Little Cup Counter that Pokemon NOMINATIONS [Team 2, Pokemon 2] | Re-hosted

First set for Team 1, Pokemon 2:
We need a Pokemon to counter Archen as best we can, and Magnemite will hurt us too. How do we cover these sets? Ground will destroy the Magnemite, while a decent Electric- or Rock-type attack blows away Archen. How do we pack both? Answer:

Drilbur @ Eviolite
Level 5

Ability:Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
EVs:36 HP/236 Atk/212 Spe
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Rapid Spin
Stealth Rock

Just pulled this straight out of the analysis and added more offensive options. Earthquake destroys Magnemite while Rock Slide crushes Archen. Also, all of Magnemite's moves are neutral or immunitied and Drilbur has an Eviolite to help take the attack. Archen is no problem, as its only attack is resisted by this set and it is crushed by Rock Slide.

EDIT: Offensive options over Spin and Rocks removed because they have negligible coverage and Murkrow needs Rocks off. Also changed posts about Murkrow hurting us, because Murkrow is on our team.

Last edited:
First set for Team 1, Pokemon 2:
We need a Pokemon to counter Archen as best we can, and Magnemite will hurt us too. How do we cover these sets? Ground will destroy the Magnemite, while a decent Electric- or Rock-type attack blows away Archen. How do we pack both? Answer:

Drilbur @ Eviolite
Level 5

Ability:Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
EVs:36 HP/236 Atk/212 Spe
Earthquake
Rock Slide
X-Scissor/Rapid Spin
Shadow Claw/Stealth Rock

Just pulled this straight out of the analysis and added more offensive options. Earthquake destroys Magnemite while Rock Slide crushes Archen. Also, all of Magnemite's moves are neutral or immunitied and Drilbur has an Eviolite to help take the attack. HP Grass on Murkrow will be a problem, but we have a) the opportunity to smack it on switch-in with Rock Slide and b)4 other team members to better counter it.
Don't put slashes on a set; you need to be definitive about the set that should go IMO(although i would have posted this set ;~; )
As for my set,

Porygon@Eviolite|Trace
EVs-236 HP / 196 Def / 76 SpDef|Calm Nature
-Tri attack
-Shadow ball
-Thunder wave
-Recover

Standard porygon, I shamelessly ripped this off from iss's post and the site, but I believe porygon will be even more effective now. It can check or counter most of the metagame while having solid offensive presence. It also matches up well against magnemite(twave and wear it down with tri attack; can trap by tracing magnet pull(lol)) and archen(walls it p good). It also serves as a deterrent for the opponent to use misdreavus or murkrow and they will be forced to run a fighting type on their team, which can be countered with the next submission, hence lowering the opponent's teambuilding options.

mael

not the same but equal
is a Community Contributorwon the 14th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
UUPL Champion
Diglett (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Arena Trap
EVs: 36 HP / 236 Atk / 236 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Hone Claws

I figured we'd need rocks, and I wanted a way to get rid of Magnemite and this Pokemon fits best for doing that. Arena Trap is great for Magnemites locked into an electric Move. Hone claws is there to set up in that case, tho it is mainly a filler. Rocks for obvious reasons, earthquake as a STAB and Rock Slide to hit Archen and flying stuff. It is great together with Murkrow.

I'm in full support of awsmminer3's set as long as we definitely put rapid spin on it, and probably SR too, depending on the opposing team's weakness to it.

i'll post my own set when i get back from school this afternoon

probably chinchou, with a pretty slow volt switch it can bring in krow safely, and it is a really good counter to magnemite (if they lock into hp ground it's a free krow switch) also archen can't do shit to it because no eq n_n

Last edited:

Foongus @ Eviolite
Trait: Regenerator
Level: 5
EVs: 124 HP / 156 Def / 76 Spd / 76 SAtk / 76 SDef
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Stun Spore
- Sludge Bomb

I think Foongus makes a nice addition to the team. Double Spore is always nice for mindgames as nothing can come in safely. Both mons of team 2 REALLY don't like paralysis and sleeping something is always nice. It also resists Electric moves from Magnemite which would be aimed at Murkrow.

Chinchou (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 52 Def / 232 SAtk / 224 Spd
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Volt Switch
- Heal Bell

I agree with Chieliee and if this is the set he wanted to post, you cannot consider my post. That's a good attacker with a discrete synergy with Murkrov.

232+ SpA Chinchou Hydro Pump vs. 236 HP / 76 SpD Eviolite Archen: 24-30 (96 - 120%) -- 68.75% chance to OHKO
232+ SpA Chinchou Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 28 SpD Eviolite Magnemite: 12-15 (63.15 - 78.94%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Last edited:
I put dibs on chinchou so chinchou is mine >:

also yeah i was planning on using the set The Quasar posted. However, in case we end up running Snover on Team 1, i think Blizzard might be a better option, since it can lure in Lileep, who can be slightly troublesome to mixkrow (if it comes in on any attack other than bb, it won't be 2hko'd, and even bb might not 2hko) But i don't know if we're allowed to say 'use move x over move y if we end up using mon Z' so for now heal bell is the better option because fuk flame body ponyta/larvesta

Well if everyone is gonna go common, I gotta go hipster. This mon is underrated and definitely a contender for the spot, and it is Ponyta.

Ponyta (M) @ Eviolite
Trait: flame body
EVs: 156 Atk / 76 Def / 76 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sunny Day
- Flare blitz
- Wild Charge
- Morning Sun

Edit in response to Kingler's Post: I don't see a spot for solarbeam as it can be dead wait if I can't put up sunny day. Also the coverage moves are needed to counter the opposing team and recovery is important. Lastly solarbeam only hits chinchou which is most likely gonna be there next mon so its best to leave this set the same and address the chinchou threat with the next mon.

Last edited:
Well if everyone is gonna go common, I gotta go hipster. This mon is underrated and definitely a contender for the spot, and it is Ponyta.

Ponyta (M) @ Eviolite
Trait: flame body
EVs: 156 Atk / 76 Def / 76 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sunny Day
- Flare blitz
- Wild Charge
- Morning Sun
Js imo you should use sunnybeam
Chieliee calced a few attacks and it wrecks

apt-get

it's not over 'til it's over
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Alright, it's time for voting! We're going to do this the same was as last time. Here's the format:

PM ME YOUR VOTE!
Subject:
LC CTP (Pokemon) (User who submitted that Pokemon) (no need to start a new discussion if you already voted)

Here are your choices:
awsmminer3's Drilbur
kingler12345's Porygon
Temptation's Diglett
Nozzle's Foongus
Chieliee's Chinchou
Kingmitus' Ponyta

Let's see what's gonna be Team 1's second pokémon! You have until the 4 September to vote.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)