Now I don't know where the Hell I'm at

You are
so much

stronger
than you
think

Team Preview :

Introduction

Hello GingerNinja here, welcome to my latest monotype RMT featuring an defensive Normal Monotype team. For this time I steered away from my usual preference of playstyle focusing on a more bulkier lineup using the fat underrated Mega Audino. Having been inspired by playing the lower tiers I wanted to adopt Calm Mind Audino and Subsitute Calm Mind Meloetta into a lineup.

After speaking to some friends in the Pokemon FIR facebook communities and the Showdown Leagues I am associated with, I decided upon the final additions to my squad and began testing and experimenting. The team itself has changed a lot over the design process, ultimately choosing specific spreads and sets for a few of my pokemon, I felt this change was something I felt more comfortable with and largely got the most out of those pokemon in the end.

Quite often Ill switch between a few specific moves inbetween casual games with friends, Tours and for Laddering, mostly this was Toxic / Thunder Wave on Chansey / Porygon 2 and my Meloetta Set.

Matchup wise, Dark and Steel, especially steel teams with Doublade give the biggest grief. I'm still in the process of debating about using Diggersby over Ditto just to assist vs Steel in general however I shall test that at a later date.

Huge thanks to everyone who helped to test my team and gave advice over the lengthy design process :)

I audino what else to say really :p

Audino formed the first part of my team and functions as my mega evolution of choice, while being an usual underrated choice it has some nice advantages that Lopunny and Pidgeot do not have in mega form. Not only can Mega Audino function as a scout for knock off which keeps Chansey and Porygon 2 safe, It has a nice utility in regenerator which it can abuse while scouting for Knock Off, lastly it also pressures Fighting, Dragon and Dark and late game is a great wincon if given the chance to get a Calm Mind or two.

Having a strong Fighting check + Knock Off bait made Audino a desirable option on top of neutralising Normal's Fighting weakness and keeping Eviolite around for longer.

Meloetta complements Audino well, Audino pressures Dark types and punishes Knock Off abuse which Meloetta appreciates while Meloetta in turn pressures Steel type and Poison type pokemon with Focus Blast and Psyshock respectfully aiding Audino which creates some nice synergy in my core. Like Audino before it, Meloetta also takes neutral damage from fighting attacks which the team greatly appreciates in general.

Having a secondary Calm Mind wincon user + opting for a faster spread for Meloetta to deal with Breloom easier made my specific spread more useful than that of the standard Bold set which would ordinarily get spored by Breloom before doing anything forcing a switch out forfeiting any boosts in turn.

Opting for a fatter Meloetta set ensured I could deal with Terrakion and friends in the fighting matchup.

Opting for a fairly passive core in general, Ditto was added to give my core a much needed aggressive scarfer so I could deal with set up sweepers while also taking advantage of defensive pokemon stealing Entry Hazards and also Defog support whenever needed while also having the useful utility in seeing the sets of any pokemon that I copied which is an incredibly powerful psychological advantage in itself as knowledge is power.

Lastly Ditto gave me the option of hard switching into Spore with Breloom or blocking Will O Wisp / Toxic / Thunderwave when copying pokemon of those natural type elements putting slightly less pressure on Chansey.

Porygon2 is another bulky Pokemon on my team and is the first of the eviolite twins, which forms a defensive core with Chansey and provides support against Physical Attackers. Porygon2 works well against Ground and Flying Monotypes as there isn't much to break it, and it can Ice Beam / Discharge / Foul Play its way through with only Zapdos walling it potentially. Porygon is great for paralysing many threats and dealing damage with Bolt Beam + Foul Play coverage.

Chansey was added for my second eviolite wall, status soaking, spreading Toxic and as a reliable Rocksetter in general.

Chansey still stands out as one of the best walls in the game, its generic role hasn't changed since generation 1. With stellar HP and Special Defense, Chansey is able to sponge hits and then force out powerful special attackers such as Thundurus and Mega Charizard Y. Chansey's lack of Defense is somewhat alleviated by the use of Eviolite, further improving her tanking capabilities and allowing her to force switches which allows for toxic to punish set up sweepers switching in.

Staraptor was added in the final slot for defog support and with Intimidate + Feather Dance I could ensure I could weaken physical attackers. Raptor provided me with yet another Fighting check as well as a key Ground check in the team + a key remover in Breloom and opposing Fighting, Bug and Grass pokemon in general.

