Strategy & Metagame Leads in BW2 OU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'll get a wittier or more flavorful etc. title later if I need to.

Synopsis:

-Introduction

--So basically I'd like to talk about how leads still exist despite Team Preview and note that many dedicated leads have had a resurgance in use in BW2. I'll probably mention Deoxys-D somewhere in here considering it's practically the best lead in the metagame.

-Hazard Leads

--Deoxys-D: The main thing here will be its reliability and myriad of options to get past certain counters (i.e. Magic Coat, offensive moves, and Skill Swap. The other important point will be how it's the poster child for HO in BW2.

--Aerodactyl: I'll mention Aerodactyl's Speed and pretty good offensive prowess as reasons that it's a great lead.

--Mew: Normal Gem Explosion lead Mew is obviously the set in question here; it's important to note that it shuts down almost every other lead.

--Terrakion: Its great offensive prowess giving it the ability to force many opponents will be the focal point of its description.

--Crustle: This thing has pretty good defenses and Attack, using a Custap Berry to get up at the very least SR + 1 layer of Spikes.

-Dual Screen Leads

--Deoxys-D: Yeah it's as good at screens as it is at hazards, and it can set up screens multiple times per match.

--Espeon: Important notes here will be its fairly high Special Attack and ability to bounce back hazards / Taunt.

-Other Leads

--Smeargle: Basically I'll talk about how it Spores, sets up a Shell Smash, passes it, and that the incoming Pokemon is pretty much set to sweep (aasuming the opponent has no Sturdy Pokemon or Dragonite).

--Trick Users: Specs Latios and Scarf Jirachi are two pretty good examples. They tend to mess up opponents right off the bat. They screw over leads that set up both Stealth Rock and Spikes and throw off numerous opposing strategies.

-Conclusion

--At this point, I'll wrap it up by saying how leads definitely haven't died in BW and make some motivational statement to go try out some of the leads mentioned.

Thanks for your time.

I like the idea a lot, but I'm not qualified to give feedback on the actual sets you've provided, so I'd like to hear from one other staff member / senior staffer before giving you the go-ahead or not / seeing whether things may need to be changed. Supporting, though!

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I think you'll want to emphasize that the lead metagame is dead, but other than that, this should be an interesting read regardless. You have my approval.

I always love the work you do (´・ω・`)

Alright, you're welcome to go ahead with this! Thanks for applying~ Do you need Article Workshop access or not? If yes, go here and apply for Smog Access, then post here letting us know. Otherwise, just go right ahead. (´・ω・`)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)