Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Banded / Scarfed

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Poison heal sub punch

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Something else

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters
:sv/breloom: :sv/iron moth: :sv/corviknight: :sv/hatterene: :sv/Garganacl: :sv/gholdengo:

Intro

I've used a lot of underated Mons on my team, but I'm fed up. Fed up of using half decent Mons and getting little out of it, barely raising my elo, if it does at all! It's about time I create one of those teams with a bunch of random OU Mons on a team, and just hope it works.
( This is what I like to call, "doing a daevank5")

Paste

https://pokepast.es/c8ef12e943aa053d

:Breloom: :iron moth: :poke ball: :poke ball: :poke ball: :poke ball:
I started off with this offensive core, since they seemed to both hit quite hard, and are a formidable force together. These two force progress Vs bulkier teams and support each other well.

:Breloom: :iron moth: :corviknight: :poke ball: :poke ball: :poke ball:
Corv is great support for these two, getting rid of hazards which these , and being a good pivot that helps these two defensively.

:Breloom: :iron moth: :corviknight: :hatterene: :poke ball: :poke ball:
Hat helped further with the hazard problem, and spread paras to help these to clean. I can come in as a backup special check in some cases.

:Breloom: :iron moth: :corviknight: :hatterene: :Garganacl: :poke ball:
Garg is a solid rocker, and helps to chip things down with salt cure, and also provided a status absorber and a backup ghold check after tera.

:Breloom: :iron moth: :corviknight: :hatterene: :Garganacl: :gholdengo:

ghold is a garg check, set up sweeper, a Mon to keep hazards up, and a backup defensive mon

The Team

:Sv/breloom:
Mushy man (Breloom) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 124 HP / 252 Atk / 132 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Spore
- Rock Tomb
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch

Breloom was the Mon I wanted to base the team around. It's a solid cleaner, revenge killer, and breaker. Spore can let other Mons come in safely, and even just set up in it's face. Bullet seed is a strong STAB option, making use of technician. Rock tomb is nice coverage for loom, hitting and flying types it might struggle with ( d-nite in particular ), and volcarona. You can run some more speed evs ( 132 is to outspeed :rotom wash:, or you could run max and jolly to outspeed adamant :dragonite:, ). It's not really fast enough to get something out of max speed.

:Sv/iron moth:
Metal Moth (Iron Moth) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fiery Dance
- Sludge Wave
- U-turn
- Energy Ball

Moth here is the other half of the offensive core, covering the special half, hitting most things that loom doesn't hit hard. This thing gets a lot of coverage, but I supprisingly don't see a lot of people running U-turn, I mean it's U-turn! Apart from this, it's a pretty standard set. Specs gave us that additional power boost to break through walls with ease, since our hazard removal works well enough for this thing to be able to come in consistently. This thing is disgusting late game, especially if it's faster than all the other Mons on the field. Fiery dance > flamethrower for a possible additional power boost.

:Sv/corviknight:

Biggest birb (Corviknight) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs : 0 Spe
- Roost
- Defog
- U-turn
- Brave Bird

This is a pretty standard corv here. I've started liking brave bird over body press on corv to hit ghosts, and any unsuspecting fighting, grass, or bug type. It gave the team a pivot to bring in the offensive core, a bulky wall that can switch in to most of the pairs weaknesses well, and a hazard removal, since the offensive pair hates rocks and spikes. Tera ground hell's against electric types, which can be an issue for the team ( LO sandy in particular).

:Sv/hatterene:

Mad hatter (Hatterene) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Draining Kiss
- Nuzzle
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind / Mystical Fire

This is our final Mon for warding off hazards, hazards are the meta so I'm doing anything I can to keep them off the field. Nuzzle lets our offensive pair easily clean, and it's just useful to spread status. This thing is a check to many of the tiers walls, including dozo (to some extent), clod, d-nite, tusk, loom, gambit after tera, and so many more! It's got the possibility to clean late game game with calm mind, but mystical fire is useful to hit bulky steels.

:sv/garganacl:

Minecraft (Garganacl) @ Leftovers
Ability: Purifying Salt
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Calm Nature
- Salt Cure
- Recover
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake

Garg is this team's rocker, and an overall solid wall. Tera water is a solid defensive typing with minimal weaknesses, and shuts down ghold. You don't really need to run BP anymore since :chien pao: is gone, so I'm running EQ for clod and ghold's that run cloak. You can run 44 Atk EVs to guarantee a 2HKO on fully offensive ghold. This thing is our mixed wall, to shut down and chip most somewhat weak Mons ( any Mons without boosting items, or Mons that doesn't hit it with SE damage).

