SM OU Looking for opinion on my offensive team.

I played competitive pokemon for quite some time. I enjoy having my pokemon outspeed most of my opponents team, so I made team that have above 100 base speed. What do you think of it?

Garchomp:

I use my tank Garchomp mainly to set up stealth rock, use toxic and wear down my physical pokemon. Rough Skin, in tandem with Rocky Helmet, aims to chip a big chunk of damage from U-turn users and physical attackers that make contact with Garchomp. Fire Blast aims to hit Kartana, Ferrothorn, and Mega Scizor, all of which completely wall this set without it.

Landshark (Garchomp) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Toxic

Blacephalon:

Despite its frailty choice specs Blacephalon finds its use as a late game sweeper or to break through some key pokemon. Hidden Power Ground allows Blacephalon to 2HKO Choice Band Tyranitar and is being a safe option against Heatran. Trick is meant to cripple Chansey on the switch in the stall matchup, which makes it easier for Blacephalon's teammates to break through it.

Disco (Blacephalon) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Trick

Keldeo-Resolute:

Most of the time calm mind Keldeo is my opening pokemon to prevent my opponent from setting entry hazard and to threat Greninja. Calm Mind in conjunction with Taunt allows Keldeo to set up repeatedly on passive foes like Toxapex, Chansey, and Celesteela, meaning it can easily break through bulkier teams. It also stops them from draining Keldeo's health with Toxic and Leech Seed and prevents them from healing themselves. Furthermore, it shuts down Unaware Quagsire and Pyukumuku, turning Keldeo into an effective stallbreaker.

Unicorn (Keldeo-Resolute) @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Taunt

Kartana:

Swords dance Kartana is my second win condition beside Pinsir it ability to outspeed and do neutral damage to almost every pokemon is essential. Sacred Sword provides valuable coverage against Steel-type Pokemon such as Heatran and Ferrothorn, which would otherwise wall this set. Giga Impact allows Kartana to break past some of its most common checks in Tornadus-T, Zapdos, Tangrowth, and Volcarona when used with Normalium Z.

Origami (Kartana) @ Normalium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Giga Impact

Ninetales-Alola:

Surprisingly aurora veil Alolan Ninetales can find some use outside of setting aurora veil, in checking Tapu Fini and dragon types. Freeze-Dry allows Alolan Ninetales to have an excellent matchup versus rain—a playstyle that commonly gives offensive teams a headache—by hitting Pelipper, Mega Swampert, and Kingdra 4x super effectively, and it also means Gyarados can't use Alolan Ninetales as setup fodder. Hypnosis shuts down Pokemon that attempt to set up in front of Alolan Ninetales like Volcarona and Mega Tyranitar while also creating free turns for teammates.

Mr.Fox (Ninetales-Alola) (M) @ Light Clay
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Aurora Veil
- Freeze-Dry
- Hypnosis
- Moonblast

Pinsir:

Pinsir is the main win condition of this team, though it requires some support the payoff is worth the trouble. Hyper Cutter is the pre-Mega ability of choice because it allows Mega Pinsir to bypass Intimidate on the turn it Mega Evolves. Close Combat means that Steel- and Rock-types like Celesteela, Heatran, Magearna, and Tyranitar as well as Rotom-W aren't untouchable for Mega Pinsir.

Stag Beetle (Pinsir) @ Pinsirite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Return
- Quick Attack
- Close Combat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)