Lower Tier Threats

If you plan to use this set on a Trick Room team imo you should use it with Gyro Ball instead of Iron Head (and with 0 IVs in Speed to make it stronger) because it's just better and with Explosion instead of Earthquake using a Normal Gem as item. You should use a more offensive EV spread as well I guess, using Bronzong with 252 EVs on Atk. I found out that Explosion is a really useful move for Bronzong in a Trick Room since it allows you to damage hard an opposing mon (be careful to not use explosion on a ghost / steel type obv) and to switch in without any risk one of your Trick Room sweeper too. You may try it with my changes and see how it works :p
I've seen that set work before, and I may try it, but this is a defensive Trick Room setter, so I didn't want to sacrifice Bronzong just to get my Chandelure/Tyranitar in safely (would work great against Latios though). And Gyro Ball is stronger but sometimes I run low on PP. IMO it depends on your team, but your set definitely has its merits.

Azelf @ Focus Sash
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Taunt
- Fire Blast
- Explosion
- Stealth Rock

Similar to Aerodactyl, slower but prevents spinning with a more offensive pressure. Taunt and Stealth Rock are mandatory to prevent hazards / setupp and any team needs Stealth Rock, Explosion is the stronger attack that is useful against some spinners such Tentacruel or Starmie while Fire Blast helps against Forrestres and another steels types such Scizor or Jirachi, this lead is dedicated to HO teams like suicide lead to guarantee Stealth Rock and prevents hazards that are annoying against stuff like Dragonite or Kyurem-B.
I love Azelf, but I would go with the more standard set of Thunderbolt in place of Explosion. While explosion does get more damage against Starmie and Tentacruel, it is a minor difference. Thunderbolt has a 25% chance to OHKO Starmie, while Explosion has a 75% chance. Against Tentacruel, Explosion only does ~65%, allowing Cruel to live easily, while Thunderbolt has a 22.7% chance to 2HKO. In exchange for a bit less damage to Starmie, Thunderbolt gives Azelf a decent chance to kill Tentacruel.

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I love Azelf, but I would go with the more standard set of Thunderbolt in place of Explosion. While explosion does get more damage against Starmie and Tentacruel, it is a minor difference. Thunderbolt has a 25% chance to OHKO Starmie, while Explosion has a 75% chance. Against Tentacruel, Explosion only does ~65%, allowing Cruel to live easily, while Thunderbolt has a 22.7% chance to 2HKO. In exchange for a bit less damage to Starmie, Thunderbolt gives Azelf a decent chance to kill Tentacruel.
Explosion is used to block any attempts to spin SR away.

Galventula@Choice Specs/Life Orb
EV's: 252 SpA/252 Spe/4 SpD
Trait: Compoundeyes
Timid/Modest Nature
-Thunder
-Bug Buzz
-HP Ice
-Giga Drain/Agility

Not seen very often but not one to be underestimated, Galventula can really run through beaten up teams. Although its base 97 special attack is on the low side, it has a pretty spammable 91% accurate base 120 STAB Thunder that will hit like a truck. Bug Buzz gives it pretty good neutral coverage for the rest of OU that only Gliscor, Lando-T, and Magnezone resists and 2 of them get OHKO'd by HP Ice that also hit the ever so popular dragons very hard. The last slot is, in my opinion, quite tricky. Although not mentioned on its analysis, Galventula has access to Agility, which helps it by being able to afford to run a modest nature along with a Life Orb. However, Galv will not be able to find the time to set up most of the time and being able to speed tie threats like Keldeo and Terrakion by running a timid nature is a huge asset. With an open move slot, Giga Drain would probably be the move of choice to recover some health from LO recoil and/or entry hazard damage. Also, HP Fire has some merit over HP Ice for the fact it is Galventula's only way of hitting Ferrothorn hard. Galv isn't meant to sweep from turn 1, it is meant to clean up teams late game.

