SV Ubers Life of Lies [Bazaar Approved]

Zest of Life

Banned deucer.

~ You’re living a life of lies. You’re living a life in disguise. ~

DLC2 Update: https://pokepast.es/41addbf395f02fb0

The line above captures the essence of using stall in the current meta. With the Indigo Disk DLC dropping in just over a week, I wanted to share what I found to be the most efficient stall in DLC1 SV Ubers. Building stall is quite tricky this generation, as nearly every team can be folded by the right Koraidon or Miraidon set. However, stall is the best playstyle to achieve consistent results on ladder. In fact, jb291/lomiph earned the ELO and GXE record (1900+ and 94%) of DLC1 using a team composition of Blissey / Clodsire / Alomomola / Dondozo / Giratina-O / Band Koraidon. While this structure is fine, it primarily relies on winning by using Band Koraidon to break things - which means Gira-O will be constantly forced to Defog to remove hazards, which resets any progress made. The key to using stall in SV is winning the hazard war and status things with Toxic since no clerics exist outside Blissey. To win the Hazard war, you must ensure you get all your hazards up without needing to Defog since that resets your progress. Keeping this idea in mind, I started building a stall team that could take advantage of winning the hazard war.

The structure I posted here is Boots Spam, as every member outside of Gliscor has Heavy-Duty Boots, so I don't have to waste a slot running a Defogger. The rest of the build is fairly standard: Clodsire + Blissey provide the best defense against Miraidon (though CM + Taunt Mirai can beat them), Skeledirge + Dondozo offer the best defense against Koraidon + Zacian-C (though SD + Taunt Korai can beat them), max speed Gliscor provides a back up check to a variety of things while being the tier's best Spiker, and Eternatus is the win con of this team. Dragon Tail can be used to phaze and rack up chip damage via hazards, while Tera Dark, Cosmic Power & Toxic help it defeat dangerous late-game sweepers like Kingambit and Basculegion.

Screenshot 2023-12-10 at 1.26.50 AM.png

Without a doubt, Gliscor is the most pivotal member of this team. This thing is nearly unkillable, and that’s not an understatement. Being able to consistently set up Spikes, spread Toxic, and PP stall with Protect while passively recovering via Toxic Orb makes it a staple. Since Gliscor is using Spikes, it frees up a moveslot on Clodsire, which allowed me to fit in the moves described earlier. Fast Gliscor might seem odd, but its goal is to land a Toxic on many slower mons along with 308-309 EKiller, which can help with outlasting these threats should Skeledirge and Dondozo be weakened. When using this team, it is imperative to not let Gliscor get chipped too early on. Its bulk is good, but not that good.

Screenshot 2023-12-10 at 1.27.19 AM.png

Blissey is mandatory on nearly every stall team. She provides excellent utility as a special wall, while being able to set up Stealth Rock. Since Blissey lost Confide this generation, Calm Mind is necessary to stand up to non-Taunt CM versions of Miraidon. Tera Grass provides utility vs both Tera Water Specs Kyogre and Parabolic Charge Miraidon. If you’re willing to sacrifice the Specs Kyogre match up, then Tera Ground can be run in place. Seismic Toss + Softboiled are essential moves for outlasting opponents.

Screenshot 2023-12-10 at 1.27.14 AM.png

Water Absorb Clodsire is undoubtedly the best Miraidon and Kyogre check in stall. It provides an excellent defense against the aforementioned checks and can viably run Tera Steel or Tera Dark to improve the matchup versus CM Miraidon or NP Mewtwo. Clodsire’s objective is to spread Toxic and tank hits. 8 Speed EVs allow it to outspeed other Clodsire’s. The choice between Haze and Amnesia is entirely up to the builder. Amnesia is viable, but you do risk untimely crits, while Haze risks running out of PP faster.

Screenshot 2023-12-10 at 1.26.57 AM.png

While being used less than Alomomola and Toxapex in many builds, I still believe Skeledirge is the best check to Koraidon, Zacian-C, and EKiller in Stall. Since this team does not run a defogger, Boots Skeledirge is a better option than Helmet Alomomola and Toxapex. It only takes a +2 Zacian-C carrying Wild Charge in Electric Terrain to OHKO the other two after Stealth Rock or Spikes. For that reason, Tera Fairy Skeledirge is the best option on this build. The moveset is standard, with Shadow Ball being used over Hex to achieve more immediate damage, which is desirable.

Screenshot 2023-12-10 at 1.27.03 AM.png

Another pivotal member of every stall team. Thanks to Unaware, Dondozo is able to stand up to many physical attackers that would otherwise overwhelm Skeledirge, like DD Groundceus. Dondozo’s biggest flaw is its over-reliance on Rest, which is negated by Electric Terrain. Despite this shortcoming, I find Dondozo to provide an adequate back-up versus the dangerous physical threats that swarm this tier. The Tera Type is odd, but it provides Dondozo with an out versus Choice Band Low Kick Koraidon and DD + Taunt Groundceus. The moveset also differs from the suggested set on the analysis page, but Avalanche and Body Press are generally more useful for dealing serviceable damage to stallbreakers like Rayquaza and Kingambit respectively.