44 Atk Garganacl Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Gholdengo: 158-186 (50.1 - 59%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

:Sv/Gholdengo:

Cheese string (Gholdengo) @ Covert Cloak
Ability: Good as Gold
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Recover
- Make It Rain
- Shadow Ball

Ghold was the last Mon I decided to put on the team, a bulky sweeper to take advantage of Hatt's paras, and an overall strong bulky Mon. It's another status absorber, as well as a defog blocker if we need it. It's got a solid defensive typing to check a variety of Mons. Steel ghost is one of the best type combos, both offensively and defensively. This thing cleans most games with np and STAB

Threats

:sv/sandy shocks:

this thing is a menace on paper, but I haven't fought it yet. The best solution is to overwhelm it with offense, and deny entry for it as much as possible. Mainly with loom's bullet seed.

:sv/skeledirge:

skele can easily spiral out of control, since we don't have a lot of checks to this, sub variants in particular are annoying. The best way to deal with it is to spore it with loom, then go hard ghold or garg.

:sv/pelipper: :sv/floatzel: :sv/barraskewda:

rain is an overall bad MU, your best bet is to tera garg.

:Sv/Baxcalibur: :sv/grimmsnarl:

Bax behind screens is quite hard to stop, especially if it's got ice shard to beat loom. The best thing to do is tera hatt

+1 252 Atk Baxcalibur Icicle Spear (4 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Tera Water Hatterene: 100-120 (31.4 - 37.7%) -- approx. 88.9% chance to 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

:cheem-pao:

This thing would be an issue, but thank got it's banned now!

Replays

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1807627325-uo50y5widjsnyknfmxlu2erre7fcyeupwA tough MU Vs stall, but :gholdengo: sweeps after we waste blissey's recovers and beat :clodsire: with :Garganacl:'s Eqs.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1807292839--- a slightly shorter battle, but moth proves it's worth threatening out a few mons, and near trades with pult.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1808013458 --- another W Vs a weird naclstack stall, between ghold and garg it's a pretty easy MU.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1808043399--- Vs corv + gastro defensive core with sub-skele. Loom cleans after skele and corv are gone.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1808061419-mucd8k480c1e25ntcwplkvwmsp4ortnpw ---- we lose loom turn 1 to aerial ace :breloom:, but we turn it around after we remove :greninja:, and ghold cleans again

Edit: first two replays don't work, idk why.

I'll add an extra replay or two at some point.

Conclusion

This team actually did pretty well, getting me up 100 or 200 elo. I hope you have fun using this team and that it gets you higher on the ladder. There's quite a few threats though that could mess it up, but that's where I hope you guys will help me. Please give me any advice you can give, and as always, thanks in advance!

Last edited:

memesketch

won't look back, i must shine
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Not sure how much you value Spore on Breloom, but in my experience Close Combat is pretty important to CB Breloom as its most reliable breaking tool, and it lands crucial OHKOs on some threats your team struggles with, like Orthworm and Garganacl. For CB Loom, Spore is useful on offensive teams that rely on setup and need the free turns, but your team is more defensively oriented – it can more easily exert control over the game without needing to put something to sleep, and I'd say it benefits more from Breloom's full breaking power. Since Rock Tomb snipes a lot of Iron Moth's checks, I'd put CC over Spore. In a similar sense, I would experiment with Overheat on Iron Moth, hits like a truck and really helps vs offense in particular by OHKOing stuff like Gholdengo through Tera and Baxcalibur. Fiery Dance still a very viable option for the reliability and snowballing potential though, so more up to personal preference. Really like the team overall, feel free to take or leave my suggestions. Good luck as you continue to climb ladder!

Not sure how much you value Spore on Breloom, but in my experience Close Combat is pretty important to CB Breloom as its most reliable breaking tool, and it lands crucial OHKOs on some threats your team struggles with, like Orthworm and Garganacl. For CB Loom, Spore is useful on offensive teams that rely on setup and need the free turns, but your team is more defensively oriented – it can more easily exert control over the game without needing to put something to sleep, and I'd say it benefits more from Breloom's full breaking power. Since Rock Tomb snipes a lot of Iron Moth's checks, I'd put CC over Spore. In a similar sense, I would experiment with Overheat on Iron Moth, hits like a truck and really helps vs offense in particular by OHKOing stuff like Gholdengo through Tera and Baxcalibur. Fiery Dance still a very viable option for the reliability and snowballing potential though, so more up to personal preference. Really like the team overall, feel free to take or leave my suggestions. Good luck as you continue to climb ladder!
Thanks for the advice! I found myself not using spore too much, but I wasn't sure what to replace it with. I'll try using cc for the extra breaking power.

Overheat might be am interesting option over energy ball and tera grass, since I'm not clicking it a lot since I've normally locked myself into a STAB move, so overheat will be a nice move to get some suprise KOs.

Bumping, and saying :walking wake: now exists, and now a threat to the team. The best thing to do is run max SpDef :garganacl:, and tera immediately

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)