Shurtugal

The Enterpriser.
is a Tiering Contributor
@

Trait: Serene Grace
Nature: Modest
EVs: 172 Hp / 140 SpA / 196 Spe
- Seed Flare
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Fire / Ice]
- Rest / Tailwind

What it Does: Shaymin is such an overlooked threat in the metagame. With Keldeo running everywhere, offensive teams will appreciate Shaymin's ability "staple" check Keldeo as well as break opposing rain teams with it's brutal Seed Flare (which rips though bulky water types like butter). Shaymin is one of many (if you look hard enough; trust me) of an underrated threat that can "staple" check Keldeo while at the same time can prevent being pursuit trapped by Scizor or Tyranitar (in fact, TTar doesn't want to switch into Seed Flare and Scizor is lured in effectively). Shaymin is can be used on teams that don't particularly like Rotom-W, Politoed, Scizor, Keldeo, Starmie (be careful of Ice Beam!), Jellicent, and Toxicroak. As you all know, the following threats I just mentioned are pratically everywhere, which means Shaymin has a bit more niche now than it did in BW1 (since Torn-I spam) and with Landorus-I's and Tornadus-T's removal, Shaymin has become a much more effective pivot than it ever was before!

Rest is a pretty good move to maintain longevity, but Tailwind is geared more towards HO teams that could utilize the speed boost.

Teammates: Shaymin isn't a Pokemon that needs to be backed up by support -- it's the one giving support since, in general, it's a pivot. You could opt to run more HP and less SpA, but those SpA evs currently ensure you OHKO Scizor without LO, so I wouldn't advice is unless you're playing stall with a core like Heatran or something.

Shaymin, while it check rain teams pretty well, still struggles to switch into Fighting STABs which is why this set is usually outclassed by Celebi, so you'll probably want a Pokemon that can keep Terrakion in check (Shaymin takes SS from Keldeo just fine FYI but CC from Terrakion is another story). A few partners I can think of on the top of my head are SR Landorus-T, Double Dance Landorus-T, Gliscor, LO Latias, and Tornadus-I. (I'm sure I'm missing a few; sorry).

Shaymin like being paired more with Pokemon that appreciate it's abilities to break bulky water types and the ability to beat Gliscor / Scizor, and I can't think of anything better than SubSD Terrakion or SD Lucario, which hugely appreciate Scizor lure and they like the removal of Jellicent (and Seed Flare can dent Gliscors and Landorus-T too; LandoT's U-turn is like a 3HKO on Shaymin iirc not including leftovers). Heatran and Shaymin can perform similarly to the CeleTran, but fighting STABs are hard to switch into (which is why Jellicent would be an ideal partner). Also, a partner that can deal with sun is ideal.

Counters: Scarf Scizor can easily dent Shaymin as it does not like eating a U-turn it thinks it doesn't have to take. Specs Lati@s and Choice Band Dragonite are Pokemon that can break though Shaymin, as well as CB Terrakion, Balloon Tran, Ninetales, Venusaur, and pretty much any U-turn coverage. Dragon types and U-turn coverage attack can pretty much check Shaymin left and right.

-.-.-.-

I'll post more later XD

Last edited:
Bulky WATERS check Shaymin? Are you sure you have that right? Also, using Scarf Scizor as an example is a bit of a misnomer, it's just not common enough to worry about. Scarf Landorus with U-turn would be a much bigger threat, and Venusaur OHKOs after Rocks with Timid LO Sludge Bomb 68.75% of the time, whereas you only 2HKO with HP Fire under the sun or Air Slash sometimes after Rocks.

@

Slowking (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk
0 Ivs Speed
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Surf
- Psyshock/Fire Blast
- Ice Beam/Fire Blast
- Trick Room

To me Slowking Offensive Trick room is a very good pokemon for current OverUsed , that pokemon is very underrated, it can do a lot of damage and it has an advantage because Slowking has the Ability "Regenerator" which restores the Hp of a pokemon by ⅓ of its Max HP when switching out, so you can come with him to cause damages and quietly switch to get back after with your hp in good health, it is also an advantage over Reuniclus, Slowking has a good bulk allowing him to be a good check to RainsTeams/Keldeo and generally it doesn't need support to set up in a game, build around Slowking is very easy because it has an offensive synergy with Keldeo, just have a Choice Spec Keldeo with Weavile to trapp/Lure all its counters. That Pokemon has only two counters (Blissey/Chansey), because Ferrothorn can get fucked by Fire Blast. It can also be played in Defensive version, but I find offensive is best.

