Metagame Linked

I think i found a bug:
My enemy started the game with Grimmsnarl and used Reflect and Lightscreen as his linked moves at the start of the game.
Later that game he had Grimmsnarl on the field again with no Screens up and I had Sharpedo with ~ 700 speed because of speed boost.
I used Auqa Jet and he used his Linked Reflect Lightscreen Combo again, but this time his Reflect came out before my Aquajet, even though I was faster, and his Lightscreen didn't work at all.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8linked-1503290488 Turn 17
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8linked-1503329445 Here the same thing Turn 4

Apparently if you have double priority link moves, your first move will always go first, even if the enemy has faster priority.

Last edited:
Quick question.
If you have Gale Wings Talonflame and your linked moves are Brave Bird -> Roost, will it have priority?
Edit: nvm I just found out the hard way and it doesn't work. This also means the " Note that move priority is calculated before the turn, so even if a move changes priority somehow, both moves are still used in succession." is either wrong or the code is wrong.

Another thing that I had noticed while playing is that Speed Ties can break Links. While fighting an opposing Garchomp, I used Sword Dance that is linked to Scale Shot, and the opposing Garchomp was able to hit me after I used Sword Dance but not after Scale Shot.
I didn’t save the replay, but I’m sure other people had similar issues.

Last edited:
" Note that move priority is calculated before the turn, so even if a move changes priority somehow, both moves are still used in succession." is either wrong or the code is wrong.
Probably the text, because it doesn't take into account Gen 8's switch to dynamic turn order determination. For example, in a Doubles battle, if you (e.g.) Feint your opponent's Talonflame, its Brave Bird becomes normal priority, and it will not move until after your faster ally, which wouldn't have happened in Gen 7.

Probably the text, because it doesn't take into account Gen 8's switch to dynamic turn order determination. For example, in a Doubles battle, if you (e.g.) Feint your opponent's Talonflame, its Brave Bird becomes normal priority, and it will not move until after your faster ally, which wouldn't have happened in Gen 7.
Thanks for clarifying.
Another thing I would also like to know is if Charge linked to an Electric move would double it's power the turn it's used, or would the effect only apply for the turn after? I hope it would double the damage since Pincurchin under Trick Room would be wild.
252+ SpA Life Orb Pincurchin Rising Voltage (280 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Blissey in Electric Terrain: 511-602 (71.5 - 84.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO.

Ivy

resident enigma
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor
Another thing I would also like to know is if Charge linked to an Electric move would double it's power the turn it's used, or would the effect only apply for the turn after? I hope it would double the damage since Pincurchin under Trick Room would be wild.
252+ SpA Life Orb Pincurchin Rising Voltage (280 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Blissey in Electric Terrain: 511-602 (71.5 - 84.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO.
Yes, that's one of the oldest synergies that's been working since 2015 :p

Yes, that's one of the oldest synergies that's been working since 2015 :p
Cool.
While Nasty Plot (and Sword Dance) are better, this combo is super deadly.
:ss/zeraora: :ss/Tapu Koko:
Zeraora @ Magnet/Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Charge
- Rising Voltage

- Grass Knot
- Focus Blast/Volt Switch
Tapu Koko @ Heavy-Duty Boots/Terrain Extender
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Roost
- U-turn

- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
After some testing, and while Pincurchin was a bit disappoint due to coverage issues and Trick Room, I think it’s actually worth it to have Terrain Support from Tapu Koko for Zeraora.
Charged Rising Voltage with the conditions met is untold amounts of power. So much so that it can do well over half to Blissey.
252 SpA Magnet Zeraora Rising Voltage (280 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Blissey in Electric Terrain: 463-546 (64.8 - 76.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Zeraora Rising Voltage (280 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Blissey in Electric Terrain: 385-454 (53.9 - 63.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
You know you’re dealing with something special when a Pokemon can 2HKO Blissey targetting its Special Defense. It basically OHKOs everything aside from Electric Immunes and fringe cases like Goodra, Dragonite, Blissey, or something that just changed your terrain like Rillaboom.
With all the bonuses from Charge, Electric Terrain, Magnet, and the target being grounded, Rising Voltage becomes essentially stronger than Dracovish’s Fishious Rend.
252+ Atk Choice Band Strong Jaw Dracovish Fishious Rend (170 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 532-627 (156 - 183.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Magnet Zeraora Rising Voltage (280 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mew in Electric Terrain: 603-709 (176.8 - 207.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Grass Knot and Focus Blast are for most common of Electric Immunes Zeraora has coverage for, since Zeraora can deal with everything else with just Rising Voltage. Focus Blast specifically being for Excadrill.
Alternatively, you can go mixed with Plasma Fist and Close Combat, which won’t need Terrain Support. However, 200 BP (260 BP in Electric Terrain) is a farcry from 364 BP, Zeraora will be a bit frailer, Grass Knot/Volt Switch won’t be as strong, many common Pokemon it could have KOed like weakened Landorus-T force it out, and Zeraora becomes dead weight if it gets Burned. It really depends on your team since Electric Terrain isn’t 100% reliable either. Rising Voltage still gets a Terrain Boost, but won’t double in power if the target is airborne (which usually isn’t a problem but many Dragons are airborne like Dragonite, Hydregion, and Salamance, who will be neutral or resist Rising Voltage).
Between the other users of this combo, Zeraora is the best one due to how fast it is and the coverage it has. Thundurus has Nasty Plot which is an upgrade from Charge, but initially is actually pretty weak since it doesn’t get the 1.3x boost from Terrains.
+2 252 SpA Thundurus Rising Voltage (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Blissey: 342-403 (47.8 - 56.4%) -- 86.7% chance to 2HKO
+2 252 SpA Magnet Thundurus Rising Voltage (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Blissey: 409-483 (57.2 - 67.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
But more imporantly, it’s slower by several miles. You may have more power since Thundurus can use Nasty Plot multiple times or Nasty Plot in Slot 3/4 into Charge+Rising Voltage, but now Weavile a Dragapult are threats to you instead. Plus there is the whole Stealth Rock weakness too and how Terrain doesn’t last forever.
Pincurchin should be avoided despite setting its own Terrain because it’s so slow and only a few Water moves to beat Ground types with. It also basically requires Trick Room support, which is awful when its claim to fame is Electric Spam that gets ruined due to any marginally bulky Ground type.
Xurkitree can also do this combo, but while being the strongest one to the point where it will OHKO Chansey after Stealth Rock as seen here;
252+ SpA Magnet Xurkitree Rising Voltage (280 BP) vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Eviolite Chansey in Electric Terrain: 616-726 (87.6 - 103.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
Xurkitree is too slow, being basically only fast enought to outspeed walls and slower Wallbreakers, as well and only has Grass Knot for coverage, but at least has Dazzling Gleam for Dragons (which only matters for Hydregion and that’s full health on. Rising Voltage is so strong it will do 80%-95% to Hydregion despite Levitate). That much power is also way too much overkill for what you sacrifice and the effort to set Xurkitree up.

As for Tapu Koko, it’s very underrated. Two huge threats in the tier are Weavile and Dragon Dance Dragapult. The former is simply outsped, and the latter, while still being able to Dragon Dance, typically uses Dragon Darts for its Linked move, which Tapu Koko is immune too. Tapu Koko of course threatens both with Dazzling Gleam. In fact, this set is the standard set but with Roost > U-turn as its linked moves. I have seen [Recovery] > [Pivot] links before, but they usually were not as effective as it meant the Pokemon couldn’t wall something when their recovery would remove them from the field. Tapu Koko uses this combination better as it is just bulky enough to take a hit from most sources and use the combination of power+speed to threaten the opponent.
Of course, Tapu Koko’s main purpose here is to support its team with Electric Terrain, namely making Zeraora (or which ever Rising Voltage Pokemon you want to you) into Special Dracozolt on Ketamine, but also can screw over your opponent’s sleep strategies and still provide a small boost to Electric coverage on your team. Unfortunately Alolan Raichu (by extention of its ability) is banned and Hawlucha is effectively banned as well, which limits the things an Electric Terrain team can do.

Do keep in mind this core is also pretty weak against Ground types so when a Landorus-T or Hippowdon is on the field, treat it like the floor is lava (or floor in this case) and have some good Flying types to switch into.

