SV OU Lum Berry Kingambit with AV Scizor (Peaked 1850)

Exotic64

MDRRRRRRRR
is a Tiering Contributor
Lum Berry Kingambit - https://pokepast.es/7c0829f8469fea30
:kingambit: :hatterene: :garchomp: :dragonite: :cinderace: :scizor:

Recently, I have had a lot of success on the ladder with this team, peaking 1850. The surprise factor of Banded Dragonite, coupled with AV Scizor tanking and pivoting from many checks to this team, Tera Fairy Kingambit and more - is what makes this team so great.

:Garchomp: Garchomp is my preferred lead and a great mixed attacker. Primarily against Rotom-Wash leads and Glimmoras, starting Garchomp is a good idea. It can do 60-70% to a defensive Rotom-Wash with Draco Meteor and can OHKO a physical Great Tusk. It's Earthquake is a devastating threat for opponents who are baited by the -2 SpA drop from Draco, and if they swap in Toxapex/Clodsire/Garg they will take immense damage due to the Life Orb boost. Garchomp also runs Fire Blast, which is great into someone who swaps in Corviknight thinking it is a threat, however on the contrary Corviknight will be 2HKOd by Fire Blast. Garchomp is also running Stealth Rocks, applying pressure on the rest of the enemy team if neglected. In conclusion, Garchomp is a great lead and wall breaker that can set up the rest of the team with success.

252+ SpA Life Orb Garchomp Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Great Tusk: 364-429 (98.1 - 115.6%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Life Orb Garchomp Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Rotom-Wash: 207-243 (68 - 79.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
12 Atk Life Orb Garchomp Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 192+ Def Toxapex: 198-234 (65.1 - 76.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
12 Atk Life Orb Garchomp Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Clodsire: 530-624 (114.4 - 134.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

:Hatterene: Hatterene is a great switch in to hazard setters such as Ting-Lu, and can single handedly shut down the annoying Garganacl Iron Defense Body Press set thanks to its healing capabilities with Calm Mind and Draining Kiss. Covert Cloak is not necessary if played correctly as you should always beat Garg in a 1v1, and if they let you set up Hatterene can become a very scary win condition. Against a hard Gholdengo / Kingambit switch, it is advised to swap into Scizor respectively since it is Assault Vest and can tank Gholdengo's Make it Rain and Shadow Ball very comfortably, whereas Kingambit will be threatened with a Close Combat. Alternatively, if Hatterene is expendable depending on the situation, a +1 Mystical Fire can do good damage to checks, allowing Kingambit to come in later and kill with ease.

0 SpA Hatterene Mystical Fire vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Gholdengo: 152-180 (48.2 - 57.1%) -- 91% chance to 2HKO
+1 0 SpA Hatterene Mystical Fire vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Gholdengo: 226-268 (71.7 - 85%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 0 SpA Hatterene Mystical Fire vs. 112 HP / 0 SpD Kingambit: 242-286 (65.5 - 77.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Hatterene Mystical Fire vs. 112 HP / 0 SpD Kingambit: 162-192 (43.9 - 52%) -- 14.1% chance to 2HKO

:Cinderace: Cinderace is a good pivot and checks common steel types such as Kingambit and Gholdengo with a powerful Pyro Ball or HJK. Cinderace's access to Court Change makes it very good against Hazard Spam teams, and its fast speed allows it to pivot with ease. Into Meowscarada leads I like starting off with Cinderace as it can live a Banded Meowscarada Knock Off and kill it back whilst getting a lot of momentum. However be cautious about hazards and play accordingly if you are going this approach.

188 Atk Libero Cinderace U-turn vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Meowscarada: 540-640 (184.3 - 218.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Choice Band Meowscarada Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 64 HP / 0 Def Cinderace: 268-316 (84.5 - 99.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

:Dragonite: Banded Dragonite is not what many people expect, as the most common moveset of Dragonite is its Dragon Dance variation. However because of this Banded Dragonite can become a secondary win condition with its extremely powerful Outrages and a late game Tera-Normal Extreme Speed sweep. It's superb ability of Multiscale allows it to switch in to threats and revenge kill them, most notably being able to tank a +2 Opposing Dragonite's E speed with ease while revenge killing it.

252 Atk Choice Band Tera Normal Dragonite Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Iron Valiant: 219-258 (75.7 - 89.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Tera Normal Dragonite Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Iron Moth: 303-357 (100.6 - 118.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Choice Band Tera Normal Dragonite Outrage vs. 252 HP / 172+ Def Amoonguss: 297-349 (68.7 - 80.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Tera Normal Dragonite Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Roaring Moon: 265-313 (75.4 - 89.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

:scizor: Scizor naturally counters Iron Valiant and many fairy types, which is this team's main weakness. Thanks to its excellent typing and moveset, Scizor can beat many Special Attackers, including Gholdengo and Iron Valiant, this team's biggest threats, as well as Hatterene. Unlike banded Scizor, it is not locked into any moves, and can naturally pivot very well thanks to U-turn, whilst still being a threat to Pokemon such as Gholdengo and Kingambit with Technician boosted Thief and Close Combat.

