Metagame Linked

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
I can guarentee you that dragapult is on 99.9% of the teams, here you go perfect check.
I would like to point out that Dragapult is a terrible check to Weavile. Any Weavile set with Ice Shard (which is perhaps not all but it's a good and common move) can simply delete Pult if Weavile has a Swords Dance under its belt, something much easier here than in most tiers.

+2 252 Atk Weavile Ice Shard vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Dragapult: 312-368 (98.4 - 116%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO

However I don't agree with Weavile being broken. It's a great offensive Pokémon which is nearly impossible to switch into... just like pretty much all the common Pokémon in this meta. It's fast but weak to priority and has paper thin defenses. There are excellent checks to it such as

:scizor: 252+ Atk Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Weavile: 306-362 (108.8 - 128.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
:lucario: 252 Atk Lucario Extreme Speed + Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Weavile: 275-324 (97.8 - 115.3%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
:blaziken: 252 Atk Blaziken Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Weavile: 1048-1240 (372.9 - 441.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
:tapu_koko: +2 252 Atk Weavile Ice Shard vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tapu Koko: 142-168 (50.5 - 59.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Any viable Koko link KOs back but calcing is a pain with Terrain etc.

and more.
Note that none of these really rely on taking any hit besides Ice Shard, which they can all do easily. Weavile is great, but I just don't see it standing out from the pack here. The only way I could see its current strength in the meta being banworthy would be if a LOT of other things were also deemed to be broken... which is a decision that the tier leadership would have to make and not something I will comment on.

EDIT:
I don't know how you could let a weavile set up a free SD in linked, I've never managed to do a SD on any mon as frail as weavile.
Well unless u are putting SD within the link, in which case fair enough
Swords Dance in the link is the idea, yeah.

Last edited:
I would like to point out that Dragapult is a terrible check to Weavile. Any Weavile set with Ice Shard (which is perhaps not all but it's a good and common move) can simply delete Pult if Weavile has a Swords Dance under its belt, something much easier here than in most tiers.
+2 252 Atk Weavile Ice Shard vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Dragapult: 312-368 (98.4 - 116%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
I don't know how you could let a weavile set up a free SD in linked, I've never managed to do a SD on any mon as frail as weavile.
Well unless u are putting SD within the link, in which case fair enough

You know, another Pokemon I find problematic is Quiver Dance :Volcarona:.
Like with Dragon Dance Dragapult, you basically lose a Pokemon if you don’t have a specific check, and auto-lose the match if you don’t have extremely strong priority.
But instead of Unaware Clefable, you have to use Heatran. While not as passive as Unaware Clefable, Heatran is extremely slow and can’t check that much else outside of Volcarona and maybe Blacephalon some times.
Additionally, priority isn’t that great either against Volcarona. Aside from double resisting Grassy Glide, you would need Protective Pads or something as Flamebody has an effective 30% chance to make your priority user cannon fodder just for trying to touch it, and that is if Volcarona doesn’t invest some EVs into Def, as it totally can when you have monsterous SpA and can Quiver Dance into Fiery Dance to get at least +1 SpA every turn. So if your priority doesn’t manage to KO Volcarona, that Pokemon is pretty much dead. And that goes for everything besides Heatran and something like Toxapex, which are not ideal.

You know, another Pokemon I find problematic is Quiver Dance :Volcarona:.
Like with Dragon Dance Dragapult, you basically lose a Pokemon if you don’t have a specific check, and auto-lose the match if you don’t have extremely strong priority.
But instead of Unaware Clefable, you have to use Heatran. While not as passive as Unaware Clefable, Heatran is extremely slow and can’t check that much else outside of Volcarona and maybe Blacephalon some times.
Additionally, priority isn’t that great either against Volcarona. Aside from double resisting Grassy Glide, you would need Protective Pads or something as Flamebody has an effective 30% chance to make your priority user cannon fodder just for trying to touch it, and that is if Volcarona doesn’t invest some EVs into Def, as it totally can when you have monsterous SpA and can Quiver Dance into Fiery Dance to get at least +1 SpA every turn. So if your priority doesn’t manage to KO Volcarona, that Pokemon is pretty much dead. And that goes for everything besides Heatran and something like Toxapex, which are not ideal.

I agree completely, dragapult is difficult to manage but i have been managing with priority. Volcorona is serverly restricting team building.

SO after catching covid, isolating and playing this OM the whole week. finally topped the ladder.