Rather then go max Hp and Def, I opted for a specific spread to ensure I could counter and check opposing Breloom and opposing positive nature base 70 pokemon which arguably was more useful.

Team Description

Audino (F) @ Audinite
Ability: Regenerator
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spa
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Dazzling Gleam / Draining Kiss
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Maximum Defense and HP investment and a Bold nature increase Mega Audino's physical bulk because Calm Mind boosts Mega Audino's Special Defense. Audinite boosts Audino's bulk all-around and gives it a useful Fairy typing. Regenerator is super useful pre-Mega Evolution because it allows Audino to shrug off damage and recover health for later in the match.

The choice of when to Mega Evolving Audino is usually best until later in the match so it is able to take advantage of Regenerator. After Mega Evolving, Mega Audino is better equipped to take on Dragon, Fighting and Dark-types so keep this in mind when choosing the specific time to Mega Evolve.

Hp evs are an odd number to reduce Entry Hazard, Poison, Burn and Leechseed damage which regenerator appreciates pre mega while 0 Atk ivs are used to reduce Confusion and Foul Play damage.

I originally was testing Draining Kiss just for that extra bit of recovery for the Fighting Matchup however the weak power didn't end up being useful in most games to warrant it, as such it was later replaced for Dazzling Gleam.

Meloetta @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 72 Def / 184 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast / ShadowBall / Thunderbolt

Substitute keeps Meloetta from being affected by any status moves and allows it to safely set up Calm Mind. Calm Mind boosts Meloetta's Special Attack and Special Defense by one stage, making its attacks more powerful while also granting increased bulk against special attackers. Psyshock helps Meloetta break through special walls and hit Chansey and the rare Florges.

Focus Blast is used over Shadowball and Thunderbolt instead to provide coverage against Dark, Ice, Normal, and Steel-types such as Bisharp, Avalugg, Chansey, and Ferrothorn at the cost of coverage for Ghost- and Psychic-types. Focus Blast also aids greatly in the Dark and Steel matchups which can be fairly tricky if not careful.

* Because I just wanted to just outspeed base 81 speed for Gyarados as my benchmark, I put remaining evs in def for that extra defence, having them in special attack could also work.

Ev Spread Details

I opted to just outspeed base 81 to have remaining evs in def for a little bit extra defence for specific matchups, this change did help in many matches.

* Outspeeds up to base 81 positive speed nature, Gyarados by 1 point.

* Creates 101 Hp Substitutes, can freely set up vs Clefable and Slowbro and win calm mind wars taking Scald / Moonblast respectfully under a substitute and will only need + 2 Sp Atk to break past standard Heatran with Focus Blast. It can also freely set up vs a number of walls. Most importantly it can also set up 1 v 1 vs opposing Chansey and Porygon 2 lacking Foul Play in the mirror matchup.

0 SpA Clefable Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Meloetta: 79-94 (19.5 - 23.2%) -- possible 6HKO after Leftovers recovery

0 SpA Slowbro Scald vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Meloetta: 70-84 (17.3 - 20.7%) -- possible 7HKO after Leftovers recovery

+2 0 SpA Meloetta Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Heatran: 406-478 (105.1 - 123.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

* Its also worth noting just by having 252 Hp investment + some minor def, Scarf Terrakion and Specs Keldeo are managed very easily respectfully giving me the option to remove one in 1 v 1 matchups if need be.

252 Atk Terrakion Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 72 Def Meloetta: 222-262 (54.9 - 64.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Terrakion Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Meloetta: 202-238 (50 - 58.9%) -- 73.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Secret Sword vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Meloetta: 258-304 (63.8 - 75.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Meloetta: 217-256 (53.7 - 63.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

* I originally was using Thunderbolt however after switching to Discharge on Porygon2, I felt coverage vs Steel was of more importance and as such made that change as such Focus Blast was taken.

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
Happiness: 0
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def / 0 Spe
- Transform

A Choice Scarf is used so that Ditto is able to Speed tie with opposing Choice Scarf users and deal with set up users turning ditto into a late game wincon, as well as outspeed non-Choice Scarf users. The given IVs give Ditto Hidden Power Ice which assist in the Flying and Electric matchups dealing with Thunderus / Thunderus T and Zapdos due to the decline of Hp Fire Magneton and Magnezone in the Steel and Electric matchup.

0 Speed IVs allow Ditto to transform after opposing Ditto, making my Ditto unable to transform into them but at least stay with Transform's 16 PP compared to their copied moves of 5 PP. This, along with a Relaxed nature, also helps with Struggle wars against opposing Ditto in those rare mirror matchups.

