Metagross @ Leftovers
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 96 HP / 170 Atk / 244 SAtk
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Explosion
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Meteor Mash
- Rock Slide

Draws bulky waters, then Explodes for the OHKO.

Charizard (M) @ Petaya Berry
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 84 Atk / 244 Spd / 180 SAtk
Mild Nature (+SAtk, -Def)
- Fire Blast
- Focus Punch
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Substitute

Awesome thing. Damage calculations below.

Porygon2 @ Leftovers
Trait: Trace
EVs: 228 HP / 172 Def / 108 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt

Some para support for Zard.

Skarmory (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Keen Eye
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 64 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Rest
- Spikes
- Steel Wing
- Whirlwind

Psy. wall.

Snorlax (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 140 HP / 136 Atk / 56 Def / 176 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Body Slam
- Rest
- Shadow Ball
- Sleep Talk

Sp. wall.

Salamence (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 132 HP / 176 Atk / 152 Spd / 48 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Rock Slide

Kills whatever Zard didn't.

Yeah, I first kill bulky waters with Gross, which are Zard's biggest fear. Then I bring it and start Subbing. If there's a Special Wall there, Focus Punch. When both Petaya and Blaze activate,

44-52% to Blissey with Fire Blast
57-66% to Curselax with Fire Blast
58-69% to Stalklax with Fire Blast
100% to Regice with Fire Blast
42-50% to Milotic with Fire Blast
44-52% to Milotic with hp [leaves]
44-52% to Suicune with Fire Blast
62-72% to max HP DDmence with Fire Blast

and shit like that.

Team concept is quite meh imo, but w/e.

K, so you use meta to draw bulky waters in, then you OHKO? Seems like a waste, but if it works then w/e. imo you should try leading Zard for a few matches. Pert is pretty common as a bulky water nowadays, so you can try HP Grass on the switch in. Only problem is I'm not sure if that many common leads would switch out on Zard, lol.

Usually I would max out Zard's speed on a team like this, to make sure it outspeeds as much shit as possible. But then again, with only base 100, there's a LOT that can kill it before you FB.

Ironic that while you made this team with bulky wats in mind, you have none yourself. Pert over P2 imo, as you have a bit of a Tar weak atm, and etc.

What's SW on skarm for? imo drill peck works well enough.

imo RTlax likes double edge, but eh.

Any specific pokes you're trying to beat with those mence EVs? 252/252/4 works well enough imo.

Also you may have a hard time switching Zard in/having it kill more than one poke. It's pretty much too situational imo, ntm a missed FB can fuck you up really bad.

obi

formerly david stone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Those Snorlax calculations do not take Thick Fat into account, which nearly all Snorlax use over Immunity.

Most Snorlax have rest, so poison matters less. The ones that don't rest are mostly choice-banders, which also don't care about poison because they're constantly coming in and out.

This thread made me realize that if that Charizard showed up against me, I'd probably be in for some trouble, unless a fire blast missed. Time to use thick fat Snorlax!

Which in my opinion is stupid haha
With Thick Fat, Snorlax becomes an Ice resistance and a Fire resistance, and like Muchabi says, Immunity matters less when you have Rest anyway.

Anyway, unless I'm seriously missing something, HP Fire on Metagross is for Steels. If it's for Grass/Ice/Bug pokemon, Meteor Mash will do more. If it's for Steel pokemon (like I suspect it is), then Earthquake would do about as much in most cases. This would allow you to spend those 240 EVs on something else, probably a little speed and more HP.

EDIT: I knew that =(

Forretress too, which I began switching in after seeing so many people doing the "blow up bulky water turn 1/2" thing lol.

Yeah, I first kill bulky waters with Gross, which are Zard's biggest fear. Then I bring it and start Subbing. If there's a Special Wall there, Focus Punch. When both Petaya and Blaze activate,

44-52% to Blissey with Fire Blast
57-66% to Curselax with Fire Blast
58-69% to Stalklax with Fire Blast
100% to Regice with Fire Blast
42-50% to Milotic with Fire Blast
44-52% to Milotic with hp [leaves]
44-52% to Suicune with Fire Blast
62-72% to max HP DDmence with Fire Blast

and shit like that.
you actually calculated dmg percentages with zard?

heck I just learned from experience

If you want to kill bulky waters why not give Gross Tpunch and HP [leaves] over HP Fire and Rock Slide? With that it'll be able to potentially survive something like Swampert and Explode on something else later.

I have to go for a surprise kill instead of 2 or 3HKO'ing them. I can even use something like Rest/STalk/MMash/Sexplosion for that.

@VIL: Lol, yes. I did.

obi

formerly david stone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
HP Fire makes it so Metagross can stay in on Forretress and Skarmory and scare them off, forcing them to switch to a water if they don't expect you to Explode early.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Aside from Swampert, HP Grass is far from 2 - 3hko either.

I also don't like how Porygon2 is just another easy switch-in for Curselax to set up. And with Magneton and Metagross done, it could potentially sweep. If you need to status and sp attack, I'd go with a simple Gengar. It can easily disable atleast 2 pokemon with Hypnosis and Will-O-Wisp / Explosion / Destiny Bond, without even starting to use Thunder(bolt) + Ice Punch / Giga Drain.

I also don't like how Porygon2 is just another easy switch-in for Curselax to set up. And with Magneton and Metagross done, it could potentially sweep. If you need to status and sp attack, I'd go with a simple Gengar. It can easily disable atleast 2 pokemon with Hypnosis and Will-O-Wisp / Explosion / Destiny Bond, without even starting to use Thunder(bolt) + Ice Punch / Giga Drain.
Can't skarm wall Curselax 100% ? And Porygon2's most important role is beating DD'ers and it's good at it.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Can't skarm wall Curselax 100% ? And Porygon2's most important role is beating DD'ers and it's good at it.
That's not what I meant. Curselax and Magneton combo isn't rare, so you could expect your Skarmory to be a weak defense for it. Metagross would be useful here with explosion, but your team plan is to explode it on a water. That leaves you with only CBmence as an only threat to Curselax, which is not good imo.

CBmence, Skarmory, and SNorlax is plenty for DDers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)