1antsdownmypants151971.2%1670 ± 29

Things i have learnt, that structure my best team

Electric terrain is very match up dependent, but can easily overwhelm unprepared teams. It is easy to one remove electric resist for ELEKI to sweep.
there is a lot of different match styles (trick room/sticky web/ screens/ volt-turn/ and it is difficult to build against all of them
I found priority moves the best way to counter opposing team archetypes, this team uses double sucker punch

Explanation
Koko is much better than it looks on paper. Great speed tier (weavile in particular), key resistances
Lando shuts down most electric based teams, provides a ground switch in, intimidate helps reduce the opponent getting out of hand. Grassy seed might seem unusual and could probaly be replaced, but i find the the extra defense allows lando to fire off a u-turn, before opposing rillaboom gets out of control.

Volcorona- Please ban, sweeeps extreamly easily and can checks triage comfey, rillaboom, lots of physical threats with flame body. sweeps very easily, heatran completely counters but is easy enough to predict. toxic/roost is for unaware + bulky resist, bugg buzz isnt really needed when fire stab is spammable and boosting

Grimsnarl-Started wining lot more once this was on my team, i think the extra priority is needed in this offensive meta trick + choice item shuts down settup mons and makes them completly useless. however if predicted poorly and used on a dark type (weavile) can backfire massively.
Ev spread is a bit random.

Bisharp- sticky web deterrent, priority user, sweeps easily

regieleki-i prefered moving Evs into defense to live opposing priority , as transistor+terrain thunderbolt + rising voltage will melt most things regardless of special attack. heavy duty boots prevents sticky web

Tapu Koko @ Terrain Extender
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- U-turn
- Taunt

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Grassy Seed
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 188 Atk / 152 Def / 168 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Smack Down
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn

Volcarona @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Quiver Dance
- Flamethrower
- Toxic
- Roost

Grimmsnarl (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 Atk / 52 Def / 28 SpD / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Sucker Punch
- Spirit Break
- Trick

Bisharp @ Black Glasses
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

Regieleki @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Transistor
EVs: 132 Def / 124 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Rising Voltage
- Extreme Speed
- Explosion

SO after catching covid, isolating and playing this OM the whole week. finally topped the ladder.

1antsdownmypants151971.2%1670 ± 29

Things i have learnt, that structure my best team

Electric terrain is very match up dependent, but can easily overwhelm unprepared teams. It is easy to one remove electric resist for ELEKI to sweep.
there is a lot of different match styles (trick room/sticky web/ screens/ volt-turn/ and it is difficult to build against all of them
I found priority moves the best way to counter opposing team archetypes, this team uses double sucker punch

Explanation
Koko is much better than it looks on paper. Great speed tier (weavile in particular), key resistances
Lando shuts down most electric based teams, provides a ground switch in, intimidate helps reduce the opponent getting out of hand. Grassy seed might seem unusual and could probaly be replaced, but i find the the extra defense allows lando to fire off a u-turn, before opposing rillaboom gets out of control.

Volcorona- Please ban, sweeeps extreamly easily and can checks triage comfey, rillaboom, lots of physical threats with flame body. sweeps very easily, heatran completely counters but is easy enough to predict. toxic/roost is for unaware + bulky resist, bugg buzz isnt really needed when fire stab is spammable and boosting

Grimsnarl-Started wining lot more once this was on my team, i think the extra priority is needed in this offensive meta trick + choice item shuts down settup mons and makes them completly useless. however if predicted poorly and used on a dark type (weavile) can backfire massively.
Ev spread is a bit random.

Bisharp- sticky web deterrent, priority user, sweeps easily

regieleki-i prefered moving Evs into defense to live opposing priority , as transistor+terrain thunderbolt + rising voltage will melt most things regardless of special attack. heavy duty boots prevents sticky web

Tapu Koko @ Terrain Extender
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- U-turn
- Taunt

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Grassy Seed
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 188 Atk / 152 Def / 168 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Smack Down
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn

Volcarona @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Flamethrower
- Toxic
- Roost

Grimmsnarl (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 Atk / 52 Def / 28 SpD / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Sucker Punch
- Spirit Break
- Trick

Bisharp @ Black Glasses
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

Regieleki @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Transistor
EVs: 132 Def / 124 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Rising Voltage
- Extreme Speed
- Explosion
Totaly agree with this because i loose twise against this
Regieleki is a destroyer without Electric immunity and volcarona is realy cancer in this meta

Good team

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Speed control is incredibly important, and all methods are super important. This metagame is super offensive, meaning that outpacing your opponents links is vital. The main methods I've seen or used are...