Hp evs are odd to reduce Entry Hazard, Poison, Burn and Leechseed damage respectfully.

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 SpD
Bold Nature
- Discharge / Thunder Wave
- Foul Play
- Ice Beam
- Recover

Porygon2 has an amazing defensive ability in Trace, allowing it to use the foe's ability against it. It has great 85 / 90 / 95 bulk that is further augmented by Eviolite, combined with Bolt Beam + Foul Play, Porygon has alot of nice utility in a standard game spreading paralysis and abusing coverage.

Spread wise I opted for the UU mixed spread to have a good mixed spread that dealt with many threats, in some instances this did help somewhat. The specific EV spread of 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 SpD with a Bold nature allows Porygon2 to tank physical hits better while still retaining a good bit of special bulk, I found this superior over the suggested calm and bold spreads.

Hp evs are odd to reduce Entry Hazard, Poison, Burn and Leechseed damage while 0 atk ivs reduce Confusion and Foul Play damage.

I opted for Discharge over Thunderwave to assist in the Flying and Water matchups to limit switchins with that sweet Electric / Dark / Ice coverage while also dealing with Taunt and Mega Diancie / Espeon swichins respectfully which was an immense help in many games.

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 8 Hp / 252 Def / 248 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic / Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss

The given EVs maximize Chansey's physical and special bulk. 248 in Special Defense maximizes Chansey's capabilities as a special wall, and a Bold nature is the best one to make Chansey as physically bulky as possible with the remaining evs in Hp to ensure an odd number, because I wanted Chansey to have an odd number of HP and not waste an evs this was the chosen spread as to not take away from her defence.

Chansey's main jobs are tanking hits and spreading status and ensuring that Stealth Rock can be used many times throughout the match. Toxic was taken over Thunder Wave to pressure set up sweepers and to deal with electric pokemon easier such as zapdos putting pokemon on a timer.

Hp evs are odd to reduce Entry Hazard, Poison, Burn and Leechseed damage while 0 Atk ivs are used to reduce Confusion and Foul Play damage and lastly 30 Sp Ivs were taken to underspeed opposing Chansey by 1 point for those rare stall mirror matches ensuring opposing chansey will struggle before mine.

Staraptor (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 152 Def / 108 Spe
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Feather Dance / U-turn
- Defog
- Roost

My Staraptor is running a specific bulky set to provide team support with its access to Intimidate and Defog, being the only viable option for removing entry hazards on Normal-type teams. With its Flying typing, Staraptor gains a neutrality against Fighting-type attacks and becomes able to check types such as Bug, Fighting, and Grass, along with being a good switch-in to Ground-type attacks, especially against Choice item users locked into a Ground-type attack such as Landorus-T, Excadrill, and Diggersby.

* EVs let it outspeed positive nature speed pokemon up to base 70 speed pokemon such as Breloom by 1 point which is great in the fighting matchup.

Hp evs are odd to allow raptor to switch into rocks up to 5 times ( Dies on the 5th so it can be a sack if at full HP which does come in handy ) and lastly reduces Poison, Burn and Leechseed damage.

Rocky Helmet was chosen over Leftovers just so it can pressure and damage threats when its used as a sack, this came very useful in dealing with many matchups and arguably found it more useful than leftovers especially when it can remove multiscale and pressure low hp belly Azu which is huge on its own.

Feather Dance later replaced U-turn to help in the Steel matchup dealing with threats like Mega Scizor easier while also pressuring many physical pokemon which the rest of the team appreciates.

Re-Edit, I have adopted and taken Specs Meloetta to improve my matchup adding in some much needed offensive power as per the previous suggestions, cheers everyone :)

Importable Team

Audino (F) @ Audinite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spa
Bold Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Meloetta @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 72 Def / 184 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def / 0 Spe
- Transform

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 SpD
Bold Nature
- Discharge
- Foul Play
- Ice Beam
- Recover

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 8 Hp / 248 Def / 248 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss

Staraptor (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 152 Def / 108 Spe
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Feather Dance
- Defog
- Roost

Special Thanks

The FIR mentor community
Pokemon Fire Island Ruins
Pokemon Central
Charles, Eric and Damon for testing the team on the ladder

Threats

Breloom is the bane of slower teams and of many Normal types in general, with access to a 100% accurate sleep move + Mach Punch, it can often be annoying to deal with despite Ditto, Meloetta and Staraptor being around. Once Rocks are up, Meloetta and Staraptor can land the final blow after its taken prior damage to break Focus Sash ensuring its death.