ShootingStarmie

Bulletproof
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
@

Slowking (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk
0 Ivs Speed
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Surf
- Psyshock/Fire Blast
- Ice Beam/Fire Blast
- Trick Room

To me Slowking Offensive Trick room is a very good pokemon for current OverUsed , that pokemon is very underrated, it can do a lot of damage and it has an advantage because Slowking has the Ability "Regenerator" which restores the Hp of a pokemon by ⅓ of its Max HP when switching out, so you can come with him to cause damages and quietly switch to get back after with your hp in good health, it is also an advantage over Reuniclus, Slowking has a good bulk allowing him to be a good check to RainsTeams/Keldeo and generally it doesn't need support to set up in a game, build around Slowking is very easy because it has an offensive synergy with Keldeo, just have a Choice Spec Keldeo with Weavile to trapp/Lure all its counters. That Pokemon has only two counters (Blissey/Chansey), because Ferrothorn can get fucked by Fire Blast. It can also be played in Defensive version, but I find offensive is best.
Alexander. already posted this set here. Thanks for your input on the set though.

Edit: Turns out Morpheus posted this set first, so Alexander.'s post has been removed from the OP. Please check the OP to see if your set has already been posted to prevent confusion in the further. Thanks everyone.

Last edited:
Looks like no one posted Zapdos yet. I'll post the set I used in OUcurrent recently:

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 108 Spd / 152 SAtk
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt / Discharge
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Roost

This is my take on the offensive set on site. Although it faces competition from Thundurus-T, Zapdos's main advantages over Thundurus are its bulk and access to roost and heat wave. This set plays to its strengths rather than trying to be an inferior Thundurus-T by forgoing the modest nature and sacrificing some speed for bulk. Due to its typing, bulk, and reliable recovery, Zapdos checks Breloom and Scizor much better than Thundurus-T can, and on top of that OHKOs both with heat wave. Heat wave also hits common steel types such as Jirachi and Ferrothorn super effectively, pokemon that often give Thundurus trouble unless it carries nasty plot. Roost is Zapdos's biggest advantage over Thundurus-T though, letting it mitigate damage from stealth rock and any resisted hits you switch into.

This EV spread allows Zapdos to hit hard, take hits, and outspeed everything up to jolly Breloom/timid Politoed. The on-site spread for offensive Zapdos doesn't invest much in bulk, while outspeeding up to adamant Lucario, a benchmark I didn't feel was too relevant.

Last edited:

Sharpedo (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Waterfall
- Protect
- Earthquake
- Crunch

Why is Good in OU? Well, 120 base attack, rain boosted moves and access to speed boost makes Sharpy a pokemon that you cannot understimated. With +1 boost (easy to reach with the help of Protect) he can outspeed almost all the no-scarfed metagame and almost nothing bar a few pokemons can switch in a rain+orb-boosted STABbed Waterfall without taking serious damages. Crunch gives additional coverage hitting Celebi, Jellicent and Ti@s in a supereffective way, while Equake allow to do several damages to bulky pokemons that can be problematic for Sharpedo like Tentacruel. With Stealth Rock support and rain he can really rip entire teams that are not prepared, 2hking the bests wall in ou.

252+ Atk Life Orb Sharpedo Waterfall vs. 224 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory in rain: 153-181 (46.78 - 55.35%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
-1 252+ Atk Life Orb Sharpedo Waterfall vs. 200 HP / 244 Def Landorus-T in rain: 307-361 (83.19 - 97.83%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Life Orb Sharpedo Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 236+ Def Tentacruel: 281-333 (77.19 - 91.48%) -- 25% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Life Orb Sharpedo Crunch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 242-283 (61.42 - 71.82%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Counters: Ferrothorn is probably the best counter of Sharpedo, resisting all his STABs and taking little damage from equake, another way to deal with Sharpedo is taking away the weather, without rain boosting his waterfall, it becomes very easy to stop it, and with sand+life orb recoil he easily shot himself. The last and more effective way to stop Sharpedo's sweep is to kill him with priority, Breloom completely annihilate him, Scizor can easily shot him after some recoil damage, Dragonite and Lucario instead can easily OHKing him if carrying Espeed.