252 SpA Choice Specs Iron Valiant Moonblast vs. 248 HP / 144 SpD Assault Vest Scizor: 75-88 (21.8 - 25.6%) -- 1.3% chance to 4HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Tera Fairy Iron Valiant Aura Sphere vs. 248 HP / 144 SpD Assault Vest Scizor: 127-150 (37 - 43.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
116+ Atk Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Tera Fairy Iron Valiant: 212-252 (73.3 - 87.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Gholdengo Shadow Ball vs. 248 HP / 144 SpD Assault Vest Scizor: 91-108 (26.5 - 31.4%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Dragapult Shadow Ball vs. 248 HP / 144 SpD Assault Vest Scizor: 111-132 (32.3 - 38.4%) -- 97.7% chance to 3HKO
0 SpA Hatterene Mystical Fire vs. 248 HP / 144 SpD Assault Vest Scizor: 192-228 (55.9 - 66.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

:kingambit: Kingambit is the bread and butter of this team. It is one of the primary win conditions late game and can sweep teams despite large number disadvantages. Lum Berry on Kingambit allows it to freely stay in when threatened by any status such as Wisp - and revenge kill accordingly. Kingambit's Tera Fairy allows it to stay in on the common Great Tusk Switch-in and kill it back after 1 SD. One shots are rare unless the opposing mon is squishy, which is why it is advised to use Kingambit as a late game sweeper when it is maxed out as much as possible on Supreme Overlord stacks. Kingambit at 5 stacks can basically kill anything with a Kowtow Cleave, and its Tera Fairy will allow it to kill its normal checks, such as Great Tusk, Breloom and Dragonite. Kingambit will also always beat Skeledirge in a 1v1 due to its Lum Berry canceling out the Will-O-Wisp.

(For Calcs I will be using 3 allies fainted Kingambit as it is the most common occurrence from personal experience, lol.)
+2 252+ Atk Supreme Overlord 3 allies fainted Tera Fairy Kingambit Tera Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Great Tusk: 458-540 (105.5 - 124.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Supreme Overlord 3 allies fainted Tera Fairy Kingambit Tera Blast vs. 144 HP / 0 Def Multiscale Dragonite: 400-472 (111.4 - 131.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Supreme Overlord 3 allies fainted Tera Fairy Kingambit Kowtow Cleave vs. 252 HP / 192+ Def Toxapex: 228-268 (75 - 88.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252+ Atk Supreme Overlord 3 allies fainted Tera Fairy Kingambit Tera Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Ting-Lu: 630-744 (122.5 - 144.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Supreme Overlord 3 allies fainted Tera Fairy Kingambit Kowtow Cleave vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Unaware Skeledirge: 410-486 (99.7 - 118.2%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

----------------------

If you have any questions about the team feel free to PM me or message me through Discord. It is a very fun team and I guarantee you will enjoy playing with it!

Some replays:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1804421237 (Using Hydreigon Vairation instead of Scizor, more aggressive but requires more careful play due to insane fairy weakness)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1809040011 (Against trick room)
I should have more but I'll update the list accordingly

Hey, I’ve been trying to get reqs with this team. While I haven’t got them yet, that’s a result of me being a bad player, because this team is one of my favorites of this gen. AV scizor specifically is the MVP for me, he’s really good into the meta rn imo. Have a nice day!

1850 is very good, and you've provided sound reasoning to defeat notable counters such as Gholdengo. I'm gonna give this a whirl. Im still relatively low to mid ladder, so I'm gonna opt for muscle band instead of lum berry on gambit because I've never seen skeldirge go for will o wisp yet.

Now that i've played this team a lot, its definitely good, but I've a few worries about certain Pokemon that I can't find a way to beat, and was hoping you knew.

1. :Hippowdon: (Tera Fairy)
This fat guy walls the entire team.

2. :Armarouge: :Ceruledge:
Specifically the weak armor and policy variants. I've noticed this on Armarouge with stored power is quite successful recently.

3. :Dondozo: (Unaware)
Since this team is pretty much all physical, it tends to struggle more against these walls, but this one in specific is very tough, especially when they start cursing.

4. :Walking Wake:
I remember when I talked to you on showdown, you told me the team actually matches well against Wake even though it was made before. I have been able to beat Wake most of the time, but can't help but feel the team feels really frail against it, especially when its clicking hydro steam. Might just be me.