Mega Medicham is a huge threat to the team in general, with the ability to take out almost any Normal type in one High Jump Kick it is a threat that must be played around carefully. Both Staraptor and Mega Audino can take 1 Hi Jump kick and deal coverage damage to remove it but cant switch in directly. However Ditto can copy it and proceed to sweep the Fighting matchup if Scarf Terrakion is removed beforehand.

Both Scarf Terrakion and Keldeo can be problematic for my team to deal with due to the defensive nature of many of my pokemon, however Mega Audino can freely hard switch into Terrakion once at full HP forcing a potential switch, for Keldeo switching into Mega Audino to bait Hydro Pump and then switching into another pokemon like chansey can be a way to deal with choice Keldeo forcing switches. Both those pokemon are threats however they can be dealt with.

Doublade in Steel monos can be a huge issue to remove due to being immune to Fighting. A well timed Doublade with Swords Dance can be an early game, however both Porygon2 With Foul Play and being faster can seal its fate and if desperate Ditto can steal its boosts to go for a late game win. Because of the defensive nature of my team, letting them set up for free in front of Audino can be great wincon with ditto. In ghost Teams, I just need Stealthrock up early as possible, force the swords dance and then I can win at that point in the game.

Last edited:

iLlama

Nothing personal, I protect my people
Hey GingerNinja87, you have a really nice team, but I see ways it can be improved. I'll give you a rate and hopefully help you and your team out!

I like the fact that your utilizing Mega Audino on your Normal team, rather than the usual M-Pidgeot or M-Lopunny. But because of this, Steel becomes a much more difficult matchup. With that in mind, I would suggest you change Calm Mind to Fire Blast to not only help manage your Steel issues, but also because you are already utilizing a Calm Mind Set-Up mon in Meloetta. This would allow M-Audino to bait in some unsuspecting Steel types and even do some nice damage in the process. Now with regards to Meloetta, the set overall is fine, but your team is severely lacking reliable damage output. So at this point, there are two choices; either change Meloetta's EVs from 252 HP to 252 SpA or use a Choice Specs variant.
Meloetta @ Choice Specs
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast

Meloetta @ Choice Specs
EVs: 64 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 188 Spe
Modest Nature
- Energy Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
The first set allows you to keep your form of Set-Up on your team while giving Meloetta a bigger punch. While your moves are limited with this set, you have a Sucker Punch bait and Stallbreak option in Substitute and high damage potential with Calm Mind. The latter set allows for wider coverage for more teams, especially Water, Ground, Flying, etc., and also provides a much greater guaranteed damage output. In fact, a Choice Specs set also works well with your Knock Off bait switch into Audino. Audino's Fire Blast and Dazzling Gleam then create a reliable 2HKO on dangerous Knock Off mons such a Bisharp and more reliable KO potential through Sleep Talk on Breloom. Moving on, I began to notice your team really lacks Physical damage output, in fact, you only have two Physical attacks, not including Seismic Toss on Chansey. Because of this, you should use Diggersby over Ditto. Although you do lose your Choice Scarfer and Set-Up Sweeper Check in the process, you gain your teams only Physical Threat, which is huge. This in turn helps with the Steel Matchup and gives your team better diversity and reliable team options.
Diggersby @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Quick Attack
- Frustration
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch / Wild Charge

Gaining a nice Priority option with STAB Band Quick Attack as well can come in very handy in many situations. Now, with regards to Porygon2, I recommend you change the EVs to 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD to allow for Maximum Physical Bulk. This will in turn make it more difficult for non-supereffective Band/Set-Up users to break your core and provide better switch-in options. I would also advise that you run Discharge over Thunder Wave. Even though you do lose reliable speed control in the process, your team would struggle against threats such Mega Gyarados, BD Azumarill, etc. Also, if you happen you continue having problems with Bisharp and even M-Scizor, I would suggest you try using Hidden Power Fire over Foul Play. HP Fire allows a reliable 2HKO after rocks on Bisharp and even M-Scizor which can be a major threat if Staraptor is weak, and/or dead. With Chansey, I'd suggest you change your EV spread to the same as Porygon2. I've found the Bulky Bold set to tank hits better and to have added Physical bulk just in case you need to tank a physical hit. I would also recommend you use Thunder Wave over Toxic for a good Speed control option. Lastly, with Staraptor, I have a few changes that may come in really handy. I recommend you change Staraptor's EVs to 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spe. Although you lose your Breloom speed creep, this spread allows you to at least tank a hit from Mega Medicham which would run through this team otherwise. The added speed investment allows you to at least outspeed Adamant base 70s and Max Speed base 60s as well as most Zapdos spreads. I would also suggest using Feather Dance -> U-Turn/Toxic because you already have multiple Physically Bulky Pokemon and Intimidate. This also gives your Defogger more survivability and usability which is helpful in itself.

