuff filling the last slot. Marshtomp is her Mega Capable Pokemon. She has the most well-rounded team out of all the protagonists with a wide coverage of 10 types.

Wally has come a long way from his frail and humble beginnings (that sprite looks too old for him, in my opinion). With Ralts as his starter, it has now become his trustworthy, and Mega Capable, Gallade. He also has a Gardevoir and an Alakazam on his team, might he be partial towards Psychic-Types due to his Starter Pokemon? Who knows? Filling the rest of his team slot are his Altaria, Roserade and Magnezone.

trainercard-Cynthia.png

It's Cynthia. Honestly, her team was already stacked as it was, with a whopping coverage of 11 types. And also, it's Cynthia, so of course her Garchomp is Mega Capable.

trainercard-Dawn.png
trainercard-Lucas.png
trainercard-Barry.png

Again, three protagonists; this time from Sinnoh. Their teams have similarities but also notable differences as I'll explain below.

Dawn has two legendaries like Brendan, since she is, canonically, the Player Character and thus, she gets Giratina and as the Player Character she is also the Bearer of Emotion. Buneary is her Partner Pokemon and Torterra is, should a Mega Evolution be made for it, her designated Mega Capable Pokemon. She is the one Cynthia talks about during B2W2 when you fight her.

Lucas is a Professor's Assistant and well noted to be a voracious bookworm, and accordingly he gets to be the Bearer of Knowledge. His Partner Pokemon is a Riolu and, once again, being close to a Professor has its perks. He possesses all three Original Sinnoh Starters and Infernape is, should a Mega Evolution be made for it, his designated Mega Capable Pokemon.

Barry is the son of a Frontier Brain, and possesses all the amazing talent and potential at Pokemon training and battling that it implies. Do not let his spazzy and clumsy nature fool you, this guy's strength of character and mental fortitude is second to none; which is why he was chosen as the Bearer of Willpower. His team is composed of some serious heavy hitters of varied types in order to take on any challenge. Empoleon is, should a Mega Evolution be made for it, his designated Mega Capable Pokemon. Once again, do not let his demeanour fool you; his battle prowess is noted to be on par with the three Battle Legends themselves.

trainercard-Alder.png

It's Alder with an improved team. Shiny Dragonite and Shiny Garchomp reference a certain event after completing the B2W2 post-game. The rest of his team, however, remains the same. Don't expect an easy battle this time.

trainercard-Iris (1).png

Two Haxorus and Two Pseudo-Legendaries make Iris a formidable presence. Her Excadrill will also be a rude awakening for those who think they can simply sweep her off with an Ice or Fairy.

Last edited:
Since there's a few for gym leaders and champions going on, might as well add a set for evil team leaders:
1624970631385.png
1624971696001.png

I was never a fan of classic Giovanni using Mewtwo, it didn't fit his original down-to-earth (pardon the pun) style and feels like an import from the anime. It works better for rainbow rocket Giovanni since he's more over-the-top there. Rather than a specific gimmick team style, I gave him access to all three of the power boost mechanics. While not a ground-type GMax user, Coalossal fits his usual aesthetic of kaiju-like mons more than sandaconda.

1624972731360.png

I really didn't have much to go off of for Archer. He only really has houndoom as a standout, and I'm going to be using sun elsewhere. I just gave him a sinister-looking FWG core and a bunch of evolutions of johto mons.
1624973736469.png
1624974325622.png

Site apparently doesn't have sprites for archie and maxie, so here's sailor and miner instead. Pretty normal rain/sun teams. Chose not to include the main legend.
1624974840052.png

Let myself legend spam a bit, since Cyrus had control of these in-story. Other teammates are to fill out type matchups while still being partially thematic (debated using his canon honchkrow over mandibuzz)
1624975979059.png
1624976423999.png

In addition to his signature Hydreigon, I built Ghetsis-1 to topple champions. Fire and grass for most of red, steven, wallace and incidental mons on others, Ice for lance and cynthia's dragons, aegislash to stuff diantha, and rock to beat the excessive number of charizards. Also kept with mons that were at some point OU or above. As for the second team, it's just good old fashioned 5drag2mag hyper offense (no, that's not a typo).
1624977159080.png

Actually prepared to fight the title legend, with a dedicated special wall and two mons that resist both aura-boosted STABs. Also uses three megas, because why not?
1624977602780.png

Mono-bug ft. golisopod and mega pinsir.

1624982542361.png

I made sure that each of lusamine's mons main STAB fit into the Beauty contest category, that way they were closer to the only objective standard of beauty pokemon has. Milotic has hydro pump, typhlosion has eruption, Serperior has Leaf Storm, Ninetales has Blizzard and Moonblast, Palossand has Earth Power, Nihilego has Power Gem.

1624983664992.png

Faba makes the list for being the team's representation in rainbow rocket. Gets a doubles-oriented team since he's fought in a multi battle. Unfortunately I'm really unfamiliar with doubles. Tried to go for a psychic terrain setup here.