Some fun Trick Room abusers:

Pangoro @ Custap Berry
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Close Combat
- Lash Out
- Bullet Punch
- Endure

This mon is a menace and a half. Under trick room, it's practically 3 guaranteed KOs (Even 2HKOing Clefable) and after trick room you can still pick up a surprise KO with endure + Custap. Bullet punch is to allow you to finish off weakened foes without using up your custap, but doesn't do much damage.

Sylveon @ Throat Spray
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Def
Quiet Nature
- Echoed Voice
- Copycat
- Mystical Fire
- Misty Explosion/Hyper Voice/Wish/Reflect/Light Screen/Heal Bell/Celebrate/Whatever you want you only ever click Echoed Voice

Echoed Voice reaches astromical levels of power in just 1 turn of offensive setup. Sylveon is also bulky enough to take a couple of hits, so can be useful even outside of trick room, which is especially useful in matchups such as the Clefable matchup, where Clefable won't be able to take out (Calm mind + Moonblast) or outheal (Calm Mind + Softboiled) Sylveon before falling to echoed voice. Mystical fire is for Ferrothorn or other turn 1 steel types you need to break, though you won't be able to underspeed Ferrothorn in Trick Room.

Marowak-Alola @ Thick Club
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Bone
- Fire Punch
- Bonemerang

Marowak-A is not exactly a surprising pokémon on Trick Room teams, but this one runs shadow bone and fire punch for more reliable STABS (i.e. STABS which can't miss), bonemerang to break sashes, and lightning rod to help with Regieleki, Tapu Koko, and rising voltage abusers in general. The classic rock head Flare blitz + shadow bone/Poltegeist is always an option too, of course.

Shedinja @ Protective Pads
Ability: Wonder Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance
- Phantom Force/Protect/Leech Life

This mon can slot itself onto a variety of teams. Protective pads are chosen here over boots because rocky helmet is a very common item, and a lot of teams can be denied hazards with the crazy amount of offensive pressure available (and many teams don't even bring hazards). With shadow sneak + sucker punch, Shedinja can overcome its awful speed stat to potentially revengekill opposing pokémon, notably KOing Dragapult from full. Swords dance can be used late game to clean up, and phantom force can be used on the final turn of Trick Room or on a switch outside of trick room to allow Shedinja to land its attack after avoiding the opponents' (then following up with shadow sneak + sucker punch). Leech Life can hit dark types as they switch in, and protect can scout for knock off, but is risky given the opponent could be clicking something like swords dance + knock off.

Some fun Trick Room abusers:

Pangoro @ Custap Berry
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Close Combat
- Lash Out
- Bullet Punch
- Endure

This mon is a menace and a half. Under trick room, it's practically 3 guaranteed KOs (Even 2HKOing Clefable) and after trick room you can still pick up a surprise KO with endure + Custap. Bullet punch is to allow you to finish off weakened foes without using up your custap, but doesn't do much damage.

Sylveon @ Throat Spray
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Def
Quiet Nature
- Echoed Voice
- Copycat
- Mystical Fire
- Misty Explosion/Hyper Voice/Wish/Reflect/Light Screen/Heal Bell/Celebrate/Whatever you want you only ever click Echoed Voice

Echoed Voice reaches astromical levels of power in just 1 turn of offensive setup. Sylveon is also bulky enough to take a couple of hits, so can be useful even outside of trick room, which is especially useful in matchups such as the Clefable matchup, where Clefable won't be able to take out (Calm mind + Moonblast) or outheal (Calm Mind + Softboiled) Sylveon before falling to echoed voice. Mystical fire is for Ferrothorn or other turn 1 steel types you need to break, though you won't be able to underspeed Ferrothorn in Trick Room.

Marowak-Alola @ Thick Club
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Bone
- Fire Punch
- Bonemerang

Marowak-A is not exactly a surprising pokémon on Trick Room teams, but this one runs shadow bone and fire punch for more reliable STABS (i.e. STABS which can't miss), bonemerang to break sashes, and lightning rod to help with Regieleki, Tapu Koko, and rising voltage abusers in general. The classic rock head Flare blitz + shadow bone/Poltegeist is always an option too, of course.