Priority! :weavile::scizor::lucario::zygarde-10::comfey::grimmsnarl::urshifu:
While priority can be hard to build into a link due to requiring both linked moves to have +1 or higher priority, it is an incredibly potent tool both inside and outside links. Several common Pokémon are near impossible to take down without priority after a single turn due to boosting out of range, the most notable being Weavile and Volcarona. It's an incredibly important tool that nearly every team should have. Likewise, priority resistance is super valuable on offensive Pokémon.

Paralysis! :klefki::zygarde-10::jirachi::ferrothorn::tapu_koko:
First: If you're using Jirachi I hate you and you deserve all the hax.
Paralysis is evil as always. So far I have found Klefki the most reliable Paralysis spreader, using a Thunder Wave + Spikes link. Once a Pokémon is paralyzed the most its good for is fodder unless it has priority. With the high power level in this metagame there is very little stopping a paralyzed mon from being used as setup bait or just murdered.

Sticky Web! :shuckle::galvantula:
Webs are an incredible playstyle with a lot of flexibility. The setters are rather mediocre. Galvantula is too slow and too frail, while Shuckle is super passive in a metagame where single turns can turn into sweeps with no momentum loss. I tried Araquanid and looked at Slurpuff, but I doubt either can actually work as a setter.
BUT
Once you get over the ordeal of getting Webs down and keeping them there, you get to abuse the fact that wallbreakers and broken setup sweepers are everywhere in this metagame. From Aegislash to Zapdos-Galar you've got more flexibility in choosing what to break with than just about any metagame I've seen. As well as huge variety, what we do have hits harder with more ability to gain and maintain momentum than standard tiers. Essentially, wallbreakers are broken here, and webs makes that even more noticeable while also limiting the inevitable offense you face.

Choice Scarf!:tapu_fini::rotom-heat::tapu_lele:
This is the most important point I want to make in this post: Choice Scarf is incredibly underrated as an item. There are two primary reasons for this.
First is that Trick + Scarf shuts a lot of Pokémon down hard, as it restricts their ability to use links. As many Pokémon naturally rely on their links to operate successfully this can be hard to play around. This is even more notable with more defensive-oriented Pokémon, as it severely hinders their ability to maintain momentum, and indeed anything that has a Status move first in their link will be robbed of the majority of its utility.
Secondly, as I have mentioned previously this metagame is super offensively oriented. The majority of Pokémon used are fast and frail, making them perfect targets for standard Scarf abusers.
I will admit that not being able to use a link is a major drawback. However the utility that comes from outpacing your opponent is huge and should not be overlooked.

The tl;dr of everything I just posted: If something makes you go first, it's great.

Set!
:ss/nihilego:

Nihilego @ Power Herb
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe OR 80 HP / 176 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Charge Beam
- Meteor Beam
- Power Gem / Psychic
- Sludge Bomb

So long as Volcarona is a pain, this thing is great!
The first EV spread is super simple and boosts Special Attack with Beast Boost. The second boosts Speed. Overall the second is better because you get plenty of SpA boosts anyway, and 80 HP is exactly what you need to avoid the OHKO from +2 Volcarona's Psychic, but getting +3 SpA in one turn is fun :) You have to be careful clicking Meteor Beam. Once Power Herb is gone it will only boosts your Special Attack, then lock you into your link for the next turn. Charge Beam will be used both turns. This set wracks up boosts really quickly, and is tough to wall. The last two moves are highly customizable depending on what you want to hit. Sludge Bomb is good for Clefable, Tapu Koko, and other Fairies. Psychic is useful for a couple niche Pokemon like Nidoking and Kommo-o and Nihilego. Power Gem is a significantly more reliable STAB than Meteor Beam, and is the most spammable, low risk attack to put on Nihilego. Ferrothorn will always be a pain.

Last edited:

Ivy

resident enigma
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor
My man is really going to list Scarf as a viable strategy but not put a picture of Ditto :psycry:
for real though, yes, choice items do still have a great niche in the meta where most have forgotten about the item's existence. Nice to see the strange glitchy meteor beam interactions get an honorable mention too.
I'll probably get something fun started on Monday. Make room in your hearts this valentine's day for some epic Linked developments.

