Lure That Threat [That's All, Folks! (Paused For BSPL)]

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
NOVED's Lele

I really like the idea of Sub P2 and was going to nominate it myself, but I was going to do something like SubToxic + Shadow Ball / Foul Play / HP Ground or something. I dunno how I feel about non Toxic P2...

Lele is sick though, Ghostium Z is really cool.

Darkinium

the mighty nuaguunibi
Congratulations to NOVED for winning with SubCM Ghostium Z Tapu Lele! Your submission will be logged into the archive!

Gengar @ Gengarite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Perish Song
- Protect
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball / Sludge Bomb​

Submit by Thursday! Good luck!​

Reserving Blissey

Blissey (F) @ Shed Shell
Ability: Natural Cure
Level: 50
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Shadow Ball
- Ice Beam/Flamethrower
- Soft-Boiled

Gengar is often tempted to switch in due to Blissey's Passive Nature, but with Shed Shell Blissey can easily escape! Unlike Chansey, Blissey can win 1v1 thanks to Calm Mind.

Last edited:
A silly set I thought of.

Mega Gar can pretty much trap most typical Zapdos unless you get the para on discharge and then full paras. My set kinda combines thunderbirb with mcdonalds and phases stuff around, thereby nullifying what Mega Gar can bring to the table. Since it is just phased out the turn after perish song and gets off a protect and leaves with less HP or if you are a savage you can let gengar sub also :P. Enough speed there to outspeed adamant loom, you can up the speed I guess to 134 if you want to outspeed jolly. The current EVs make it so that you aren't 2hkoed by Gengar unless you get spdef drops with shadow ball and you 3HKO with discharge. If you were real heat, you'd have psychinium-z extrasensory but I'm not that good at this game. Also incidentally, it prevents being phased by hippo, one of the banes of zapdos's existence by having a faster whirlwind.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 4 SpA / 228 SpD / 20 Spe
Calm Nature
- Roar
- Roost
- Discharge/Volt Switch
- Heat Wave

I will put in spoilers and won't nom it because it's not mine, but I saw this interesting Aegislash set on a japanese team that is designed to beat opposing ghosts:

Aegislash @ Kasib Berry
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword
- King's Shield

Last edited:

Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Leech Seed
- Hidden Power [Fire] / Synthesis
- Earthquake

Mega Gengar struggles to find a way to safely undergo Mega Evolution due to its frailty, and Mega Venusaur is one of the targets it tends to consider as a fodder for such business. Earthquake mvenu is also handy against Heatran as well.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Kartana @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Tailwind
- Leaf Blade
- Psycho Cut / Night Slash
- Sacred Sword / Swords Dance

Z Tailwind as the Gengar comes in, bop it with a super effective crit. The bulk allows you to live a Shadow Ball from offensive Gengar if you find yourself without Tailwind up, also handy for setting up infront of things like Koko (lives specs / good chance to live Z, OHKOes with crit Leaf Blade).
252 Atk Kartana Night Slash vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Mega Gengar on a critical hit: 184-218 (110.1 - 130.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Mega Gengar Shadow Ball vs. 4 HP / 252+ SpD Kartana: 109-130 (80.7 - 96.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

@ Flyinium Z
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Brave Bird
- Rock Tomb
- Taunt / Whirlwind

Gengar, that is often used to check stalls and likes to switch and trap Skarmories, can easily take care of standard and defensive Skarm's set.
This set, used in offensive teams, can deal with it pretty easily in both, the 1vs1 and if Gengar switches in.
Rock Tomb makes Skarm outspeed, Z BB finishes the thing

Thick Fat Azumarill

Certified Pasta Enjoyer
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor

Chansey @ Eviolite
EVs: 156 HP / 252 Def / 100 SpD
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Skill Swap
- Thunder Wave / Toxic

Passive mons like Chansey are just fodder for PerishGar. While this one doesn't beat Gengar on its own, Skill Swap is a great tech, allowing Chansey to switch out on Gengar into something that deals with it.

Darkinium

the mighty nuaguunibi

Celesteela @ Groundium Z
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake

Usually when defensive Celesteela doesn't have Leftovers, it probably has Flyinium Z + Air Slash, which Mega Gengar eats up from non-invested variants. When Celesteela show it (probably) has Z Crystal and Mega Gengar comes in to trap it, that when it's slapped by a Tectonic Rage! Substitute also gives a safety net when doing to same to Heatran or Tapu Koko.