5. :Volcarona:(Tera Steel)
I've been getting cooked by one set in specific; Wisp, roost, QD and fiery dance. One time it even tera steel'd on me and blew me to smithereens.

So yeah. Any suggestions in how to maneuver the team? Or time to update the sets? Btw, im running muscle band instead of lum berry on gambit, like I said before.

Exotic64

MDRRRRRRRR
is a Tiering Contributor
Now that i've played this team a lot, its definitely good, but I've a few worries about certain Pokemon that I can't find a way to beat, and was hoping you knew.

1. :Hippowdon: (Tera Fairy)
This fat guy walls the entire team.

2. :Armarouge: :Ceruledge:
Specifically the weak armor and policy variants. I've noticed this on Armarouge with stored power is quite successful recently.

3. :Dondozo: (Unaware)
Since this team is pretty much all physical, it tends to struggle more against these walls, but this one in specific is very tough, especially when they start cursing.

4. :Walking Wake:
I remember when I talked to you on showdown, you told me the team actually matches well against Wake even though it was made before. I have been able to beat Wake most of the time, but can't help but feel the team feels really frail against it, especially when its clicking hydro steam. Might just be me.

5. :Volcarona:(Tera Steel)
I've been getting cooked by one set in specific; Wisp, roost, QD and fiery dance. One time it even tera steel'd on me and blew me to smithereens.

So yeah. Any suggestions in how to maneuver the team? Or time to update the sets? Btw, im running muscle band instead of lum berry on gambit, like I said before.
Hey, thanks for your comment. I'll go over each one of ur threats one by one

1. Hippowdon (Tera Fairy) :hippowdon:
This is definitely one of the most hardest counters to this team, and personally I haven't versed a Hippowdon in a long time (maybe once or twice ever) but honestly the best thing to deal with it is to get rocks up and BP spam with Scizor :scizor:, or get Hatterene :hatterene: in safely and just win. Hippowdon only has 8PP on slack off after the stall nerfs and BP does 40% minimum (116+ Atk Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Tera Fairy Hippowdon: 168-200 (40 - 47.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after sandstorm damage and Leftovers recovery). This allows you to practically stall out the slack offs and Hippo only does (0 Atk Tera Fairy Hippowdon Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Scizor: 118-141 (34.4 - 41.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO) around 35-40% to you anyways. If Hippowdon does Whirlwind the Scizor after a BP it will be on at least 60% in which you can easily get a free Hatterene switchin and set up in its face (Hippo cannot Whirlwind Hatterene due to Magic Bounce).
Annoying but definitely manageable.

2. Psyspam
As someone who has played against Psyspam a tonne with this team, this is definitely manageable with relative ease. The easiest way to win VS Armarouge is to either get Garchomp in safely and win the 1v1 (most Armarouge go Expanding Force, you live it with around 20%, if it is weakness policy it just dies). If its not able to get in safely going Dragonite to tank a hit and then EQ it is also doable. Hatterene also wins VS Armarouge 100% of the time since Armour Cannon does like 40% at max and you can do 70% with Psyshock after -1 defence. The SD version of Ceruledge is not a threat at all because Garchomp wins 100% of the time, and bitter blade does nothing and will hurt the Ceruledge due to contact. (Garchomp takes 40% max from +2 bitter blade). However, tera BUG flash fire ceruledge is a huge problem and honestly its not a huge threat unless it sets up on you. (only becomes a threat after +2 bulk up). Normally I always go hard Dragonite and outrage since it will do massive damage if they stay in and will 2HKO even at +2 defence, as well as taking practically 0 dmg due to multi scale and resist, but if he sets up on garchomp or scizor it would be bad

3. Dondozo
All ima say is:
252+ SpA Life Orb Garchomp Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Dondozo: 308-364 (61.1 - 72.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Note: Unaware also ignores the -2 drop from draco :)
If Garchomp is dead against Dozo its pretty doomed but hatt might have a chance

4. Walking Wake
My favourite way to beat this mon is just chipping it down and not killing it directly. Scizor takes around 50% from hydro steam in sun but if u get it in safely and u turn u can OHKO with tera normal Extreme Speed on Dnite. Dnite also just tanks Wake comfortably as long as its not draco - and worst case Hatterene is Tera Water so it shouldn't be hard.

