move 4: Flash Cannon
item: Leftovers
ability: Magnet Pull
nature: Modest
evs: 40 HP / 252 SpA / 216 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>
  • Substitute allows for scouting
  • Thunderbolt is standard STAB move and deals huge damage to water and flying types
  • Flash cannon is to beat down tyranitar
  • HP fire beats ferrothorn who overwise stops this set cold, HP ice is to kill dragons.
  • Leftovers allow magnezone to gain back lost substitute health
</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>
  • Speed beats adamant 252 scizor and all other defensive steel types
  • Thunder should be used over thunderbolt if you are running a rain team
  • HP fighting can be used to beat ferrothorn even in the rain and deal heavy damage to rock types
  • If hp fighting is used charge beam can replace flash cannon
  • An ev spread of 148 HP / 252 SpA / 108 Spe can be used to beat slow skarmory variants.
  • This set has issues with Raikou so special walls like Blissy or strong ground types such as choice scarf Garchomp make good teammates
</p>

[SET]
name: Choice
move 1: Thunderbolt
move 2: Volt Switch
move 3: Flash Cannon
move 4: Hidden Power Fire / Hidden Power Ice
item: Choice Specs
nature: Timid / Modest
evs: 40 HP / 252 SpA / 216 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>
  • Fantastic wallbreaker
  • Good team player as it removes steels stopping a teammates sweep
  • Can switch in and out easily with many resistances and weakness to only one entry hazard.
</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p></p>

[Other Options]

<p></p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p></p>

will do the rest later

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
I find Magnezone a little questionable in Dream World simply because many things such as Skarmory and Ferrothorn are running Shed Shell anyway, plus Chandelure can trap anything with Shadow Tag and not just Steels. Has anyone used this to success?

I used it to some relative success and magnezone was a vital part of my team, however I mainly used it as a special nuke rather than a steel trapper, that was an added bonus.
I feel it has a good use on teams requiring a trapper not weak to SR or a rain trapper and unlike Chandelure it has good bulk and can capitalize on its good typing where as Chandelure is held back by its typing.

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Exactly, and Magnezone's attacks also aren't reall hindered by rain and it doesn't take sandstorm damage, making it the preferred option on some kinds of team.

Anyway, the Qwaz, some formatting things. You don't need to put IVs unless they are different from the ones PO's teambuilder automatically sets. Also, the stat abbreviations are HP, Atk, Def, SpA, SpD, and Spe, so you don't need all caps. Next, make sure you have spaces on both sides of the slash ie a / b not a/ b. Lastly, make sure everything that needs to be capitalized is: Magnet Pull, for example.

Celestavian

Smooth
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
For the first set's EV spread, 40 HP / 252 SpA / 216 Spe and Timid outruns Adamant 252 Scizor, but that's really rare and more of a Wifi OU kind of thing. 148 HP / 252 SpA / 108 Spe outruns no Speed Skarmory, the next slowest Steel-type on the DW speed tiers list.

Uh your spacing is wrong but don't worry ima help you out :)

[Overview]

<p></p>

[SET]
name: Substitute
move 1: Substitute
move 2: Thunderbolt
move 3: Hidden Power Fire / Hidden Power Ice
move 4: Flash Cannon
item: Leftovers
nature: Modest
evs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe (someone will help you out with these)

[SET COMMENTS]

<p></p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p></p>

[SET]
name: Choice
move 1: Thunderbolt
move 2: Volt Switch
move 3: Flash Cannon
move 4: Hidden Power Fire / Hidden Power Ice
item: Choice Specs / Choice scarf
nature: Timid / Modest
evs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p></p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p></p>

[Other Options]

<p></p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p></p>

uh I suggest make Choice Scarf and Choice Specs different sets with Scarf<Specs and a bulkier Specs EV spread! Generally, you keep the mention of using Thunder on a rain team in the AC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)