Not doing Swsh as I don't have any experience with the trainers therein. So here's a bonus section instead.
1624995194311.png

As a reference to other gen 3 teams and a canon tyranitar ace, I went with a full sand team here. Includes both of the abominations of science that have sand rush. Slowking is there as coverage, and was in the original team as well

1624997691247.png

Greevil's original team was minor legend spam with a side of RGB OU. I was going to use the galarian brids but the website doesn't have them ready yet. So I went with the three confirmed fighting machines instead. Went with a different set of classic OU mons.

trainercard-King Feral.png

I guess here's something? Started the series in Johto, so I just gave myself the badges from there. Background is what it is because Gatr is my favorite Mon (groundbreaking info, I know). Rocket Grunt because Team Rocket is arguably my favorite canon evil team when it comes down to it and I tend to focus on evil teams in my Pokemon works.

As for the Pokemans:
Feraligatr: Favorite Pokemon --- it has to be here.
Mamoswine: Have fun with it in HeartGold and it has a nice typing. One of my other favorite Pokemon.
Magmortar: A member of my HG team.
Ampharos: Another member of my HG team.
Swampert: Served me well in the Gen 3 era.
Krookodile: Had a Moxie Krookodile in Black that I liked using.

Honestly, picking Mons outside of Gatr and Mamo could have gone many ways. I could've been unoriginal and picked Legendaries I liked. I could have picked Grovyle for PMD2. Etc.

Last edited:
1628956453560.png

I love making trainer cards and coming up with my own Dream teams if I were a trainer in the Pokemon world. Only problem with me is that it changes constantly. This card could be outdated by tomorrow, but I think I've got a good one here. The only Pokemon I've actually used in a playthrough here though is Gengar, although I do have a copy of ORAS I need to get started on, in which I'll definitely use Sceptile and Gardevoir.

Reasons why I chose the ones I did:

Sceptile: It has a really strong design and it just looks like a partner you'd want. He's chill and badass, he even grows trees in the forest. And while he's less than average competitively, it doesn't really matter in the context of the Pokemon world, since Ash's Sceptile took out a fucking Darkrai. My favorite Pokemon.

Dragonite: My second favorite Pokemon and former favorite for a while. I like Dragonite for one simple reason: It's adorable. Ash's Dragonite is one of the reasons I love it.

Emboar: For a while Infernape was my favorite Fire starter and easily my favorite of the Fire/Fighting starters. I liked Emboar more than Blaziken but that was more of a case of me disliking Blaziken rather than liking Emboar. But recently, after looking at it's design a bit more, I've fallen in love with Emboar. It's just so cool. It just exudes pure power and strength, and I love the colors it has.

Gengar: He's just a sneaky little dude. I wasn't big on it that much however until (again) I saw Ash's Gengar, and I really like it's personality there. I like how despite being a prankster he is really loyal towards it's trainer, and I'd like to imagine mine would like to pull pranks on me but hates when others do it instead of him.

Gardevoir: It's a very pretty and strong design. One thing I like to imagine is that it was raised from an egg by my Gengar and as such has a bit of that tricky personality.

Dracovish: At first I hated this thing but after seeing (yet again) Ash's, I fell in love. It's an abomination, but it's an adorable one. Probably the hottest take I have regarding Pokemon: Dracovish is adorable.

Shout out to Greninja who definitely would be here if my brain could actually process it's design better...there's a reason Gengar is one of my favorites, it's just a purple sphere with eyes and a mouth.

Some other Pokemon I really like that could find a spot here in the future: Serperior, Garchomp, or Blaziken if I can figure out if I like it or despise it lmao.

Daylight

angels roll their eyes
is an Artistis a Contributor to Smogon
1629178966263.png

Every Pokémon adventure I play through features some variation of this team. These six ‘mons really encapsulate who I am and what I love with regard to Pokémon.
Milotic is probably my favorite Pokémon of all time. I love their beauty and rarity. Way back when, on Sapphire & Colossum I named mine Apollo for the god of light and art and music. Seeing how majestic he looked animated in Pokémon Colosseum & XD as a child really cemented Milotic as an all-time favorite.

Espeon is similar in the sense it’s another one of my all-time faves and it’s probably because Pokémon Colloseum and XD made such a lasting impression on me and, of course, Espeon is a pretty big part of those games. I typically name mine Feldspar nowadays after the gemstone we typically call sunstone. (I have a few pieces of sunstone jewelry that are very special to me.)

(You might notice a theme here… I like solar motifs.)

Speaking of solar motifs, Ninetales is another fave I encountered back in gen 3. I remember being really happy both when they got drought in gen 5 as well as when they got an icy Hawaiian makeover lol. I usually call her Aurelia (“golden”)—or Aurum (also “golden” or “glowing dawn”) if he’s male.

Gardevoir & Altaria are two more gen 3 faves and Gardevoir in particular I have very fond memories of—basically as being my starter in Pokémon Sapphire and pretty much any game they’re available in thereafter. I always call mine Rafiel for the angel of healing.