The last additions for this RMT should be to the Threatlist. Your team in general is also susceptible to Bisharp, Mixed and Specs Hoopa-U variants, Belly Drum Azumarill, opposing Normal teams utilizing Mega Lopunny, Mega Scizor and Mega Gyarados.

Hopefully my suggestions help you out and good luck!

Edit: Your recent replays are all OU replays?
Edit2: Some of your import text isn't working properly. I'm not sure why, might be a bug.

Last edited:
Hey GingerNinja87, you have a really nice team, but I see ways it can be improved. I'll give you a rate and hopefully help you and your team out!

I like the fact that your utilizing Mega Audino on your Normal team, rather than the usual M-Pidgeot or M-Lopunny. But because of this, Steel becomes a much more difficult matchup. With that in mind, I would suggest you change Calm Mind to Fire Blast to not only help manage your Steel issues, but also because you are already utilizing a Calm Mind Set-Up mon in Meloetta. This would allow M-Audino to bait in some unsuspecting Steel types and even do some nice damage in the process. Now with regards to Meloetta, the set overall is fine, but your team is severely lacking reliable damage output. So at this point, there are two choices; either change Meloetta's EVs from 252 HP to 252 SpA or use a Choice Specs variant.
Meloetta @ Choice Specs
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast

Meloetta @ Choice Specs
EVs: 64 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 188 Spe
Modest Nature
- Energy Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
The first set allows you to keep your form of Set-Up on your team while giving Meloetta a bigger punch. While your moves are limited with this set, you have a Sucker Punch bait and Stallbreak option in Substitute and high damage potential with Calm Mind. The latter set allows for wider coverage for more teams, especially Water, Ground, Flying, etc., and also provides a much greater guaranteed damage output. In fact, a Choice Specs set also works well with your Knock Off bait switch into Audino. Audino's Fire Blast and Dazzling Gleam then create a reliable 2HKO on dangerous Knock Off mons such a Bisharp and more reliable KO potential through Sleep Talk on Breloom. Moving on, I began to notice your team really lacks Physical damage output, in fact, you only have two Physical attacks, not including Seismic Toss on Chansey. Because of this, you should use Diggersby over Ditto. Although you do lose your Choice Scarfer and Set-Up Sweeper Check in the process, you gain your teams only Physical Threat, which is huge. This in turn helps with the Steel Matchup and gives your team better diversity and reliable team options.
Diggersby @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Quick Attack
- Frustration
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch / Wild Charge

Gaining a nice Priority option with STAB Band Quick Attack as well can come in very handy in many situations. Now, with regards to Porygon2, I recommend you change the EVs to 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD to allow for Maximum Physical Bulk. This will in turn make it more difficult for non-supereffective Band/Set-Up users to break your core and provide better switch-in options. I would also advise that you run Discharge over Thunder Wave. Even though you do lose reliable speed control in the process, your team would struggle against threats such Mega Gyarados, BD Azumarill, etc. Also, if you happen you continue having problems with Bisharp and even M-Scizor, I would suggest you try using Hidden Power Fire over Foul Play. HP Fire allows a reliable 2HKO after rocks on Bisharp and even M-Scizor which can be a major threat if Staraptor is weak, and/or dead. With Chansey, I'd suggest you change your EV spread to the same as Porygon2. I've found the Bulky Bold set to tank hits better and to have added Physical bulk just in case you need to tank a physical hit. I would also recommend you use Thunder Wave over Toxic for a good Speed control option. Lastly, with Staraptor, I have a few changes that may come in really handy. I recommend you change Staraptor's EVs to 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spe. Although you lose your Breloom speed creep, this spread allows you to at least tank a hit from Mega Medicham which would run through this team otherwise. The added speed investment allows you to at least outspeed Adamant base 70s and Max Speed base 60s as well as most Zapdos spreads. I would also suggest using Feather Dance -> U-Turn/Toxic because you already have multiple Physically Bulky Pokemon and Intimidate. This also gives your Defogger more survivability which is helpful in itself.

