Pending Make the in-battle button that switches to chat bigger

So I play showdown a lot with the browser window size decreased which forces the in-battle chat behind a button. The thing is, this button is very small and is a minor inconvenience to click, especially since I want to see the chat very frequently. Originally, I was gonna ask if a button on the mouse could be used to switch to it, but I realized that that is probably to complicated. Instead could the button be made bigger, ideally using this space I drew around in red

Screenshot 2024-01-03 010449.png

This space isn't being used for anything and it would be nice if it had a better purpose. The only problem I could see this cause is taking up the space for mons in customs battles with more then 6 mons. But this can be easily fixed by the button reverting back to its current state if the site the detects a battle with either player having more then 6 mons.

I know this is a very minor thing but it would be pretty nice to have, thanks.

(Also, this would help in the mobile version where chat is always beyond the button, but I never play the mobile version so this post isn't about it)

Last edited:
4-player battles already use this spot too, for the record, and they're probably one of the formats in which people use the battle chat the most.
Your right, I totally forgot about those. But just like battles with players using more then 6 mons, it can just revert back to its current state for them. And the vast majority of battles on the site are 2 player 6v6. I don't thinks its fair to stop a positive change just cause it doesn't apply to like 1% of battles. Besides, its not like they would lose anything from this change.

Felucia

Robot Empress
is a Forum Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
I would say there's merit to this suggestion for a different reason than OP mentioned. This button will primarily be visible to and used by mobile users, who do not have the screen space to display chat. For these users, it's important to note that the most comfortable space to reach is at the bottom of their screen as that's how most people operate a smartphone. With that in mind, for users who want to frequently switch between chat and battle controls this is indeed a huge upgrade. Personally, I don't know about making the button larger as the interface might feel cluttered if we take that avenue, but I would move it somewhere in the same area as the timer button (probably next to it), or to the location OP suggested.

4-player battles already use this spot too, for the record, and they're probably one of the formats in which people use the battle chat the most.
removing the chat button at the top of the battle screen frees up enough space to move all players up far enough to make room for a chat button to go on the bottom, so I don't think you need to worry about this. I don't believe that space is used for anything else

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)