I have similar memories of Altaria too! Anytime they were was available I was flying through that region on an Altaria. I also always thought it was such a cool and serendipitous coincidence that I was born on the 333rd day of the year and that Swablu’s Pokédex number is 333! I like to call mine Cornelia or Felix or whatever happy and lucky name I feel fits :)

Also speaking of cool numerological serendipities, I love that another one of my faves Galarian Ponyta is also #333 in the Galar dex. I’ve always loved unicorns and so of course I love Rapidash & Ponyta—in both their forms. Regardless of form though I always like to call mine Lukas whenever I meet him. It just fits.

As for the number… 333 is obvious. 1989 is the masterpiece that is Taylor Swift’s pop rebirth. And 1998 is my birth year and an anagram of the previous number. And the badges are because I’m most recently playing through White 2 with this exact team actually lol.

Also this would be my team if I were a champion/leader/character in-game, with a light/solar/dawn theme as my flavor gimmick and some kind of healing+setup theme as my mechanical gimmick. For example, Coil + Recover + Scald Milotic, Morning Sun on Espeon and Rapidash, Calm Mind on Espeon and Gardevoir, and either Dragon Dance + Roost or Perish Song + Fire Spin + Roost on Altaria. And the team order would probably be something more like this… Ninetales as lead, Milotic as the ace. Gardevoir would be the mega-capable ’mon here unless Milotic gets one someday.

1629185458749.png

Last edited:
1634617862842.png

Put together the team I'm using in my current run of Heartgold (just got to Blackthorn so no badge for that yet).

- Meganium (Basil) was the starter; Chikorita is my favorite starter line and was my starter when I played this game back in 2010
- Picked up Golem (Dwayne) first to handle Bugsy and Falkner (Rock Polish + Rollout is fun)
- Spent forever trying to fish up Tentacruel (Titania) with an Old Rod, but eventually got one outside of Violet City
- Togetic (Omelette) is mostly here for Fly and moral support, but is very good at both of those things
- Espeon (Simon) came from Bill (first friendship Eevee-lution outside of XD woot), and is here for all the ground-immune poison-types Team Rocket uses which I failed to consider
- Picked up Heracross (Toby) outside Ice Cave from Heatbutt trees; more of a good-stuff tank that also dunks on Karen's Umbreon

Not shown is Stantler (Rudy) who was clutch for Morty but otherwise felt like an Exp. sink and ultimately was replaced by Heracross (who is a similar exp sink but at least is more useful). Having a lot of fun replaying this time, granted keeping everyone reasonably leveled is a bit of a pain haha.

bdt2002

Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs superfan
is a Pre-Contributor
I remade two of my cards and have some explanations set up. One team is my unofficial dream team composed of some of my all time favorite Pokémon. The other is... self explanatory.

30B24573-5468-4E05-8544-DC7882681983_4_5005_c.jpeg

(Team 1: HGSS Edition)

D5944DE0-6A46-4D6F-B12A-32E1A622631E_4_5005_c.jpeg

(Team 2: "Guardian SIgns" Edition)

Feraligatr: Has consistently been one of, if not my favorite Pokémon of all time. I absolutely loved using it in SoulSilver back in the day. I once made it all the way through the game with just this thing and whatever HM users I would have had, it's been so long I can't remember.

Crobat: I've instituted a new rule that I want to use at least one Poison-Type on every future in-game team I make for the foreseeable future thanks to the incredible Poison Shiny events of 2019. Crobat serves as this team's flyer, counter to Bugsy and one of three Bruno counters, and a callback to what is now the holy grail of my small collection of Shinies.

Ampharos: The textboox definition of reliable, Ampharos makes the cut as a mandatory counter to some of Clair and Lance's Pokémon, and to my surprise half of Will's team also. Not much to say here except the Ampharos in the lighthouse is memorable enough to where I always name my own "Amphy" in its honor.

Heracross: My main counter to Whitney, Jasmine, and Pryce, Heracross has always been one of the best single-stage Pokémon in history. Love its design, love its battle style, and love its great role compression on my team. Bug/Fighting is such an underrated offensive typing, and Heracross has the tools to make it work.

Dragonite: Very memorable for me because of Lance and a few other sources, and a borderline necessary addition to my team for the battle with Clair. Excellent wild-card Pokémon with a wide movepool that I'd love to try and raise some time. I also like how there's different ways to obtain a Dratini.

Espeon: This one's one here for two reasons and two reasons alone. Reason 1? I need a counter to the ridiculous amount of Poison-Types in this game. Reason 2? Because it's Espeon. I've talked about this before, people.

Pichu: Believe it or not, Pichu may actually be in contention with Feraligatr for my favorite Pokémon of all time. No prizes for guessing where I got my love for it from, but it's also in Smash Bros. Ultimate and ABSOLUTELY should have had the ukulele included in there somewhere...

Staraptor: The main flyer of that series as of the second game, and his partner if you play as the female character. Not much else to say here aside from how stupid this thing can be in a Sinnoh playthrough.

That leaves the four Legendaries, who are all involved a feature known as Ranger Signs and help the player travel around the region. The Lati Twin you get depends on your gender choice. ORAS may or may not have accidentally referenced the Lati@s part of this with the Soaring feature, one of my favorite additions to that game as a whole for this reason...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)