Trainer Au

Insert custom title here

Sharpedo (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
- Waterfall
- Protect
- Earthquake
- Crunch

Why is Good in OU? Well, 120 base attack, rain boosted moves and access to speed boost makes Sharpy a pokemon that you cannot understimated. With +1 boost (easy to reach with the help of Protect) he can outspeed almost all the no-scarfed metagame and almost nothing bar a few pokemons can switch in a rain+orb-boosted STABbed Waterfall without taking serious damages. Crunch gives additional coverage hitting Celebi, Jellicent and Ti@s in a supereffective way, while Equake allow to do several damages to bulky pokemons that can be problematic for Sharpedo like Tentacruel. With Stealth Rock support and rain he can really rip entire teams that are not prepared, 2hking the bests wall in ou.

252+ Atk Life Orb Sharpedo Waterfall vs. 224 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory in rain: 153-181 (46.78 - 55.35%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
-1 252+ Atk Life Orb Sharpedo Waterfall vs. 200 HP / 244 Def Landorus-T in rain: 307-361 (83.19 - 97.83%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Life Orb Sharpedo Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 236+ Def Tentacruel: 281-333 (77.19 - 91.48%) -- 25% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Life Orb Sharpedo Crunch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 242-283 (61.42 - 71.82%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Counters: Ferrothorn is probably the best counter of Sharpedo, resisting all his STABs and taking little damage from equake, another way to deal with Sharpedo is taking away the weather, without rain boosting his waterfall, it becomes very easy to stop it, and with sand+life orb recoil he easily shot himself. The last and more effective way to stop Sharpedo's sweep is to kill him with priority, Breloom completely annihilate him, Scizor can easily shot him after some recoil damage, Dragonite and Lucario instead can easily OHKing him if carrying Espeed.
I would probably have Zen Headbutt>Earthquake and Ice Fang slashed after it. Zen Headbutt hits Keldeo which is pretty important while still hitting Tenta for SE damage. Ice Fang can be used if you want to hit Dragonite, Salamence, and Hydriegon.

I would also like to add that the Rain Mixed Attacker Dragonite set works nicely as a partner. Hitting on both sides of the spectrum is great, and Dragonite can lure in many of Sharp's counters being: Skarmory, Hippowdon, and Ferrothorn and get off a big chunk of damage or straight up kill them.

Goutland, that zapdos EV spread is super inefficient. Timid and 16 spe EVs gets you 264 speed, which you could get by using 112 speed EVs. If you then run a modest nature and subtract 96 EVs from SpA, you'll have 357 SpA instead of 349, a free boost by 8 pts. So a more efficient spread is:

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 240 HP / 156 SAtk / 96 Spe
Modest Nature

Last edited:
This is my first contribution towards these things as I am a fan of these and I have been using this set a few times. Hope this works for you guys!

Druddigon @ Custap Berry/Lum Berry
Trait: Mold Breaker
EVs: 72 HP / 236 Atk / 200 SDef
- Superpower / Fire Punch
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch
- Taunt / Stealth Rock