Screenshot 2023-12-10 at 1.27.33 AM.png

Every stall team requires a win condition. While jb291/lomiph decided to use Band Koraidon as theirs, this team opted for Cosmic Power + Dragon Tail Eternatus. Being incredibly fast, Eternatus can spread Toxic and outlast key stallbreakers like Basculegion, Kingambit, and Mewtwo by virtue of Pressure, Tera Dark, and Cosmic Power. Dragon Tail synergizes well on this build, since the goal is to rack up damage via hazards and phazing. An alternative option would be running Fire Spin over Dragon Tail or Toxic, to deal passive trapping damage. However, while testing this build, I found the moveset above most effective.

CM + Taunt Miraidon & SD + Taunt Koraidon - Play carefully, but this is honestly quite a difficult matchup. Any competent player using these two in tandem will win on the spot.
NP & Specs Mewtwo - You have to Tera Dark Eternatus and start setting up Cosmic Power + Toxic to stand up to Mewtwo.
Basculegion & Kingambit - Tera Dark Eternatus is your best friend here. Versus Kingambit, Dondozo can also heavily chip it with Body Press.
Rayquaza - This thing was built to decimate stall. You have to try to beat it before it Tera Flying’s and starts eviscerating things with +1 LO Dragon Ascent.
Ogerpon-Hearthflame - A rare stallbreaker that can somewhat be dealt with Eternatus. If it’s carrying Mold Breaker and Throat Chop, it does beat Skeledirge. Use caution when facing this beast.

I mentioned this in my bazaar post, but I still stand by the fact that stall is not a viable playstyle as long as things like CM + Taunt Miraidon and SD + Taunt Koraidon exist. A common misconception is these two threats can solo stall on their own. They can’t, but they can dent it enough to enable other breakers to win long-term (think of threats like DD Ray, EKiller, Specs Mewtwo, and Zacian-C).

corvere, OreoSpeedruns, and Taka for providing great advice and insights about SV Ubers
awyp for riveting discussions about the NBA
PatheticAce for providing fun test games in SS/SV Ubers
jb291 for inspiring me to build this team, after setting the ELO & GXE record of SV Ubers
All the honest crackheads who motivated me to post this RMT (they know who they are)
You for reading allat!

Last edited:

~ You’re living a life of lies. You’re living a life in disguise. ~

https://pokepast.es/12513c3ebd412770

The line above captures the essence of using stall in the current meta. With the Indigo Disk DLC dropping in just over a week, I wanted to share what I found to be the most efficient stall in SV Ubers. Building stall is quite tricky this generation, as nearly every team can be folded by the right Koraidon or Miraidon set. However, stall is the best playstyle to achieve consistent results on ladder. In fact, jb291/lomiph earned the ELO and GXE record (1900+ and 94%) using a team composition of Blissey / Clodsire / Alomomola / Dondozo / Giratina-O / Band Koraidon. While this structure is fine, it primarily relies on winning by using Band Koraidon to break things - which means Gira-O will be constantly forced to Defog to remove hazards, which resets any progress made. The key to using stall in SV is winning the hazard war and status things with Toxic since no clerics exist outside Blissey. To win the Hazard war, you must ensure you get all your hazards up without needing to Defog since that resets your progress. Keeping this idea in mind, I started building a stall team that could take advantage of winning the hazard war.

The structure I posted here is Boots Spam, as every member outside of Gliscor has Heavy-Duty Boots, so I don't have to waste a slot running a Defogger. The rest of the build is fairly standard: Clodsire + Blissey provide the best defense against Miraidon (though CM + Taunt Mirai can beat them), Skeledirge + Dondozo offer the best defense against Koraidon + Zacian-C (though SD + Taunt Korai can beat them), max speed Gliscor provides a back up check to a variety of things while being the tier's best Spiker, and Eternatus is the win con of this team. Dragon Tail can be used to phaze and rack up chip damage via hazards, while Tera Dark, Cosmic Power & Toxic help it defeat dangerous late-game sweepers like Kingambit and Basculegion.

View attachment 578121

Without a doubt, Gliscor is the most pivotal member of this team. This thing is nearly unkillable, and that’s not an understatement. Being able to consistently set up Spikes, spread Toxic, and PP stall with Protect while passively recovering via Toxic Orb makes it a staple. Since Gliscor is using Spikes, it frees up a moveslot on Clodsire, which allowed me to fit in the moves described earlier. Fast Gliscor might seem odd, but its goal is to land a Toxic on many slower mons along with 308-309 EKiller, which can help with outlasting these threats should Skeledirge and Dondozo be weakened. When using this team, it is imperative to not let Gliscor get chipped too early on. Its bulk is good, but not that good.