All right, submissions are now closed! There are to be no edits of your own Pokemon, nor are there to be any new submissions A few quick things to note;
  • Voting will close on Sunday, where the next Lure That Threat will also be announced.
  • You can't vote for your own submission
  • You can only change your vote once, so think carefully before doing so
  • You can vote even if you haven't made a submission. It is expected that you vote if you did submit yourself, but not compulsory
Reserving Blissey

Blissey (F) @ Shed Shell
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Shadow Ball
- Ice Beam/Flamethrower
- Soft-Boiled

Gengar is often tempted to switch in due to Blissey's Passive Nature, but with Shed Shell Blissey can easily escape! Unlike Chansey, Blissey can win 1v1 thanks to Calm Mind.
A silly set I thought of.

Mega Gar can pretty much trap most typical Zapdos unless you get the para on discharge and then full paras. My set kinda combines thunderbirb with mcdonalds and phases stuff around, thereby nullifying what Mega Gar can bring to the table. Since it is just phased out the turn after perish song and gets off a protect and leaves with less HP or if you are a savage you can let gengar sub also :P. Enough speed there to outspeed adamant loom, you can up the speed I guess to 134 if you want to outspeed jolly. The current EVs make it so that you aren't 2hkoed by Gengar unless you get spdef drops with shadow ball and you 3HKO with discharge. If you were real heat, you'd have psychinium-z extrasensory but I'm not that good at this game. Also incidentally, it prevents being phased by hippo, one of the banes of zapdos's existence by having a faster whirlwind.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 4 SpA / 228 SpD / 20 Spe
Calm Nature
- Roar
- Roost
- Discharge/Volt Switch
- Heat Wave

I will put in spoilers and won't nom it because it's not mine, but I saw this interesting Aegislash set on a japanese team that is designed to beat opposing ghosts:

Aegislash @ Kasib Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword
- King's Shield

Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Leech Seed
- Hidden Power [Fire] / Synthesis
- Earthquake

Mega Gengar struggles to find a way to safely undergo Mega Evolution due to its frailty, and Mega Venusaur is one of the targets it tends to consider as a fodder for such business. Earthquake mvenu is also handy against Heatran as well.

Kartana @ Flyinium Z
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Tailwind
- Leaf Blade
- Psycho Cut / Night Slash
- Sacred Sword / Swords Dance

Z Tailwind as the Gengar comes in, bop it with a super effective crit. The bulk allows you to live a Shadow Ball from offensive Gengar if you find yourself without Tailwind up, also handy for setting up infront of things like Koko (lives specs / good chance to live Z, OHKOes with crit Leaf Blade).
@ Flyinium Z
Ability: Sturdy
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Brave Bird
- Rock Tomb
- Taunt / Whirlwind

Gengar, that is often used to check stalls and likes to switch and trap Skarmories, can easily take care of standard and defensive Skarm's set.
This set, used in offensive teams, can deal with it pretty easily in both, the 1vs1 and if Gengar switches in.
Rock Tomb makes Skarm outspeed, Z BB finishes the thing

Chansey @ Eviolite
EVs: 156 HP / 252 Def / 100 SpD
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Skill Swap
- Thunder Wave / Toxic

Passive mons like Chansey are just fodder for PerishGar. While this one doesn't beat Gengar on its own, Skill Swap is a great tech, allowing Chansey to switch out on Gengar into something that deals with it.

Celesteela @ Groundium Z
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake

Usually when defensive Celesteela doesn't have Leftovers, it probably has Flyinium Z + Air Slash, which Mega Gengar eats up from non-invested variants. When Celesteela show it (probably) has Z Crystal and Mega Gengar comes in to trap it, that when it's slapped by a Tectonic Rage! Substitute also gives a safety net when doing to same to Heatran or Tapu Koko.

Will be going for Solerme's Offensive Flyinium Z Skarmory. Set that I've seen them use before on PS!, which worked quite nicely. Or was it someone else? Oh well. TFA's Skill Swap Chansey is a close second, though, which has found its way onto a couple high-rated stall teams.

Flyinium Z Skarmory

This is the set I like to use in certain offensive teams and is indeed a good way to punish Mega Gengar and other offensive threats.

TFA
Skill Swap Chansey has long been among my favourite innovative sets. Not just effective against Perish Gar, but a great many pokemon which heavily rely on their ability such as Gliscor.
(Also nice to see someone finally using the good EV spread.)