Say hello to one of Politoed's best friend. This set seems like it might be outclassed by Dragonite as he does pose a better attack stat and a better survivability or Haxorus which has most of the available moves in this set but what Dragonite and Haxorus don't have is Fire Punch, Sucker Punch, and the ability to ignore Magic Bounce and setup Stealth Rocks or Taunt the somewhat common Dual Screen Espeon. This leads the door to many possibilities leading it to score surprising 2HKOs and some OHKOs. The first move is a crucial decision as both Superpower and Fire Punch open doors to which type of pokemon Druddigon want's to defeat. It can choose to go with Superpower and KO Tyranitar for setting up it's precious Sand or hault Ferrothorn or Forretress from setting up two layers of Hazards and to add onto coverage for other grass types. Earthquake and Sucker Punch are mandatory as they are both needed to distance itself from Anti-Lead Dragonite and to surprise attack against Espeon, Starmie, and other Psychic Pokemon. The fourth tier is up to the user's preference. If you choose Superpower, Taunt would be your best option as it haults Skarmory and Chansey from performing status or hazards. Stealth Rocks would be in favor if you choose Fire Punch as Druddigon is one of the safest pokemon to setup with Stealth Rocks as Magic Bounce is canceled by Mold Breaker. As for the OHKO's and 2HKO's this surprise dragon can pull, here's some numbers against pokemon that are common leads and some pokemon that Druddigon can threaten or check.

OHKOs
236+ Atk Druddigon Superpower vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Tyranitar: 496-584 (122.77 - 144.55%) -- guaranteed OHKO [Support Tyranitar]
236+ Atk Druddigon Earthquake vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Infernape: 296-350 (100.68 - 119.04%) -- guaranteed OHKO [Choice Banded]
236+ Atk Druddigon Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Ninetales: 284-336 (98.95 - 117.07%) -- 93.75% chance to OHKO [Special Attacker] (OHKO After Stealth Rocks)

236+ Atk Druddigon Fire Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Scizor: 340-400 (120.99 - 142.34%) -- guaranteed OHKO [Choice Scarf]
236+ Atk Druddigon Fire Punch vs. 252 HP / 172 Def Abomasnow: 348-412 (90.62 - 107.29%) -- 43.75% chance to OHKO [SubSeed] (OHKO After Stealth Rocks)

2HKO
236+ Atk Druddigon Fire Punch vs. 252 HP / 88+ Def Ferrothorn: 224-268 (63.63 - 76.13%) -- guaranteed 2HKO [OU Standard]
236+ Atk Druddigon Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Jirachi: 224-264 (55.44 - 65.34%) -- guaranteed 2HKO [Specially Defensive]
236+ Atk Druddigon Sucker Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Starmie: 206-244 (63.58 - 75.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO [Defensive Rapid Spin]
236+ Atk Druddigon Sucker Punch vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Espeon: 270-318 (80.83 - 95.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO [Dual Screen]

And some honorable mentions would be with Fire Punch can threaten any standard set of Breloom, Forretress and Heracross with a 2HKO outside of rain, Earthquake onto the OU sets of Jolteon, Lucario, Toxicroak, Heatran, and Magnezone will OHKO, Sucker Punch can swiftly stop Gengar's disable and Offensive 3 Attacks sets, and Superpower onto Weavile, Mixed Attacker Hydreigon, and some of the Cholorophyll Sweeps such as Sawsbuck and Shifty will be knocked out in a OHKO. This set seems very frightening to a lot of pokemon onto the metagame as this scares away a lot of pokemon out of the field as your surprise your foe with a OHKO and you can safely bring your Politoed in to win the weather wars. The only problem that Druddigon has in stopping weather setup pokemon is Hippowdon. But the good news is that most sets run him with the inclusion of Whirlwind and Stealth Rocks so you can at least cripple the Hippo before sending out Politoed or another powerful pokemon to force or kill off Hippowdon to increase your odds at winning the weather wars.

The EV's are set to make sure that Druddigon lives off Ice Beams, and a few Blizzards from various pokemon such as Choice Scarfed Abomasnow, and Offensive Starmie. The Offensive stats are to make sure that the list of OHKO's and 2HKO's listed above are made possible. Jolly nature seems like a good idea but this set is still completely walled up by Jellicent and you would be losing out on some very important KO's.