The last additions for this RMT itself should be to the Threatlist. Your team in general is also susceptible to Bisharp, Mixed and Specs Hoopa-U variants, Belly Drum Azumarill, opposing Normal teams utilizing Mega Lopunny, Mega Scizor and Mega Gyarados.

Hopefully my suggestions help you out and good luck!

Edit: Your recent replays are all OU replays?
Edit2: Some of your import text isn't working properly. I'm not sure why, might be a bug.

I fixed the import issues, it seems I had some minor errors I didn't save :)

The replays and the sprites have been edited :)

I do agree with the Diggersby change actually tbh, Thats a nice change I was considering earlier with a recent game. Thankyou so much for your rate, Ill try some of the different Meloetta sets :))

Just had a few games with Diggersby over Ditto, the change was really nice and showcased some nice overall results vs steel, thankyou for that addition sir, very pleased with that result. Tyvm for that advice

Sylveon.

Penny saved is still a fucking penny
Well, I just tested your team out and its been doing pretty well though didn't get to use audino much. Uh, I understand how diggersby is useful for your team but doesn't this change make you really weak against medi, as nothing in your team outspeeds and you don't even have ditto to revenge it. Melo gets 1 shoted even by jolly HJK and staraptor being your defogger if it takes rocks damage, it has a chance(albeit low one) to get 1Hkoed by adamant medi(better one imo).

Anyways cool team man, having a proper knock off absorber is so good for normal. :)

Hey, fren. As you know, I'm on mobile so I'll keep this terse.

Assuming that you want to keep the CroDino set, I would change Meloetta's set to a choice specs set. Not only are two CM stackers counterintuitive, but you lack an immediate offensive presence.This change allows Meloetta to break for Audino and to pressure mono steel, which gives bulky normal teams nightmares. Choice specs meloetta gives you the ability to pressure victini + medicham psychic teams, as the majority of those teams are balance builds that heavily rely on mew, slowbro, and meloetta/jirachi/and even cresselia as a defensive backbone. Furthermore, common threats such as heatran, doublade, whirlwind skarmory, and jirachi completely inhibit Audino, and your current Meloetta set is only further walled by them. Meloetta also helps break common bulky builds. Flying v normal is hell, but specially defensive zapdos, gyarados, articuno, and togekiss are unable to switch into psyshock while gliscor, skarmory, and landorus cannot properly switch into a coverage move.

This change allows you to keep ditto over diggersby. Diggersby isn't needed because meloetta can now perform the same role. Ditto, on bulky normal teams, is incredibly crucial. The standard chansey + p2 + defensive raptor defensive core is incredibly passive regardless of which moves are run. As such, aggressive plays will either begin to whittle the core or find an opportunistic set up opportunity. Ditto essentially acts as a set up deterrent to your passive team

I also second Llama's spread changes to p2 and chansey for the very same reasons

Lastly, I recommend running enough speed on raptor to outspeed positive natured base 70's(breloom) much like mew does for bisharp. Porygon2 is already bulky enough as it is, in my opinion. A cool advantage to a fast staraptor is the ability to run close combat if you wish. Not only does this attempt to aid in the bisharp weakness, but it allows you to meme on specially defensive tyranitar, who makes it difficult keeping hazards off the field while maintaining staraptor healthy.

Edit: I saw that you ended opting for focus blast on meloetta, but the point still stands!

So Specs Melo + The Pory and Chansey changes. I already had enough speed on Raptor also, I think ill try that Close Combat change, that seems really nice for Bisharp and Ttar, Cheers sir.

What specific moves should Specs Melo be carrying also ?

Well, I just tested your team out and its been doing pretty well though didn't get to use audino much. Uh, I understand how diggersby is useful for your team but doesn't this change make you really weak against medi, as nothing in your team outspeeds and you don't even have ditto to revenge it. Melo gets 1 shoted even by jolly HJK and staraptor being your defogger if it takes rocks damage, it has a chance(albeit low one) to get 1Hkoed by adamant medi(better one imo).

Anyways cool team man, having a proper knock off absorber is so good for normal. :)
Im glad you enjoyed using it, I've gone back to ditto and instead opted for Specs Meloetta, that seems to have elevated the issues I had previously :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)