SV OU Maid for hire? A setup sweep HO ft. a dumb Kingambit set.

Am I insane to run kingambit without priority or SD?

• Total voters
So I swear that every single ban gets rid of a key element of one of my teams. *sigh*. Well, after having to make new teams twice, I finally found one I liked. And it is centered around these two guys:
:azumarill: :breloom:

:azumarill:
Azumarill is one of my favorite pokemon, and I am glad to see it rising in usage. The initial idea of this team was to just hard counter Walking Wake, because I could not see it getting banned. Assault Vest Azumarill perfectly countered Wake in every way.
:breloom:
Breloom is a a mon I have never used. I’m a sash/spore kind of guy to shut down setup sweepers and reverse sweep them while they demo the long awaited Pokemon Sleep.
:glimmora:
Next I added glimmora. No, not for hazards, for BLOOD! Glimmora’s 135 special attack and not horrible speed tier makes a great surprise attacker. I was initially running rock polish for some reason, but I changed it to energy ball.
:great tusk:
Then I added this mammoth boi. Great tusk is a lot like Lando-T. It’s REALLY freaking good, but not good enough to be banned. Great tusk is important hazard removal for the team, and a check for that stupid golden cheese stick that my team struggles with.
:iron valiant:
Iron valiant is a mon that I simply love using. Absolutely creaming on dragapult never gets old. Booster energy puts in a speed tier rivaling that of regieleki (tera ice eleki is coming please help). I was initially special valiant bcuz spirit break is cringe and moonblast is based. However, I figured that SD valiant would be so fast and strong it would be like if dragapult got NP and could rip through teams and clean up the messes.
:kingambit:
Kingambit is cool, face it. It’s great bulk, great offensive pressure, MU vs gholdengo, access to priority, and setup power is undeniable. But what if I told you…

I run a Kingambit set without swords dance…

And without sucker punch…

SUBSTITUTE KINGAMBIT!
I use other pokemon like glimmora and valiant to bait in gholdengo. Then, I switch to kingambit, and eat a make it rain or shadow ball like it is a churro. Finally, click substitute when ghold switches out. Free chip damage on whatever comes in.

Rabubble (Azumarill) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 240 SpD / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Ice Spinner
Belly Drum is here for da SWEEP! Aqua Jet for priority, Play Rough for STAB, Ice Spinner for the grass gang. EV spreads are trained specially to outspeed 8 speed kingambits and be as specially bulky as possible for walking wake and gholdengo.

Galladavoir (Iron Valiant) @ Booster Energy
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spirit Break
- Knock Off
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
I’m running a zoom zoom fast physical setup set with the obvious STAB moves and SD. For the fourth move, I went with Tera Dark knock off for pex, ghold, and psychics and things.

bruh loom (Breloom) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Spore
- Swords Dance
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed

Breloom Sash/Spore shuts down any mon it wants. Getting swept? Sash/Spore. Large offensive threat? Sash/Spore. I tried running bulldoze over mach punch so I don’t get walled by gholdengo, but lack of priority when how slow breloom is sucks. Put em to sleep, then you sweep.

their grrrreat (Great Tusk) @ Booster Energy
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 Spe
Impish Nature
- Bulk Up
- Body Press
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake

Tusk is another gholdengo check, setup sweeper, hazard remover, and physical tank. Most bulky tusk run lefties, but I prefer booster energy for immediate staying power. The moveset is self explanatory: STABs, setup, rapid spin. Without knock though, it is walled by air balloon ghold, but spin is more valuable to me. Tusk’s goals are either to KO gholdengo, sweep, or remove hazards to keep sash on breloom.

persona 5 (Glimmora) @ Life Orb
Ability: Toxic Debris
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Energy Ball
- Power Gem
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power

Life Orb on glimmora? Is that more or less questionable then when I run assault vest on hatterene? LO glimm always picks up surprise kos. Rock types actually shred through common meta threats like Torkoal, Pelipper, Volc, Dnite, and LO power gem does about 70% to non SpDef corv. Glimm is fast enough (why I dropped rock polish), and I like the flexibility of no specs. Tera grass is a must, and glimm is one of my most tera’d mons. It 2HKOs clod with earth power after lefties, and can live a great tusk EQ with tera, forcing them to choose between removing tspikes and koing glimm. Valiant can revenge kill tusk preventing spin. (Also, it is named persona five because nobody ever sees LO glimm comin.)

checkmate (Kingambit) @ Leftovers
Ability: Supreme Overlord
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Kowtow Cleave
- Low Kick
- Substitute

Chess fact about me. My favorite openings are the Queens Gambit, Four Knights Game, and the Scandinavian. As stated previously, sub gambit gets free chip on mons, whilst with it’s crap speed, you can’t guarantee that from SD’ing on a switch, Iron head and kowtow cleave is standard. I dropped SD for low kick, because nobody in their right mind runs low kick gambit, which baits in other gambits to safely break my sub. Then, a low kick (its 100 bp on gambit.) murders them to shreds. Gambit’s jobs are to force ghold out, bait and kill other gambits, and be a safe switch in for ghold.