(First post, don't laugh at my name water's my favourite type.)
So, I really haven't played much Linked yet, but from my experience, there are 2 Pokemons that stands out the best in my opinion.
First is my lead, Weavile.
Weavile @ Chople Berry
Ability: Pickpocket
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Triple Axel
- Fake Out
- Taunt
I probably saw a quite good amount of Rocky Helmets around Pokemons, so I needed a pokemon to counter that IMMIDIATELY. Weavile was my choice. It was a fast, frail Pokemon, with Fake Out priority. I linked Knock Off and Triple Axel so I only have to take one time of Rocky Helmet. Triple Axel was a solid move to use for Ice STAB. If my Weavile successfully outspeed the opposing through speed tie and doesn't miss Triple Axel, it can KO opposing Weavile using Icicle Crash. Taunt can shut down Dragapult sweeps(spoilers), and also Hazard setters.
Next, the sweeper that's on the watchlist, Dragapult.
Dragapult @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Clear Body
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Darts
- Sucker Punch
- U-turn
Oh, Sub wasn't banned, cool. Now I see some Sub+Recover Toxapex. Well, Dragapult is here to counter and sweep. After 2 DDances, the damage from Dragon Darts is just enough to break Sub. I would love to use Kasib to counter other Draga, but Colbur I think is more important due to Knock Off. I think it should be banned, there's not really much counter to it. Kartana's Knock Off gets halved by Kasib, and after a DDance it's faster than Scarfed Kartana. If Colbur is already gone before Kartana's Knock Off, might as well Sucker Punch for the damage, and U-Turn is to pivot against Clef, who Dragapult don't really have a move to hit. Dragon Darts isn't really enough to KO, but the next hit will knock out Kart, since you DDanced. The only TRUE counter I've met was Melmetal, who after 6 DRAGON DANCES, still take 50% from a Dragon Darts. So uh, I think Dragapult should in my opinion, banned.
I haven't use Rillaboom/Comfey/Steelix/Centiskorch very much, but I think they deserves a shout out.

(First post, don't laugh at my name water's my favourite type.)
So, I really haven't played much Linked yet, but from my experience, there are 2 Pokemons that stands out the best in my opinion.
First is my lead, Weavile.
Weavile @ Chople Berry
Ability: Pickpocket
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Triple Axel
- Fake Out
- Taunt
I probably saw a quite good amount of Rocky Helmets around Pokemons, so I needed a pokemon to counter that IMMIDIATELY. Weavile was my choice. It was a fast, frail Pokemon, with Fake Out priority. I linked Knock Off and Triple Axel so I only have to take one time of Rocky Helmet. Triple Axel was a solid move to use for Ice STAB. If my Weavile successfully outspeed the opposing through speed tie and doesn't miss Triple Axel, it can KO opposing Weavile using Icicle Crash. Taunt can shut down Dragapult sweeps(spoilers), and also Hazard setters.
Next, the sweeper that's on the watchlist, Dragapult.
Dragapult @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Clear Body
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Darts
- Sucker Punch
- U-turn
Oh, Sub wasn't banned, cool. Now I see some Sub+Recover Toxapex. Well, Dragapult is here to counter and sweep. After 2 DDances, the damage from Dragon Darts is just enough to break Sub. I would love to use Kasib to counter other Draga, but Colbur I think is more important due to Knock Off. I think it should be banned, there's not really much counter to it. Kartana's Knock Off gets halved by Kasib, and after a DDance it's faster than Scarfed Kartana. If Colbur is already gone before Kartana's Knock Off, might as well Sucker Punch for the damage, and U-Turn is to pivot against Clef, who Dragapult don't really have a move to hit. Dragon Darts isn't really enough to KO, but the next hit will knock out Kart, since you DDanced. The only TRUE counter I've met was Melmetal, who after 6 DRAGON DANCES, still take 50% from a Dragon Darts. So uh, I think Dragapult should in my opinion, banned.
I haven't use Rillaboom/Comfey/Steelix/Centiskorch very much, but I think they deserves a shout out.