Thick Fat Azumarill

Certified Pasta Enjoyer
Reserving Tapu Koko
Actually, let's do Gengar

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 188 HP / 68 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Pain Split
- Reflect Type
- Substitute

Once Gliscor has safely scouted Gengar isn't Perish Trap/WoW + Hex, it assumes it can take on Gengar, until you flex on it with Reflect Type! Then you just get a sub up and beat it at its own game!

Last edited:

Darkinium

the mighty nuaguunibi
Reserving Tapu Koko

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Icy Wind / Hidden Power [Ice]
- Destiny Bond / Taunt / Will-O-Wisp / anything you want, really

Once Gliscor has safely scouted Gengar isn't Perish Trap/WoW + Hex, it assumes it can take on Gengar, until it reveals the ice move! HP Ice is a tiny bit stronger and doesn't miss, but Icy Wind's speed drops let you win against other threats, such as unsuspecting Mega Salamence trying to set up against you.
#3 Icy Wind 35.40286897951132%

:psyduck:

marilli

With you
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
Landorus-T @ Groundium-Z
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Smack Down
- Earthquake

Set up substitute on the switch-in to Gliscor or as it sets up a Sub or throws out a Toxic. Then you SD up and beat it as it is unable to touch you at all. Once it is set up, it does well vs both full stall and Metagross / Toxapex balance. It's also just a generally useful Pokemon that sets up on Lead SR Landos well enough and does usual Lando things.

Darkinium

the mighty nuaguunibi

Aegislash @ Air Balloon
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- King's Shield
- Shadow Ball
- Sacred Sword
- Shadow Sneak

Needs no explanation, just murders Gliscor completely. Air Balloon also helps against Pokemon such as Mega Salamence and Mega Kangaskhan, who now need to pop the Air Balloon first before using Earthquake, which usually lets you get off a free King's Shield drop. This can also be used with a SubToxic set to beat stall even harder. Only issue is the lack of Leftovers, but if your team struggles severely against stall it can be worth the sacrifice.

All right, submissions are now closed! There are to be no edits of your own Pokemon, nor are there to be any new submissions A few quick things to note;
  • Voting will close on Sunday, where the next Lure That Threat will also be announced.
  • You can't vote for your own submission
  • You can only change your vote once, so think carefully before doing so
  • You can vote even if you haven't made a submission. It is expected that you vote if you did submit yourself, but not compulsory
Reserving Tapu Koko

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Pain Split
- Reflect Type
- Substitute

Once Gliscor has safely scouted Gengar isn't Perish Trap/WoW + Hex, it assumes it can take on Gengar, until you flex on it with Reflect Type! Then you just get a sub up and beat it at its own game!
Landorus-T @ Groundium-Z
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Smack Down
- Earthquake

Set up substitute on the switch-in to Gliscor or as it sets up a Sub or throws out a Toxic. Then you SD up and beat it as it is unable to touch you at all. Once it is set up, it does well vs both full stall and Metagross / Toxapex balance. It's also just a generally useful Pokemon that sets up on Lead SR Landos well enough and does usual Lando things.

Aegislash @ Air Balloon
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- King's Shield
- Shadow Ball
- Sacred Sword
- Shadow Sneak

Needs no explanation, just murders Gliscor completely. Air Balloon also helps against Pokemon such as Mega Salamence and Mega Kangaskhan, who now need to pop the Air Balloon first before using Earthquake, which usually lets you get off a free King's Shield drop. This can also be used with a SubToxic set to beat stall even harder. Only issue is the lack of Leftovers, but if your team struggles severely against stall it can be worth the sacrifice.

Gonna be going with marilli's SubSD Smack Down Landorus-T. Reflect Type Mega Gengar is heat, but admittedly situational and not as desirable as PerishTrap or Offensive variants in most scenarios. That Landorus-T variant can also just terrorize a bunch of builds once it gets going.

Thick Fat Azumarill

Certified Pasta Enjoyer
marilli's :weOUbois:

While that Aegi set is cool, it does the opposite of luring Gliscor in; as soon as the Balloon prompt appears on screen, Gliscor will never switch in until it's broken. The lando set is :fire: as well.

Marillis Lando-t set. I like Darks too, but I just feel it doesn't lure in sub stall gliscor, likely gonna wanna pop that balloon then gliscor does what it usually does vs aegi.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)