Now, going back to the list of pokemon this thing OHKOs and 2HKOs, you'd think this pokemon would be hard to destroy without getting some damage back. Druddigon isn't perfect, as he can be wall'd by Jellicent, most Water types packing Ice Beam such as Vaporeon, every Dragon type that isn't Druddigon, and Skarmory. However, Skarmory must be wary of Taunt so it'll only be able to setup one layer of hazards. The thing with this set isn't to counter with those pokemon rather it be more of a wall or counter. It's to get a lead on the opponent and to do as much damage and run out to increase your odds to permanently bring up Drizzle onto your team. A few partners that can help KO what Druddigon can't is Jolteon, Thundurus-T, or Air Balloon Magnezone. The three can all dish out massive amounts of damage onto water-types that wall Druddigon completely while also including a status that can cripple Chansey and Blissey out into another pokemon. Another partner is ironically, a pokemon that can 2HKO Druddigon itself! Starmie with it's BoltBeam combo can scare a lot of Water-types and Dragon-types that aren't Choiced into sheer terror. Also, it can spin off any Stealth Rocks or Spikes that might have landed during the course of Druddigon being alive for a short or long period of time.

[This set took me a few hours of analyzing and discovering but I hope this set works and I hope that it can work out for your team as well. If there is any improvements I can make to it, let me now and thanks for reading! ^^]

Right, my midnight arithmetic needs work. Actually I got it right though, I just mistyped both the starting and the ending stat. Figures lol...

Thanks Kidogo, I'll change that in my post. I'm dumb for not applying the 10% boost to the largest stat, I've just seen 16+ speed elsewhere for base 70s and blindly copied.

Edit: I just realized your post says 96 speed instead of 112. 108 is really all that's needed for jolly loom and timid toed so I'll use that and dump the rest in hp and spa. My old spread just had 264 speed because 263 is impossible with timid without lowering the IV.

Last edited:

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I checked the op and realised this giant threat hasn't been posted.

Victreebel@life orb
Trait: Chlorophyl
EVs: 252 sp.atk 252 spe 4 atk/hp
Timid/Naive Nature
-Growth
-Solarbeem/Giga Drain/Power Whip
-Weather Ball
-Sludge Bomb/Sleep Powder/HP Ground/HP Ice

This is my favourite sun sweeper in every tier. It may seem to be completely outclassed by venusaur but it has 1 move in which venusaur craves; weather ball. Weather ball is an amazing move on a weather sweeper and it makes victreebel viable in OU as it is stronger that hp fire and can be useful in other weathers as well. Victreebel has less bulk than venusaur but has same spatk but more atk so a mix set is viable espicially if you want the strength of power whip but dont want it to be bad in other weathers. For the last slot it is between sleep powder, easier set up, sludge bomb, strong stab and coverage or hp ground, for heatran. Hp ice is good if you want to hit the gragons for better damge because they resist your main two moves. The worst part of victreebel is its low speed, making it more essential for a + speed nature. I know venusaur can run practically the same set but ground coverage less useful than fire. (also just look at that badass sprite).

edit: added hp ice

Last edited:

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Unfortunately, Victreebel suffers from an unimpressive base 70 speed. That means that even in the sun, Scarf Terrakion, Keldeo, and Latios all outspeed you can can KO with the appropriate move. And since Latios and Terrakion are already such huge threats to sun teams, it's probably better to just choose Venusaur. Also, I would probably slash HP Ice / Ground with Sludge Bomb, since Weather Ball frees up your HP to hit Dragons / Heatran.

Unfortunately, Victreebel suffers from an unimpressive base 70 speed. That means that even in the sun, Scarf Terrakion, Keldeo, and Latios all outspeed you can can KO with the appropriate move. And since Latios and Terrakion are already such huge threats to sun teams, it's probably better to just choose Venusaur. Also, I would probably slash HP Ice / Ground with Sludge Bomb, since Weather Ball frees up your HP to hit Dragons / Heatran.
i believe +speed nature Victreebel outspeeds Scarf Keldeo and Terrakion. i still gets outsped by latios though :/

Also you need to slash HP ice in the last slot, since victreebel's major advantage over venusaur is its ability to run grass / fire / ice coverage. Otherwise, venusaur can just run hp fire > weather ball and be bulkier, faster, and stronger...

Scotti

we back.