View attachment 578123

Blissey is mandatory on nearly every stall team. She provides excellent utility as a special wall, while being able to set up Stealth Rock. Since Blissey lost Confide this generation, Calm Mind is necessary to stand up to non-Taunt CM versions of Miraidon. Tera Grass provides utility vs both Tera Water Specs Kyogre and Parabolic Charge Miraidon. If you’re willing to sacrifice the Specs Kyogre match up, then Tera Ground can be run in place. Seismic Toss + Softboiled are essential moves for outlasting opponents.

View attachment 578124

Water Absorb Clodsire is undoubtedly the best Miraidon and Kyogre check in stall. It provides an excellent defense against the aforementioned checks and can viably run Tera Steel or Tera Dark to improve the matchup versus CM Miraidon or NP Mewtwo. Clodsire’s objective is to spread Toxic and tank hits. 8 Speed EVs allow it to outspeed other Clodsire’s. The choice between Haze and Amnesia is entirely up to the builder. Amnesia is viable, but you do risk untimely crits, while Haze risks running out of PP faster.

View attachment 578129

While being used less than Alomomola and Toxapex in many builds, I still believe Skeledirge is the best check to Koraidon, Zacian-C, and EKiller in Stall. Since this team does not run a defogger, Boots Skeledirge is a better option than Helmet Alomomola and Toxapex. It only takes a +2 Zacian-C carrying Wild Charge in Electric Terrain to OHKO the other two after Stealth Rock or Spikes. For that reason, Tera Fairy Skeledirge is the best option on this build. The moveset is standard, with Shadow Ball being used over Hex to achieve more immediate damage, which is desirable.

View attachment 578127

Another pivotal member of every stall team. Thanks to Unaware, Dondozo is able to stand up to many physical attackers that would otherwise overwhelm Skeledirge, like DD Groundceus. Dondozo’s biggest flaw is its over-reliance on Rest, which is negated by Electric Terrain. Despite this shortcoming, I find Dondozo to provide an adequate back-up versus the dangerous physical threats that swarm this tier. The Tera Type is odd, but it provides Dondozo with an out versus Choice Band Low Kick Koraidon and DD + Taunt Groundceus. The moveset also differs from the suggested set on the analysis page, but Avalanche and Body Press are generally more useful for dealing serviceable damage to stallbreakers like Rayquaza and Kingambit respectively.

View attachment 578128

Every stall team requires a win condition. While jb291/lomiph decided to use Band Koraidon as theirs, this team opted for Cosmic Power + Dragon Tail Eternatus. Being incredibly fast, Eternatus can spread Toxic and outlast key stallbreakers like Basculegion, Kingambit, and Mewtwo by virtue of Pressure, Tera Dark, and Cosmic Power. Dragon Tail synergizes well on this build, since the goal is to rack up damage via hazards and phazing. An alternative option would be running Fire Spin over Dragon Tail or Toxic, to deal passive trapping damage. However, while testing this build, I found the moveset above most effective.

CM + Taunt Miraidon & SD + Taunt Koraidon - Play carefully, but this is honestly quite a difficult matchup. Any competent player using these two in tandem will win on the spot.
NP & Specs Mewtwo - You have to Tera Dark Eternatus and start setting up Cosmic Power + Toxic to stand up to Mewtwo.
Basculegion & Kingambit - Tera Dark Eternatus is your best friend here. Versus Kingambit, Dondozo can also heavily chip it with Body Press.
Rayquaza - This thing was built to decimate stall. You have to try to beat it before it Tera Flying’s and starts eviscerating things with +1 LO Dragon Ascent.
Ogerpon-Hearthflame - A rare stallbreaker that can somewhat be dealt with Eternatus. If it’s carrying Mold Breaker and Throat Chop, it does beat Skeledirge. Use caution when facing this beast.

I mentioned this in my bazaar post, but I still stand by the fact that stall is not a viable playstyle as long as things like CM + Taunt Miraidon and SD + Taunt Koraidon exist. A common misconception is these two threats can solo stall on their own. They can’t, but they can dent it enough to enable other breakers to win long-term (think of threats like DD Ray, EKiller, Specs Mewtwo, and Zacian-C). Once the Indigo Disk DLC releases, Ubers will have access to Regenerator Ho-Oh, which greatly aids in modifying this team to the more efficient composition of Ho-Oh / Alomomola / Blissey / Gliscor / Clodsire / Eternatus, which should function similarly to the current structure. Double Regenerator is absolutely busted, but unfortunately, there are new dangerous offensive threats to check like Kyurem-B & Zekrom.

corvere, OreoSpeedruns, and Taka for providing great advice and insights about SV Ubers
awyp for riveting discussions about the NBA
PatheticAce for providing fun test games in SS/SV Ubers
jb291 for inspiring me to build this team, after setting the ELO & GXE record of SV Ubers
All the honest crackheads who motivated me to post this RMT (they know who they are)
You for reading allat!

To be honest, you really shouldn’t care about kyurem black since it cannot do anything other than clap stall and such, which makes it outclassed by many other things due to the fact it has like zero useful moves, frail typing and such.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)