Shedinja @ Protective Pads
Ability: Wonder Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance
- Phantom Force/Protect/Leech Life

This mon can slot itself onto a variety of teams. Protective pads are chosen here over boots because rocky helmet is a very common item, and a lot of teams can be denied hazards with the crazy amount of offensive pressure available (and many teams don't even bring hazards). With shadow sneak + sucker punch, Shedinja can overcome its awful speed stat to potentially revengekill opposing pokémon, notably KOing Dragapult from full. Swords dance can be used late game to clean up, and phantom force can be used on the final turn of Trick Room or on a switch outside of trick room to allow Shedinja to land its attack after avoiding the opponents' (then following up with shadow sneak + sucker punch). Leech Life can hit dark types as they switch in, and protect can scout for knock off, but is risky given the opponent could be clicking something like swords dance + knock off.
I was played against you.
Aside from diversifying your Trick Room setters, I would say your team needs more kick to it.
Like even if Echo Voice Sylveon actually worked as intended, it kind of sucks under Trick Room anyways.
You need to use Pokemon with more immediate power since you’ll only have Trick Room for 3 turns.
Thankfully this is linked, so immediate power isn’t hard to come by. I think you could add something like this.
:ss/slowking-galar: :ss/slowbro:
Slowking-Galar @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Nasty Plot
- Expanding Force

- Sludge Bomb/Psyshock
- Fire Blast/Fire Blast

Slowbro @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Psychic Terrain
- Teleport

- Trick Room
- Future Sight

Here is an example of a pretty dangerous Trick Room threat. Slowking gets protection from priority attacks while being able to fire off a 156 BP Expending Force that is boosted by Nasty Plot before you use it. Basically only Dark types, Psychic/Steel types, really bulky Psychic and Steel types, and Blissey would be able to switch in at that point if you just used Expanding Force. The coverage options of Psyshock, Sludge Bomb, Fire Blast, and Focus Blast all have some way to deal with those checks too. Psyshock for Blissey with Focus Blast for Darks and Steels, Sludge Bomb when you don’t want to rely on Focus Miss to beat Dark types with Fire Blast for more Steel types.
This Slowbro set can also act for non-trick room teammates, which is a common mistake in Trick Room teams. You still want to have faster Pokemon on a Trick Room team so you are not relying on just Pokemon slower than Walls for short bursts.

I was played against you.
Aside from diversifying your Trick Room setters, I would say your team needs more kick to it.
Like even if Echo Voice Sylveon actually worked as intended, it kind of sucks under Trick Room anyways.
You need to use Pokemon with more immediate power since you’ll only have Trick Room for 3 turns.
Thankfully this is linked, so immediate power isn’t hard to come by. I think you could add something like this.
I tend to build a team with some mons I think are fun, then replace the other mons by trial and error; I'm not sure what I had when I faced you, but my current team's newest members are Porygon2 as a more reliable neutral typed setter, and Blacephalon as a threat outside of trick room.

Echoed Voice Sylveon was a replacement for Marowak-A because I didn't really have any special attackers (I found Clefable and Buzzwole hard to deal with), and I thought it was a fun idea: getting a kill with the first Echoed voice isn't an unreasonable task, since even at 40 (52 after pixelate) power, with throat spray it has quite respectable damage output: and after that, it can OHKO most steel types outside of Ferrothorn and Heatran. I admit it's probably not the best choice, but I enjoy seeing Excadrill, Corviknight, Melmetal and Scizor drop to it.

1644101873874.png

My first decent team: https://pokepast.es/9c49591dccb11202

Volt-Turn Spam with Clef and broken Volc. Just spam Volt-Turn until they let you bring Volc in safely; if you screw something up Clef usually gives you one do-over.

Biggest problem is Heatran which does poorly against the Volt-Turn core, but completely walls Clef and Volc and the team has no real switch in to Magma Storm + Toxic/Sub.

Pretty much nothing walls Volc except Heatran. Phsydef Clef cannot switch into Flamethrower, and neither can Quag if it has taken any chip.

Sitrus Berry is very good on Clef, letting you set up much more easily surviving most double attacks. EVs let you beat opposing Clefs and handle Volc better.

You can probably drop roost on Koko, I clicked it one time in the last 20 games.

Bonus: CaptMicrowave signature no inaccurate moves!

Last edited:
View attachment 404481

My first decent team: https://pokepast.es/9c49591dccb11202

Volt-Turn Spam with Clef and broken Volc. Just spam Volt-Turn until they let you bring Volc in safely; if you screw something up Clef usually gives you one do-over.