Lilligant (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 Spd / 4 SAtk / 252 Hp
Timid Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Leaf Storm / Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Rock] / Stun Spore
- Healing Wish / Synthesis

This set is pretty good on sun teams. It is more of a support set than an offensive set though it still has great attacking prowess with Leaf Storm and Hp Rock to hit fire and flying types. Sleep Powder is great because you get to sleep one of your opponents pokemon, and either way thats great. Healing Wish is such a great move on this set, since it allows you to heal your teammate, by taking your own pokemon out. I make seem kinda stupid, but when you about to lose the last little bit of your health, you can use Healing Wish and bam your ready to sweep with another pokemon. I really like this set its really fun to use and it works. You may ask why use it over Venusaur well, 1) your not really suppose to sweep with this set, its more support than sweep. 2) This thing outspeed all the thing Venusaur normally can't outspeed and alot more. I hope you find good use of this set.

PDC

street spirit fade out
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion

Tangrowth @ Life Orb
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SAtk
Naughty Nature
- Power Whip
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice] / Hidden Power [Fire]
- Growth

This guy is seriously one of the most amazing Sun sweepers I have ever used. Tangrowth is an amazingly powerful Mixed sweeper on a Sun team, and it completely wrecks most of the common checks to other common Chlorophyll users. I remember an old friend of mine, DialaceStarvy, introduced me to Tangrowth in BW1, and it surely was one of the best sweepers I have ever used. It wrecked stall, absolutely destroyed most weatherless teams who carried things like Choice Band Dragonite as their Sun check, and did a huge amount to Rain teams as well. Tangrowth can tank almost every single priority move in the game thanks to its very solid HP and Defense stats, meaning most ExtremeSpeeds and Bullet Punches don't bother it too much. If you don't believe how insanely strong Tangrowth is, I will list some calcs on some of the common switches to Tangrowth at the end of the post, and show how powerful this monster is once it hits +2. With Hidden Power Ice you do lose a little coverage against steels like Scizor, but a +2 Earthquake still does a very impressive 75.29% - 88.66% to the standard 248 / 0 Choice Band set, and considering how most Scizor are usually tormented by hazards early on, it is not very likely it will be healthy enough to take the Earthquake comfortably. Ninetails is obviously a mandatory partner to this type of Tangrowth, but it also appreciates some additional sun sweepers as well. Since Tangrowth often abolishes Choice Band Dragonite, Volcorona is a very solid partner who appreciates one of its biggest checks being dead. Stealth Rock is extremely helpful as always, and Spikes also gives Tangrowth the extra push to KO most of its usual checks or counters.

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Tangrowth Power Whip vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Latias: 254-300 (84.1 - 99.33%)
+2 4 SpA Life Orb Tangrowth Hidden Power Ice vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Multiscale Dragonite: 286-338 (88.27 - 104.32%) -- 25% chance to OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Tangrowth Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Jirachi: 517-611 (127.97 - 151.23%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 4 SpA Life Orb Tangrowth Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 236+ SpD Celebi in sun: 312-369 (77.22 - 91.33%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Laugh at me while you can, but I actually believe Bisharp to be a pretty lethal late game sweeper, or potent revenge killer (considering he could force them out in a sense, being choiced sweepers or w/e). One awesome trait about him, is in fact Defiant, which surprisingly lets him take on Landorus-T...who is pretty common in the OU metagame nowadays. Of course though, it takes a deal of prediction to use effectively, as they say, sucker punch or die lol. Lastly, he can do a pretty cool job in setting up on Blissey/Chansey/Ferrothorn, while offering some nice resistances to lati-twins, also not to mention his moves pack a punch when they hit!
Bisharp

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Trait: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Low Kick
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

again, he has his downsides, but when used correctly, he can cause devastating effects!
SD Bisharp is indeed a viable sweeper in OU but i prefer this set:

Bisharp @ Dread Plate
Trait: Defiant
EVs: 164 HP / 252 Atk / 92 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Night Slash
- Low Kick