Nice sets, for weavile any advantage to running fake out instead of ice shard, or knock off instead of assurance

Nice sets, for weavile any advantage to running fake out instead of ice shard, or knock off instead of assurance
As I mentioned, AS LONG AS I'M GOD DAMN LUCKY, Fake Out should flinch them and Knock Off + Triple Axel is enough to KO, while Knock Off + Icicle Crash does not. Ice Shard gets priority, however... it lacks the flinch. Assurance is fine, but Knock Off is way better to deal with Rocky Helmets or Knock Off any item, plus I gotta hope Triple Axel actually lands. I will try a few battles with Assurance though.

Ivy

resident enigma
Here's a little appetizer—we've decided to QB Volcarona! It may be checked through what amounts to basically 2 ways—Heatran, or better opposing hyper offense. Heatran isn't actually bad, as I've enjoyed sub+magma trapping to great effect, but the pressure to use it on bulkier teams stands out. Other than that, Quagsire bites it to giga drain variants, and clefable can PP stall it at best. All priority users are owned by its defensive typing resisting common priority as well as flame body's effects. So, yep, hasta luego, moth of fun!

Here's a little appetizer—we've decided to QB Volcarona! It may be checked through what amounts to basically 2 ways—Heatran, or better opposing hyper offense. Heatran isn't actually bad, as I've enjoyed sub+magma trapping to great effect, but the pressure to use it on bulkier teams stands out. Other than that, Quagsire bites it to giga drain variants, and clefable can PP stall it at best. All priority users are owned by its defensive typing resisting common priority as well as flame body's effects. So, yep, hasta luego, moth of fun!
Nice, sure do enjoy a moth quickban, now no moths in the tier XD

Well well well, I found 2 rising threats that are...quite dangerous. And possibly deadly, which might conquer the tier. The first set I encountered is:
Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Cosmic Power
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast
Well, the sets says it all. Spam Calm Mind/Cosmic Power linked, Soft Boiled when you're low, and Moonblast when you're at +6. No Toxic, no Poison, no Burn, no anything due to Magic Guard. I was only able to counter it with Swords Dance+Grassy Glide Rillaboom, Draining Kiss+Giga Drain Comfey, and a Lucky Crit from Centiskorch's Fire Lash/ Leech Life. But even then, I had 2 Pokemon dead and a low health Centiskorch, and I proceeded to get walled by another Pokemon.... Mew.
Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Imprison
- Transform
- Block
Ah yes, Mew, remember that Pokemon which can learn almost every move including Transform and Imprison as well as BLOCK? As soon as I saw Block, I know that they're gonna do something. I wanted to preserve Centiskorch for the opponent's Melmetal, so I switched out into Weavile. And well, I should've kept Centiskorch in and Fire Lash/Leech Life. Mew Blocked me in and then used Imprison, THEN Transform. This is important, as if the Mew used Transform, it should've used Assurance on me. I missed the Triple Axel, making Assurance considerably weaker. Then, once I was koed, Mew was swapped out, then use the same strategy against the rest. Looking back at this battle, I have one sentence to end it all.

BAN IMPRISON+TRANSFORM MEW I AM IN FRUSTRATION

I m also agree with Mew because it s really cancer and you can't do anything
But.. Mew is not really fast (compare to weavile dragapult tapukoko regieleki Kartana blacephalon and so many other destroyer mon of this meta) and you can easilly destroy it or taunt it.
Mew is a problem for me because against trick Room team nothing is enougth faster to counter it and you can't use trick Room because of imprison.

Clef without unaware is destroy turn 1 with a set up mon or a good chain of offensive mooves counter by taunt etc.. And clef is really slow so one more time he's a problem only is he's faster than you and set up freely.

No ?

1644746257008.png

Now that I've technically reached Top 200 in the ladder, here's my team: https://pokepast.es/ce8b93c2cd16f81e

1644746551028.png

I had to borrow CaptMicrowave's Clefairy and Barraskewda for this one. It's a pretty solid team. But it gets pretty weak against electric types, Kartana, Mantine, and Trick Room teams.

Anyway, Imprison + Transform Mew should be banned. It essentially has no counterplay and it makes the entire metagame lowkey Balanced Hackmons in which you have to imposter-proof your team; but at least in Balanced Hackmons you can still use moves because there's no Imprison. Along with Choice Trick, this strategy basically renders 2 of your Pokemon almost useless. The only true counter for this one is giving your Pokemon Assualt Vest, but that can be nullified using Fling. You can also somewhat counter this one with Tapu Lele with Trick, but it's a very inconsistent counter as Mew can just simply switch out, and with Rillaboom on my team, Tapu Lele can't stay on the battlefield recklessly. You need to play 200 IQ Mind Games against this type of Mew, but then other Pokemon in this team can just chip away your Pokemon, and along with the Choice Trick, you have 1 less Pokemon to work with.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that with Choice Trick, Mew can outspeed anyone except Regieleki, which means this Mew can render pretty much any high speed counters for it as semi-useless, and then continue to wreck havoc to the rest of your team.