THREATS:
:gholdengo: :gholdengo: :gholdengo:
Specifically scarf or focus blast gholds can beat gambit. Ghold’s typing in it of itself stops breloom and valiant sweeps.
:armarouge: :armarouge: :armarouge:
Tera grass weak armor weakness policy armarouge is tough. If it’s not tera grass, than azu can aqua jet it. If it is, I have limited counterplay.

pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/508a534dbe3003c5

also it’s called maid for hire because it’s centered around sweeping !

have a nice day!

also, spinda is the best pokemon!

Last edited:
Great team, however to improve your matchups against those said Pokemon would be really hard as all of those pokemon contribute to the lack of counterplay opponents have. Maybe a good fire type would be good. You could try the Tera Bug Bulk Up Taunt set, but it would be up to you who you get rid of. Have a great day!

Hi there! I'll give the team a quick rate

1. :Great tusk:'s EVs I feel needs a change

Great Tusk @ Leftovers
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Body Press
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin

This means it outspeeds gren after a spin, while still maintaining some bulk. You can run some defense EVs instead of ato for a stronger BP, but it's still pretty strong. Water let's you beat ice types (:Baxcalibur:) and waters (:greninja: and kinda :rotom wash:, and too many others).

2. :Glimmora: :life orb: to :choice scarf:

BE on :iron valiant: isn't the most reliable speed control, and with choice scarf you can still keep the offensive set hidden until you need it.

3. :Kingambit: set YO WTF IS THIS

I agree with the five other people who said yes, this is crazy. Change it to the standard set. Something like this:

Kingambit @ Leftovers
Ability: Defiant
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 112 HP / 252 Atk / 144 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Kowtow Cleave
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

Trust me you'll want priority on a sweeper like gambit. Forgive me everyone if I got the speed evs and nature wrong, feel free to correct me, for weewoomaster's sake.

That's the main things I've got to say, I hope this helps

Good bye:woop:

Baloor

Tigers Management
is a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a defending SPL Champion
PUPL Champion
hi, i saw some people above taking cracks at this team and i wanna add some suggestions to the mix. personally i feel this team is a bit difficult to rate because its built on the foundation of being more "anti meta" but i'm going to give some suggestions and you can mix and match with the ones above if you feel like it. im going to take this in a more standardized approach for the sake of the rate being coherent.

:glimmora: troll set -> double hazard setter
i really dislike teams without hazards rn because gen9 is def a meta where hazard value means a lot. im adding the generic setter set with ghost tera to block rapid spin etc....

:great-tusk: -> :roaring-moon:
the main problem with this team is the lack of speed control. while you do have a booster energy valiant you can run into some issues where you are forced to switch then your fastest mon is base valiant, which is okay but not enough. I figured if i was going to swap somebody out it would be tusk, due to spinners and ground types not being all that necessary on HO. roaring moon gives you a strong fast sweeper which is an additional ghold "check". Check is in quotations because it only switches in on sball but the set i'm giving up takes advantage of ghold. I'm suggesting you use sub moon as it lets you sub in front of ghold as no sane player will be staying in. This lets you take advantage of ghold and make progress versus their team by punishing them. the typing is also very nice defensively, being able to tera fly into a ground immune and fixes the armourage weakness are all beneficial for the team.

:azumarill: spread changes + add encore
i'd suggest changing up the ev spreads to be more consistent. i'd either run max hp/spe + max atk or im going to give you a spread with some speed investment that lets you encore some bulkier mons / slower wincons, ill admit i forgot what the speed benchmark is for but i havent been slower than anything i needed to be faster than.

:breloom: slight set change
honestly I dont find sash loom that consistent at all esp since glimm is poor removal so i'm opting for loaded dice in this rate. im also going for rock tomb tera rock > sd because loom never gets free turns to sd in this meta so its kind of pointless. tera rock can resist things like acrobatics from moon so you dont auto fold to it.

:iron-valiant: physical -> special
this team has a lot of physical hitters so i'm changing this just to give you an option on the special side. i decided on 3atks + taunt tera ghost here since the team is a little fat weak. while you have some options for fat I wouldn't consider the mu amazing and this helps with that. tera ghost lets you be immune to spin and espeed which is awesome for this team.

:kingambit: set changes
the novelty of sub is fun but i like stuff thats a bit more consistent on ho so im suggesting that you change kingambit to tera fairy tera blast. this set is amazing late game and can lure some stuff we might be weak to such as drei, ting lu, valiant and moon, also can give us another way to "troll" dnite as he is kind of a threat. I like lum berry on offense teams to eat a status and get some momentum in return, which can also be nice in the fat mu.

misc

:great-tusk::glimmora::breloom:
if you are super against removing your ground you can always remove glimmora instead of tusk. i feel the spikes are super nice for the team but i understand the need for some players to always run a ground no matter the playstyle. in this case i'd run THIS set which is equally effective as a lead for just rocks while also being a way more consistent spinner. if you dont know, eject pack will switch you out after any stat drop. if you decide to take this approach you can go sash breloom again if you feel like it, your original set is probably fine, my set with sash is also equally effectively, sd is still give or take. tera fire is also a option for loom in general.

hope this can give you some ideas into finding the perfect team for you
:glimmora::roaring-moon::azumarill::breloom::iron-valiant::kingambit:https://pokepast.es/383b1d5bbe3c3905
:great-tusk::roaring-moon::azumarill::breloom::iron-valiant::kingambit:https://pokepast.es/a36d61254e5b9cd9

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)