SV OU Legion of Boom: looking for improvements

image.jpg

THE LEGION OF BOOM: V1

da paste :D
I'm very open to improvements to this team, and I think it has definite potential as it uses a lot of top meta contenders but there are obvious problems and adaptations that need to happen.

To start, we have the boom master himself, and his coach.

:rillaboom: @ Choice Band
Ability: Grassy Surge
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 252 Atk / 124 Def / 4 SpD / 128 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Grassy Glide
- Wood Hammer
- U-turn
- Low Kick

Personally a mon I just really adore. Great priority, ways to interrupt psychic terrain setup, provides recovery for boulder and weakens quakes for it, while also having powerful grass stab and coverage. I think it's pretty hard to find a mon that can completely wall :rillaboom: outside of gouging fire and raging bolt, and I find this thing picking up a lot more than it maybe should with wood hammer band.

:slowking-galar: @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Future Sight
- Chilly Reception
- Sludge Bomb
- Thunder Wave

Probably the best support mon in the tier. Great stabs, speed control, slow switch, regenerator, awesome typing, and weather control all with decent bulk. Any ground type that can resist future sight cant survive :rillaboom:, and almost any mon rillaboom is scared of short of :weavile: can be swapped into by glowking. These two I feel are top-of-the-line, and fundamentally do their jobs better than anything else in the tier while synergizing very solidly.

The linesman are up next, with important coverage and assistance to the two tempo setters.

:dragapult: @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- U-turn
- Shadow Ball
- Flamethrower
- Draco Meteor

Again, more speed control, great stabs, draco meteor kills 65% of mons in the tier in one click, everything else has to be very afraid of shadow ball. :gouging-fire: is outsped, :roaring-moon: can't handle tera fairy, and everything scary can get set on fire or swapped out on. Fantastic special wallbreaker, spinblocker (although mostly irrelevant on this team-might be a point of improvement) and main :gholdengo: / :gouging-fire: threat.

:great-tusk: @ Assault Vest
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Headlong Rush
- Ice Spinner
- Rapid Spin

Bulky as shit, stab quakes, spinner, and overall just the goat of the tier. Can easily tank knock offs that frighten glowking and dragapult, can act as a secondary :gholdengo: / :kingambit: check, and provides a very nice thunderclap immunity. There might be room to run rocks here, but overall it provides a lot in its coverage and bulk with AV, so that might not be the best choice.

Last but not least, the cornerbacks.

:Weavile: @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Pickpocket
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Triple Axel
- Ice Shard
- Low Kick
- Knock Off

This guy clicks fucking buttons. Nothing in the tier enjoys swapping into it, as they will MINIMUM take 50% from knock off, or if they are the ever present :great-tusk: or :gliscor: a fat triple axel to the domium. More prio, more coverage, solid stabs, great support, and worst comes to worst swaps back to glowking. This guy clicks heads.

:Iron-Boulder: @ Booster Energy
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Mighty Cleave
- Psycho Cut
- Swords Dance

his ass is NOT sukuna :bat:

Real talk, boulder provides great stabs, protect breakage, and setup potential the team desperately needs. Very few things can outspeed it, and anything that can't manage to resist all three options under SD gets evaporated. This is probably new toy syndrome, but I feel this mon has serious potential, although it is likely to be replaced by better options out of everything here.

That's the team, I'm very open to any criticism as a 1300 scrub who got swept by tera steel comfey. Hazards are a likely addition somewhere, but this might just also be a meta-jumble without a ton of cohesion and I'm just coping. Thanks!​

Question, what is Tera Water for on Iron Boulder? You are still very much vulnerable to priority with Tera Water.

Change that to Tera Fighting or Flying.

Question, what is Tera Water for on Iron Boulder? You are still very much vulnerable to priority with Tera Water.

Change that to Tera Fighting or Flying.
Good catch-it is tera flying on my actual team but I mistyped on the paste.

yo nice team bro. however, u shld run knock off on rillaboom to remove items from rilla checks. run icicle crash on weavile too theres more rocky helmets lately. overall brill team tho.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)