Bisharp actually has decent physical bulk which allows it to tank a couple of Outrages in order to setup and the EV spread helps him do that. 92 Spe EVs are used to outspeed 0 Spe Gyarados and by extension most specially defensive Heatran and CB Tyranitar. Between 199 Speed and 239 Speed there are SpD Rotom-W, Thunder SpD Jirachi, max HP / max Def Lando-T, SpD Kyu-B, Adamant SD Scizor, and other max Speed neutral natured base 70s such as Politoed and Breloom. Out of those Pokemon SpD Thunder Jirachi, Lando-T, and max Speed Politoed are taken care of by Sucker Punch, SpD Kyu-B can only hit with a resisted Ice Beam before getting OHKOed by +2 Low Kick, and Breloom beats Bisharp anyway thanks to Mach Punch and a resistance to Sucker Punch. So, the only Pokemon that max Speed would be useful for are SpD Rotom-W and Adamant SD Scizor. I personally think that the extra bulk is worth it and here are some calcs to convince you:
  • 0 Atk Hippowdon Earthquake vs. 164 HP / 0 Def Bisharp: 236-282 (75.64 - 90.38%) -- guaranteed 2HKO, never a OHKO even after SR while Bisharp usually 2HKOes even physically defensive variants with Sucker Punch (on the first EQ) followed up by Night Slash: +2 Sucker Punch vs Hippowdon = 50.95 - 60.23% -- 89.06% chance to 2HKO. +2 Night Slash vs Hippowdon 44.52 - 52.85% -- guaranteed 3HKO
  • 0 Atk Hippowdon Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Bisharp: 236-282 (87.08 - 104.05%) -- 56.25% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
  • 252 SpA Life Orb Latias Hidden Power Fire vs. 164 HP / 0 SpD Bisharp: 237-281 (75.96 - 90.06%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
  • 252 SpA Life Orb Latias Hidden Power Fire vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Bisharp: 237-281 (87.45 - 103.69%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
  • 252 Atk Kyurem-B Fusion Bolt vs. 164 HP / 0 Def Bisharp: 134-158 (42.94 - 50.64%) -- 3.13% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock. This means that from health you can switch-in and setup against Scarf Kyu-B and then OHKO it with +2 Sucker Punch after SR (Sucker Punch: 85.16 - 100.51%)
  • 252 Atk Kyurem-B Fusion Bolt vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Bisharp: 134-158 (49.44 - 58.3%) -- 98.83% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
  • 252 Atk Choice Band Terrakion Stone Edge vs. 164 HP / 0 Def Bisharp: 122-144 (39.1 - 46.15%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock. Able to setup Swords Dance against CB Terrakion locked into Stone Edge and then OHKO it with Low Kick.
  • 252 Atk Choice Band Terrakion Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Bisharp: 122-144 (45.01 - 53.13%) -- 33.2% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
Those are just the most concrete evidence as to why the extra bulk is the way to go. Tanking better priority and any weak hits while setting up is definitely a plus too. Dread Plate conserves Bisharp's decent bulk and lets it sweep or weaken teams even with a sliver of its health left. Dread Plate is mostly enough to get the job done anyway as you can see below:
  • +2 252+ Atk Dread Plate Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Garchomp: 349-412 (97.48 - 115.08%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
  • +2 252+ Atk Dread Plate Bisharp Night Slash vs. 244 HP / 40+ Def Gliscor: 213-252 (60.51 - 71.59%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
  • +2 252+ Atk Dread Plate Bisharp Night Slash vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 187-222 (44.52 - 52.85%) -- guaranteed 3HKO (that's a useful 2HKO that Dread Plate misses on but with LO you die after one EQ and 1 LO round anyway, so Dread Plate is better there)
  • +2 252+ Atk Dread Plate Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 252 HP / 240 Def Tentacruel: 349-412 (95.87 - 113.18%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
  • +2 252+ Atk Dread Plate Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Jirachi: 334-394 (82.67 - 97.52%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Swords Dance Scizor is a very good partner to lure and weaken Keldeo and put it to KO range of Sucker Punch after tanking a +2 Bullet Punch, one of Bisharp's biggest problems. Spikes also really help too, as they help 2HKO Pokemon such as physically defensive Hippo and OHKO SpD Jirachi.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)