Resource LGPE OU Viability Rankings

Eve

taking a break
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Community Leader
Aaaaand done! Thanks everyone for the submissions. Next time I may need to ask vapi some questions about the program, as I got a lot of error messages, but the output doesn't seem to have any issues so we'll roll with it.

LGPE OU Viability Rankings - Early 2024
S: :Melmetal::Mew:
A+: :aerodactyl-mega:|:Zapdos:
A: :blastoise-mega:|:Starmie::Gengar::Dugtrio-Alola:
A-: :venusaur-mega::beedrill-mega:|:Muk-Alola::Rhydon::Jolteon:
B+: :gyarados-mega:|:Clefable::Aerodactyl::Nidoqueen::Vaporeon::Exeggutor-Alola::Venusaur::Poliwrath:
B: :charizard-mega-x:|:Snorlax::Nidoking::Cloyster:
-=OU CUTOFF=-
B-: :pidgeot-mega::slowbro-mega:|:Dugtrio:
C+: :pinsir-mega:|:Persian-Alola::Kingler::Dragonite:
C: :Omastar::Chansey::Eevee-Starter:
C-: :Electrode:

D: :Sandslash::Alakazam::Raichu-Alola::Primeape::Golduck::Sandslash-Alola::Venomoth::Tentacruel::Rapidash::Pikachu-Starter::Tauros::Machamp:
1705791890840.png

Note that this graphic includes Pokemon that didn't make it onto the VR- I am not entirely sure why, but I cannot figure out how to change this.

Tier Shifts
Chansey fell from OU to UU
Dragonite fell from OU to UU
Persian-Alola fell from OU to UU

Clefable rose from UU to OU
Jolteon rose from UU to OU
Vaporeon rose from UU to OU
Venusaur rose from UU to OU

For the time being, Alakazam and Venomoth will remain in UUBL. This may be revisited.

Some things to note:
  • Only Pokemon that were ranked by at least 3 voters are included on the VR. This has no effect on any placements above the OU cutoff.
  • Mega Evolutions were put through their own rankings, and then inserted into the regular mons VR afterwards. This should result in rankings that more accurately reflect how the Mega Pokemon compete with each other, though I would argue that it may have resulted in very generous rankings for Mega Pidgeot, Slowbro, and Pinsir.
  • While the software would place D Rank Pokemon into several split lower rankings, I have grouped them into D Rank to avoid clutter.

New resources and LGPE CIRCUIT 2024 coming in the very near future!

Last edited:

Eve

taking a break
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Community Leader
Why is the cutoff in the middle of a tier???
Due to the tour i decided to check out the resources, something i havent done since like december. and this just baffles me.
many tiers have a tiering cutoff between B and B-, the choice is entirely arbitrary no matter what but this felt like a good representation of the tier in my opinion and the opinion of other top players

many tiers have a tiering cutoff between B and B-, the choice is entirely arbitrary no matter what but this felt like a good representation of the tier in my opinion and the opinion of other top players
Sorry I only play rby mostly and down there its Between B or B/C tier and C tier. Sorry for such a stupid question, i couldve thought about it and realized "Cuz it is" is probably just the answer lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)