Biggest problem is Heatran which does poorly against the Volt-Turn core, but completely walls Clef and Volc and the team has no real switch in to Magma Storm + Toxic/Sub.

Pretty much nothing walls Volc except Heatran. Phsydef Clef cannot switch into Flamethrower, and neither can Quag if it has taken any chip.

Sitrus Berry is very good on Clef, letting you set up much more easily surviving most double attacks. EVs let you beat opposing Clefs and handle Volc better.

You can probably drop roost on Koko, I clicked it one time in the last 20 games.

Bonus: CaptMicrowave signature no inaccurate moves!
I think that Koko would have a Defog > U-turn/Volt Switch Link and then replace Roost with Thunderbolt.

Anyone else think that Dragapult and Kartana are problematic?
Due to the different quirks of the meta, it's extremely hard to counter play them both.
Choice Scarf is virtually non-existent, all the speed based abilities are banned, and it's way harder to fit in defensive Pokemon in this metagame than it is in standard.
:Dragapult:
Dragon Dance Dragapult basically requires you to have an Unaware Pokemon, a Fairy, or Bisharp if you don't want to be run over by it when it gets in safely. If you don't have one of those Pokemon, expect at least 1 Pokemon to be gone whenever it happens. Nothing will outspeed it once it uses Dragon Dance, and only something like a Fairy, bulky Steel type, or Unaware can tank a +1 Dragon Dart followed by +2 Dragon Dart. And aside from Clefable, which is a lot easier to deal with in this meta, the rest aren't really great options either. Unless you're running a stall team, the only thing stopping Dragapult here is priority. But guess what, priority is nerfed in the meta, using the lowest priority in a link or has to be unlinked.
Then there is the issue of Dragapult's other sets. If the opponent has Hex Dragapult, your Unaware Clefable is dead to rights. Grimmsnarl and Bisharp now can't switch in safely, and most priority becomes weaker with a few exceptions that don't like Dragapult's other sets. If Dragapult is Draco Meteor > U-turn, what ever Special Wall or Fairy you sent out (assuming you knew the set some how) will find itself against a physical attacking partner that will shit on that passive Pokemon you have or what ever switches into it. Basically Dragon Dance is already a hard centralizing set compounded by the fact that Dragapult has a diverse move pool.

:Kartana:
While Choice Scarf and Band are not as great of sets for Kartana, it makes up for them with using Sword Dance + Attack, Tailwind + Attack, or both Tail Wind and Sword Dance. Like for Dragapult, the number of defensive measures for Kartana are almost 0 and force you to really go out of your way to beat Kartana teams. Instead of having hard to deal with speed, which it still does when it uses Tailwind (in which case, prepare to sack 3 whole Pokemon if you don't have a surprise like no reason Focus Sash or Vacuum Wave) and the lack of Scarf users, it OKs nearly everything in sight. Because of its Steel typing, it makes it so you can't ever send a passive Pokemon onto the field, and you better hope you KO a Pokemon on your opponent's side with something that can OHKO Kartana and outspeed it. That's one of Kartana's biggest problems. Its presence will just prevent you from ever send out a passive Pokemon, one that you otherwise need to not be rolled over by another Pokemon, since 1 free turn it can get is basically GG at that point.

And I'll be honest, these 2 should be looked it most OMs since they are almost always broken being how they are borderline broken in regular OU. It really shows that just given a few tweaks that these 2 are absolute Ubers material. So it's not really a surprise they are broken here again.

Ivy

resident enigma
In keeping with the general ban on Speed-upping abilities paired with the evidence of Sharpedo and Scolipede being quite a nuisance on the ladder, we're going to ban Speed Boost. Both Sharpedo and Scolipede get gnarly wins in different ways (super fast Assurance vs. endure + protective pads + endeavor) so it's evident that the ability itself is simply too advantageous. It's possible that this change will get Dragapult in an even better position, so we'll keep our eye on that too.

:Kartana: :Kartana: :Kartana:

Paper Planes (Kartana) @ Miracle Seed
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 19 Atk
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- Sacred Sword

Yes, I know what this looks like, but hear me out.