EDIT (2): Top 62 now currently.
1644751132482.png

Attachments

Last edited:
View attachment 406381
Now that I've technically reached Top 200 in the ladder, here's my team: https://pokepast.es/ce8b93c2cd16f81e

View attachment 406383

I had to borrow CaptMicrowave's Clefairy and Barraskewda for this one. It's a pretty solid team. But it gets pretty weak against electric types, Kartana, and Mantine.

Anyway, Imprison + Transform Mew should be banned. It essentially has no counterplay and it makes the entire metagame lowkey Balanced Hackmons in which you have to imposter-proof your team; but at least in Balanced Hackmons you can still use moves because there's no Imprison. Along with Choice Trick, this strategy basically renders 2 of your Pokemon almost useless. The only true counter for this one is giving your Pokemon Assualt Vest, but that can be nullified using Fling. You can also somewhat counter this one with Tapu Lele with Trick, but it's a very inconsistent counter as Mew can just simply switch out, and with Rillaboom on my team, Tapu Lele can't stay on the battlefield recklessly. You need to play 200 IQ Mind Games against this type of Mew, but then other Pokemon in this team can just chip away your Pokemon, and along with the Choice Trick, you have 1 less Pokemon to work with.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that with Choice Trick, Mew can outspeed anyone except Regieleki, which means this Mew can render pretty much any high speed counters for it as semi-useless, and then continue to wreck havoc to the rest of your team.

EDIT (2): Top 62 now currently.
View attachment 406388
I saw your Mew and then immediately I was like: "Oh my god some BS is about to happen disaster is here whyyyy"

Hum... I dont understand the suspect on kart and drag..
Imo regieleki is soooo much cancer... Absolute Speed and with this Ability and a Electric terrain nothing can tank 2 Electric attack.. And lando is not a solution.. He is absolutely useless in this Meta exept Electric immunity..

Ans please do something for this stupid mew imprison transform...

Ivy

resident enigma
Regieleki faces the exact same issue as it does in OU—literally any ground type walls it. It can link all it wants but that doesn't change this fact.
Mew is a non-issue if not running Block, and even if it is, it's always wise to have at least one faster teammate even on trick room teams for the times that trick room is offline. A fast/prankster Taunt user is good, and even any Substitute completely shuts down Transform/Imposter.

So I've come up with this Alcremie build and it works pretty well as a setup sweeper.

Alcremie
252 SPDEF
252 HP
4 SPATK
+SPD - ATK

Aroma Veil
Pecha Berry

Chain:
  • Calm Mind
  • Acid Armor
Draining Kiss
Stored Power

The idea is that this is your usual bulky setup sweeper with defensive and offensive buff stacking, except Aroma Veil makes it immune to Taunt. Stored Power used for nuking, Draining Kiss used to kill dark types and to heal. Pecha berry is there to counter Toxic, as there are quite a few Toxic + Venoshock Gengars out there and blocking Toxic allows Alcremie to kill with Stored Power in return.

It really only dies to buff removal, forced switchout and crit sets. Very difficult to remove otherwise, especially if paired with Reflect/Light Screen setup beforehand.

Me
Regieleki faces the exact same issue as it does in OU—literally any ground type walls it. It can link all it wants but that doesn't change this fact.
Mew is a non-issue if not running Block, and even if it is, it's always wise to have at least one faster teammate even on trick room teams for the times that trick room is offline. A fast/prankster Taunt user is good, and even any Substitute completely shuts down Transform/Imposter.
I admit i have been spamming regieleki/ koko on the ladder. Regieleki is a deadweight against half the teams i face.I am surprised how many people don't protect their ground types. When i see more than one ground, its a good sack/ explosion to maintain momentum.

in regards to mew, i don't think it is broken. it has no priority,is predictable and easily taunted/tricked. and outsped. It is great against slower team and i have lost many games to it. but unlike other threats (volcorona) there is some counterplay.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8linked-1510402633
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8linked-1510669652
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8linked-1510675618

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)