Mafia II: Opinions?

I rented it for a week, and to be quite honest...it could've been much better.

First off, the story mode is too damn short. I beat it without without too much difficulty, and enjoyed it immensely. If they had made it maybe 10 chapters longer (each "mission" is a chapter, usually performed in one day, but spanning over a longer period of time), I would honestly be able to call it one of my favs. The weapons bring the 60's vibe they tried so hard to emphasize (the cars would be a great example) and the graphics look really nice. I was playing on a 10 year old TV that was abandoned, and I still saw the detail they put into a lot of key objects.

Unfortunately, it doesn;t offer much extra options, in the form of free roaming (GTA is a prime example) and you will find some of the later chapters just as filler. remembering all of the crime families and key characters might confuse you, too. I sure as hell had a hard time trying to remember characters after disappearing for several chapters, like Henry. They'd just reappear out of nowhere, also pointing out that filler part I mentioned.

Anyways, my little rant of text for you. It's worth renting for a few days, but still didn't completely do it for me. Opinions and whatnot, etc.

~Wooperz

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)