5. Tera Steel Volc
Uhhh never seen tera steel volc tbh only tera water grass or ground, but against tera steel or any volcarona in general I ALWAYS go Cinderace since pyro ball will do around 70% if its defensive and 90% if its offensive. If cinderace is dead hatterene works super well as well with calm mind + psyshock

On one last note I've personally been enjoying replacing Scizor with Hydreigon or Gholdengo for more SpA power and offense in general in accordance with recent meta changes, but Scizor still defo works fine I personally like Scarf Ghold more rn

Some Gholdengo and Hydreigon variation replays:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1824482481
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1804421237
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1804426731

Sets:
:gholdengo:
Sty (Gholdengo) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Good as Gold
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Make It Rain
- Focus Blast
- Trick

:hydreigon:
Hydreigon @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 84 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 168 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Flash Cannon

(im also making another RMT soon for one of my more used teams with the introduction of wake and just the meta in general rn, if u want a more up to date team ill be uploading that by the end of this week)

Last edited:
Hey, thanks for your comment. I'll go over each one of ur threats one by one

1. Hippowdon (Tera Fairy) :hippowdon:
This is definitely one of the most hardest counters to this team, and personally I haven't versed a Hippowdon in a long time (maybe once or twice ever) but honestly the best thing to deal with it is to get rocks up and BP spam with Scizor :scizor:, or get Hatterene :hatterene: in safely and just win. Hippowdon only has 8PP on slack off after the stall nerfs and BP does 40% minimum (116+ Atk Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Tera Fairy Hippowdon: 168-200 (40 - 47.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after sandstorm damage and Leftovers recovery). This allows you to practically stall out the slack offs and Hippo only does (0 Atk Tera Fairy Hippowdon Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Scizor: 118-141 (34.4 - 41.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO) around 35-40% to you anyways. If Hippowdon does Whirlwind the Scizor after a BP it will be on at least 60% in which you can easily get a free Hatterene switchin and set up in its face (Hippo cannot Whirlwind Hatterene due to Magic Bounce).
Annoying but definitely manageable.

2. Psyspam
As someone who has played against Psyspam a tonne with this team, this is definitely manageable with relative ease. The easiest way to win VS Armarouge is to either get Garchomp in safely and win the 1v1 (most Armarouge go Expanding Force, you live it with around 20%, if it is weakness policy it just dies). If its not able to get in safely going Dragonite to tank a hit and then EQ it is also doable. Hatterene also wins VS Armarouge 100% of the time since Armour Cannon does like 40% at max and you can do 70% with Psyshock after -1 defence. The SD version of Ceruledge is not a threat at all because Garchomp wins 100% of the time, and bitter blade does nothing and will hurt the Ceruledge due to contact. (Garchomp takes 40% max from +2 bitter blade). However, tera BUG flash fire ceruledge is a huge problem and honestly its not a huge threat unless it sets up on you. (only becomes a threat after +2 bulk up). Normally I always go hard Dragonite and outrage since it will do massive damage if they stay in and will 2HKO even at +2 defence, as well as taking practically 0 dmg due to multi scale and resist, but if he sets up on garchomp or scizor it would be bad

3. Dondozo
All ima say is:
252+ SpA Life Orb Garchomp Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Dondozo: 308-364 (61.1 - 72.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Note: Unaware also ignores the -2 drop from draco :)
If Garchomp is dead against Dozo its pretty doomed but hatt might have a chance

4. Walking Wake
My favourite way to beat this mon is just chipping it down and not killing it directly. Scizor takes around 50% from hydro steam in sun but if u get it in safely and u turn u can OHKO with tera normal Extreme Speed on Dnite. Dnite also just tanks Wake comfortably as long as its not draco - and worst case Hatterene is Tera Water so it shouldn't be hard.

5. Tera Steel Volc
Uhhh never seen tera steel volc tbh only tera water grass or ground, but against tera steel or any volcarona in general I ALWAYS go Cinderace since pyro ball will do around 70% if its defensive and 90% if its offensive. If cinderace is dead hatterene works super well as well with calm mind + psyshock

On one last note I've personally been enjoying replacing Scizor with Hydreigon or Gholdengo for more SpA power and offense in general in accordance with recent meta changes, but Scizor still defo works fine I personally like Scarf Ghold more rn

Some Gholdengo and Hydreigon variation replays:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1824482481 (beating pokeaimmd)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1804421237
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1804426731

Sets:
:gholdengo:
Sty (Gholdengo) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Good as Gold
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Make It Rain
- Focus Blast
- Trick

:hydreigon:
Hydreigon @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 84 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 168 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Flash Cannon

(im also making another RMT soon for one of my more used teams with the introduction of wake and just the meta in general rn, if u want a more up to date team ill be uploading that by the end of this week)
Really appreciate the comments, everything is definitely helpful and I'm already winning with your advice. Especially the fact that unaware ignores the -2 drop from draco lol. Garchomp is very important to the team and I should try to conserve it more tbh. I'm not gonna ditch scizor for the other 2 options, because I love that mon too much, but I'm really looking forward to your next RMT. Take care

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)