With 19 Attack EVs and a Timid nature Kartana hits a low enough attack to boost it’s speed via it’s Beast Boost when it gets a KO. Luckily, Beast Boost does not take stat changes into account, so this Kartana set can come in on anything and just threaten to win the game. At +1 it easily outspeeds Dragapult and pretty much anything barring Regieleki. Knock Off allows it to hit Shedinja, and Sacred Sword is there to hit Corviknight. I opted for Miracle Seed over Life Orb because I kept losing my Kartana because I chipped myself. This thing is also deceptively powerful, as it still has a serviceable 694 Attack after a Swords Dance and is immensely threatening. I know this looks like a gimmick but I actually think it is decent as it threatens to 6-0 under the right conditions.

Feel free to be a critic, and happy teambuilding!

Ivy

resident enigma
With 19 Attack EVs and a Timid nature Kartana hits a low enough attack to boost it’s speed via it’s Beast Boost when it gets a KO. Luckily, Beast Boost does not take stat changes into account, so this Kartana set can come in on anything and just threaten to win the game. At +1 it easily outspeeds Dragapult and pretty much anything barring Regieleki. Knock Off allows it to hit Shedinja, and Sacred Sword is there to hit Corviknight. I opted for Miracle Seed over Life Orb because I kept losing my Kartana because I chipped myself. This thing is also deceptively powerful, as it still has a serviceable 694 Attack after a Swords Dance and is immensely threatening. I know this looks like a gimmick but I actually think it is decent as it threatens to 6-0 under the right conditions.
Congratulations, you rediscovered the hotness of 2017 pre-Bank gen 7 OU!
a lot more consistent to just have tailwind and boost attack lol.

Congratulations, you rediscovered the hotness of 2017 pre-Bank gen 7 OU!
a lot more consistent to just have tailwind and boost attack lol.
I’m aware people know of it lol, I’m just, uh, looking back it it idk

Edit - I remembered why now: Kartana is broken lol

Can we please take a look into weavile? If u play linked I garantee you will find it on 99% of teams. It's speed teir means only mons like regielecki, zeraora, and dragapult outspeed it. And it has one of the highest attack stats for both it's typings. All the faster Pokemon also have something that makes them niche. Electric being immune to ground. Dragapult not being able to use it's stab against fairies. Barrasweda is stopped by anything that resists water or has water absorb. Katana needs a scarf.

Plus half of them are flying type. Guess what type isn't protected by psychic terrain? Flying. Guess what type Weavile is? Ice. Guess what move it has stab on? Ice shard. Swords Dance beat up bypasses focus sashes. It can feasibly straight up sweep u from the get go especially considering priority moves need to be doubled up on to maintain their priority status. (And to be frank, aerialdactyl doesn't exist)

There's also icicle crash assurance, which gives king's rock vibes and 2hko's klefki which cannot paralyze it due to dark type prankster immunity.

If they have weavile, you have to always expect them to lead weavile even if they have a galvantula or rimbombee or something like that which is usually a lead. Steel types boost the power of low kick due to their weight and they don't resist dark type anyways.

Last edited:
I can guarentee you that dragapult is on 99.9% of the teams, here you go perfect check.
I'm also agree with that.. Dragapult is in all fast team

Imo, and because i only play trick Room team weavile is not realy a pb with a porigon2 eviolite.. If no haxx i can take my Room and destroy some mons.. And its the same think with Dragapult..

Of course its OK for turn 1.. If these 2 are already set up it s more difficult..

I prefer battle a weavile than a cancer mew imprison + transform

Why does hyper beam recharge not work when choiced? I was trying a scarf porygon-z with hyper beam in the first slot but it didn't recharge with the second move. It seems like it should since the second move should be replaced with recharge and therefore shouldn't fail due to the choice locking.

I climbed back to #1 from about 1300, but this time with a Wigglytuff on my team.

1644466372533.png

https://pokepast.es/d21dfb8f1b95c3ba

Dragapult OP, anything that can switch into and beat DD Darts dies easily to Wisp Hex (anything except Wigglytuff). I'm going to explore non-screens Grimmsnarl as a potential counter. Perhaps compressing the roles of Wigglytuff and Klefki.

VoltTurn has been the only thing performing reliably for me. Trick Room and Tailwind seem incredibly strong (Tailwind especially), but I am not familiar with building those; surprisingly I see way more screens than those other two. Otherwise most teams are just 5 common threats + Clef/Ditto.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)